Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Gravity Rush remastered is a cool 12 bucks now on the PS Store as part of the Golden Week sales, if you're like me and was waiting for a price drop.

Is picking up Yakuza Kiwami as part of the same sale (18 bucks) AND getting Yakuza 0 a good idea? If so, is there any order I should play them in?

Hell yeah. Play Y0 then Kiwami, Y0 is a great entry point and they added stuff in the remake referencing Y0. Y0 was my first Yakuza game and I'm playing Kiwami now and i'm hooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Jetski section is unforgiveable

:lol: you can literally blindfire that entire section

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's ... so...
hideous

:negative:

Jesus.

Came for ugly console, stayed for terrible setup.

haveblue posted:

Da Bloodstained Boyz

But Bloodstained is dat Iga game

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm thinking about using my 20% discount code on FFXV Royal Edition since it's on sale this week. Is the base game itself worth the price, as well as all the season pass content?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BisterdDave posted:

I'm thinking about using my 20% discount code on FFXV Royal Edition since it's on sale this week. Is the base game itself worth the price, as well as all the season pass content?

Yeah it's a good game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BisterdDave posted:

Without question. The base game alone will last you eons if you get into it. And I personally think it's a very fun game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I paid full price for the base game around launch and I felt it was well worth it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FFXV is very good even without the expansions plus you get all the stuff they added to the base game because they were pretty much forced to launch it unfinished.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Also found it really funny how you're THE Big Boss, but you spend the first few hours getting bossed around and not saying anything about it.

Oh, you sweet child

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
That Humble Bundle is live now: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn

The only thing I'm really interested in is Alien Isolation, but I'm also a huge wuss and get scared by horror games. The rest of the PS4 games are remasters, and ehhh

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

blackguy32 posted:

I feel like the one person who thinks the game couldn't be made as it is without open world. Backup, Back Down is the obvious one, but other missions like the one where you are intercepting people as they are being transported are others.

I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much without the opportunity to just go do something else, and stumble into other things to do. There are sections of terrain that are obviously meant to guide and restrict you so it wouldn't work as a just cause sort of open world. The only thing I really wanted after beating MGSV (until Kojima left) was the other games remade in the engine, didn't really expect a clean resolution since the entire game exists to fill in a plot hole.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Super late to the party but I just picked up MGSV on sale. It's....interesting. Everything has this weird almost-but-not-quite metal gear vibe. I never thought I'd miss David hayter as Snake so much. Combined with the fact that Snake barely says anything, it feels like a tv show where they replaced one of the characters half way through and just hope nobody notices.

Also found it really funny how you're THE Big Boss, but you spend the first few hours getting bossed around and not saying anything about it.

I would not watch or read anything about MGSV if you can avoid it!!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Counterpoint: you can't spoil what's not there!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why are the himble bundles for PS4 always NA? They could surely just go region free. Luckily I don't care for any of those games but it is still stupid.

And yes, I know I can make a profile but I like all my games on 1 main profile

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hopper posted:

Why are the himble bundles for PS4 always NA? They could surely just go region free. Luckily I don't care for any of those games but it is still stupid.

Licensing I guess.

FWIW if you download them on the profile they're redeemed under you can still play them just fine on your regular one. I've got games from 3 different regions and I only ever play them on my normal U.K. account.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hopper posted:

What this guy said.

2018 and we're still doing region restrictive crap requiring multiple accounts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've bought games from a different region only once because it was such a pain in the balls getting PSN credit bought and loaded.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Just finished dad of war story and every side quest I came across. Still got four Valkyrie quests and the two optional side realms to do.

What a phenomenal game. Doesn't quite knock Witcher 3 off of my personal list of ps4 favourites but drat it was good.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 24, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
$15 for a few remasters plus coupons to other games seems like a good deal to me.

Edit: coupons expire June 8, dang.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 24, 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just finished dad of war story and every side quest I came

What a phenomenal game. Doesn't quite knock Witcher 3 off of my personal list of ps4 favourites but drat it was good.

Fix yer drat tags!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I have yakuza 6 and God of dad.

I'm that meme looking over my shoulder no matter which one I play.

It's the most 1st world of problems.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bardeh posted:

That Humble Bundle is live now: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn

The only thing I'm really interested in is Alien Isolation, but I'm also a huge wuss and get scared by horror games. The rest of the PS4 games are remasters, and ehhh

It’s worth it to beat the average of 11.53 and save 30 bucks off Yakuza 0 and also get some other stuff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fix yer drat tags!

Knowing that there are side quests in God of War (2018, PS4) has ruined it for me. Might as well not play it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Knowing that there are side quests in God of War (2018, PS4) has ruined it for me. Might as well not play it.

you even need a boat to access some of them.

my favorite little thing in GoW is that there's a toggle for turning of button mash QTEs and just making you hold a button instead. nice!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Attitude Indicator posted:

you even need a boat to access some of them.

my favorite little thing in GoW is that there's a toggle for turning of button mash QTEs and just making you hold a button instead. nice!

Holy poo poo goty

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GoW is extremely fair all around and caters to however you want to experience the game. It’s a very refreshing approach. It never holds your hand but also never insults the player or tries to waste your time for the sake of the “real experience”.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Well, except the stupid nornir chests.
But yes, it has good settings. You can change button layouts, customize the HUD, sound settings, gameplay, etc. All fairly common stuff for AAA games, but I think it still is one of those things that get overlooked a lot. Maybe i'm a weirdo who cares about that, but if you expect me to spend tens of hours on your game you should throw in some options so i can tailor it a bit to my liking and comfort.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Burnout Paradise Remastered is on sale, so I bought it. Should you buy it if you have a PC that run that version? Probably not. The remaster does include all of Paradise's DLC, which you can't get on PC, but the remaster is half-assed. It's just an up-res, and a different color filter on base PS4. Zero quality-of-life tweaks were made, not even fast travel to a garage.

Paradise holds up well. I appreciate the depth of the world more now, given the technical constraints of open-world games a decade ago. And the multiplayer loop when you have a good lobby, going from event to event, is still so much fun.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredCriminalIcefish.mp4

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoughtfulSophisticatedAmericanmarten.mp4

Still I'm sad after finishing Paradise, because there won't be another game like it. Arcade racers are on life support, and Criterion has been gutted into an EA support studio.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

I think FFXV sucks and you should get a different JRPG instead. The story's a mess and requires you to watch movies to get important plot points, the characters barely have any personality and the combat is only serviceable to annoying.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fix yer drat tags!

Sorry. Minor spoilers for side quests at least.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I bought a PS Pro and am selling my old PS4 to a friend, we are attempting to swap the hard drives and I know that I have download the new install OS file but when we try to use it on the drive that came from the new PS Pro in the old system it says it can’t find an update file 5.53 or newer. Do you guys have any experience or suggestions with this?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah, FFXV is a lot of fun, and the new content ranges from 'pretty okay' to 'really good'.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s worth it to beat the average of 11.53 and save 30 bucks off Yakuza 0 and also get some other stuff.

Yakuza 0 only costs 30$ physical over here. I paid 26€ last week so if you are in the EU ymmv on those coupons..

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

GoW is extremely fair all around and caters to however you want to experience the game. It’s a very refreshing approach. It never holds your hand but also never insults the player or tries to waste your time for the sake of the “real experience”.

I was thinking since the beginning "drat these controls are almost the same as dark souls I wish I could swap x and o." Didn't even bother to check until 20 hours in, and sure enough you can just play with Dark Souls controls. Wish I had thought to check before getting used to x as dodge.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

So I bought a PS Pro and am selling my old PS4 to a friend, we are attempting to swap the hard drives and I know that I have download the new install OS file but when we try to use it on the drive that came from the new PS Pro in the old system it says it can’t find an update file 5.53 or newer. Do you guys have any experience or suggestions with this?
Meaning you have the newest firmware on a USB stick that you downloaded on a PC and you're trying to use it to set up the PS4?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I was thinking since the beginning "drat these controls are almost the same as dark souls I wish I could swap x and o." Didn't even bother to check until 20 hours in, and sure enough you can just play with Dark Souls controls. Wish I had thought to check before getting used to x as dodge.

:aaa:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

veni veni veni posted:

Need a good GOW gang tag now lol.

Dads of War? Dads of BOY?

We def need a tag, though. Which reminds me I need to add the NieR tag next time I update my av.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

Holy hell yes! I'm not too far in, but I keep involuntarily pressing O to dodge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gow question:
I found the musphalheim arena with the giant talking sword

Worth doing right away or should i wait til im buff as hell? Id like to clear it all in one go when i do it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:lol: you can literally blindfire that entire section

Its not hard it just controls like absolute poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That humble bundle looks greaaaat.