Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shoombo posted:

Waffle House loving rules and IHOP is bullshit

Truth. Plus every time I eat at IHOP I get intestinal distress, it's never happened from eating Waffle House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shoombo posted:

Waffle House loving rules and IHOP is bullshit
__________/

really, both are fine just different

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
I couldn't tell the difference between this thread and the Atlanta thread for the past two pages.

(Also lmao at anyone who doesn't get their hashbrowns done all the way)

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
The thing about Waffle House is, since they’re everywhere and open all the time, they actually get B-list celebrities pretty frequently. Arena catering wants to shut down as soon as possible after last call to prevent wasting food (and because they’ve been there all day and want to go home), so they either pay for their own catering, or they go to the nearest Waffle House. So, they might not need to make high-quality food, but they need to make food that’s acceptable to pretty much everyone.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Double Punctuation posted:

The thing about Waffle House is, since they’re everywhere and open all the time, they actually get B-list celebrities pretty frequently. Arena catering wants to shut down as soon as possible after last call to prevent wasting food (and because they’ve been there all day and want to go home), so they either pay for their own catering, or they go to the nearest Waffle House. So, they might not need to make high-quality food, but they need to make food that’s acceptable to pretty much everyone.

Your mileage may vary, of course; expect lower quality (and intestinal distress) from the one tucked behind a gas station off the interstate.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Best Waffle House: Find an hourly and/or weekly motel. Locate the nearest Waffle House. You have arrived at your destination.

I lived in a Motel 6 for months and worked at the Waffle House next door, I know all their filthy secrets. Don't eat the t-bone. For that matter I did the pancake slinging at IHOP too, but I do not remember that time and I consider it a blessing.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Apr 24, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fizzymercy posted:

Don't eat the t-bone.

Not that I ever would have remotely considered it, but why not?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I am legally obligated to post this for Waffle House Chat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1cfwFmv1w

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bloop posted:

Not that I ever would have remotely considered it, but why not?

It's pretty hard.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

I am legally obligated to post this for Waffle House Chat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1cfwFmv1w

lol

"I've seen a gun 5 times in my life. 3 of those were at Waffle House."

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The t-bone is stiff and awful chewy, just like dishboy's dick. Also it sat in the lowboy that doesn't keep temp for fifteen hours, it's been in the walk-in defrosting since March and was frozen sometime in 1998 under a full moon.

People die at the Waffle House.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Apr 24, 2018

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You Americans and your fast food tribalism. :allears:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's all garbage that gives you the diabeetus anyway.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

spankmeister posted:

in my home town there was a street with an IHOP and a Waffle House on either side of it. I always imagined that late at night drunken mobs would emerge from their respective restaurants to do battle in the street with weaponry scavenged from the dining rooms and kitchens.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

in my home town there was a street with an IHOP and a Waffle House on either side of it. I always imagined that late at night drunken mobs would emerge from their respective restaurants to do battle in the street with weaponry scavenged from the dining rooms and kitchens.

Their respective brawls spilling outside and merging.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

Neither IHOP nor Waffle House are fast food

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Neither IHOP nor Waffle House are fast food

Fine. Chain restaurant tribalism.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

Then the next day people would go back to work as of nothing happened, covered in waffle-patterned bruises.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

spankmeister posted:

You Americans and your ... tribalism. :allears:
uh that's pretty much america 101

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Elizabethan Error posted:

uh that's pretty much america 101

TBF for the first few hundred years the USA was pretty anti-tribal.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
To distract from where that is going, I ate sardine potato salad for lunch and I just farted a mushroom cloud of pure fish hate! Talk about that instead, it will get less noxious.

Edit: Just chased that salad with three hot pints of Steel Reserve and a jar of jalapeno olives. I AM GOD of farts.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Apr 24, 2018

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Related to chain breakfast food-

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

fizzymercy posted:

To distract from where that is going, I ate sardine potato salad for lunch and I just farted a mushroom cloud of pure fish hate! Talk about that instead, it will get less noxious.

Edit: Just chased that salad with three hot pints of Steel Reserve and a jar of jalapeno olives. I AM GOD of farts.

:tinfoil: I'm no joke eating potato salad and drinking Steely's slightly classier cousin, Icehouse Edge, right now.

[checks cupboard] ...aaaand I've got a tin of Beach Cliff in hot sauce I've been saving for a rainy day.

Fizzy and I are going to combine like the Constructicons to form Devastator, the most powerful fartbot

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SandwichAnarchist made me post part of today’s dinner.

They’re actually German frankfurters with truffle hot sauce.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

JacquelineDempsey posted:

:tinfoil: I'm no joke eating potato salad and drinking Steely's slightly classier cousin, Icehouse Edge, right now.

[checks cupboard] ...aaaand I've got a tin of Beach Cliff in hot sauce I've been saving for a rainy day.

Fizzy and I are going to combine like the Constructicons to form Devastator, the most powerful fartbot

The best Constructicon of all: Mixmaxter Fishcavenger: Destructicon of High Tides.

(I probably have that wronger than the Steel and Dragon Fruit Mad Dog sparkling bumspritzer I just made.)

e:

You drink wrong.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Apr 25, 2018

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

darthbob88 posted:

Related to chain breakfast food-

Sadly accurate. Ended up at Denny's a few weeks ago with some friends from work. We're all bartenders, so it was about 4am when we clocked out and left, and we were all kinda hungry. One of the guys was really insistent about going to a particular Denny's a few miles away, even though IHOP was way closer and way better. Turns out, pretty much the entire staff knew him there and the server was putting in his order before we even sat down. Pretty sure my friend even knew the cops on duty there, because of course there are cops on duty at Denny's at 4am.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chitoryu12 posted:

looks like sad ketchup though. :smithfrog:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

People die at the Waffle House.

Too soon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shrapnig posted:

Too soon.

:wrong:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

:agreed:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Natto is fine, you just have to be in the mood for it, like bleu cheese.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/miblogestublog/status/989278608756703233

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I was going to say, how is that not just a wide flat burrito, but then they started listing the fillings... What the gently caress? That's not anything!?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

chitoryu12 posted:

cursed image

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Some days I regret losing the ability to eat red meat or fatty dairy. Others, it's a comfort.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

:randstare::randpop:
Would

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Why not just call it fry sauce?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Eh I'd try it, although I prefer mixing my own(usually with some mustard and/or a little relish mixed in as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

.Z. posted:

Why not just call it fry sauce?

Golf sauce in Argentina