Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Organza Quiz posted:

As someone who watched the first few eps of VGT, Filmbreakers and Week in Revue and then didn’t get around to watching any of the rest, I don’t mind at all if they focus more on streaming content or other longer-form stuff. I do hope Simone’s ridiculous fireplace gown persona gets another series of some sort though.

Simone's fireplace gown persona is just actually her, it's everything else that's an act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The latest episode of amnesty rules and I'm 100% on board. The monster is cool, the mystery is good, the community element of keeping their secret while working with the public is funny, and the underlying plot of the agent is promising. Last but not least, the pacing is on point and the battle actions flow better than 5e.

I can't wait for them to really catch their characters and kick it up to the next gear.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Honestly this past episode was pretty dang fun, I’m glad I gave it a chance. The only problem is that the boys are rolling too high, what the hell.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Yeah, I'm alright with Amnesty now after listening to that last episode, it was some Good poo poo. Also I kept picturing everything in vaguely blurry PS2 graphics* because Griffin kept saying how this is loosely based off Persona games and I've been playing a lot of Persona 4 lately

*with this playing as soon as they got to the pool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just waiting for the session where the team levels up to Goku levels of strength after failing every roll they make miserably.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope every arc has a scene where they have to politely get and elderly workout group to leave where they're trying to investigate. I think I'm coming around on Amnesty for now.

Also, I think the system works well enough for what they're trying to do, and I think it'll lead to shorter arcs like they said they wanted.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I love that they could have just said there's a gas leak and everyone needs to evacuate but they did a quintessentially adventure zone thing and let Clint come up with some weird plan that shouldn't have worked.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Colonel Whitey posted:

I love that they could have just said there's a gas leak and everyone needs to evacuate but they did a quintessentially adventure zone thing and let Clint come up with some weird plan that shouldn't have worked.

It should have been a roll though.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SoupyTwist posted:

It should have been a roll though.

Clint didn't roll because he wasn't (imo) entirely lying, and Travis DID have to roll to give some elderly citizens frostbite make the water colder, so it's not like they got away without any risk or anything

also, since when have the McElroys played a tabletop game while following 100% of the rules 100% of the time? :v:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea, Amnesty is fixing the issues I had with it and I've been enjoying it a lot more. I think Duck continues to be the best though for stuff like having no idea wtf to do to help or fight a water monster even with a magic sword.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And I'd be fine jumping on at episode 6 without having to finish the mini-arc?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The mental image of Duck just standing there slack jawed in his USFS uniform and magic sword in hand is delicious

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably? I'd listen to the setup episode so you at least know who/what their characters are, but if you listen to 6 and don't feel super confused yeah go for it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
They actually take some small amount of time to set up what characters are doing and the barebones basics of who they are, so you'll probably be OK. It's like a scifi show or something where the crew of whatever ship already all know each other in episode one, and you'll find out what they do through context by the end of whatever thing is happening.

The mini-arc has some real good Duck moments, though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, anyone who disliked the mini-arc should skip straight to the main series because after episode 6 things really pick up.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Shhhhhlorp

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The perfect phoon!

I enjoyed the whole little scene with the agent, Barclay and Ned (especially Ned shooting back about saving Barclay's life) and think that's going to be an interesting bit going forward; the "season arc" potential is pretty good in this game's premise so early hints are welcome.

Duck freezing up was good, as was Aubrey snapping him out of it with a solid suggestion (I thought they were going to do something crazy like try to fish Ned out with the sword). Everyone feels like they're really settling into their characters now, in particular Clint seems more comfortable taking the lead with Ned which is cool because he's a fun character. The idea of doing Lunar Interlude level-up scenes in the future seems like a smart way to combine the mechanical needs of explaining level ups and give narrative opportunities to develop the characters (Duck's training last episode leading to his toughness upgrade).

All in all a very solid episode and I'm looking forward to more. In particular, I'm curious what'll happen when the boys don't roll so well and something doesn't go their way - they've managed to save everyone so far and get away pretty unscathed so they seem in high spirits, but that could change. Duck doesn't seem like he'll take failure well, for a start.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/988530611584425984?s=21

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'll be the one to say IDGI

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I know we aren’t supposed to like Nick anymore but I’ve been working my way through the back catalog of cool games inc. and it’s so goddamn hilarious and good. I miss it so much!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dantheman650 posted:

I know we aren’t supposed to like Nick anymore but I’ve been working my way through the back catalog of cool games inc. and it’s so goddamn hilarious and good. I miss it so much!

You can like someone's work while still acknowledging that they ducked up.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'll be the one to say IDGI

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/36776479320702976

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RsLNwVAAos

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

When Griffin did the Michael Caine voice, I lost it. Very few things get me to laugh out loud by myself, but that, Fake Outcast Fans, and Kenny Rogers Gamefaqs are my top three.

I'm now going back through MBMBAM from the very beginning, and holy poo poo...

1) When does Bob Ball's disclaimer show up?
2) When do they upgrade their setups?
3) How long before stuff like The Money Zone and Munch Squad show up?

I know when the music changes, since all of that is on youtube, but drat, I miss my regular MBMBAM. :negative:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Its me, I preferred Take A Chance On Me.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

When Griffin did the Michael Caine voice, I lost it. Very few things get me to laugh out loud by myself, but that, Fake Outcast Fans, and Kenny Rogers Gamefaqs are my top three.

I'm now going back through MBMBAM from the very beginning, and holy poo poo...

1) When does Bob Ball's disclaimer show up?
2) When do they upgrade their setups?
3) How long before stuff like The Money Zone and Munch Squad show up?

I know when the music changes, since all of that is on youtube, but drat, I miss my regular MBMBAM. :negative:

Not sure on 1 and 2, Money Zone started when they joined Maximum Fun somewhere in the 30's, and Munch Squad shows up in episode 304.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
What happened with Nick?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's a big creep who asks teenagers for nudes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Nick was the spark that lit the #MeToo #TimesUp fire

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Nick was the spark that lit the #MeToo #TimesUp fire

Was Harvey Weinstein just the metaphorical tanker full of gas that was subsequently poured all over that same fire?

Also I don't mind Take a Chance on Me, but that originally closing track... Jesus loving christ :negative:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Was Harvey Weinstein just the metaphorical tanker full of gas that was subsequently poured all over that same fire?

Also I don't mind Take a Chance on Me, but that originally closing track... Jesus loving christ :negative:

I agree, Jesus loving Christ it's a tragedy that they changed it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I miss girl talk

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I still have Play Your Part pt. 2 on my phone and listen to it fairly regularly. It was such a good closer, and Griffin always knew exactly when to put in the fade-in. It was very good. I don't really know the "How'm I supposed to freak to this?" song, though, and I don't really miss it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

I miss girl talk

just, like, in general

it's been 8 years since the last album :smith:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

It's time to get real. It's time to get real.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This last ep was pretty solid. Fancy hot dogs had me rolling.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Justin has a very good Mickey Mouse impression but an eldritch horror Donald Duck impression

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The Mcelroys are 0/3 on Donald Duck impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCUvbnkSw4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

The Mcelroys are 0/3 on Donald Duck impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCUvbnkSw4

And I never want them to stop trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was catching up with MBMBAM on long haul flights (only ~150 to go!) and I listened to both the episode where they ignore all the questions and just talk about their school life, and the Totinos episode.

Pure gold.