Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

no one cares about not being able to post for 0.00006849315 of a year

tbf my previous IK'ing was based entirely on making the thread readable so questioning why I went beyond that isn't exactly uncalled for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/988626104398172160

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Raskolnikov what was the deal with that probation for just saying "no it isn't" to a tweet? Nobody took issue with that post and somebody else disagreed the same way

you're gormless

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

lol

what a worthless loving garbage sack of a human being

the posts are from ~10 years ago. if she'd just put her hand up and apologized and admitted that yes what she wrote was really offensive and unacceptable then that would have demonstrated some actual integrity and i could respect that. but no, she went straight to lying her rear end off like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar and immediately got caught out for it. she's loving done and it's going to be fun to watch her burn.

i mean, i do try to see the best in people where possible. even though most of her attacks are dishonest as gently caress maybe she did genuinely believe in her cause. maybe she felt it was justified to tell a few small lies in service of a greater good (it's not, ever, and this mentality is a big reason why things are so hosed to day, but i can at least understand the thinking). but if she starts immediately lying her rear end when she herself comes under fire then she's just another garbage grifter with no goals beyond attaching herself to whatever cause is gonna bring in more cash for #1 this week.

and as for this wonderful person, eh if she didn't catch any meaningful poo poo for saying "hey we should invade a country then plunder their natural resources as payment for us 'liberating' them" then i can't see this making much of a splash

Sapozhnik has issued a correction as of 07:14 on Apr 24, 2018

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

turd-way dems posted:

Universal private pensions would require all employers to contribute at least 50-cents per hour into each worker’s individually-owned, low-fee private retirement account to supplement their full Social Security benefits. A lifetime of work will forever mean a comfortable retirement.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

this bit made me chuckle.

quote:

CAP’s handling of the allegations against Strong came as a profound disappointment to the young progressive women who joined the organization, many of whom saw their jobs as an entrée to what they expected would be the Clinton White House.

11/9 broke so many lanyard hearts.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sapozhnik posted:

the posts are from ~10 years ago. if she'd just put her hand up and apologized and admitted that yes what she wrote was really offensive and unacceptable then that would have demonstrated some actual integrity and i could respect that. but no, she went straight to lying her rear end off like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar and immediately got caught out for it. she's loving done and it's going to be fun to watch her burn.

nah, msnbc only shitcans you if you're critical of the democratic establishment

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Was it Dylan Ratygan that had a big rant about the extraction of wealth from America, but that went without comment from his boss. His language didn't seem to get that specific and he said it was both Democrat and Republican actions (no name drops).

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Was it Dylan Ratygan that had a big rant about the extraction of wealth from America, but that went without comment from his boss. His language didn't seem to get that specific and he said it was both Democrat and Republican actions (no name drops).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Corky Romanovsky posted:

maybe he was the anonymous person on last week’s Citations Needed....

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
The citations needed guest could probably be identified by speech patterns.

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Onion did it first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oz2R7C_nRc

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sapozhnik posted:

lol

what a worthless loving garbage sack of a human being

i mean, i do try to see the best in people where possible. even though most of her attacks are dishonest as gently caress maybe she did genuinely believe in her cause. maybe she felt it was justified to tell a few small lies in service of a greater good (it's not, ever, and this mentality is a big reason why things are so hosed to day, but i can at least understand the thinking). but if she starts immediately lying her rear end when she herself comes under fire then she's just another garbage grifter with no goals beyond attaching herself to whatever cause is gonna bring in more cash for #1 this week.

considering 10 years ago joy Ann Reid had positive things to say about Bernie, going out on a limb and saying the “racist sexist berniebros” is a big rear end projection.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/carlbeijer/status/988738510764027905?s=21

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

thanks for the (up to lol full time jobs in 2018) $1040/year towards my 401k. you're so generous.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Phone posted:

thanks for the (up to lol full time jobs in 2018) $1040/year towards my 401k. you're so generous.

sorry, but you've been laid off to make up for the loss of profits

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Phone posted:

you forgot to account for the mandatory "low fees" that were so necessary they need to be explicitly mentioned

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Crosspost from D&D, unironically this time

Matt Lubchansky on Barbara Bush

Ashrik posted:

Lubchansky
fixed:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yinlock posted:

sorry, but you've been laid off to make up for the loss of profits

The financial managers used your portfolio to gain more favorable trade prices for their premium clients and also racked up transaction fees. Your retirement account will last you 30 days. Good luck.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
work does suck if you're working something you hate.

People still want to do something to give their lives meaning. But when your survival depends on doing whatever somebody else is willing to pay you to do (and labor monopsony is a thing, and part of why wages have stagnated)

Ubi for people who are sick of working, jobs guarantee for those who want to work.

Also:

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/988761043697590278?s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the perfect crime............................. :thunk:

https://twitter.com/Julie_Johnsoned/status/988528851834859522

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Has Reid ever apologized for all the transphobic Ann Coulter comments? Plenty of those still up on her twitter, as the replies to the above tweet show

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

this is pretty much 100% true and I fully expect Joy to get away with this obvious lie

anyway, best lib/lib fight since Aiston/Albright right here

https://twitter.com/htmlmencken/status/988741886847438848?s=21

Aravosis really is a racist transphobe btw

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
most people don't even know who joy reid is

hell, I don't even know who joy reid is

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Barry Convex posted:

this is pretty much 100% true and I fully expect Joy to get away with this obvious lie

anyway, best lib/lib fight since Aiston/Albright right here

https://twitter.com/htmlmencken/status/988741886847438848?s=21

Aravosis really is a racist transphobe btw

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i'll take imani over aravosis any fuckin day

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

eh aravosis is classic lib soft bigotry and gandy is pretty clearly suffering from some kind of personality disorder pick your poison i guess

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/24/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-amy-chozick-chasing-hillary-book

quote:

The candidate was squirming with frustration over lingering concerns about her “authenticity” and racked with loathing for Donald Trump she was determined not to vent in public.

“Aides understood that in order to keep it all together onstage, Hillary sometimes needed to unleash on them in private,” Chozick writes in Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns and One Intact Glass Ceiling. “‘You want authentic, here it is!’ she’d yelled in one prep session, followed by a gently caress-laced fusillade about what a ‘disgusting’ human being Trump was and how he didn’t deserve to even be in the arena.”

quote:

Chozick reveals that an unnamed top Clinton donor had previously confronted Abedin, pleading with her to step aside for Clinton’s sake in 2013, when a second sexting scandal involving Weiner broke out.

“I’m good at what I do and that’s Hillary’s decision,” Abedin replied.

quote:

Hillary Clinton reportedly “erupted” when Chozick reported in January 2016 that the actress and writer Lena Dunham, a prominent supporter and 29 at the time, told a Manhattan dinner party “she was disturbed by how, in the 1990s, the Clintons and their allies discredited women” who had accused Bill Clinton of misconduct.

quote:

Campaign manager Robby Mook, who was 36 years old on election night, “always listened patiently, respectfully” to the two-term president talk about campaign strategy, Chozick writes. “But [Mook] mostly saw in the former president a relic, a brilliant tactician of a bygone era.

“Behind his back, Robby did a Bill impersonation (‘And let me tell you another thing about the white working class …’) waving a finger in a Clintonian motion.”

The former president, meanwhile, was painfully aware of Trump’s potential appeal in territory he thought of as his own, Chozick reports.

“By late February,” she writes, “Bill went red in the face on almost daily conference calls trying to warn Brooklyn that Trump had a shrewd understanding of the angst that so many voters – his voters, the white working class whom Clinton brought back to the Democratic party in 1992 – were feeling.”

But Hillary Clinton failed to collect many of those voters, skipping their states as she made campaign stops and alienating some with her grouping of certain Trump supporters in a “basket of deplorables”, a line Chozick reports the candidate liked and deployed at big-ticket fundraisers from New York to Los Angeles.

“In the Hamptons, Hillary felt loved,” Chozick writes. Clinton, however, grew weary of hearing pollsters report on her lagging favorability.

“Oh what’s the point? They’re never going to like me,” she told a friend at one point, according to Chozick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bill Clinton would have won

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quote:

“Aides understood that in order to keep it all together onstage, Hillary sometimes needed to unleash on them in private,”

extremely normal, cool, and healthy behavior

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lock her up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

aravosis was the pundit who said he couldnt remember whether he was for or against invading iraq lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

you know how we say that jeb would have won if he'd just slugged trump at the second debate instead of being cucked?

quote:

“Aides understood that in order to keep it all together onstage, Hillary sometimes needed to unleash on them in private,” Chozick writes in Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns and One Intact Glass Ceiling. “‘You want authentic, here it is!’ she’d yelled in one prep session, followed by a gently caress-laced fusillade about what a ‘disgusting’ human being Trump was and how he didn’t deserve to even be in the arena.”

would hillary have won if she'd actually unloaded on trump?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

extremely normal, cool, and healthy behavior

extremely stockholm syndrome

wasnt this book supposed to be sympathetic towards hillary because all the bits that keep getting picked out and put in articles make her look absolutely awful

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

quote:

”Aides understood that in order to keep it all together onstage, Hillary sometimes needed to unleash on them in private,” Chozick writes in Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns and One Intact Glass Ceiling. “‘You want authentic, here it is!’ she’d yelled in one prep session, followed by a gently caress-laced fusillade about what a ‘disgusting’ human being Trump was and how he didn’t deserve to even be in the arena.”

If a recording of this had been released I believe that Hillary would have won

efb lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
love to be authentic in private and a lifeless mannequin in public and then scream at my employees

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the silver lining of the trump presidency is that her retarded rear end lost

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
oh my god change my name to gently caress-Laced Fusillade

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GalacticAcid posted:

love to be authentic in private and a lifeless mannequin in public and then scream at my employees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
IMagine being Robby Mook, seeing Trump existing, and thinking "the problem is showing too much anger"

• Locked thread