Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Theese ceramicu knaives haev a pawarful cotting unnargy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

hexwren posted:

"unarrgy" is blowing my mind

Makes you feel less arrgy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This is a long post, but gently caress if this isn't the best listing I've ever seen.

First image:

Rest of the post is here: https://imgur.com/gallery/UBFa1nN

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Must be some sort of humiliation fetish thing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not gonna bother screenshotting an ad that's entirely in German, but the other day one of those nutjobs who drive cars into crowds drove his jeep into a crowd, went on the run, and it later turned out between that and the police catching him he put the car up on ebay. "Needs to go today."

(nobody died and it was a drunk Nazi)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I lost my beloved '99 Corolla in a flood four years ago this summer, and I still miss it. :( Such a good car, and in fantastic condition even at 15 years old.

eta: then again, mine had a sunroof

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hirayuki posted:

I lost my beloved '99 Corolla in a flood four years ago this summer, and I still miss it. :( Such a good car, and in fantastic condition even at 15 years old.

eta: then again, mine had a sunroof

My parents had a '85 Toyota Camry for 20 years before giving it up due to frequent transmission problems. It also had a sunroof

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

There's something comforting about a car reliable enough that it's old enough to get its own driver's license.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
You guys, our 2000 Honda Civic hatchy is dead and we are loving heartbroken. :911:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm not gonna bother screenshotting an ad that's entirely in German, but the other day one of those nutjobs who drive cars into crowds drove his jeep into a crowd, went on the run, and it later turned out between that and the police catching him he put the car up on ebay. "Needs to go today."

(nobody died and it was a drunk Nazi)

I speak German, y'know, if you want to upload the ad

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

AlbieQuirky posted:

You guys, our 2000 Honda Civic hatchy is dead and we are loving heartbroken. :911:

Not quite the same, but I had a 1999 Plymouth Breeze that lasted out to almost 2014.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Oh, I get it. I miss my 1999 CRV. I owned that bad boy for 13 years and I'm convinced I'd still be driving it today if I hadn't killed it by snapping the drive shaft on a nasty curb check. :(

In other news, apparently it's the 10-year anniversary of the JO post.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

sweeperbravo posted:

There's something comforting about a car reliable enough that it's old enough to get its own driver's license.

My car is old enough to drink, but, while you're driving it, you'd think it was old enough to be in hospice care.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

neogeo0823 posted:

Not quite the same, but I had a 1999 Plymouth Breeze that lasted out to almost 2014.

I'm honestly surprised that a Dodge lasted so long and presumably well. When I was growing up you didn't touch American cars past the ten year mark unless you did your own work or it was a hobby car.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jojoinnit posted:

I'm honestly surprised that a Dodge lasted so long and presumably well. When I was growing up you didn't touch American cars past the ten year mark unless you did your own work or it was a hobby car.

My first car was a '94 Plymouth Voyager. I drove it from 2003 to 2010. It needed a new front engine mount at one point and the rear windows opened if you took a turn too fast, but other than that it really didn't give me any problems.

The Dodge caravan my parents got after giving the Voyager to me would randomly lock and unlock itself, the CD player sometimes wouldn't eject, and the AC had to be fixed multiple times. But the engine never gave them any trouble.

American cars are weird.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

jojoinnit posted:

It was a surprisingly care free car till maybe the last 2 years I had it. During that time, a break line corroded(found that out on the way to work, when suddenly the break peddle just sunk straight to the floor), I went through multiple tie rods, the transmission started slipping once warmed and would have issues getting from park/reverse to drive, and the thermostat melted itself. Not all at once, mind you. The final blow to the car was when I was driving home from work, I heard and felt a heavy *CLUNK* like I had run over an ice ball, and then the engine revved high for a second and then quickly tanked. I had just enough momentum to coast to the side of the road, and as soon as I got out and walked around to the front of the car, it started gushing.... water? Maybe? It was clear, and water-like, anyway. In the end, IIRC, the guy that towed the car told me that... something had broken and a chain wrapped around another thing, and to be honest I wasn't listening because all I knew was yeah, the car was hosed. Total cost to fix would've been 3 times what the car was worth, so that was that.

I got a 2010 Honda Civic afterward, and it's been easy going as well, aside from an early adjustment period where I had to realize that people have a harder time seeing a dark blue small car compared to a white small car.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My fiance wants a herd of old Civics because they're so easy to fix and find in junkyards, plus they run forever on hopes and dreams. Ridiculous little things.

Oooh six random pads for the price of 20 in a size you like! Sweet deal bruh

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
'94 jeep Grand Cherokee lasted until it could drink and then some, rip ya big ol bastard.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hell my Bronco II is 32 years old and I'm sure as long as I maintain it it'll last another 32.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

interested in all purpose flower

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
for sale: wing pads (never used)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

sweeperbravo posted:

interested in all purpose flower

It's drugs.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
:getin:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

:smith: i was gonna brush my teeth with that thing

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Just the devil's weed, and all those listings are from WA.

E: wait you were going to brush your teeth with an alpaca

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wait, 45 bucks for that big ole box of fossils? hell yea

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Curious about that $150 water.

Edit: like, that's about 20 gallons of muddy bullshit that I'd presumably have to pump myself. Based on the picture it looks like gross puddles would actually be pretty easy to come by in that area.

walrusman has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Apr 30, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah it's wastern WA and it's spring so the whole place is basically a muddy puddle.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

walrusman posted:

Curious about that $150 water.

Edit: like, that's about 20 gallons of muddy bullshit that I'd presumably have to pump myself. Based on the picture it looks like gross puddles would actually be pretty easy to come by in that area.

You say muddy bullshit, I say raw water.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That was definitely Peridot.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I do need help comprehending, interesting

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

Huh

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Seems early to do a lovely reboot of BBT.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

5 major appliances! But... which 5?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

- a PAL C64
-
-
-
-

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Toaster, lamp, radio, vacuum, electric blanket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Five fleshlights?