Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Flavius Belisarius posted:

the idea of roasties should be the "it gets better" of inceldom, i don't know why they're so mad about it

it started with dudes being frustrated they couldn't get laid, but their brains have been 24/7 boiled in an ever-thickening soup of rage and misogyny for over half a decade now

now it's just about hating women and wanting absolute power over them in a grandiose and shared revenge fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Also it'd probably help if we stopped telling kids stories where the only way to be happy is through a relationship. In pop culture we've gotten away from the specific trope where the male protagonist gets a girl as a reward for his journey, which is good, although all the high profile incels right now were still kids when that was popular

Also this. It certainly warped idiot teenage, conservative-rural region dwelling me's views on how relationships and sexuality were done. I'm a bit scared to consider how much different things could have been for me had I found an online echo chamber instead of facing how full of poo poo I was and taking steps to correct it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pope Guilty posted:

It's more than that, they want status.

Intimacy is lower on Maslow's hierarchy than status so I think it's their primary concern. It would explain why so many of them say they wish they were women so they'd be wanted and cared for, even though women are lower-status than men

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Imagine going to a 19th century mining camp where everyone's prison gay because there aren't any women within 100 miles, and telling them that in over a hundred years there's going to be a whole movement of guys who can't get a girlfriend because everyone alienates themselves willingly.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine going to a 19th century mining camp where everyone's prison gay because there aren't any women within 100 miles, and telling them that in over a hundred years there's going to be a whole movement of guys who can't get a girlfriend because everyone alienates themselves willingly.

sure, but what if you also showed them anime, then they'd probably understand

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

McGlockenshire posted:

So I hopped over to 4chan to see what /pol/ and /r9k/ thought of the incel terror attack and it turns out that the entire site has been hosed for the past like eight hours for reasons that are not apparently clear.

What do the other alt-right havens think about the newly open war on Chads and Stacies?

If it follows previous patterns expect a mass of threads about how (((they))) shut down the site so that /pol/ couldn't work together to prove it a false flag

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Flavius Belisarius posted:

the idea of roasties should be the "it gets better" of inceldom, i don't know why they're so mad about it

they have given up, if they ever really tried at first

they are literally convinced you need to be 6'4 at least, model attractive (perfect facial symmetry, strong chin and jaw and probably other poo poo, the right caliper measurements or you're a craniumcel), ripped abs and the strength of Hercules with a 12 inch dick or you'll die a virgin. I would say you'd need to be funny, smart, and kind too but they don't seem to think personality matters and it's not hard to see why. and confidence is something that magically comes about when you look like the platonic Chad. fashion doesn't even enter into it

exercise else is 'lookmaxing' if you don't tick all the boxes. that's the blackpill - you can never improve yourself and no one will ever love you

they're all redeemable people but stuck in a place that reinforces this toxicity and they'll never get out of it if they don't leave

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Apr 24, 2018

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BurntCornMuffin posted:

We could be a society where entire communities get together in the square every night for wild orgies like our randy caveperson forebears and these guys still wouldn't get any.

Some of them are fuckable until they start talking. A giant orgy would probably get them laid.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

sure, but what if you also showed them anime, then they'd probably understand

19th century men would've intuitively understood the appeal of a child waifu who never ages.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

they are literally convinced you need to be 6'4 at least, model attractive (perfect facial symmetry, strong chin and jaw and probably other poo poo, the right caliper measurements or you're a craniumcel), ripped abs and the strength of Hercules with a 12 inch dick or you'll die a virgin. I would say you'd need to be funny and confident too but they don't seem to think personality matters and it's not hard to see why. and confidence is something that magically comes about when you look like the platonic Chad. fashion doesn't even enter into it

exercise else is 'lookmaxing' if you don't tick all the boxes

The weird part about the ones who don't think personality matters is that they have to be familiar with Elliott Rodger, who was handsome and rich but had a repellent personality

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ague Proof posted:

they are literally convinced you need to be 6'4 at least, model attractive (perfect facial symmetry, strong chin and jaw and probably other poo poo, the right caliper measurements or you're a craniumcel), ripped abs and the strength of Hercules with a 12 inch dick or you'll die a virgin. I would say you'd need to be funny, smart, and kind too but they don't seem to think personality matters and it's not hard to see why. and confidence is something that magically comes about when you look like the platonic Chad. fashion doesn't even enter into it

exercise else is 'lookmaxing' if you don't tick all the boxes. that's the blackpill - you can never improve yourself and no one will ever love you

they're all redeemable people but stuck in a place that reinforces this toxicity and they'll never get out of it if they don't leave

They think that because more often than not, it's their own standards that are too high.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They think that because more often than not, it's their own standards that are too high.

Aye, it's the same people who call any woman being over 120lbs a hambeast or whatever

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That goes back to the story thing also. Can you name a single modern myth where the male protagonist's love interest isn't just beautiful, but presented as the most beautiful woman in the narrative

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The weird part about the ones who don't think personality matters is that they have to be familiar with Elliott Rodger, who was handsome and rich but had a repellent personality

NoTimeForCucks posted:

My Mom Thinks Elliot Rodgers is Attractive

I showed my mom elliot rodgers im like "this is the guy im doing a report on in psychology class" (highschool). And im like "he was the Ila Vista shooter" and my moms like "wow why would he do a shooting? He's very attractive, seems like a nice guy" and I say "what. how?" and she's like "he could have been an abrocromhi and finch model, too bad he was so sick... in the head". He then mentions while my moms in the room he had a BNW and I'm like "haha he has the same car as you" and my mom went "he had a BMW as well? He must have had the girls all over him" and just the fact that she said something so ironic I had to show her "life is unfair because girls don't want me". My mom said "he couldn't get any girls? He's good looking, has a nice car, dresses nice, it must have been his nasty personality and disgusting thoughts"

So what's going on here. It's clearly bluepill but why would my mom who's just a femoid compliment the looks of Elliot Rodgers?

Deleted posted:

See how she used his looks to deny that he committed a crime? Ugly men automatically get blamed for all crimes. This is proof that lookism is real and that femoids are materialistic whores. Your own femom displayed her degeneracy. Note the first thoughts in her head. Report this incident to your dad, so he can discipline her with beatings.

NoTimeForCucks posted:

I thought the whole point of being blackpilled is the realization that being cringy/socially unaware doesn't matter because all that matters is looks.

And something is only cringy as long as it's an incel, Chad could do any "cringy" activity and it would seem cool.

NoTimeForCucks posted:

That's literal poo poo. I have a great personality yet they still hate me.

the thread

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

Aye, it's the same people who call any woman being over 120lbs a hambeast or whatever

There was some heinous post around the time of The Fappening that I still think about sometimes, where some dude was hating on Jennifer Lawrence because she was so hot in the leaked photos, but now her cheeks were too fat.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

NoTimeForCucks in that thread I linked said this when someone he was arguing with claimed they weren't an incel:

NoTimeForCucks posted:

I bet these girls were UGLY AS gently caress

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

And their platonic ideal of a Chad is hideously warped.

Their ideal image of masculinity is a chiseled square.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

4chan mindset

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

chitoryu12 posted:

are they making their eyes smaller?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

This is Bogdanof Face as Hell

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you expect from a group who popularized several memes that roughly parse to "I'm retarded."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Well those faces do look more masculine/handsome

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dressing 5min
Thinking about goals 3min
Conceptualizing a personal philosophy 2min
Posting about how I'm subhuman with my internet friends for lulz 5hr
Playing Videogames 6hr
Watching People Playing Videogames 4hr
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my manhood is dying

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Dressing 5min
Thinking about goals 3min
Conceptualizing a personal philosophy 2min
Posting about how I'm subhuman with my internet friends for lulz 5hr
Playing Videogames 6hr
Watching People Playing Videogames 4hr
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my manhood is dying

Spend less time dressing.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That goes back to the story thing also. Can you name a single modern myth where the male protagonist's love interest isn't just beautiful, but presented as the most beautiful woman in the narrative

And then you get genius thought leaders like Jordan Peterson, telling these risk factor kids “In fact the Hero’s Journey is how men have been able to accomplish everything in history, so better wear good walking shoes bucko”

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Not like you're going outside.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Jeb! Repetition posted:

My theory is that for a lot of incels it's not actually specifically about the sex. They want a relationship and sex is the synecdoche

They want masculinity that they don't have and have decided they can't ever have

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I, rothot

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

We could be a society where entire communities get together in the square every night for wild orgies like our randy caveperson forebears and these guys still wouldn't get any. Likely because they're either out self-sabotaging themselves because of their perception of :females: or at home on the Internet hating all the people who actually have sex and bragging about how pure and evolved they are despite holding onto the literal worst aspects of our caveperson forebears (authoritarianism, tribalism, sexism, etc).

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Also this. It certainly warped idiot teenage, conservative-rural region dwelling me's views on how relationships and sexuality were done. I'm a bit scared to consider how much different things could have been for me had I found an online echo chamber instead of facing how full of poo poo I was and taking steps to correct it.

If we did have a wild orgy society, incels would never exist. They didn't grow up in the wild orgy society, they grew up in the '80s/90s, in some lovely suburb. People are molded by their surroundings, changing a society is for the future, not for the present. Nobody can fix an incel besides themself, but we could prevent incels from developing.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Ague Proof posted:

are they making their eyes smaller?

:airquote:Predator eyes:airquote:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Jeb! Repetition posted:

But he was short and half-Asian, therefore unfuckable by ridiculous incel femoid standards

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hackbunny posted:

:airquote:Predator eyes:airquote:

just superb terminology with these guys

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

If we did have a wild orgy society, incels would never exist. They didn't grow up in the wild orgy society, they grew up in the '80s/90s, in some lovely suburb. People are molded by their surroundings, changing a society is for the future, not for the present. Nobody can fix an incel besides themself, but we could prevent incels from developing.

If incels were being dialectical then their political mission would be to resolve all of society's hosed up sexual pathologies, to prevent something like themselves from ever happening again - but instead because the culture is all so self-oriented they withdraw within themselves and it becomes part of their identity.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

pookel posted:

But he was short and half-Asian, therefore unfuckable by ridiculous incel femoid standards

Dennis Kucinich married an elf and the fuckers still think looks matter

I mean, they do, but only if you have literally nothing else to offer

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grimoire posted:

90% of these guys think Kucinich's wife is too tall.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If incels were being dialectical then their political mission would be to resolve all of society's hosed up sexual pathologies, to prevent something like themselves from ever happening again - but instead because the culture is all so self-oriented they withdraw within themselves and it becomes part of their identity.

Collectivism is bad

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A real nietzschean ubermench never lets anything go and fixates on sexual pathology to get the sort of steely dead-heart determination necessary for a high K/D ratio.

Sort of like Goku powering up except you think so hard about a girl scowling at your baby penis that you reach the fabled dark enlightenment.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grimoire posted:

Danny DeVito married and had kids. That's the sole data point you need to prove incels wrong about their :biotruths:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What i think these boys need is a strong leather daddy to lock them in the gimp box and tach them to find pleasure in their extreme self-loathing and shame. You know, like a normal person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

Incels != white supremacists necessarily. Unless the dude was a Canadian Nazi in addition to an incel?

Find one that’s not. Resentment and deep entitlement make those things run together. Also: find a nazi who’s not a no self-esteem womanhater.