Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Seaside Loafer posted:

I want to be able to completely kill other groups and conquer the planet. Not sure if thats my borderline sociopath personality coming through there but id really like to exterminate the source of those bandit camps that keep popping up.

And make walls out of their bones that they pay for the construction of.

:stonklol: Found the Crossed goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ms Adequate posted:

:stonklol: Found the Crossed goon

new to this thread? goons play Rimworld as Crossed Simulator pretty often

e: we're all Horsecock

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 23, 2018

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I prefer to turn my enemies into compost to till my fields.

Once that’s done - which will take a long time - I’ll probably feed them to my hauling timber wolves (and hopefully hauling Utah raptors by then!)

In the past I’d capture every downed enemy and release those I didn’t need. With tribal raiders sending huge raids I simply don’t have the resources or spots to put them all someplace, so after a fight my two blood thirsty colonists get queued orders to murder everyone I don’t intend to recruit. They get SO HAPPY for three days after every raid, stacking both, “killed someone x5” (+21) and “saw someone die x5” (+12)

HelloSailorSign fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 23, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I have a tamed Thrumbo. His name is Fudd. He got tamed after I murdered him in the early game to try and get some dosh but he only got KO'd after tearing the arm off a guy. Said guy was the animal tamer and had since bonded with Fudd. Fudd instantly joined me after being mediced back up to life. Sadly he has some brain damage because he took s revolved to the noggin. He also had a scar on his eye from a knife and his horn is chipped.

He is still only 1/7 hauling trained because of his low low low percentage to get anything. Good news is though I got a mod that now let's my guy be a knight and ride Fudd into battle.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

new to this thread? goons play Rimworld as Crossed Simulator pretty often

e: we're all Horsecock

Oh not new at all, and I was also around for The Mermaid Bones Incident in DF, but Loafer just laid it out so starkly I was struck by it.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I have the RimGenetics mod, which lets you, through a convoluted process, turn dog-type corpses into leg speed implants. I also have a double population storyteller, so I do what any self respecting min-maxer would and raise a stable of labs and huskies. Fast forward to three years in and I have approximately 40 dogs, even after I've been periodically murdering 90% of the males. Well my lovely laptop starts chugging, so i decide to restrict them, puppies and all, to a 5x5 freezer next to my genetic workshop. Not wanting to be too cruel i set them all to be humanely slaughtered. Kia sets out to methodically go about this nasty business alone. That's when I found out that after witnessing X number of their comrades being slaughtered the dogs all booked it, exiting en masse out of my freezer in every cardinal direction. I was so amazed by this new behavior that I failed to notice one door being held open, which spoiled half my genetic vial stockpile.

But I had the last laugh, and every colonist for the foreseeable future will have wolf leg implants.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is there a mod that will keep dogs out of my ambrosia? I set my dogs to the Home area so they can help with hauling. I don't really mind if they eat my food out of my freezer. But ambrosia has a nutrition value of .2 so the dogs eat it.

I could make a new animal zone that's "Home" without the ambrosia freezer, but then I've got to micromanage that zone. Is there some mod with a container that animals can't get into, or a door I can lock so no animals can go through?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

FISHMANPET posted:

Is there a mod that will keep dogs out of my ambrosia? I set my dogs to the Home area so they can help with hauling. I don't really mind if they eat my food out of my freezer. But ambrosia has a nutrition value of .2 so the dogs eat it.

I could make a new animal zone that's "Home" without the ambrosia freezer, but then I've got to micromanage that zone. Is there some mod with a container that animals can't get into, or a door I can lock so no animals can go through?

It's easier to draw where you don't want your animals and then invert that zone. I'll let them be everywhere except where you don't want them. It takes seconds to do, so unless you're changing the storage warehouse constantly it shouldn't be hard or onerous to manage.

Don't let animals into your freezers at all, that's pretty gross.

Let them eat cobraflesh and alphabeaver kibble all they want, not the succulent elk flesh you've worked so hard to hunt.

Animals ain't got no mood bar.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I just use the mod Smarter Food Selection

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Is there a tool that helps with load order and checking for conflicts, like skyrim has? I've got an absurd number of mods installed and reordering the list by hand and making sure things aren't hosed up may be beyond me.

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 23, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want to play this game like minecraft, I'm digging in for the long haul, I'm making a town. This is our new "forever home". Zero interest even in the whole leaving the map aspect of the game too, it always seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

Really would love more content from the mindset that you're building a permanent home. I'd love to do poo poo on the overmap, but once again under the assumption that we're here to settle and make things less lovely. Give me more diplomacy options, let's form some federations, conquer some neighbours.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Baronjutter posted:

I want to play this game like minecraft, I'm digging in for the long haul, I'm making a town. This is our new "forever home". Zero interest even in the whole leaving the map aspect of the game too, it always seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

Really would love more content from the mindset that you're building a permanent home. I'd love to do poo poo on the overmap, but once again under the assumption that we're here to settle and make things less lovely. Give me more diplomacy options, let's form some federations, conquer some neighbours.
It is technically possible to eliminate all of the pirate settlements on the map, at which point raids from that faction will stop spawning. You'll still get mechanoid raids though.

This is one reason why you probably don't want to play 100% generated planet, since having to eliminate raiders on the other side of the world is a bit strange.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Is there a tool that helps with load order and checking for conflicts, like skyrim has? I've got an absurd number of mods installed and reordering the list by hand and making sure things aren't hosed up may be beyond me.

Not that I've found, but it's also way less complicated than Skyrim. For the most part you can just mash everything together and be fine. The mods that require certain orders will say so on their workshop page or in their documentation somewhere.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The modding community in this game has taken major steps to make it so easy to mod. It took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to make it so you can just slap any mod you want in pretty much willy-nilly.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Dinosauria is so good. A chef single handedly dragging a brachiosaurus to the kitchen to explode it into meat still hasn't gotten old.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I've been enjoying Dinosauria for the same reason. Disappointed that the Dinosauria animal armor mod isn't updated yet, buuuuuut the Genetic Rim armor mod is updated and has a Dinosauria patch, so I guess I can't have an armored T-Rex but I could have an armored T-Rex/bear hybrid?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

dylguy90 posted:

I've been enjoying Dinosauria for the same reason. Disappointed that the Dinosauria animal armor mod isn't updated yet, buuuuuut the Genetic Rim armor mod is updated and has a Dinosauria patch, so I guess I can't have an armored T-Rex but I could have an armored T-Rex/bear hybrid?
Looks like Animal Armor is abandoned, per its creator: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34487.msg358021#msg358021

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I use the road mod to build roads to the nearby friendly settlements, Rimquest to have the local traders bring me news of new things, Sparkling Worlds to add a few world missions (still GO HERE AND KILL OR GATHER OR BOTH), and build a massive fortified compound complete with steel security fence with interspersed concrete "tower" with embrasures and moats while inside, I build a nice hotel for guests (with a few dedicated entertainment/artist or specific crafting colonists who basically live in the hotel who rush off to welcome new guests) and a beautiful nursery/daycare area for kids as my colonists start making babies.

Also fission reactors and bionics.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Boy, I really need to grow more food and fewer drugs. That cold snap right before the growing season ended really screwed me.

At least there's a lot of game on this map, and my devilstrand harvests have gone well.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Because I hate success, I'm trying to do a tribal ice sheet start with almost nothing (350 wood, and, well, 4 other colonists worth of meat and leather and bone)

Doing it on land is actually pretty easy if you build around a geyser, all I have here is ice (which can be used for wall construction, Medieval Times) and a little bit of fishing (from Rainbeau's Bridges). No metal, no chunks, no heat, nothing to build traps from except bone :black101:

e: First priority is always some decorations :black101:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 24, 2018

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Shirec posted:

I think the creator of Rimworld is the type that doesn't believe in sales and has said there will never be one? Not 100% on that

he's a libertarian dickbag that doesn't get economics, so yeah.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he's a fun dude alright. Yall remember the sexuality statistics debacle and the ensuing battle with the gaming websites that very clearly and deliberately misreported on it?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

McGiggins posted:

Yeah he's a fun dude alright. Yall remember the sexuality statistics debacle and the ensuing battle with the gaming websites that very clearly and deliberately misreported on it?

Is there a summary upthread?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Heck yeah, I'd say thank you Great Cthulhu but we actually haven't managed to get into the cult stuff yet :cthulhu:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Anticheese posted:

Is there a summary upthread?

Probably, but i, and therefore you, can't be hosed to look for it.

Tldr; dudes couldn't be bi in this game (less than one percent chance or something), and the developer justified it as "i pulled the stats that the sexuality chance functions work on from real life sources! That means there ARE no bi dudes in real life" (an actual statement he made).

Some dumb chick ran a (i want to say rps article, but could easily and probably am, wrong) about how "fun indie game dev hates gays", he posted a whole bunch of evidence to show he had conversed with her and she had deliberately misconstrued what she "journalised" on.

Tldr;redux: tynans a dumb brain cuck, journalist is a case perfect example of why GamerGate is a good thing, all sides involved are awful, and the thread had the awesome title of Rimworld: No Mans Bi for the longest time.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

McGiggins posted:

Tldr;redux: tynans a dumb brain cuck, journalist is a case perfect example of why GamerGate is a good thing

so how often do you post in r/mensrights

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

This is why we don't talk about that anymore. Just let Tynan be wrong in peace until he starts donating to the GOP like Papa John's or something

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

McGiggins posted:

dumb chick
dumb brain cuck
GamerGate is a good thing

Great post! Thanks for contributing. :getout:

e: for context I'm a bisexual dude myself and while the whole debacle was stupid and embarrassing as hell to watch, it ultimately seemed like it was just a case of a mildly crappy reporter doing mildly crappy journalism on a mildly crappy game dev and then a shitload of very crappy people trying to use the resulting article as an excuse to trot out their very crappy talking points. It was ridiculous and bad and we should avoid revisiting it.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 24, 2018

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Farecoal posted:

so how often do you post in r/mensrights

Literally never, as i don't have a reddit account nor do i forums post at all anywhere in any fashion outside of sa!

Thanks for posting as well! You seem to be mildly upset about my post, which essentially is the exact same thing you posted!

As a bi dude as well (thus canceling out your "my opinion is more valid because im more affected by it than others!!"), i also think the whole thing was dumb, but worth a mention to the new folks who don't get the contextual history of some things previously loled over in this, a games thread in a comedy forum relating to a game that had comedy happen relating to it!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Wasn't there a thread rule about not arguing about this stupid crap? I want to talk about why my colonists named a golden retriever "Godlessness" instead.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You post about the retriever, but actually do not post about the retriever or your theories about why it may be named as such.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Get a room

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

But be sure to share a double bed, otherwise you might have a mental break because of the barracks negative moodlet.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

HelloSailorSign posted:

But be sure to share a double bed, otherwise you might have a mental break because of the barracks negative moodlet.
On that note the game considers "hot bunking" as a form of room sharing. That is, put one colonist on the night shift and another on the day shift, assign them both the same double bed, and they'll be mad because they have to share a room and sleep with eachother - even if they never actually do.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

To be fair I'd still be miffed someone else was sleeping in my bed. I bet they'd leave crumbs.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Cup Runneth Over posted:

To be fair I'd still be miffed someone else was sleeping in my bed. I bet they'd leave crumbs.
Are you the largest or smallest in a family of bears by chance?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

So I was browsing the Rimworld subreddit and saw a mention of Rimjob World and uh that's one... interesting... mod to say the least.

It's one of those things they should probably attach to a notification of the local authorities on download.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

McGiggins posted:

Some dumb chick ran a (i want to say rps article, but could easily and probably am, wrong) about how "fun indie game dev hates gays",
Not talking about this at all is probably the best idea, but I nevertheless feel the need to point out that the original offending article was perfectly reasonable and fair outlining of the dumb gender issues that were in the game at the time. I know we collectively can't really handle a discussion on this subject, so I'll leave it there, but regardless of how you feel it's important to remember things accurately.

Also Tynan did eventually back off and essentially concede the point.

No one in the scenario was as stupid as you portray them.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Eiba posted:

Not talking about this at all is probably the best idea, but I nevertheless feel the need to point out that the original offending article was perfectly reasonable and fair outlining of the dumb gender issues that were in the game at the time. I know we collectively can't really handle a discussion on this subject, so I'll leave it there, but regardless of how you feel it's important to remember things accurately.

Also Tynan did eventually back off and essentially concede the point.

No one in the scenario was as stupid as you portray them.

I skipped over the whole controversy back when it happened but this is actually a really interesting read, particularly the replies. Tynan's initial comment is a hilarious overreaction and I'm glad he comes to his senses a bit later in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The previous thread title was so goddamn timely and good (No Man's Bi)