Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

I'm seriously not trying to be a prick with this response, but there are legions of sports writers publishing previews of the matchups yesterday and today.

this is true and I spent a bit of time doing it but they seem to vary quite a bit even in formation choice and I was hoping someone here was an authority on such matters

Gigi Galli posted:

Fazio...pretty fast

i remember him being just about the slowest pro football i'd ever seen when he was at spurs, has this improved lately? I know manolas is supposed to be just about the worlds fastest center back and he looked like it vs barca

also i agree dzeko is going to be a monster, liverpool haven't done well with big strong center forwards this year and, well

bewbies fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

bewbies posted:

this is true and I spent a bit of time doing it but they seem to vary quite a bit even in formation choice and I was hoping someone here was an authority on such matters

i remember him being just about the slowest pro football i'd ever seen when he was at spurs, has this improved lately? I know manolas is supposed to be just about the worlds fastest center back and he looked like it vs barca

also i agree dzeko is going to be a monster, liverpool haven't done well with big strong center forwards this year and, well

Maybe it's because he's covered by Manolas; I haven't seen him in a proper footrace in a while. He isn't as bad as he was at Spurs though, I remember that.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I was in Rome this weekend and had a chat with my Sisters boyfriend (who is a massive Roma fan) and he's in full on conspiracy mode. He doesn't understand how they can be doing so poo poo in the league but be beating some of the best teams in Europe.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

I'm seriously not trying to be a prick with this response, but there are legions of sports writers publishing previews of the matchups yesterday and today.

In fairness a lot of these are absolute crap, and it’s surprisingly difficult to find decent write ups about formation and tactics with google.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

blue footed boobie posted:

In fairness a lot of these are absolute crap, and it’s surprisingly difficult to find decent write ups about formation and tactics with google.

Have you considered watching a football match?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

Have you considered watching a football match?

Ah yes, the Oliwan posting strategy.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
mods?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

blue footed boobie posted:

Ah yes, the Oliwan posting strategy.

Interesting. Do you often think in terms of things like 'posting strategies' as a way of avoiding engagement with the real world?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Well, apologies for my shitpost from earlier, to try to atone here are 2 articles in my google news feed that I thought had some decent Roma info
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.c...ps-how-to-watch
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/5-things-liverpool-fans-need-know-about-roma?page=0%2C1

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

Interesting. Do you often think in terms of things like 'posting strategies' as a way of avoiding engagement with the real world?

No it was inspired by your oliwan-esque post

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Leave Oliwan alone to die.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

bewbies posted:

will someone do a chart with roma's formation? i want to know more about roma

just imagine I did them in a square facing outwards

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

They play a 4-3-3, though they played with a three man backline against Barcelona since they needed to score goals. The biggest mismatch I see is that Dzeko is loving Big and has plenty of Premier League experience. Manolas and Fazio are both pretty fast but not faster than Salah and Firmino, in my opinion. If Klopp has done his homework he'll know that Roma has lots of players that are prone to meltdowns (Nainggolan, De Rossi, etc) so aggravating them will probably be a good mental strategy.

Firmino has a lot of great qualities but speed isn't one of them. Mane, Salah and Ox on the other hand...

I agree about the midfield situation but that's really not our game at all. We have no wind up merchants or slightly dirty players. A lot of our players run with the ball so this should result in a few fouls though.

I'm far more confident against the likes of Dzeko with VvD in the side. Although they'll almost certainly try to attack down the right hand side.

loving nervous to be honest lads. I don't even really look forward to games like this.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Playing in the CL is really messing up our plan of qualifying for the CL, so I hope we lose the CL.

Nah we're gonna win La Sexta. It's destiny boys.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm not too nervous about tonight. Think this is going to be all about the second leg.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I’m pretty nervous too. Not sure what to expect, especially after the sloppiness against West Brom.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dumpster fire game with a jammy 87’ goal by Roma

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

strong side. gently caress, im nervous

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/988832437412204544

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

love roma me

gonna sing the roma song before the game, gonna do the full john redwood

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That's our best XI at the moment imo, hope they're good enough.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I think Liverpoo will win, if the version of Liverpoo that can show up for big game shows up.

I think it might be your year, Poos.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

In fact, I'll do one better.

LIVERPOOL TO WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2017-2018. BOOK IT.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Roma's XI: Alisson Becker; Fazio, Manolas, Juan Jesus; Florenzi, De Rossi, Strootman, Kolarov; Cengiz Under, Nainggolan; Dzeko

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

Roma's XI: Alisson Becker; Fazio, Manolas, Juan Jesus; Florenzi, De Rossi, Strootman, Kolarov; Cengiz Under, Nainggolan; Dzeko

Is that Federico fazio, the spurs failure?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I have a feeling Roma will be able to stifle the Liverpool attack and try to wait for counters resulting in a kind of boring match with maybe one goal late on either way, just a poo poo who cares poster's hunch.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

In fact, I'll do one better.

LIVERPOOL TO WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2017-2018. BOOK IT.

Is this a :toxx: post

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Is that Federico fazio, the spurs failure?

yes, and he hasn't been terrible in Serie A this year

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I hope Roma don't park the bus too much so the match is fun

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is this a :toxx: post

Decidedly NO.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
hello page 69, go Liverpool

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bit nervous now...

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

UP THE loving REDS

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Glhf

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Let's go boys! I want a dang good match today.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Did Liverpool have a "welcoming party" for the Roma bus or did they realize they'd get 10x worse in the 2nd leg and chicken out?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I thought I was crazy, but googling a bit Roma's sponsor is really new for this match. They didn't have a sponsor against Barca

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
posting in page 69

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Both sides have a shot on target in under 3 minutes. Lookin good

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Sadly I am work so I am listening on the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

pik_d posted:

Did Liverpool have a "welcoming party" for the Roma bus or did they realize they'd get 10x worse in the 2nd leg and chicken out?

They did, it was fine, then a group of Roma fans decided to attack an old man with belts.

I'm not joking:

https://twitter.com/JNorthcroft/status/988842254486863872

• Locked thread