Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
18 but they still (as a broad thing) ID anyone who looks 25 or under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got carded once when going to a place, but they also patted me down, so it was less because of a place minors shouldn't go and more of a place no one should go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

I got carded once when going to a place, but they also patted me down, so it was less because of a place minors shouldn't go and more of a place no one should go.

Eh, I worked security at one of the biggest nightclubs in the midwest and on weekends we patted every dude down.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Rhyno posted:

I worked security at one of the biggest nightclubs in the midwest

Just so you know, my mental image of you has gone completely haywire

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Samuringa posted:

Just so you know, my mental image of you has gone completely haywire

I complete believe Woody would work security at a nightclub.

I'm not doxing him, he did an amazing cosplay of Woody from Quantum and Woody and that character would definitely do that job. Well, he would half-rear end that job. Well, Woody would probably sign up for the job, but spend most of the time just buying beers and harassing female patrons. Well, he'd actually probably just not even show up and go to a different bar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, you guys. I really did work security for a while. Mostly at a smaller bar but it was in the same complex as the club and I frequently picked up shifts on concert nights. I also got free chicken wings every shift and thanks to customer bought drinks I rarely paid to get drunk.

So I got FAT. Which is what lead to me leaving that gig for the comic shop full time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/988517221788934144

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Relies too much on dick jokes, but otherwise really good.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

So I got FAT. Which is what lead to me leaving that gig for the comic shop full time.

I guess they saw you had the proper qualifications now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I guess they saw you had the proper qualifications now.

When I started that gig I was still pretty thin. Ballooning up to 245 definitely made me look the part.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

When I started that gig I was still pretty thin. Ballooning up to 245 definitely made me look the part.

I've always assumed you were large and bald.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

RUDE.

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/status/943576344948076545

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

That is a lot of floorspace for a comic shop. You, like, actually have space to walk around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

That is a lot of floorspace for a comic shop. You, like, actually have space to walk around.

The layout was always nice. Being in an upscale mall helped.

I'm kind of out of nice things to say about them now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

The layout was always nice. Being in an upscale mall helped.

I'm kind of out of nice things to say about them now.

I understand. My last employer lied and said it was permanent position when they hired me, but brought me in the second busy season (60+ hour/weeks for 3 months) ended, as in the second I came in the following morning, and told me they were a small company that couldn't keep too much staff during the off season. So, I get messy employer situations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

I understand. My last employer lied and said it was permanent position when they hired me, but brought me in the second busy season (60+ hour/weeks for 3 months) ended, as in the second I came in the following morning, and told me they were a small company that couldn't keep too much staff during the off season. So, I get messy employer situations.

I've been trying to be nice and not talk poo poo but I keep hearing horrible things that have happened since I left. Two people walked (one being my replacement) over it being a hostile work environment. It just hurts my soul because I worked so hard to build that place into what it was and now it's burning to the ground.

Oh and I weigh 163 lbs now btw.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Not gonna lie, I always pictured you as the Comic Book Guy, but not as yellow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Me being young and handsome sure throws that off right?

LoL I'm hideous.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying to be nice and not talk poo poo but I keep hearing horrible things that have happened since I left. Two people walked (one being my replacement) over it being a hostile work environment. It just hurts my soul because I worked so hard to build that place into what it was and now it's burning to the ground.

That's...rough. The worst thing to have happen after you put a lot of passion into something is watching someone take a poo poo all over it.

I'm sorry, buddy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I always thought you were an older Ultimate Kong, but still better looking than Bendis.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Samuringa posted:

Not gonna lie, I always pictured you as the Comic Book Guy, but not as yellow.

After seeing Rhyno and Gavok, I'm just going to assume you all look like comedians.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I always assumed Rhyno would look like a shut in. You know, like a stereotypical goon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I always assumed Rhyno would look like a shut in. You know, like a stereotypical goon.

I used to?

I post in AI more than anywhere else these days and I shared most of my weight transformation over there. This the only thing I have hosted but it kind of shows the change.

Left is me at 225+ or so. Right is me in the same shirt at 165. The red circle shows the excess fabric that was previously part of a skin tight shirt.

Being fat absolutely has a negative effect on your mental health. I'm at just over a year since I started and with a few ups and downs I've lost roughly 60 pounds since March 2017. And honestly, since I'm no longer at the shop I'm 100% happier. It just sucks to watch it fall apart.

Covok posted:

That's...rough. The worst thing to have happen after you put a lot of passion into something is watching someone take a poo poo all over it.

I'm sorry, buddy.

I tell you, the store used to get reviews like "this is a safe place for all to come" and now it's like "the creep at the counter was eyeballing my teenage daughters chest."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I tell you, the store used to get reviews like "this is a safe place for all to come" and now it's like "the creep at the counter was eyeballing my teenage daughters chest."

Oh...uh, that's bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Oh...uh, that's bad.

It's a guy I worked hard to keep in check while working there. Without a buffer it's going to be very bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's a guy I worked hard to keep in check while working there. Without a buffer it's going to be very bad.

That's not a guy who needs a buffer, that's a guy who needs to be fired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That's not a guy who needs a buffer, that's a guy who needs to be fired.

He's the store manager. All my complaints fell on deaf ears. Unless he actually touches a child he's gonna work there til he dies.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Something tells me that a pedophile will likely not be able to keep business for a long period of time before being shut down either due to lack of customers or finally crossing the line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Something tells me that a pedophile will likely not be able to keep business for a long period of time before being shut down either due to lack of customers or finally crossing the line.

He's not an actual has-touched kids pedo. He's just a huge loving creep with disgusting opinions about women.

Edit: Everything you guys assumed about how I looked and was? That's pretty much him. Except he has hair. He drinks 5 or 6 cans of pop per shift, eats a shitload of fast food and SURPRISE has diabetes because of his diet.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 24, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I always assumed you were the manager of this place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

For some reason I always assumed you were the manager of this place.

I was an assistant manager for 6 years before the ownership changeover (father sold to sons). From that point on I was just an associate as they felt they had too many people with that title.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Gaz-L posted:

If it was in the States, I would assume he'd have his passport. If it was here in the UK? If he doesn't have a driver's licence, he may not normally carry photo ID.
Yeah, but again, considering he looks 12 you'd think he'd go out of his way to carry some sort of photo ID. Even in the UK they card you if you look young.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If Inspector Sledge Hammer made a cameo in the Dick Tracy movie, it would look exactly like this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Is this that evil costumer you always talked about? Too nad he likes the same comic as you.

Why no I havent read the thread.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

No that's me

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah, but again, considering he looks 12 you'd think he'd go out of his way to carry some sort of photo ID. Even in the UK they card you if you look young.

Yeah, but if you're Tom Holland you might just assume people could google you instead of carrying ID.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/988738145863729153

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but if you're Tom Holland you might just assume people could google you instead of carrying ID.

Bars are legally required to ask for ID and he just looks like your average white dude.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

A google page isnt an acceptable form of id

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

A google page isnt an acceptable form of id

Yeah, but young people are idiots and while the "rule" is you card everyone who looks under 25 or thirty or whatever there's no legal definition of what "under 25" looks like. I'm sure this happened in America and it was a bartender being paranoid because the local liquor board entrapped some other bartender at another restaurant for selling to a minor and gave them a huge fine (it varies state to state, but it's usually around $1000-$3000 and also means you lose your job). When that happened near me I was carding everyone including a woman with grey hair who had no ID and when I was still a bit paranoid but more relaxed I sold some booze to a woman with no ID but she had a hint of crow's feet around the eyes.

You aren't legally required to carry ID in America, even if you're a foreigner.

• Locked thread