Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Aleph Null posted:

I'd watch a spin-off of his past exploits.

Edit: he's come a long way since Smallville.

I've never watched Smallville, was he/it really bad?

I'll third watching Detective The World’s First Murderer in a LA Noire spin-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It wasn't that he was a bad actor, it's just they really didn't give him much range to work with.

That episode where he bodyswapped with Lionel Luthor was god damned amazing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I'm catching up on this and wow what the gently caress Maze, did Halloween mean nothing :(

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm actually glad that for once they came out clean to someone, I was expecting Lucifer and Amenadiel to apologize for pranking her, she'd know something was still wrong and they'd milk tricia helfer being confused and paranoid for another season.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm catching up on this and wow what the gently caress Maze, did Halloween mean nothing :(

I know, right? If she wants to leave the show, there are better ways to write her out than having her burn literally every single bridge, then nuke the site from orbit.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Really into the Tricia Helfer plot, i really feel like the show needs to embrace the supernatural aspect a bit more than what it does. This was the first episode where i started skipping through the case/Lucifer&Chloe drama. Which isn't a very good sign, but i imagine it's about to pick up.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
This season is all over the place.

Also, Tricia Helfer's plot arc has been really good, and I hate to say thought it wasn't going to go anywhere.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Another 3 week break. US tv networks suck.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I hope they finally let him just loving show her the wings so they can get it over with and Cain can eat poo poo. Maze's heel-turn is rather unfortunate too given how drat fun she is as a character when used properly, too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda surprised they were even thinking it's her. Didn't the episode a few weeks back for the flashback say she couldn't kill anyone?

LOVED Tricia Helfer in this episode. She is not really well known as a dramatic actor but drat they are giving her some great material to work with and she is killing it.

Hating that 3 week break again though :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Helfer was one of the primary stars of the BSG reboot and while it was a decade ago her performance still holds up. (Better than Grace Park's anyways)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm kinda surprised they were even thinking it's her. Didn't the episode a few weeks back for the flashback say she couldn't kill anyone?

LOVED Tricia Helfer in this episode. She is not really well known as a dramatic actor but drat they are giving her some great material to work with and she is killing it.

Hating that 3 week break again though :argh:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

I think it was more specifically that if Lucifer did it some reeeeal bad poo poo would start happening. I could swear that Maze lost interest when she couldn't interrogate anything out of the Sinnerman and then Lucifer got really eager to give it a go and that's when she got antsy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, nope, I was mistaken. I flipped through the episode and she doesn't mention any particular reason she couldn't just kill anyone. Angels can't, but apparently demons are free reign types.

Kinda surprised Lucifer didn't just bust out the I CREATED YOU bit when she was going off on him. Maybe in this universe the demons aren't created by him?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kinda surprised Lucifer didn't just bust out the I CREATED YOU bit when she was going off on him. Maybe in this universe the demons aren't created by him?

From the comics so no clue how relevant it is here, but in the comics Maze is descended from Lilith.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zebulon posted:

I hope they finally let him just loving show her the wings so they can get it over with and Cain can eat poo poo. Maze's heel-turn is rather unfortunate too given how drat fun she is as a character when used properly, too.

What they gently caress are they doing with Maze? This is dumb. She had real character growth and development and now she suddenly remembers "oh yeah, I'm a demon and feelings are bad."

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Aleph Null posted:

What they gently caress are they doing with Maze? This is dumb. She had real character growth and development and now she suddenly remembers "oh yeah, I'm a demon and feelings are bad."

It's like when somebody starts liking somebody then gets scared about their feelings and push them away.

But you know, with demon stuff.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Did the actress who plays Chloe always have a forehead that was botoxed to hell and back? I can’t help but notice that it never moves—her brow never furrows, her eyebrows never arch—but I feel like it’s only been the past few episodes.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

KIT HAGS posted:

Did the actress who plays Chloe always have a forehead that was botoxed to hell and back? I can’t help but notice that it never moves—her brow never furrows, her eyebrows never arch—but I feel like it’s only been the past few episodes.

Who looks at Lauren German's forehead with those eyebrows?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
OH... poo poo. This week's episode is pretty good.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Yeah it's amazing how much better this show gets when it leans into its characters and the mythology more. I hope the writers take note and do more of that next season.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

Man, it's near the end of the season and the show finally gets its poo poo together. That was pretty good episode. Nice to see Lucifer's eyes glow when he was getting really pissed off like they did when he started to get his devil face.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Coyote Ugly posted:

Man, it's near the end of the season and the show finally gets its poo poo together. That was pretty good episode. Nice to see Lucifer's eyes glow when he was getting really pissed off like they did when he started to get his devil face.

This is the second time Lucifer has had the eyeglow this season. He also got it for just a moment when threatening Ella's brother.

Also yes, that was a damned good episode. Maybe the best of the season so far, though I still really liked the one with Linda's ex.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Back to form a little bit? Fingers crossed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Coked-out Lucifer rehashing plotlines from Bones was terrific.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonz posted:

A lot of cocaine would probably help the last few seasons.

Almost thought Lucifer was going to wing out in that interrogation room

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Did anyone check to see if that one guy Luci assailed was actually a guest star on an episode of Bones?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tarlibone posted:

Did anyone check to see if that one guy Luci assailed was actually a guest star on an episode of Bones?

He was, same one Lucifer referenced. S03E06, Intern in the Incinerator.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0727692/?ref_=tt_cl_t9

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KIT HAGS posted:

This is all I can see now and it feels at times like they've cut some scenes around her inability to move her eyebrows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Cain must have been a really lovely guy if in 5000 years he never did anything that was completely selfless before.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

10/10 new title.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Where in the hell are they going with the Cain/Chloe storyline?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're going to a place called milking a lot more episodes worth of drama.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

grack posted:

They're going on a very gentle stroll, meandering about the countryside.

I really, really want this show to move forward, and the only way I think that can happen is by getting Chloe in on the mystical stuff.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

"We've been dating for like 2 weeks and we already broke up once, let's totally get married sure!!!"

This show used to be so good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah, like last week.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

grack posted:

The lost in space writers bet the Lucifer writers that they couldn't produce a full season of TV based solely on the lyrics to "straight up" by Paula Abdul.

They lost

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Best line was Dr. Linda asking Lucifer "What do you truly desire?"

grack posted:

I thought when Pierce aka Cain lost his mark (and therefore the curse) he'd start aging really fast.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Binary Logic posted:

I thought when Pierce aka Cain lost his mark (and therefore the curse) he'd start aging really fast.
He still could, just not holy grail fast. Not that I expect this is where they're going with it, but it'd certainly be a way to introduce Chloe to the divine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He still could, just not holy grail fast. Not that I expect this is where they're going with it, but it'd certainly be a way to introduce Chloe to the divine.

At this point they have to be at least a season away from introducing Chloe to the supernatural. Let's be honest, if Lucifer showed her his wings at this point it'd basically be confirmation that the devil himself had been tormenting her for the last six months and there's no way it'd go forward.

It probably ends with things exactly as planned from both non-Lucifer teams. He'll get shown to be the Sinnerman and Maze will kill him and frame Lucifer for it, and the end of season cliffhanger will be Chloe walking in on Lucifer standing bloody over his body or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

There’s been.. maybe two good episodes this entire season. Show sucks tbqh.

• Locked thread