Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Into those wings, I can see stealing them for something else someday

Good news, its an extra parts set so you can have bewinged everything without the spirits of unmade gundams crucifying your collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RillAkBea posted:

Good news, its an extra parts set so you can have bewinged everything without the spirits of unmade gundams crucifying your collection.

I bet there's a lot of unbuilt Wing Zero Customs that were bought only for the wings

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gunpla is freedom :stwoon:. Are there any other HGBC/HGBD announcements from wherever you grabbed that pic?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gunpla is freedom :stwoon:. Are there any other HGBC/HGBD announcements from wherever you grabbed that pic?

I got that off Japanese Twitter. I think there's some kind of event going on and news is trickling out

here's official pics of stuff we already know about though

Galbaldy Rebake

GM Guard Custom (not P-Bandai)

Byarlant

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want that gabaldy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

I want that gabaldy

IT'S MINE, I SAW IT FIRST! :fuckoff:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
If a p.bandai says it will come out in July, and I will be in Tokyo in July, what is the likelihood that I will be able to find it when I'm there? Same question: May release.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I don't remember seeing any November p bandai releases at the end of November in any of the second hand shops.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Yawgmoft posted:

If a p.bandai says it will come out in July, and I will be in Tokyo in July, what is the likelihood that I will be able to find it when I'm there? Same question: May release.

They usually start shipping around the middle of the month. So by the end of the month it may start showing up in second hand stores but the markups are fairly ridiculous. A store near me had a GN-X IV the first month they came out but it was something like 4000 yen.

Bandai Hobby site low key uploaded some pages for new Build Divers stuff.

Galbaldy Rebake
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2321/

Gundam Jien? Altron
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2322/

RX-Rei Maru (Zero Zero)
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2333/

Binder Gun weapons
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2323/

Machine Rider (or an actual motorcycle)
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2335/

Sky High Wings
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/2336/

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 23, 2018

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Ugh. So is there any benefit in getting it in Japan? Doesn't sound like it.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Nope not really. I found gunpla shopping in Japan to mostly be about finding older limited releases or deals on other kit dealers like Kotobukiya and Plum. I remembering finding a MG Turn X for 3000 yen which was a pretty good bargain.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh and Bandai has listened to the people. Cat Weapons is no longer just an April fools.

https://bandai-hobby.net/news/detail/1031/

They appear to be compatible with Build Fighters stuff too though I think they're not legally allowed to associste it with Gundam? Because they just mention compatibility with 3mm joints and show a generic mobile suit looking robot.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like there are... 5? cat kits. Just put them up for preorder already HLJ I will buy them all.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I'm going to get the set.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Byarlant taking goatse to a whole new level.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
what is that mobile suit doing to it's thruster?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why do you think it's arms are so far apart

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
You guys wanna tell the class what the cats are found under on HobbyLink/Hobbysearch because I am having a hard rear end time finding them. I mean this is probably on me, but it does not like any combination of neko busou I use and just searching neko is... yeah.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah I'm going to get the set.

:yossame:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Caitlin posted:

You guys wanna tell the class what the cats are found under on HobbyLink/Hobbysearch because I am having a hard rear end time finding them. I mean this is probably on me, but it does not like any combination of neko busou I use and just searching neko is... yeah.

They're coming August and it was literally just announced.

It'll populate shortly once bandai releases the actual info to retailers.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Puddin posted:

They're coming August and it was literally just announced.

It'll populate shortly once bandai releases the actual info to retailers.

see the actual problem is that I read "just put them up for preorder already" as "just preordered already" :toot:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
we're living in the goddamn future

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm glad the mechs in BD seem more like the designs in the original Bf.

The try designs were mostly crap.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm just glad to see AGE kits being visited for customs. So far not a huge fan of the Champs suit because it's just a bunch of funnels and blades but my favorite mobile suit is AGE-1 normal so fingers crossed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zodack posted:

I'm just glad to see AGE kits being visited for customs. So far not a huge fan of the Champs suit because it's just a bunch of funnels and blades but my favorite mobile suit is AGE-1 normal so fingers crossed.

The Ogre also has the AGE-1 Titus' energy spikes in its shoulders and wrists.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monaghan posted:

I'm glad the mechs in BD seem more like the designs in the original Bf.

The try designs were mostly crap.

You don't like fifty thousand Zeta redesigns?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Cam by this video on some pretty handy looking stuff for part-casting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZLXLaidjQ&t=8s

He mentions not using liquid resin but a commenter said they tried and it was fine, so clear parts might be an option, I think I'd like to give it a go.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I assume for pouring liquid resin into those molds you would need to create a hole to pour into, correct? Seems cool and I could see myself using this at some point.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah, I guess either bite a hole in one half of the mold or cut a channel to the edge on June one? Or attempt to make a one piece mold.

Would like to sculpt new parts as well, then cast it into resin.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I finally got my Haros from Amazon today. They're pretty cool, though slightly smaller than I was expecting. They go together super easy and they have the kind of gates that you can break off by hand so you could probably whack one out in less than 5 minutes if you were really trying. Bandai has also been fairly generous on the colors. Where the petitgguys had 2-3 colors, the average Haro has 4, with a maximum of 5. (3 on A1, 2 on A2)

I currently have mine all in ball form because the arms and legs creep me out a little.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What's the deal with midnight blue paint? In the photos I've seen of parts painted pure midnight blue, it looks black. A couple people I've seen talking about it online have said it looks black. When mixed with white it looks grey, such as when the Zaku I Sniper calls for 95% midnight blue and 5% white for some mechanical parts. But Mr. Color's sample of the colour on their website looks definitely non-black on my monitor.

Does it look black but reflect the light in an interesting way that isn't always captured in photographs?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Getting a bit razzed off with HLJ to be honest, I ordered 2 Reversible Gundam showing as in stock and they are now still not processed and "backordered". Ordered Julietta's Reginlaze too, marked at the time as backordered, now "low stock" but who knows what will actually happen.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Backordered basically means "we're out of stock but we know there will be more produced in the future". It would be less confusing if they changed that to "out of stock" and "out of stock" to "discontinued".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/100ikai/status/988760227687247872

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Backordered basically means "we're out of stock but we know there will be more produced in the future". It would be less confusing if they changed that to "out of stock" and "out of stock" to "discontinued".

Or just changing"in stock" to"out of stock" because it's out of loving stock.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Lol I was just sanding a seam-filled lance (the Graze Schwalbe one) and realized I could stick it onto a powerdrill, wrap it in sandpaper, and bam I've got a rudimentary lathe

Gunpla is freedom

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Okay, looks like HLJ actually just sent all my stuff, including the Julia that I wasn't expecting for weeks, into my "warehouse, so I'm getting it all shipped now. Pretty excited to get my project going!

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Is there any reason to, after priming a piece in black, paint it black? My end goal is a black piece, and I primed black. It's not as shiny as if I painted it black, but it's gonna get dull coated in the end anyway - does it make a difference?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Better finish for one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Certain primers have a tacky feel to better accept paint which can make it rub off before it's covered, also for some (personal preference) it can give a 'unfinished' feel because of how experienced a lot of people in the hobby are with the color of Primer Black/Grey/White

Ultimately it's your project and there's no hard rules, go with what you like best.