Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Real hurthling! posted:

Gow question:
I found the musphalheim arena with the giant talking sword

Worth doing right away or should i wait til im buff as hell? Id like to clear it all in one go when i do it.

You can do most of it in one go since it's more the technical arenas that are hard (by technical I mean poo poo like don't get hit which depends less on armour but fast killing is still pretty key of course). There is a very hard boss at the end though. I did it using end game armour, if you literally just unlocked it you're not going to make it.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
WOW the writing and pacing of the handholding in Detroit: Become Human is so bad that the demo's like ten minutes long and I almost didn't finish it. Holy poo poo. This game makes Beyond Two Souls look like Planescape: Torment. Like drat, I wasn't expecting greatness but I strongly recommend you all try the Detroit: Become Human demo to see how bad it is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

Gow question:
I found the musphalheim arena with the giant talking sword

Worth doing right away or should i wait til im buff as hell? Id like to clear it all in one go when i do it.

You eventually reach a trial that's like "kill 100 bad guys" and you'll definitely want some passive regen or health restore gear for that one. The final boss is also one of the tougher optional fights out there but also kind of fun as a DPS race.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just booted up HZD again after a winter long hiatus and I forgot I stopped playing it because of the Dervhal fight. I’ve tried it three times and them dang flappy birds get me.

I know I need to hit them with fire arrows but their frost attack from the sides is a pain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Chug a frost potion, set them on fire, or hit some with corruption arrows to make them fight for you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

WOW the writing and pacing of the handholding in Detroit: Become Human is so bad that the demo's like ten minutes long and I almost didn't finish it. Holy poo poo. This game makes Beyond Two Souls look like Planescape: Torment. Like drat, I wasn't expecting greatness but I strongly recommend you all try the Detroit: Become Human demo to see how bad it is.

Sold

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Godzilla07 posted:

Burnout Paradise Remastered is on sale, so I bought it. Should you buy it if you have a PC that run that version? Probably not. The remaster does include all of Paradise's DLC, which you can't get on PC, but the remaster is half-assed. It's just an up-res, and a different color filter on base PS4. Zero quality-of-life tweaks were made, not even fast travel to a garage.
Paradise holds up well. I appreciate the depth of the world more now, given the technical constraints of open-world games a decade ago. And the multiplayer loop when you have a good lobby, going from event to event, is still so much fun.
Still I'm sad after finishing Paradise, because there won't be another game like it. Arcade racers are on life support, and Criterion has been gutted into an EA support studio.

Yeah, as much as I liked the original, and as good a game as it still is, I expected something more of a remastered version, and unless you count the DLC then there's nothing more here. If I saw screenshots of this game, I wouldn't think it was a remaster. I wasn't expecting it to blow me out of the water, and I like that it has pretty much all the original Paradise music (for better or worse). I just think I wanted something more out of it, especially at full price.

I keep telling myself I'll stop buying remasters and rereleases. I've bought two different editions of Skyrim since then.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

exquisite tea posted:

Chug a frost potion, set them on fire, or hit some with corruption arrows to make them fight for you.

I forgot I had frost potions and I also forgot I could bullet time my bow’s shots. Beat it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Been waiting for this

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Has anybody said that Atreus is the Sod of War yet

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m generally ok with adapting Kratos’s old way of speaking to this new setting but was it necessary for him to not use contractions, especially if he’s gonna say things like “do not” a hundred billion times a second to his boy?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I felt it was a good way to convey the language he's speaking in this game is not his own tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy poo poo there are a lot of huge discounts in the Golden Week sale.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Meaning you have the newest firmware on a USB stick that you downloaded on a PC and you're trying to use it to set up the PS4?

Yeah we figured it out, Sony released 5.53-01 as we were trying this and it wasn’t yet available to download but the system wanted it but it was physically impossible to get it yet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

esperterra posted:

I felt it was a good way to convey the language he's speaking in this game is not his own tbh
Yeah, same as in Star Trek, I never liked it there either.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fair enough~

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m generally ok with adapting Kratos’s old way of speaking to this new setting but was it necessary for him to not use contractions, especially if he’s gonna say things like “do not” a hundred billion times a second to his boy?

On one hand I think he wouldn't have used many anyway. On the other hand, wouldn't'e've?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

All you need to know before playing MGSV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYrh5h9acg8

Edit: Realtalk there's not much writing like what people have come to expect from an MGS game, but I really liked what was there. Creating a setting where Revolver Ocelot is the sanest and most humane character in the game

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Detroit demo was super cool :shrug: gf and I both played and got different endings. Definitely buying it when it’s out. Sucks to give David Cage money but whatever, game is good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Playing God of War a whole lot since :420:release:420: and while it was pretty drat good up until today, I just reached Helheim. Anyone else who's made it to Helheim knows wHY HELLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SO BALLER

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That sequence leading up to Helheim is so goddamn exceptional.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

man nurse posted:

Without question. The base game alone will last you eons if you get into it. And I personally think it's a very fun game.

FF XV is surprisingly great if you can get into it, but fortunately it will not take eons to beat. I finished the game and did enough side content to get most of the way to the plat at somewhere between 30-40 hours, then mindlessly grinded out some fishing and put rubber bands on the sticks to get Gladio’s perk ranked up for the last couple trophies.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Godzilla07 posted:

Burnout Paradise Remastered is on sale, so I bought it. Should you buy it if you have a PC that run that version? Probably not. The remaster does include all of Paradise's DLC, which you can't get on PC, but the remaster is half-assed. It's just an up-res, and a different color filter on base PS4. Zero quality-of-life tweaks were made, not even fast travel to a garage.

Paradise holds up well. I appreciate the depth of the world more now, given the technical constraints of open-world games a decade ago. And the multiplayer loop when you have a good lobby, going from event to event, is still so much fun.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredCriminalIcefish.mp4

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoughtfulSophisticatedAmericanmarten.mp4

Still I'm sad after finishing Paradise, because there won't be another game like it. Arcade racers are on life support, and Criterion has been gutted into an EA support studio.

I'm really bad at racing games and hate the genre in general but even I love Paradise. There's just something about the game that really clicks with me. I always hoped they'd make another game like it but that hope is pretty much gone now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wish they would just do a PS2 classic port of Burnout 3 to the PS4 so I could get all that burnout fun without the open world millstone.

Also the best crash events in the series :swoon:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The rewards I get for exploring in GoW seem like minor minor minor powerups that I only need, so far, for side content. It's obvious when I get on the main path because I see green bars again.

Should I rush the story to a certain point then go back and explore? Is there a Meridian here?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

The rewards I get for exploring in GoW seem like minor minor minor powerups that I only need, so far, for side content. It's obvious when I get on the main path because I see green bars again.

Should I rush the story to a certain point then go back and explore? Is there a Meridian here?

Yeah, its not worth trying to backtrack until electricity arrows (not the blue arrows, the yellow ones) there will still be a few roadblocks but 99% of stuff in old areas will be doable then

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 25, 2018

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Okay maybe I’m a huge normie or whatever but the Valkyries have been tougher than anything in the Souls games. Just banged my head against a wall for an hour.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Fair warning about something in the Humble Bundle; That version of Crazy Taxi is the remastered one with the terrible soundtrack. No ya-ya-ya-ya-ya's for you.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fair warning about something in the Humble Bundle; That version of Crazy Taxi is the remastered one with the terrible soundtrack. No ya-ya-ya-ya-ya's for you.

Disgusting

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you have spotify you can just make a playlist of the 2 horrible songs that comprised that game's entire soundtrack.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wait it's PS3 nevermind

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

enojy posted:

Playing God of War a whole lot since :420:release:420: and while it was pretty drat good up until today, I just reached Helheim. Anyone else who's made it to Helheim knows wHY HELLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH

I just got there tonight. gently caress yeah. Game gets better and better. All those 10/10 reviews don't seem so ridiculous now and not even finished yet.

It's definitely a game you can nitpick on and find fault with but if it clicks with you it's really a tremendous experience.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Samurai Sanders posted:

Christopher Judge played Teal'c on TV for like twelve years and no contractions was one of Teal'c's mannerisms so I'd say this was absolutely necessary.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bombadilillo posted:

IMO, I think the safest non-spoilery answer to this question is, by the time you're able to actually use all of those locked teleport doors instead of just being able to warp to the workshop, that's a good time to explore everything. This'll also save you a whole shitload of instances of "what the gently caress is this red/blue/spiky poo poo I can't seem to interact with"

Favors, though, I do believe you can feel free to do as soon as you come across (most of) them, and you should, because they tend to result in worthy rewards, or if nothing else, some high quality side quest content.

enojy fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think I'm getting near the end of my GoW experience and I'm genuinely sad that it's going to end. Thankfully there are a couple of endgame monster arenas that you can do for gear and stylin' on dudes.

I've never played a game that just continually gets better and better, each new set piece more impressive than the last.