Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

'accurately' boy he sure owned the libs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

JT Smiley posted:

Strange that he only called out basketball and not every single sport in existence. I wonder why that is?

His claim was that he was watching a basketball game at the time he made the tweet

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

zoux posted:

The rest of the world finding out about incels is going to be the worst thing that ever happened to them.

They can only be oppressed by their own stupidity for so long.

This is the best selfown the Incels have ever accomplished.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

jivjov posted:

His claim was that he was watching a basketball game at the time he made the tweet

I'm hedging my bets he wouldn't be nearly as offended by baseball or hockey players getting lippy. Might even cheer certain ones on.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Strange that he only called out basketball and not every single sport in existence. I wonder why that is?

It's because he's from Indiana and this was a response to the Pacers playoff game

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm hedging my bets he wouldn't be nearly as offended by baseball or hockey players getting lippy. Might even cheer certain ones on.

Yeah, if you aren't aware of how much poo poo talk refs in every sport get it means you know less about sports than I do. Which should automatically disqualify you from talking about sports. Ignoring the completely obvious racism angle it's a really dumb statement.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Refs are the punching bags in basically every sport and it's a big deal when one of them doesn't take any poo poo and actually makes players back off, without threatening to just eject them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, if you aren't aware of how much poo poo talk refs in every sport get it means you know less about sports than I do. Which should automatically disqualify you from talking about sports. Ignoring the completely obvious racism angle it's a really dumb statement.

I agree, but in the NBA it's genuinely been a national story this year, and they don't have pro baseball or hockey in Indiana. However, the state is also ground zero for "college basketball is superior because they play the right way" rhetoric.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skwirl posted:

I love watching uncut poo poo talking from the ice in NHL games, the back and forth with the refs rules.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My favorite is baseball managers impotently kicking dirt at Umpires.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Panfilo posted:

My favorite is baseball managers impotently kicking dirt at Umpires.

I like the bench clearing brawls. You have a game with very little athleticism but still rewards extreme athleticism so you have way too many players hyped up for a lovely job that they have to do like a million times before they even know if they have a chance at the playoffs, it's the perfect storm for random on field beefs.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

don't gently caress with nolan ryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3niGu9d_pY

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Lmao he owns Ventura like a dad wrestling around with his twelve year old son. What the hell was Ventura trying to do, tackle him? Because he SLOWLY jams his head up Ryan's armpit while Ryan obliges him and gets him into a headlock.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And it's always because of a pitch that goes wrong (intentionally or on accident). Defense never storms the stadium because someone hit a ball that hurt someone.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

A whole new meaning to "stealing base". Also :lol: what the gently caress.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

A whole new meaning to "stealing base". Also :lol: what the gently caress.

I would start going to an awful lot of baseball games if that happened frequently.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love watching uncut poo poo talking from the ice in NHL games, the back and forth with the refs rules.
Hockey is the best sport for a number of reasons. I imagine hockey refs have a thicker skin because at any moment they can become boxing refs.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mushika posted:

I would start going to an awful lot of baseball games if that happened frequently.
Me to. drat I love a good sports fight.

HaB posted:

Remember, the best way to appreciate Kanye on Twitter (if you just HAVE to) is to mentally add ", Liz Lemon!" to everything he says and pretend someone is quoting Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock.
"Never a master, always a student, Liz Lemon."
"And we danced to music Michael all morning, Liz Lemon!"
"To be great is to be misunderstood, Liz Lemon!"

You're right.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"I hate when I'm on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle, Liz Lemon!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"I make awesome decisions in bike stores, Liz Lemon!!!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://imgur.com/L8KgVRw

Posted by a very conservative but sweet older lady who's a friend of my family's. It amused me more than anything else, especially since many people over in the Trump thread are always hailing Satan when stuff happens.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/988835415883907072

Uh oh...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Bet you there'll be people claiming incel stands for something like intifada cell or infidel cell or I dunno something "muslim" (read: Arabic)-sounding.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I got to explain incels to my mom today.

Honestly, for Canadians using the Montreal massacre as a reference point is pretty useful.

No way was I going to try to explain Chads and Staceys though.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, you kept the best parts of the lore from her :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This group I'm in for regional events is becoming NextDoor. This is extremely typical of people who live in Canmore too. They also throw fits if trails get closed because of wildlife. It's really horrible that they're trying to prevent joggers from getting mauled by bears or trampled by moose, I guess.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Asiina posted:

"Normal people who don't have any defects."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

https://imgur.com/L8KgVRw

Posted by a very conservative but sweet older lady who's a friend of my family's. It amused me more than anything else, especially since many people over in the Trump thread are always hailing Satan when stuff happens.

Tell her it's a typo and they just love satin

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Man, you kept the best parts of the lore from her :(

I wish I didn't know it, why would I subject my own mother to such horrors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Asiina posted:

Honestly, for Canadians using the Montreal massacre as a reference point is pretty useful.

Men who are insanely angry because their severe personality disorders make women flee from them instinctively seems like a thing most women would understand, having dealt with it personally. The new information would be that they have internet clubs

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Men who are insanely angry because their severe personality disorders make women flee from them instinctively seems like a thing most women would understand, having dealt with it personally. The new information would be that they have internet clubs

It was more that these men have based their identity over the fact that they can't get laid and therefore hate women because of it. They define themselves by their misogyny.

The concepts aren't new, but finding out that some men have embraced it so thoroughly I think is the part that requires explanation.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Asiina posted:

Recently I had to explain to my sixty-year-old mother why there are a lot of angry straight boys who hate the new Star Wars movies and are going around telling everyone how terrible they are (it's because of the women and POCs and Star Wars is for Boys Only And No Girls Allowed! My mother was quite affronted, because she has always liked Star Wars, thank you). I'll have to see what happens if she asks me about incels.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Asiina posted:

Yup. Dude was basically Elliot Rodger minus the Youtube; superiority complex, self-loathing due to his mixed ethnicity, guy would have fit the incel label perfectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_L%C3%A9pine#Suicide_statement

quote:

Even if the Mad Killer epithet will be attributed to me by the media, I consider myself a rational erudite that only the arrival of the Grim Reaper has forced to take extreme acts. For why persevere to exist if it is only to please the government. Being rather backward-looking by nature (except for science), the feminists have always enraged me.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

Recently I had to explain to my sixty-year-old mother why there are a lot of angry straight boys who hate the new Star Wars movies and are going around telling everyone how terrible they are (it's because of the women and POCs and Star Wars is for Boys Only And No Girls Allowed! My mother was quite affronted, because she has always liked Star Wars, thank you). I'll have to see what happens if she asks me about incels.

She probably understands the concept of men who are so repellent no woman wants to have sex with them, being a woman who's had sex.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

good luck getting into college

https://twitter.com/TBraelynn/status/988222747221417985

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Skwirl posted:

I can't help but think that the break-up scene at the beginning of The Social Network was talking to every potential incel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlSkPA60ujQ&t=140s

"...you're going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an rear end in a top hat."

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Apr 24, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Part of me feels we shouldn't be blasting these kids and I'm glad social media didn't really exist when I was a highschool senior. But the other part of me feels"the worst poo poo I did in high school isn't even close to this level of racism, so gently caress 'em."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I can't help but think that the break-up scene at the beginning of The Social Network was talking about incels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlSkPA60ujQ&t=140s

"...you're going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an rear end in a top hat."

He's married with children.