Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Is there a way to force the game to make crashlogs, even with a mod or something? A friend of mine is having trouble completing a heist without a CTD, and we can't find any crash reports. My computer, with the exact same components sitting two feet away, can make it through most games fine but he crashes every time. He's running vanilla and has tried a full reinstall, neither help.

e. This has been going on for a month or two, it's not new. He also had the same mod list as I did when he started crashing and now has deleted his modoverride mod and iphpapi.dll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
spring break confirmed to start at the 23rd :toot:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

Where's your Old Memories run where you don't blow up the lab? You know, kind of like this but without the Day 3 wipe due to greed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rByHU9HCPf4

:effort:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
So Jules asked the Steam secret thread to bump the post count up to 17,500 and there’s also a new website on the horizon.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 23, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Is there a way to force the game to make crashlogs, even with a mod or something? A friend of mine is having trouble completing a heist without a CTD, and we can't find any crash reports. My computer, with the exact same components sitting two feet away, can make it through most games fine but he crashes every time. He's running vanilla and has tried a full reinstall, neither help.

e. This has been going on for a month or two, it's not new. He also had the same mod list as I did when he started crashing and now has deleted his modoverride mod and iphpapi.dll.

The game actually already generates logs! On windows, go to user/USERNAME/appdata/Local/payday 2/ and there will be crash.txt, which is the most recent, and crashlog, which is all of them in chronological order.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TheObserver posted:

So Jules asked the Steam secret thread to bump the post count up to 17,500 and there’s also a new website on the horizon.

Check out the live feed video, it's happening. There's also a 300mb update for the game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is Vox finally gonna get off his rear end and solve this Secret soon?

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
We’re returning to the FBI headquarters we did loud, and we’re doing it silent.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

The game actually already generates logs! On windows, go to user/USERNAME/appdata/Local/payday 2/ and there will be crash.txt, which is the most recent, and crashlog, which is all of them in chronological order.

I could have sworn Payday 2 creates crashdumps in its Steam folder. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Either those guards need to move more often or Locke needs to get off my loving nuts for a moment goddamn.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Either those guards need to move more often or Locke needs to get off my loving nuts for a moment goddamn.

It's all pretty annoying really.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Locke's whole deal is not getting off your nuts. For sure.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It appears there's a bug of some sort, possibly mod-related, that causes some guards to become stationary. At least some folks are seeing no signs of the problem, so I don't know the cause.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Imagine Framing Frame 3 but with a timer and also even more guards.

Ugh.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psion posted:

Locke's whole deal is not getting off your nuts. For sure.

Probably.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It appears there's a bug of some sort, possibly mod-related, that causes some guards to become stationary. At least some folks are seeing no signs of the problem, so I don't know the cause.

I don't know if you meant that in response to my complaint or not but guards are moving in my game. It's just Locke expects me to move around like this is goddamn Shadow Raid, not a crowded FBI office.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I notice 0 changes for the new map on mayhem and up, except for the cameras being titan. The amount of guards is high even on overkill.

They even have the chest flashlights on death sentence

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't know if you meant that in response to my complaint or not but guards are moving in my game. It's just Locke expects me to move around like this is goddamn Shadow Raid, not a crowded FBI office.

No, I've got it too and have been complaining about it in the Goon Discord. Mas has gotten it as well. It's not consistent.

I finally finished it on DS/OD after 4 hours and a ton of attempts and figured I'd do an effortpost about it.

This heist is doable solo, but the ideal number is 2, preferably both players having a good knowledge of the layout. Having the bot faster interaction is deal; any edge you can get for this map is good.
The map is split into 2 parts, Big Bank style. The first part requires you to disable a security gate. Once you find the gate, you will need to hack 1 of 4 laptops. The laptop locations can be server room, human resources, operations, training room or kitchen. They're all on the top floor except kitchen. There's a whiteboard that tells you where the laptop is located but you don't need it; you can activate any of them at will. After activation there's a short timer that runs down; you need to open the gate before it runs out otherwise you need to hack the laptop again. The easiest solo location is storage; operations depends on guard layout. If you roll training room, it is possible to time the guard movement to reach the gate without alerting; once the bottom floor guards start to path away from the training room to the kitchen you should start the hack.

Try to save all of your pagers for the second half; you will need them. It is possible to run into static guards but this may be a mod related bug; I didn't run into it very often when I was doing the map solo. Once you get into the second half you need to look for Commissioner Garrett's office. Both sides of this area also have training rooms, which can spawn a bunch of extra static guards. These functionally cut off a couple of safe navigation routes, but there are a lot of cubicles and a few stairwells where you can hide or stash bodies. Watch out for civilians though; there is no safe spot to tie them down so it's better to kill and bag them.

It appears to be that the security office and Garrett's office spawn on the same side, so if you find one you find the other. Killing the camera guard is ideal because it makes moving around the second half a lot easier. The camera guard is essentially a "free" kill, but the first roaming guard killed will spawn a check-in guard (it may spawn in both halves, but it definitely spawns in the second half). I don't believe killing more guards spawns more check-in guards. Keep your eyes peeled for any power boxes in the same area as Garrett's office. One of my friends came up with a great idea of marking the boxes with throwables; be sure to have throwable contours on and take different throwables so you don't accidentally pick up someone else's.

Once you find Garrett's office you will get a randomized objective to lure him outside. The ones I've seen so far are turning off the power, making a fake phonecall and sending a fake email; I don't know if there are more. Once he's outside, you will need to disable those power boxes I mentioned earlier. You will only need to get the ones on the same side as his office, so if you found some on the other side forget about them. After he's outside, he will stay outside indefinitely until you open his office door and go inside, after which he will start pathing back. The time it takes depends on how far away he walked outside (this seems random). The safest route is to enter his office, triggering his return routine, and then going back outside. After 3 lure attempts, you will get a prompt to feed him spoiled food to send him to the bathroom. This will take him off the map permanently.

Now that you're in his office look for the safe; it will be randomly behind cover. The access code is one of the numbers that are written on the sticky notes in the office. Locke will give you hints on the correct access code. Once you get it, just stealth to the exit. There are probably multiple exits; the only one I saw when I managed to finish this had me return to the starting spawn.

Keep in mind I only finished this once and a bunch of this is conjecture but hopefully anyone having trouble finds this information useful.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hell yeah the best thing they could have released for a dude fresh back to the game is a stealth only heist. I will certainly finish this on Very Hard some day before the game is truly dead!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Don't worry, we're getting a second heist that is almost certainly the No Mercy remake, and it'll be loud as gently caress. :getin:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

UnknownMercenary posted:

No, I've got it too and have been complaining about it in the Goon Discord. Mas has gotten it as well. It's not consistent.

I finally finished it on DS/OD after 4 hours and a ton of attempts and figured I'd do an effortpost about it.

This heist is doable solo, but the ideal number is 2, preferably both players having a good knowledge of the layout. Having the bot faster interaction is deal; any edge you can get for this map is good.
The map is split into 2 parts, Big Bank style. The first part requires you to disable a security gate. Once you find the gate, you will need to hack 1 of 4 laptops. The laptop locations can be server room, human resources, operations, training room or kitchen. They're all on the top floor except kitchen. There's a whiteboard that tells you where the laptop is located but you don't need it; you can activate any of them at will. After activation there's a short timer that runs down; you need to open the gate before it runs out otherwise you need to hack the laptop again. The easiest solo location is storage; operations depends on guard layout. If you roll training room, it is possible to time the guard movement to reach the gate without alerting; once the bottom floor guards start to path away from the training room to the kitchen you should start the hack.

Try to save all of your pagers for the second half; you will need them. It is possible to run into static guards but this may be a mod related bug; I didn't run into it very often when I was doing the map solo. Once you get into the second half you need to look for Commissioner Garrett's office. Both sides of this area also have training rooms, which can spawn a bunch of extra static guards. These functionally cut off a couple of safe navigation routes, but there are a lot of cubicles and a few stairwells where you can hide or stash bodies. Watch out for civilians though; there is no safe spot to tie them down so it's better to kill and bag them.

It appears to be that the security office and Garrett's office spawn on the same side, so if you find one you find the other. Killing the camera guard is ideal because it makes moving around the second half a lot easier. The camera guard is essentially a "free" kill, but the first roaming guard killed will spawn a check-in guard (it may spawn in both halves, but it definitely spawns in the second half). I don't believe killing more guards spawns more check-in guards. Keep your eyes peeled for any power boxes in the same area as Garrett's office. One of my friends came up with a great idea of marking the boxes with throwables; be sure to have throwable contours on and take different throwables so you don't accidentally pick up someone else's.

Once you find Garrett's office you will get a randomized objective to lure him outside. The ones I've seen so far are turning off the power, making a fake phonecall and sending a fake email; I don't know if there are more. Once he's outside, you will need to disable those power boxes I mentioned earlier. You will only need to get the ones on the same side as his office, so if you found some on the other side forget about them. After he's outside, he will stay outside indefinitely until you open his office door and go inside, after which he will start pathing back. The time it takes depends on how far away he walked outside (this seems random). The safest route is to enter his office, triggering his return routine, and then going back outside. After 3 lure attempts, you will get a prompt to feed him spoiled food to send him to the bathroom. This will take him off the map permanently.

Now that you're in his office look for the safe; it will be randomly behind cover. The access code is one of the numbers that are written on the sticky notes in the office. Locke will give you hints on the correct access code. Once you get it, just stealth to the exit. There are probably multiple exits; the only one I saw when I managed to finish this had me return to the starting spawn.

Keep in mind I only finished this once and a bunch of this is conjecture but hopefully anyone having trouble finds this information useful.

I THINK the number of times you can call Garrett out is limited but on my fourth try, I put out a Burrito for him and knocked on his door. After he ate it he got the shits and ran to the bathroom. I've never got the same task twice in a single session so it seems like there is a limited amount.

Also don't kill or get spotted by Garrett. Both initiate a 10 second point of no return fail state

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I just beat that heist solo on death sentence one down. Now I never need to play it again.

Basically, killing the cameraman is paramount. And if you go too fast on disabling the 3 stooges boxes, the other two glitch out and cannot be interacted with :shepface:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TopHatGenius posted:

I THINK the number of times you can call Garrett out is limited but on my fourth try, I put out a Burrito for him and knocked on his door. After he ate it he got the shits and ran to the bathroom. I've never got the same task twice in a single session so it seems like there is a limited amount.

Also don't kill or get spotted by Garrett. Both initiate a 10 second point of no return fail state

Yeah I'm pretty sure it maxes out at 4 as well. Doing all of them to get him permanently out of the map is a good idea too; I had way too many runs that got scrubbed because he pathed back to his office really fast.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

There is some hideous disparity in how difficult certain things are when you solo it.

First, there's the laptop: Storage Room, trivial. Server Room, also trivial. Operations, fairly easy. Training room, not so bad. HR, kind of annoying. Kitchen, good loving luck.

Then, there's which side Garrett is on. One is a cramped area where there's like one idle spot near the office and has a bunch of furniture right next to the door to hide from Garrett and effortlessly step in and a nice central room to make the rest of the place feel positively empty, the other is a wider area which has some seriously aggressive placements of both cameras and idle points that can, in fact, force you to hide in the same one spot for several minutes as those jerk guards repeatedly about-face and seemingly take turns to be the personal bane of your existence.

Having worked out where your target is, the lures One takes Garrett to the light switches near the elevators, one takes Garrett to the elevators proper and the last outside that side's respective training room, which for the smaller area is literally 10 meters in the front of the door. Some give you forever and a day to find the right code for the safe once you're finally in the office, others are the training room door 10 meters in front of the office.

The bit after that, disabling security, doesn't really feel harder or easier any given time.

As for the escape, I've only had the elevator. poo poo's easy.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 24, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I I hosed up the elevator the moment I cracked the safe because I ran out of pagers :saddowns:

However, my successful run involves going back to the beginning and getting it out via skylight. Didn't have an issue with that one; deposit and escape are in the exact same place :shrug:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Breakin' Feds Protips

1. Co-op makes this mission much, much easier! have one person stay at the barrier while the other hacks the laptop. Similarly, have a friend parked on cameras during the second half of the level, so you know exactly where Garrett and the guards are.
2. On DW and above, there is some mechanism for a check-in guard to replace at least one patrolling guard if the guard is dead or tied down. The safest option is to just avoid the guards.

Layout:
3. The map has two "zones," the first dedicated to the security barrier and laptop task, the second with Garrett, evidence, security, and all the real pain. The evidence room always spawns on the opposite side of the atrium from the area with Garrett and the security room. There is one possible position for security, evidence, and garrett's office on either side of the map.
4. Stairwells are safe. Specific cubes are safe-learning these takes some observation.
5. In the first zone, guards do not path into side rooms- they're safe, so long as you break line of sight, and they're great for circumnavigating guards. In the second zone, guards can path through the various meeting rooms, so they're not as reliable.
6. Guards can see through glass, they cannot see through blinds.
7. In the first zone, the area right by the barrier is safe.
8. The break room on the right side of the map (second zone) is NOT safe. The window connects to the first zone and guards can see through the window.
9. In the second zone, the walkways overlooking the atrium are mostly safe, but there are civilians and guards periodically crossing the lower floors, and Garrett will answer his phone call in the atrium hall.

Zone 1 tasks:
10. There is no penalty to hacking the wrong laptop. If the whiteboard's not in the Storage Room, just hack the laptop in there anyway.
11. Guards don't alert off of the laptop hack.

Zone 2 tasks:
12. When you first lure Garrett away, he will not return until all three boxes are hacked and the door is opened. However, I believe his "timer" for returning counts down and stays at zero during the hacking process. This means the first time you open his office, he will likely be en route to return immediately.
13. The distance Garrett walks during each lure varies a lot, and the same lure can be much better or worse depending on whether it's on the left or the right. In particular, watch out for the email task- Garrett is only about 10m from the office for it in one configuration.
14. The fourth lure will be a sandwich. The sandwich permanently removes Garrett from the equation. Watch out- when he eats it, he "goes loud"! On the highest difficulties, I strongly recommend not trying to enter the office until you have used the sandwich. During the period of luring Garrett away, Locke will gather all the clues you need.
15. Garrett doesn't alert off of anything out of place in his office, not even an empty safe.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Imagine Framing Frame 3 but with a timer and also even more guards.

Ugh.

No one stealths day 3 tho

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
But the gold...the gold is in the vault!:derp:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Just when we thought Overkill had learnt how to make good stealth heists...

The most amusing thing about this one is how Garrett can return to find his previously closed, locked and coded office door open and not see anything strange about this.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Finished it off solo last night on DS. Observations:

- If you get the laptop in the kitchen, just restart. It's possible to do but absolutely isn't worth the effort and risk.
- As observed, the left side office is massively easier than right side. The biggest issue is that the central office with the cubes on the right is basically gently caress Central for guards. There's four different patrol points in there, plus a fifth patrol point directly outside one of the doors AND Garrett stops directly outside another doors when he gets the email. It's also mandatory to go through there because there's several phones and computers, as well as almost always a security box.
- If there's a place you can put a tied up hostage safely, I haven't found it yet.
- The contents of the safe are variable! Sometimes it's the loot, sometimes it's a keycard to a door inside the evidence locker. So occasionally there's a whole additional section of work to be done.
- Escape is also variable, as others have cited. Neither is that bad, though the skylight is slightly more dangerous since you've got to go back through the first zone. Oh, though if you get the elevator, no stealth bonus. The alert happens no matter what.

It's kind of a bad heist, all in all. A ton of the difficulty is up to luck, the loot is fairly garbage, and there's some blocks in there Because Reasons rather than for good gameplay.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Finished it off solo last night on DS. Observations:

- If you get the laptop in the kitchen, just restart. It's possible to do but absolutely isn't worth the effort and risk.
I'd been trying to avoid outright saying this but when you run it solo, yes. Doesn't matter at all where it is when you've got a partner to just sit next to the barrier and activate it immediately.

quote:

It's kind of a bad heist, all in all. A ton of the difficulty is up to luck, the loot is fairly garbage, and there's some blocks in there Because Reasons rather than for good gameplay.
This I'm not so shy about. If you want a good, hard stealth, do something other than this garbage, artificially difficult one.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 24, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Spring Break Day 2
It's a contest and a stream by the devs.

Contest here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/3211505894148281434/

Devstream's too painful to link, sorry.

For those cheesed off about the lack of content, bear in mind overkill went to this alternating days approach because people were complaining they had to update the game so much. Yeah, I know.

Right side:
Has a central hub.
Powerbox is the screw you action.
Evidence replaces a training room.
Furniture safespot near Garrett office.

Left Side:
No central hub.
Evidence replaces restroom.
Email is the screw you action.
Stairwell safe spot near Garrett office.

A lot comes down to learning the safe spots in each area. Cams access and a partner seems like it would help tremendously.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Too much free stuff, etc

Is there like a timeline of what to expect this event, like stupid icons or anything so I can start theory crafting

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

Too much free stuff, etc

Is there like a timeline of what to expect this event, like stupid icons or anything so I can start theory crafting

No timeline, except expect an update every other day. I think we're expecting an akimbo expansion, one additional loud heist, and maybe some melee stuff.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

No timeline, except expect an update every other day. I think we're expecting an akimbo expansion, one additional loud heist, and maybe some melee stuff.
All of these things sound nice so I hope you're right.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

If y'all are thirsting for more content, be aware that sometime after spring break ends, we're going to formally launch Death Vo- I mean, Crackdown, a reworking of Death Sentence difficulty to not suck.

Changes include:
Enemy damage isn't dumb
Enemy accuracy isn't dumb
Number of enemies isn't dumb
Enemies look pretty
Enemies are smrt and use good tactic things
Special enemies do things that make them meaningfully threatening and encourage teamwork.
Enemy movement speed isn't doubled on Death Sentence.

Also when it launches there are going to be a handful (5 or so) of maps that get special tweaks to make them new and engaging and hard in ways that aren't crap. More maps will get the death vox treatment over time. Stealth heist changes will also come later.

Here's a pic of one of the new unit visuals, the Saigadozer:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
As a console player who will never see this I do hope it is legit and I will give you credit for sticking with it.

That said, shoulda been flamethrower bullies.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I may not have been around a while but I was around long enough to be excited to see the full glory of a realized Death Vox.

I thought of you when I did a Death Sentence Shadow Raid with some pubs and got bodied by soldiers coming out of the abandoned buildings across the street. Dunno how long that's been around for but it was certainly new to me and I got a good laugh out of it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

Turns out it was pocohud crashing, so i found a new version. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Todays update makes me happy I still have SAM installed.