Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
24 Hour Cinderella is the song I introduced my partner to the wild bullshit of Yakuza with first and so it's got a special place in my heart

I may or may not have played it full volume on Valentine's day when I walked in with gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

HebrewMagic posted:

24 Hour Cinderella is the song I introduced my partner to the wild bullshit of Yakuza with first and so it's got a special place in my heart

I may or may not have played it full volume on Valentine's day when I walked in with gifts

That's so cute!

I want that but with Majima's Get To The Top

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Anything is possible if you believe in Majima and/or yourself

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

eating only apples posted:

Doing that by accident as Saejima is one of my favourite Yakuza moments, so I'll give you that one. Like it's a poo poo song but the effort all the actors put into it is incredible (I can't remember who can't do it. Akiyama? Saejima is easily the best but I recall Shinada being hilarious at it too)

Machine Gun Kiss is really fun.

The "ichioku nioku hyakuoku" bit gets into my head almost as much as Bakamitai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfS3yjo7X0

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm on the Media King of Yakuza 0. I want to spend money on abilities, not these billion yen rear end buildings!!!:argh:

I assume owning the Media territory is gonna make money an afterthought, though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Shinjobi posted:

I'm on the Media King of Yakuza 0. I want to spend money on abilities, not these billion yen rear end buildings!!!:argh:

It's the 80s, baby, you gotta spend money to make money!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Sheesh I've asked the Sega guy to change the UFO Catcher like 20 times and still no Jumbo Chestnut. Wtf?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsCfyrQv_JE

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
As I was posting in the Y6 thread about the music in Y0, I realize I should come in here and say I beat Y0. Enjoyed it all the way through. Normally prequels aren't my thing but this is so well done and I'm glad that SEGA noticed the sales & fan reactions. It's a little strange reconciling the strong image of Majima in the series proper and this one where he's by turns a super classy cabaret manager and something indescribable in 24 Hour Cinderella, but it works. Highly, highly recommended.

Still can't get over how good the music is in Y0. Digging the stuff in Y6 but I'd say this is the peak in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y

They really build up Kuze (just as the music builds and builds) as this absolute badass (endgame) and the nods of how Kiryu eventually respects and then quietly emulates him in the epilogue and beyond are A+. I look forward to fighting him every time, and the music's a major part.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I cannot believe that Majima was in some way inspired by George Costanza

Do the Japanese understand Seinfeld totally differently. Is george their alpha male

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I cannot believe that Majima was in some way inspired by George Costanza

Do the Japanese understand Seinfeld totally differently. Is george their alpha male

It's western fan art.

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
Loneliness loop from Y5 is a loving beautiful song

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DrNutt posted:

Sheesh I've asked the Sega guy to change the UFO Catcher like 20 times and still no Jumbo Chestnut. Wtf?
This took me forever too for some reason, just keep trying is all I can say, It's suoer weird

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I started 6 yesterday, headed straight into a Karaoke and missed Rouge of Love and Judgement and was sad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm just before the point where I have my first confrontation with the gambling king, so I also went and unlocked the catfight club (thanks to those who confirmed that it wouldn't railroad me to the end of the chapter). I've also been working on the telephone club sidestories, just need one girl and two fakeouts (the non-sakuras) to finish that. Fortunately I got both the blue ones so I can hang up if they call in. Hoping to finish both of those tonight, next goal will probably be pocket racer since I'll need the property anyway for media king.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I know the Yakuza games save a ton of money via advertising, but the Rizap Gym minigame dialogue was a bit on-the-nose.
Are the Gains ever worth it? It seems like it gave barely any EXP at all.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

HellCopter posted:

I know the Yakuza games save a ton of money via advertising, but the Rizap Gym minigame dialogue was a bit on-the-nose.
Are the Gains ever worth it? It seems like it gave barely any EXP at all.

Sorta. Each routine empties your stomach so you can eat more, and you get a nice pile of XP after 12 sessions.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
https://twitter.com/marioguy2600/status/988820029964615680

:monocle:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Paul.....please tell me you're my friend now, Paul.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tayne-chaaaaaaan

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Spreading the word that Kiwami is on sale on PSN right now, AND there's a really good Playstation Humble Bundle on right now that comes with a 50% off code for Yakuza 0!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

every time Kiryu tries to fight him, he gets distracted because there's a kid in a wheelchair going off a cliff.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

every time Kiryu tries to fight him, he gets distracted because there's a kid in a wheelchair going off a cliff.

Lol

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I'd kill for a machinima of Kiryu doing the "OH poo poo... I'm okay" bit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

isk posted:

I'd kill for a machinima of Kiryu doing the "OH poo poo... I'm okay" bit.

Is there anyway to generate a Nude Goro?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

exploded mummy posted:

:five:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm playing through Saejima's dojo stuff in Yakuza 4 and trying to train this Makoto kid to win the tournament. The only problem is that he can't loving do it despite the fact his skills are maxed out, he just completely chokes whenever he gets in the ring and forgets everything I've taught him.

On my last attempt (on turn 45 because I needed to build up this idiot's trust) he didn't even make it past the first round and got his rear end handed to him by an old man who looks like Creed from The Office. :negative:

edit: Figures, right after I complain on the internet he just steamrolls the tournament and doesn't even have to use a finisher. It was like his AI switched itself from Easy to Legend all of a sudden.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 25, 2018

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Finally a worthy opponent for Ben "Captain, Omi Alliance" Affleck.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It's really sad that even when 6 made the food way, way more important, they didn't include those weird, detailed descriptions that they used to have for the booze but don't anymore.

Man, I loving miss those. Why did they take them out? I loved them!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It's really sad that even when 6 made the food way, way more important, they didn't include those weird, detailed descriptions that they used to have for the booze but don't anymore.

Man, I loving miss those. Why did they take them out? I loved them!

I always assumed those was a required part of the product placement or something, but I guess not now? I missed them too.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
In my dream world the Sega talks to Squenix and we get the highly detailed food that we saw in FFXV in Yakuza.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Morby posted:

In my dream world the Sega talks to Squenix and we get the highly detailed food that we saw in FFXV in Yakuza.

I have it on good authority that food is because the director of FFXV went AWOL for a good long time and the artists needed to work on something with their time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Isn't lovingly rendered food a universal constant across all Japanese games? I get hungry even playing Kirby.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Try playing Odin Sphere or Muramasa, Vanillaware loves gorgeously animated food.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Isn't lovingly rendered food a universal constant across all Japanese games? I get hungry even playing Kirby.

Western devs are catching up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are pocket racer parts gated by pocket racer progression or by chapter?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IcePhoenix posted:

Are pocket racer parts gated by pocket racer progression or by chapter?

Both I think

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hopefully what I can unlock is enough to get me through the friendship with Pocket Circuit Fighter so I can own the racetrack :shobon:

Finished Gambling King last night and unlocked Media King, immediately bought the most expensive property and am hoping to take him down tonight. That is probably a bit ambitious but I'm gonna dream big.

I also managed to get all the side stories from the telclub done, thank got that's over. I haven't done much of the activities you can do on dates for the three girls you meet from there so hopefully I can knock out some CP completion while building their meters as well.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

IcePhoenix posted:

Hopefully what I can unlock is enough to get me through the friendship with Pocket Circuit Fighter so I can own the racetrack :shobon:

Finished Gambling King last night and unlocked Media King, immediately bought the most expensive property and am hoping to take him down tonight. That is probably a bit ambitious but I'm gonna dream big.

I also managed to get all the side stories from the telclub done, thank got that's over. I haven't done much of the activities you can do on dates for the three girls you meet from there so hopefully I can knock out some CP completion while building their meters as well.

My tips for Pocket Circuit:
* Do it around chapter 7-8 when you have a steady stream of income from properties coming in.
* Unless you're really good at those mini-racers, there's good guides on the perfect build for each each.
* Don't boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GoneRampant posted:

My tips for Pocket Circuit:
* Do it around chapter 7-8 when you have a steady stream of income from properties coming in.
* Unless you're really good at those mini-racers, there's good guides on the perfect build for each each.
* Don't boost.

Thanks! I'm in chapter 6 but have defeated four of the five billionaires so I have a pretty steady income :) I'm definitely trying not to use guides for builds but we'll see how hard it gets (I think I've completed five, maybe six, races). And I always boost at the end of the race when it doesn't matter anymore