Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't stop thinking about the audacity of the finish so ROH has me there. I'm gonna hazard a guess that Cody threw that one out there and whatever bald idiot they have booking now ran with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So....has a dude with a Brock Lesnar tattoo but 100 lbs lighter shown up yet?

Probably going by the name "Ace"

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I read that Taven made Cody punch his title belt to open his hand. Isn’t that pretty cleanly and cleverly outsmarting your opponent?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

try the new taco place posted:

I read that Taven made Cody punch his title belt to open his hand. Isn’t that pretty cleanly and cleverly outsmarting your opponent?

It was both. Taven blocked Cody's punch with the belt, they separated, Cody then got Taven to the ground and kept punching him until blood appeared. The ending was kind of weird looking in practice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grem posted:

So....has a dude with a Brock Lesnar tattoo but 100 lbs lighter shown up yet?

Probably going by the name "Ace"

no but some extra got beat up by Flip Gordon for being a big douche backstage so maybe that was your friend?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flip wrecking people for being douchebags is pretty funny.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What? Flip got in a fight?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What? Flip got in a fight?

Meltzer reported the backstage shenanigans we were talking about earlier was some extra getting mad because he was asked to get out of Christopher Daniels's chair then picking a fight with Flip and losing.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I always found it odd that army vet with MMA training instead decided to become a flippy dude.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Armbar Gordon didn't have the same ring.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Armbar Gordon didn't have the same ring.

Lock Gordon clearly.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Women of Honor doesn’t feel very fleshed out.

Say what you want about the awful branding behind WWE’s “women’s revolution” but at least there’s a coherent roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/987862314899640320

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The best year in ROH history.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fart blood posted:

Women of Honor doesn’t feel very fleshed out.

Say what you want about the awful branding behind WWE’s “women’s revolution” but at least there’s a coherent roster.

We've bemoaned their fate pretty soundly in the Women's thread but yeah, ROH's handling of their women's division is like the polar opposite of WWE's and somehow just as terrible. I think there's very little creative work done within it besides "you've got six minutes, don't kill the contracted talent." And the people they have under contract aren't strong promos or characters. Whatever it is, women's wrestling in ROH is terrible.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Emma will carry WOH into the future

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
congratulations ROH, Impact booked a show that featured a woman getting a cane splintered over her head, and it had more forward momentum than we've seen in ROH in like 3 years

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the cody/kenny feud, implosion of the elite and meta-build to All In are the three best stories in wrestling this year, actually

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao forever at TNA just randomly pulling off a better show and main event than ROH has done in like a calendar year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

the cody/kenny feud, implosion of the elite and meta-build to All In are the three best stories in wrestling this year, actually

All of that has been more in New Japan and on Being the Elite than in ROH though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

nah that's not ROH, sorry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roh...........is good!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

exploded mummy posted:

nah that's not ROH, sorry

I don't think we can count a random Pentagon Jr match with no story or build as TNA then either

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I don't think we can count a random Pentagon Jr match with no story or build as TNA then either

So we should count the show that is literally being run independent of the promotion in favor of that promotion, where as giving the world title to a popular wrestler doesn't count as momentum because ADR no showed an event and forced plans to change fir the better.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Why is ROH so bad at naming teams/stables?

I like Dalton Castle's gimmick, and I think he's good.

And he comes out with "the boys."

What a half-assed name.

I'm actually triggered by this, I think.

Hell, even "Dalton Castle" sounds like a name you'd get in FCW. But I'll give that a pass.

Get better team names, ROH.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the point supposed to be that the Boys are just nameless beefcake for Dalton to admire and have serve him?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the point supposed to be that the Boys are just nameless beefcake for Dalton to admire and have serve him?

I just think the name lacks color for people with such a colorful gimmick.

They aren't alone. Marty Scurl's nickname is "the Villain." They spent a whopping 3 seconds on that one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fart blood posted:

They aren't alone. Marty Scurl's nickname is "the Villain." They spent a whopping 3 seconds on that one.

Again, I think that's Marty's gimmick in other promotions too,and it's based around the British connotations of the word. He's basically calling himself a gangster, but like a mafia type one.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

Again, I think that's Marty's gimmick in other promotions too,and it's based around the British connotations of the word. He's basically calling himself a gangster, but like a mafia type one.

Well they're bad names. :colbert:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he should be Chad Castle and his Chums.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Bludgeon Brothers

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

fart blood posted:

It comes together when, idk, that fake Stan Hansen dude comes after them on the outside and Castle gets between them and points at fake Stan Hansen flamboyantly and yells “don’t touch *MY BOYS*”

fart blood posted:

Marty Scurll is just a bad dork

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

fart blood posted:

You've bad posts.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fart blood posted:

they're not!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

sportsgenius86 posted:

no but some extra got beat up by Flip Gordon for being a big douche backstage so maybe that was your friend?

poo poo, I hope so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fart blood posted:

It's a tradition at this point. The second ever stable in ROH were The Group. And then you have the stables that came from the Generation Next guys who all had terrible names: No Remorse Corps, The Resilience and Vulture Squad.

And now you have The Addiction and The Kingdom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All wrestling names are bad. Should replace with numbers and colors. Red 34 could beat the poo poo out of Green 15.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart blood posted:

I like Dalton Castle's gimmick, and I think he's good.

And he comes out with "the boys."

What a half-assed name.

I'm actually triggered by this, I think.

Hell, even "Dalton Castle" sounds like a name you'd get in FCW. But I'll give that a pass.

Get better team names, ROH.
The Boys sounds like an alt-right group.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The best ROH belt is definitely the IWGP U.S. Heavyweight title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

It comes together when, idk, that fake Stan Hansen dude comes after them on the outside and Castle gets between them and points at fake Stan Hansen flamboyantly and yells “don’t touch *MY BOYS*”

Marty Scurll is just a bad dork

...did you just compare Adam Page to Stan Hansen?

• Locked thread