Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

There are also tons of spoilers out now since it premiered in full last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

And in Australia a few hours ago. It's all over the Internet.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Infinity War discussion in the future Infinity War thread, please. No untagged spoilers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Conal Cochran posted:

For me the weirdest things about Venom is that, in a time where every superhero movie is tied to a larger cinematic universe and meant to be part of a massive ongoing saga, Venom is just a movie. The trailer makes it look like a fairly generic sci-fi action film, but there's something charming in its quaintness. I look forward to casually going to see it one lazy afternoon or finding it in a bargain bin some time afterwards.

Yeah, it feels like one of those 80s Marvel movies when they were selling the rights for a dime to keep the lights on. That in itself could make it a bit interesting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GonSmithe posted:

Infinity War discussion in the future Infinity War thread, please. No untagged spoilers.

Thank you - I don't wanna loving read a THING. Going Sunday.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This is only the most tangentially related to Infinity War, but lol.

quote:

Some fans will be excited to know that the "Marvel Gaze" is in full force during Infinity War. Viewers are treated to multiple lingering shots and slow motion sequences of a shirtless Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pratt. None of the women in the Avengers (or the other men for that matter) get such longing looks from the camera. The Infinity Stones may be the most precious objects known to man, but Chris abs are not in short supply.

I love that gratuitous beefcakes and objectifying Chris' (Chrises?) has managed to become an integral part of the MCU cannon.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The MSJ posted:

We are the star of our own movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Mv98Gr5pY

We look pretty rad, yes?

edit:

It looks great! I'm actually digging how it's not bogged down with the rest of that shared universe BS, I just wanna see my boy going around killing people and breaking things

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is only the most tangentially related to Infinity War, but lol.

I love that gratuitous beefcakes and objectifying Chris' (Chrises?) has managed to become an integral part of the MCU cannon.

No Chris Evans bicep shots???

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Embrace your inner anti-hero" is the worst slogan of all time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Shneak posted:

"Embrace your inner anti-hero" is the worst slogan of all time.

Agreed.

I would venture to guess that a large percentage of the average movie going public has never even heard the term “anti-hero” before.

Should have just been “embrace your inner villain”

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Why is Tom Hardy doing his very best Mike Tyson impression?

Serf
May 5, 2011

embrace your inner byronic hero

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Mordiceius posted:

Agreed.

I would venture to guess that a large percentage of the average movie going public has never even heard the term “anti-hero” before.

Should have just been “embrace your inner villain”

Hell, “embrace your inner monster” would work just as well. The slogan they went with smacks of being committee’d to hell and back.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

AlternateAccount posted:

Why is Tom Hardy doing his very best Mike Tyson impression?

Shneak posted:

"Embraith your inner anti-hero"

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Venom looks badass. I'm gay for Tom Hardy. The voice of Venom is 100% perfect.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

In a perfect world Venom would have been released in 2005, so we could have gotten a tie-in music video of Tom Hardy walking around a warehouse trying to find Godsmack.

(rewatches trailer)

...Which still might happen.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Does the "associated with marvel" tag mean they are going to tease Spider-man at the end?

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
Why would Venom look like Spider-Man if Spider-Man isn't involved

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Firstborn posted:

Does the "associated with marvel" tag mean they are going to tease Spider-man at the end?

There have been rumors here and there that Tom Holland might cameo. I could see that being used as a bargaining chip for Sony allowing Spider-Man to show up in the MCU; you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/04/joss-whedon-wonder-woman-batgirl/

quote:

In his Variety interview, Whedon also addressed this particular backlash, saying he went back and re-read the script after hearing all the criticism.

“I don’t know which parts people didn’t like, but . . . I think it’s great,” he said. “People say that it’s not woke enough. I think they’re not looking at the big picture.”

Whedon did concede that he wasn’t “the most woke individual who ever lived at that time,” but said that he still strongly believes both the script and the characters within his Wonder Woman have “integrity.”

:allears:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Wasn't that the one where Wonder Woman is the suit itself and whenever Wonder Woman dies the suit immediately leaves her and crawls around and sticks itself to the first woman it finds and that person's the next Wonder Woman?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

Legion is bad. The flash season 1 is how a superhero show should be done

the flash is a show i watched with my friend just to see how bad it could get.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Joss Whedon is dumb as dogshit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"Embrace your inner Demon" is the obvious one. But I guess they had to somehow stress that Venom was a "-hero"

Looking at that Venom, I want Nic Cage Ghost Rider and Lobo to join up and have a rip roaring journey through space and hell. I suggest give Neveldine and Taylor a camera, get some actors who are excellent at hamming it up and going all out, then drop a metric poo poo ton of cocaine, and see what happens.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just want more of Nic Cage Ghost Rider really.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wanted a movie where Nic Cage is Johnny Blaze and either Sam Rockwell or Tom Cruise is Danny Ketch Ghost Rider. Johnny starts losing his mind and control of Ghost Rider, hamming it up. Danny is someone who is cooler and calm with a blue flame head and tries to help Johnny by taking him to Strange. The three then journey to the heart of Hell to find a cure to his madness and fight THE SATAN and in the end Nic Cage ends up King of Hell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still mad that Bendytoots is Doctor Strange and not Nic Cage.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

MonsieurChoc posted:

Agreed. Spirit of Vengeance was purestrain nonsense enjoyment, and I’m sad we probably won’t ever get a proper follow-up. I really dug how Neveldine/Taylor constructed his movement; the weird, jittery snake-like motions were an awesome may to make Ghost Rider really feel like some kind of otherworldly creature not bound by the normal rules of reality. Plus being able to “Riderize” anything he hopped on, which just opened up a whole wealth of future possibilities. It’s an underrated blast of a flick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Fart City posted:

Agreed. Spirit of Vengeance was purestrain nonsense enjoyment, and I’m sad we probably won’t ever get a proper follow-up. I really dug how Neveldine/Taylor constructed his movement; the weird, jittery snake-like motions were an awesome may to make Ghost Rider really feel like some kind of otherworldly creature not bound by the normal rules of reality. Plus being able to “Riderize” anything he hopped on, which just opened up a whole wealth of future possibilities. It’s an underrated blast of a flick.

I knew I was gonna love the movie the moment they did the cover of Wish you were here.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Fart City posted:

In a perfect world Venom would have been released in 2005, so we could have gotten a tie-in music video of Tom Hardy walking around a warehouse trying to find Godsmack.

(rewatches trailer)

...Which still might happen.

I can't stop laughing at this amazing post.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This is incredible, lol. What a loving buffoon.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is incredible, lol. What a loving buffoon.
I never really appreciated how high on his own farts Whedon is until now

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm still mad that Bendytoots is Doctor Strange and not Nic Cage.

He also played the sorcerer in Disney's live action The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie making him an even more natural fit for the role on top of being Nic Cage.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Neo Rasa posted:

Wasn't that the one where Wonder Woman is the suit itself and whenever Wonder Woman dies the suit immediately leaves her and crawls around and sticks itself to the first woman it finds and that person's the next Wonder Woman?

No, but I recall reading reviews of that script. Christ. I think it opened with Diana, described as a “dark-suited avenger of the night” or some poo poo, getting killed and passing on the suit to her secret daughter Donna Troy. Also, the villain was named Dr. Peter Sychopolous. Yes, Dr. Psycho.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Barry Convex posted:

No, but I recall reading reviews of that script. Christ. I think it opened with Diana, described as a “dark-suited avenger of the night” or some poo poo, getting killed and passing on the suit to her secret daughter Donna Troy. Also, the villain was named Dr. Peter Sychopolous. Yes, Dr. Psycho.

no no,

Dr. P. Sycho

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sycho v Acula: Dawn of Malpractice

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

He also played the sorcerer in Disney's live action The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie making him an even more natural fit for the role on top of being Nic Cage.

I remember liking that movie. Not great, but likeable.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a lot of movies where Nicholas Cage plays a magician.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now this Infinity War spoiler I can handle.

https://instagram.com/p/Bh5cZ4Tlfe0/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Fart City posted:

There have been rumors here and there that Tom Holland might cameo. I could see that being used as a bargaining chip for Sony allowing Spider-Man to show up in the MCU; you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.

Pretty sure Sony still have the rights to Spider-Man such that they could have him in their Venom film if they wanted to, just without any mention of anything else from the MCU