Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CitizenZ ..... saying he is glad he never backed

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mario death mask posted:

Every once in a while I have the realization that it's not the current state of the game that infuriates me (it amuses me) but rather the intended state of the game. Paying multiple hundreds of actual money dollars to buy a new digital ship after your previous one was blown up legitimately is supposed to be de rigueur :psypop: You're supposed to be okay with that. This and the ship timer and insurance mechanics are so diametrically opposed to the concept of fun that it beggars belief. This isn't a game, it's a masochism immersion simulator.

And I hate how the Constellation ship is nicknamed the "Connie" as if it were, you know, an actual thing that existed for so long that it befits a nickname.

It's always amused me that even if everything was perfect and the citizens got exactly the game they wanted, it would still be a heap of poo poo

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Clearly this pleb should upgrade

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Neltharak posted:

Clearly this pleb should upgrade

His piece of poo poo rig probably only has like two, three fans in it

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

Counter, counter point.

It's such a shame when people post the anime's. Don't they know that the Beets doesn't likes thems?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

It's such a shame when people post the anime's. Don't they know that the Beets doesn't likes thems?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone who posts anime after this point catches a sixer.

:goonsay:

I'm the one that hates memes :grin:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Beet Wagon posted:

And fun, according to AP anyway.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Post some new Kayak pictures your oval office!

We all voted for that doggo as best doggo on Something Awful and now you keep him from us!

You deserve a sixer yourself!

Free Kayak jpegs!

(Thanks in advance)

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Peter.Quint posted:

Yo Derek,

without sarcasm, hope you're well, warlord.

This place needs more Derek, needs you back.

Just got to stop doxxing people, bro.

Indeed. I miss Derek, even if he did chafe sensibilities (and common sense) when hyperfixating on Führer Crobär (Crobärenführer?) and letting that Usenet sass come out. I really should hunt down that his discord..

On a warlord related note, I found this on a search for images of a more youthful Derek:

2003. drat I feel old.

Welp, replace Derek with Chris (and the #2 with a #1) and this article can get run again in 2019!

But, drat... At least OUR demagogue is photogenic :syoon:

Derek Smart, PhD: 2014-2018
He still hasn't finished...
:five::five::five::gary::yarg::perfect:
(<3 Derek, you glorious mad bastard)

Also: Write more blogs, Derek. I actually enjoy your writing from a professional standpoint :shobon:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kosumo posted:

Post some new Kayak pictures your oval office!

We all voted for that doggo as best doggo on Something Awful and now you keep him from us!

You deserve a sixer yourself!

Free Kayak jpegs!

(Thanks in advance)

rude

but also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksu38zSlhbU

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

*Zest.exe has stopped working due to cute doggo buffer overload*
*initiating crash dump*
:syoon::syoon::syoon:

Realtalk: Kayak and bad (exploitable) photoshops of Crobärenführer are the meat that sustains this thread.

C'mon CIG, do something stupid or funny
(we all know it will be both :gary:)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zest posted:

bad photoshops

In honor of Battletech launching, please enjoy this bad photoshop of a "Ryan Archer"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Zest posted:

Indeed. I miss Derek, even if he did chafe sensibilities (and common sense) when hyperfixating on Führer Crobär (Crobärenführer?) and letting that Usenet sass come out. I really should hunt down that his discord..

On a warlord related note, I found this on a search for images of a more youthful Derek:

2003. drat I feel old.

Welp, replace Derek with Chris (and the #2 with a #1) and this article can get run again in 2019!

But, drat... At least OUR demagogue is photogenic :syoon:

Derek Smart, PhD: 2014-2018
He still hasn't finished...
:five::five::five::gary::yarg::perfect:
(<3 Derek, you glorious mad bastard)

Also: Write more blogs, Derek. I actually enjoy your writing from a professional standpoint :shobon:

RIP in peace homie!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
When it reaches a playable state we can call it Kerbo's Dream Land.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/988953615976009728

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

The funny this in because the development cycle has and will continue to drag on forever, compared to released games it looks worse and worse while still running like garbage.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'll give it to Herpderp, this line was pretty good lol:

"from wing commander: the sequel: 2014 edition" to "freelancer: the MMO, maybe never edition".

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

That sucks if true

Mostly because it means cig can just put 'do not sue lol' and the court will uphold it for some stupid loving reason?

Like if chris posts a video of himself making GBS threads all over a pile of backer funds and then burning it while screaming hahaha gently caress you nerds I got mine

The courts would do nothing because of a clause in their world renowned iron clad tos ?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

That sucks if true

Mostly because it means cig can just put 'do not sue lol' and the court will uphold it for some stupid loving reason?

His case was essentially that he was butthurt and wanted damages to heal his sore rear end. He took the whole saga way too personally and Bransoned/Dereked himself.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

That sucks if true

Like if chris posts a video of himself making GBS threads all over a pile of backer funds and then burning it while screaming hahaha gently caress you nerds I got mine

The courts would do nothing because of a clause in their world renowned iron clad tos ?

Unless our fearless hero Streetroller decided to do a YouTube Video: Part Duex: Swisher Sweet Directors Cut Edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJy7yz4Iehs

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Blue On Blue posted:

No captain Richard is the one with the desktop background that is an underage girl splayed out suggestively casually playing a game in her space ship, with barely covered bits

Not sure what it is with the SC crowd that attracts the beardos

The year is 2072. Beneath smog-choked skies water wars rage, the most downloaded file on Star Citizen Nexus is LittleSisterCoPilot.rar, and justice is dispensed from the barrel of a gun.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

“Come hang in Spectrum for the mellower experience you can count on thanks to dissenter purgers and thread locking.”

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
The bears need to framed and memorialized. Is there a version of the bears playing cards, by chance?

Oh and Free Derek!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blue On Blue posted:

That sucks if true

It was a long shot on the basis that they may not just turn up to defend and you get the lulz.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Not saying it wasn't funny, and you aren't clever. But damnit now I've got that in my rap sheet.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Drunk Theory posted:

Not saying it wasn't funny, and you aren't clever. But damnit now I've got that in my rap sheet.

I mean, you did ask for a hosed up mannequin

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Thoatse posted:

I mean, you did ask for a hosed up mannequin

I know...stupid monkey's paw.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

TheAgent posted:

god of dad is amazing in every way

probably what I'd consider the first console exclusive this gen worth actually buying a console for

PS4 is worth having anyway, as it is home to many fun games, most of which have even been completed and released.

Also makes an excellent couch youtube/netflix/amazon box. Without it, my wife and I couldn't watch Subponticate Poster's videos over dinner.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

Beets, what's your favorite non-schoolgirl anime?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/nea7mMq.gifv

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hav posted:

It was a long shot on the basis that they may not just turn up to defend and you get the lulz.

Nah, it was an idiot saying "come at me bro" when he was no where near being in the way.

It was dumb.

Streetroller is cool, but this was a dumb move.

imho.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
What is a discord partner?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
My ianalbutt guess is that the dismissal was granted on jurisdiction issues.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sorry everybody but I have to tell you Star Citizen is not good, it's simply very bad garbage that needs to be incinerated. i am sorry I had to be the one to say this but nobody else had the guts

It's bad

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

MyRadar Weather Radar has contracted a case of the Star Citizens.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

boviscopophobic posted:

MyRadar Weather Radar has contracted a case of the Star Citizens.

Wait so they won't be giving us the latest and up to date information on the Star Citizen planets weather changes?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Solarin posted:

Sorry everybody but I have to tell you Star Citizen is not good, it's simply very bad garbage that needs to be incinerated. i am sorry I had to be the one to say this but nobody else had the guts

It's bad

Stay strong :hug:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

Yo dawg, I heard you like memes. So I put memes in your thread so you can meme while you thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, get a ppk. They’re stupid guns for idiots but you can’t help but feel kinda cool when you shoot them.

Except there hasn't been any imports other than the PPK/22 in several years. PPK in .380 or .32 are hard to find these days.

Edit: I approve of my avatar....

SpaceCurtisLeMay fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 25, 2018