Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Knack 3 starts really slow but when you get to route C poo poo gets wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

knack 3 is just a battle royale game with only boat levels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Horizon 2 is gonna take a bunch of cool poo poo from GOW and be the best game of all time.

That's Chrono Trigger actually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mark cerny is a creepo looking bad game making genius and i cant wait for him to make my skin crawl announcing knack 3 baybe

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Has anyone had experience with Shareplay and local multiplayer games? Swords of Ditto (or any slow paced local multiplayer game) sounds like it'd be perfect for Shareplay, but... I haven't done any of that on my PS4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Playstation 4 has side vents. Don't block the sides

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This maybe isn't the place for this but, since both the game and TV IV threads are locked, did anybody else find The Fractured But Whole significantly less fun than Stick of Truth? I'm working through the early parts of the game and it feels like a slog, which kind of meshes with what South Park is at this point- tries too hard and is largely unfun.

I'm not a fan of the new combat system, either.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

This maybe isn't the place for this but, since both the game and TV IV threads are locked, did anybody else find The Fractured But Whole significantly less fun than Stick of Truth? I'm working through the early parts of the game and it feels like a slog, which kind of meshes with what South Park is at this point- tries too hard and is largely unfun.

I think it’s generally regard as a worse game than the stick of truth, but tat’s all i’ve heard. Never played any of them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anothergod posted:

Has anyone had experience with Shareplay and local multiplayer games? Swords of Ditto (or any slow paced local multiplayer game) sounds like it'd be perfect for Shareplay, but... I haven't done any of that on my PS4.

I played a bunch of edf that way and my pal in the same town as me didnt complain

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought it was ok but not nearly as good as the first game. The first had so many incredibly memorable and :stare: inducing moments (like the Canada sequence, the alien spaceship and fighting underpants gnomes under your parents loving and doing QTEs to dodge your dads balls) and this one just didn't have any of those.

I liked the idea of the new combat bit it didn't quite land with me. A sequel with a few tweaks and it'd be great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CBJSprague24 posted:

It has some individual okay ideas, but they don't mesh into a greater escalation of depravity the way Stick of Truth did so wonderfully. Learning who the mastermind is also guaranteed to kill any lingering interest in the already-meager arching plot. For those that are curious, but don't plan to play the game; It's Mitch Connor; ie Cartman just jerking around going "IT'S NOT ME, REAAALLY YOU GUYS!!!" for the final two-ish hours of the game.

Spalec posted:

I thought it was ok but not nearly as good as the first game. The first had so many incredibly memorable and :stare: inducing moments (like the Canada sequence, the alien spaceship and fighting underpants gnomes under your parents loving and doing QTEs to dodge your dads balls) and this one just didn't have any of those.

I liked the idea of the new combat bit it didn't quite land with me. A sequel with a few tweaks and it'd be great.

"LOW BRIIIDGE!" :stonk:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
By far one of my favorite features of GoW so far is them having a shop tab for me to pick up important poo poo I missed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

knack 3 is just a battle royale game with only boat levels

Also the boat is Knack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Capcom x Sega Playstation Humble Bundle coming today

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/save-big-with-the-capcom-x-sega-humble-bundle/

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NNick posted:

HZD is good but GoW is a legit masterpiece.

Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Horizon but GOW is another level.

Need a good GOW gang tag now lol. Kratos' Kool Klub?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Horizon 2 is gonna take a bunch of cool poo poo from Knack and be the best game of all time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joke's on them; I own all the games I want from that already! :shepspends:.

Incidentally, Binary Domain is really good and well worth getting if you own a PS3.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was listening to a podcast talk about God of War, and someone said that when you get to the boat everything changes, and I immediately thought of this thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Joke's on them; I own all the games I want from that already! :shepspends:.

Incidentally, Binary Domain is really good and well worth getting if you own a PS3.

Same tbh. It's a pretty good bundle though

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Oh god I'm buying all of this.

Edit: oh I misread and thought it was RE4, not the original RE, boo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This looks amazing, wow. I might actually pay the full amount here.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Horizon but GOW is another level.

Need a good GOW gang tag now lol. Kratos' Kool Klub?

Da Bloodstained Boyz

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Might have to grab that bundle just for Dead Rising and even that is just to hang out in the courtyard with the convicts and that sweet rear end theme song.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Might have to grab that bundle just for Dead Rising and even that is just to hang out in the courtyard with the convicts and that sweet rear end theme song.

HE AINT MY BOY BUT THE BROTHA IS HEAVY!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I love anytime the convicts get bringed up someone on the internet immediately quotes the lyrics. That song is so drat catchy.

Also it was like the calling of death when you heard that. I still remember the first time I heard it and all i see is a loving jeep with a minigun kililng me before I could do anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those fuckers get mini-chainsawed the second I see them. Or hear them anyway.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So there's this sort of post-game part of God of War where they want you to grind psuedo-randomly generated dungeons on a timer to get a special currency so you can open special chests to get special crafting mats. And if your first thought is "Wow that sounds awful" congratulations you've probably played a video game that had one or all of those aspects and it loving sucked.

Except in GoW, you can get an armor set that dramatically increases that timer with a minimum of grinding. And that armor set is one of the best in the game, so its not like you're sacrificing stats for the timer increase. And once you have that dramatic timer increase, you can collect thousands of the currency in one run without too much stress. Which means what initially looks like an awful grind is maybe a couple of hours tops and they're fun hours because, and I cannot emphasis this enough, the combat in this game will knock your tits clean off with how fun it is in the late game. And if that still sounds unbearable, no sweat mate, its pretty much only for a trophy and the bonus boss in this area isn't locked behind that grind at all.

GoW is so good. So, so good.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Super late to the party but I just picked up MGSV on sale. It's....interesting. Everything has this weird almost-but-not-quite metal gear vibe. I never thought I'd miss David hayter as Snake so much. Combined with the fact that Snake barely says anything, it feels like a tv show where they replaced one of the characters half way through and just hope nobody notices.

Also found it really funny how you're THE Big Boss, but you spend the first few hours getting bossed around and not saying anything about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new voice actor kind makes sense considering the tone and where the story goes, but yea it's weird and he almost never says anything. mgs5 is one of the most obviously unfinished games I've played in a long time

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Kratos' Kool Klub?

:whitewater:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I just fired up the Detroit demo and maybe I'm just a massive idiot but I still think that "Sony XDEV" is the most hilarious thing ever. I like the idea behind it, but the name is just so ridiculous. I mean, it's not wrong but it's gotta feel weird to be like "Yeah, I work at External Development Studio Europe". At least give the poor saps a real name!

e: I promise I know how to spell that name :(

abraxas fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 24, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last Detroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Oh god I'm buying all of this.

Edit: oh I misread and thought it was RE4, not the original RE, boo.

It's REmake though.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Will Spiderman be good?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The hero's name is Shamus.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

oh whoops, I'll edit the post. My excuse is that I'm German and never have to talk about that place ever!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Manatee Cannon posted:

the new voice actor kind makes sense considering the tone and where the story goes, but yea it's weird and he almost never says anything. mgs5 is one of the most obviously unfinished games I've played in a long time

it's so infuriating because the core gameplay is really good but the story is completely half-baked and the environment is too empty

I really wish there was a "create and share a mission" editor, all those side missions being go here, then here, find or kill someone or something seem like they would be easy to create

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of MGSV, I reinstalled it to see what it's like on the Pro. Am I right in thinking there's no way to totally restart the game without... deleting my save???

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ElwoodCuse posted:

it's so infuriating because the core gameplay is really good but the story is completely half-baked and the environment is too empty

I really wish there was a "create and share a mission" editor, all those side missions being go here, then here, find or kill someone or something seem like they would be easy to create

The free roaming is garbage, but the actual story missions have quite a lot going on with them and it really suits the open world style of the game. It's like when you just finish the mission the first time, and then you go back and discover a bunch of tasks that you had no idea were things you could do.

I feel like the one person who thinks the game couldn't be made as it is without open world. Backup, Back Down is the obvious one, but other missions like the one where you are intercepting people as they are being transported are others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Gravity Rush remastered is a cool 12 bucks now on the PS Store as part of the Golden Week sales, if you're like me and was waiting for a price drop.

Is picking up Yakuza Kiwami as part of the same sale (18 bucks) AND getting Yakuza 0 a good idea? If so, is there any order I should play them in?