Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Breadallelogram posted:

This did not get nearly the attention it deserved when it was published

probably cause no one gives a poo poo about newsweek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ah man I also just remembered something else edwards did

when kerry was interviewing his vp shortlist for the 2004 race he got to edwards and edwards told kerry a story to impress him

the story was about how when edwards's son died he climbed up onto the mortician's slab to cradle the body and whisper promises about being a good man to it, and edwards prefaced this story by telling kerry that he had never shared this with anyone else

kerry was taken aback because he remembered edwards telling him the exact same story years earlier

he picked him for vp anyway lmao

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol holy poo poo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
remember when the chuds were still a little embarrassed about their president being a russian asset

https://twitter.com/PeterHamby/status/835150821411143682

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SpaceGoku posted:

ah man I also just remembered something else edwards did

when kerry was interviewing his vp shortlist for the 2004 race he got to edwards and edwards told kerry a story to impress him

the story was about how when edwards's son died he climbed up onto the mortician's slab to cradle the body and whisper promises about being a good man to it, and edwards prefaced this story by telling kerry that he had never shared this with anyone else

kerry was taken aback because he remembered edwards telling him the exact same story years earlier

he picked him for vp anyway lmao

You know who else has cradled dead bodies on a mortician's slab?

John Wayne Gacy. Makes you think...

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

You know who else has cradled dead bodies?

John Wayne Gacy. Makes you think...

Rick Santorum's miscarriage (the human one, not his presidential campaigns)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ikanreed posted:

Also John Edwards had a baby with another woman while his wife was dying if cancer while running for president
Real pros divorce their dying wives. :newt:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

frankenfreak posted:

Real pros divorce their dying wives. :newt:

"In *mumble* *mumble* health..."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Retromancer posted:

TIL That the Hobbit movies weren't just poo poo, they were used as a bludgeon to blow up all film based unions in New Zealand in order to appease Warner Brothers studio executives.

Got any links? I want to read more on this.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

TetsuoTW posted:

iirc the unions were tired of being treated like poo poo by the studio during the first movie so warner brothers just decided to replace all the real people orcs with lovely polish CGI orcs for the next 2 movies instead

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TetsuoTW posted:

A video came out going over it recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi7t_g5QObs

I would recommend watching the first two in the series, but those are less political and more film criticism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRUQ-RKfUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPJr_tKkO4

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
wait people saw the first hobbit movie and willingly devoted hours of their lives to watching more?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hobbit movies are ftw

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

lmfao how have these sex pest turds clung stubbornly to power for so long

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/ryan-backs-speaker-hastert-in-wake-of-foley-sex-scandal/article_ce226d8f-4d66-5635-bb16-cda2b6180dae.html

quote:

Ryan told the Washington Post last week that he saw mainstream Republicans rallying around Hastert in the wake of the Foley scandal.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

paul_soccer10 posted:

The hobbit movies are ftw

this is a bannable offense.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
yeah peter jackson majorly sucks, even if you disregard his films. he's also a big time ww1-aboo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Comrayn posted:

wait people saw the first hobbit movie and willingly devoted hours of their lives to watching more?

i thought the first one was Incredibly Okay, the second one is bad and the third one holy lmao

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Real hobbit hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gv1qnPAiSI

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jeb! releasing Chang, the mystical warrior

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmarx posted:

yeah peter jackson majorly sucks, even if you disregard his films. he's also a big time ww1-aboo

what, like he loves the ANZACs?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Retromancer posted:

Trump was too dumb to be swayed by the bullshit Washington Neocon/liberal groupthink of "don't negotiate with our enemies because that legitimizes them!" And he's going to end up having a greater positive impact on international politics than Obama.

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trump.

Accelerationism is real and strong

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/janemerrick23/status/748113722661609472

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I don't understand this. It seems like literal nonsense. How does an opponent not always want you to resign. How is a shithead from your own party an "opponent".

I get that it's someone being dumb about Corbyn in 2016, but what are they even saying

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I wish politics worked like that so that I could just become god-emperor for life when I found out how to win all elections using this one weird trick!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

ikanreed posted:

I don't understand this. It seems like literal nonsense. How does an opponent not always want you to resign. How is a shithead from your own party an "opponent".

I get that it's someone being dumb about Corbyn in 2016, but what are they even saying

the person calling on corbyn to resign was david cameron not someone from his own party and i think the answer is "i didn't really think this through"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

wasn't this literally the week after charlottesville lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Easy D

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

R. Guyovich posted:

wasn't this literally the week after charlottesville lol

I think it happened right before it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

MizPiz posted:

I think it happened right before it

i thought so too but then i noticed she's wearing a uva sweater. odd to do that if charlottesville hasn't happened yet

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

R. Guyovich posted:

i thought so too but then i noticed she's wearing a uva sweater. odd to do that if charlottesville hasn't happened yet

She was saying that we should just let the nazis have they're rally and just ignore them until they go away

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Well that's egg on my face

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 12:16 on Apr 26, 2018

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Google says it was after and was in direct response to Charlottesville.

quote:

I don’t want any more good people to get hurt and I know a lot of us are feeling anxious and we’re asking ourselves, ‘What can I do? I’m just one person. What can I do?’

I would urge people this Saturday, instead of participating in the screaming matches and potential violence, find a local business you support: Maybe a Jewish-run bakery or an African American-run bakery. Order a cake with the American flag on it like this one and just eat it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
imagine getting run over by a murderous Nazi and looking up from your hospital bed to see Tina Fey stuffing her face with cake in your honor

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

GalacticAcid posted:

imagine getting run over by a murderous Nazi and looking up from your hospital bed to see Tina Fey stuffing her face with cake in your honor

But it's from a Jewish or African-American baker!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
*plies voice* got six bakers and they all Jewish

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Narrator posted:

But it's from a Jewish or African-American baker!

liberation through small business ownership

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
let them eat ultranationalist idpol cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I swear that was like a day after Charlottesville