Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I've tried the drinking whatever in the shower/bath thing, can't say it really does anything for me. Baths/showers in the dark, however, are neat. Only reason I don't take more baths is because I can't stretch out enough in a standard-size tub, which is all I can fit in my bathrooms. Give me the huge one like in Until Dawn and I'd gladly take more baths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah ideally with a bath there is a maximum level of filthy that you can already be before it turns into a Gummo situation. Shower first for cleanliness, then bath for relaxing, then hell, shower again

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Was eyeballing Gundam Versus and then realised it is just rife with DLC for all the cool suits. So imma wait for a GOTY edition that includes everything later on.

There probably isn't gonna be a goty edition short of a new revision in a year or two, since they'll probably be working to keep semi parity with Extreme Versus 2 which is hitting arcades soon to replace Maxi Boost which nobody really liked.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Until Dawn is a real drat good game. Emily can go to hell, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have always been on #teamemily, don't @ me

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

the reason for the bath in UD is because the developers worked really hard to cram every single horror movie cliche that exists into the game

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

I just looked this up

:laffo: shaking your controller to mimic drying off with a towel. Holy crap this game is fully up it's own arse isn't it?

If you assume the player holds the controller in the same spot usually, slightly in front of them while seated, then I wonder if you could use the controller's sensors to move the controller around your body and have towel move to same spots on the character's body.

Basically what I'm getting at is I'd like for there to be awkward moments when the player is rubbing the controller in their armpit and then someone walks into the room seeing them doing that.

exquisite tea posted:

Baths are gross because you're basically just wallowing around in your own filth, which is what I already do outside of bathing.

If I were getting into someone else's bath I guess it'd be gross but since the filth in the bath was already on my own body anyway it's no biggie.

This assumes the tub was clean in the first place.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have always been on #teamemily, don't @ me

I use to hate Emily, but Ashley is actually the worst one of the group. LIke goddamn (spoilers obviously)

The one thing I like about this game is how certain actions you take can gently caress you in the long run. I mean loving hell she lets CHRIS die, and loving straight up lies when asked what happen to him. Or how she almost gets Emily killed, encouraging the player to shoot her cuz her being bitten by the Wendigo.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 25, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The character in question is the likeness of Ellen Paige, and done so without her permission, so it's pretty creepy. it's not just a general female character designed from scratch.

Iirc its paiges face with another actresses body for that sweet sweet unethical technically not breech of contract goodness

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Real hurthling! posted:

Iirc its paiges face with another actresses body for that sweet sweet unethical technically not breech of contract goodness

We already know there were no breeches.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Shindragon posted:

I use to hate Emily, but Ashley is actually the worst one of the group. LIke goddamn (spoilers obviously)

The one thing I like about this game is how certain actions you take can gently caress you in the long run. I mean loving hell she lets CHRIS die, and loving straight up lies when asked what happen to him. Or how she almost gets Emily killed, encouraging the player to shoot her cuz her being bitten by the Wendigo.

Emily slapping Ashley was one of the highlights of the game and the playthroughs that didn't go there are all the poorer for it

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

So, the PSN EU has this Best of Japan kind of sales. Both Yakuza Kawami and Yakuza 0 is on sale. If you have never played Yakuza at all, which one is the best place to get a good slice of Yakuza?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Understand the palm of my hand BITCH!

Yeah it was pretty great.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I'm way too tall for baths and have been since I was like 11 so haven't taken one since then. If I'm not at home most shower heads are aimed at my chest as well it's pretty cool

Ps4 chat: Atreus's first question after a certain massive revelation in God of War is like the most little kid thing ever

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Iacen posted:

So, the PSN EU has this Best of Japan kind of sales. Both Yakuza Kawami and Yakuza 0 is on sale. If you have never played Yakuza at all, which one is the best place to get a good slice of Yakuza?

Both. But seriously Y0 is a great entry point to the series and was my first one

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Neddy Seagoon posted:

VERY mild devil's advocate, but that's not quite as skeevy as you think it is. Objects and characters in videogames tend to get rendered well beyond what's actually seen so developers can play with angles and different animations from one prebuilt model.

The rendered nipples, however, are completely unnecessary and totally creepy.

Devils advocate on your devils advocate - they almost certainly did not custom model the rest of her body. They will have bought something, attached the head to it then optimized the whole thing. More work to remove the nipple in that case.
It's also worth noting that for artists who work on bodies and anatomy, 'a nipple' is not a particularly titillating thing. This was an oversight at best as nobody expected the data to be mined and presented in the way it was.

For example here is a storefront that sells 3d scans of people - (NWS if you dont work at a 3d studio) http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=70_127

That storefront is selling models captured by ten24 - (very work safe, some of you might find it interesting) http://ten24.info/work/
They do the scanning and capture for a lot of games and movies. Having them scan actors heads and pairing them with generic bodies for the artists to mash together is how it is done.
Because ten24 fronts the cost of scanning the generic bodies, they own them - and thats how they ended up selling them on the side through that store. The only reason every modern 3d model doesn't have nipples is because they delete the body geometry once the clothes have been draped over them. In that particular scene, no clothes to drape over and need the skin color for the frosted glass.
Ten24/3dscan store is not the only one - it is one of at least 5 scan/storefronts, but it might be the biggest.

The idea that David Cage had anything to do with this that gets thrown around - that his creepy nature is in any way related to an artist not thinking to go out of their way to remove a nipple is loving ludicrous. Oversight at best - and thanks to what happened, one that no studio will make again.

It is creepy & unnecessary that he puts a shower scene in every game - but the model being nude is not inherently unnecessary as pretty much every game character starts like that before clothes go on them.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 25, 2018

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Montalvo posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/989165136635195395

(Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends are the PS+ games)

I dunno how Beyond: Two Souls fared, but I appreciate the subtle Detroit Become Human promotion going on there and will enjoy it. I liked Heavy Rain (even though I liked this hilarious endgame spoilery part of it more than, well, the rest of the game probably.)

Rayman Legends, though? Best platformer ever made not exclusive to a Nintendo console, and it stands up really strong even to those. For anyone who hasn't already bought it like five times on various consoles, definitely don't sleep on it.

Iacen posted:

I'd just get Yakuza 0 -- it's a prequel to all of the other games, and Kiwami goes on sale often enough. Yakuza 0 may be all the Yakuza you need! Or, you'll fall in love with the style of game and dump a few hundred hours into it, by which point, Kiwami will be on sale again. Kiwami is a good second game to get, though, since it's a remaster of the first Yakuza game (although the events of Yakuza 0 still take place before Kiwami.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 25, 2018

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
gently caress, 2 months in a row where I already own both games on offer. Normally it's rare if I even have one of them.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Cool. Don't have Rayman on PS4. Dunno if I'll play it again anytime soon though. Too many new games.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
never buy deeply discounted games on PS4 you already pay for them with your ps+ sub

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

But for real tho Rayman Legends is an amazing game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhhjig5SPM

The music levels are amazing marketing pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7TRB8gka-4

but Rayman Origins is the better platformer overall, and people should play the actual Origins game release because the levels they included from it in Legends are less cool and good.

exquisite tea posted:

Baths are gross because you're basically just wallowing around in your own filth, which is what I already do outside of bathing.

Put a little vinegar or soap in it

Guaranteed to nullify even your nasty rear end body cheese

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

1 - Yes

2 - This happens whether I set a static IP for my PS4 or not.

3 - I'm reasonably sure this happens whether uPnP is on or off.

4 - Default settings on the router (I mean, firewalls are pretty complex, I don't really want to be messing with this beyond the defaults).

The only solution I have is rebooting. This seems to be an incredibly common issue on Google and I don't really expect it to be solved at this point. I asked here a year ago and the problem remains.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804356&pagenumber=131&perpage=40#post469562781

Ethernet or wifi? Or does it do the same on both? When the PS4 is on DHCP, is it getting an address? Proper subnet mask and gateway? DNS? If not, is the router seeing's it's MAC in the ARP table?

Trojan Kaiju posted:

That's why you need to get that sumo slap and tiger drop as soon as possible.

Kiwami could have benefited from a Okami-esque "if you cap out exp you just get a fuckton of money" system. It's not like you need money but it would have been a nice way for numbers to keep coming up.

All I wanted was the ability to spend hundreds or thousands of XP to spawn specific versions of Majima. I maxed out all of the skill trees, and the XP counter, way before the point of no return for the endgame, when I spent quite a while going in and out of stores to wait for specific Majimas to pop.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just bought Yakuza 6
If this is bad I'm blaming this thread

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

I just bought Yakuza 6

https://twitter.com/YakuzaNoContext/status/986800114214817793

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quote-Unquote posted:

I just bought Yakuza 6

Blame yourself or God.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

I just bought Yakuza 6

It's good 😎

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mason Dixon posted:

I've tried the drinking whatever in the shower/bath thing, can't say it really does anything for me. Baths/showers in the dark, however, are neat. Only reason I don't take more baths is because I can't stretch out enough in a standard-size tub, which is all I can fit in my bathrooms. Give me the huge one like in Until Dawn and I'd gladly take more baths.

Watch out, you can travel back in time using a bath thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaA903oxvc

Hot Tub Time Machine 2: Electric Boogaloo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Real hurthling! posted:

I think it's the same generic nude model they used in Heavy Rain tbh. It's not like they scanned Ellen Page's naked body and lovingly rendered it (though I fully understand her being upset about the situation, I doubt she knows much about how making vidya works and how there's often more rendered than what we see) so it's less them being skeevy on purpose and more 'oh the assets we recycled already has nipples on it, w/e'.

David Cage is already skeevy in a thousand other ways.

e: also baths are awesome and the correct order is bath first - > shower to rinse off or wash hair if it's hair washing day!!

If your bath water is real nasty you probably should have rinsed off first, idk. I'm usually not exceptionally dirty when I have a bath, they're for relaxing and not cleaning!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I just beat up a guy using a motorbike as a weapon then I fed a baby and now a young girl is on a stage dedicating a song to me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

I just beat up a guy using a motorbike as a weapon then I fed a baby and now a young girl is on a stage dedicating a song to me

Go get some popcorn you're going to need it

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Quote-Unquote posted:

I think you owe this thread an apology for your earlier comments. You shouldn't have doubted us, or the glory that is Yakuza. :colbert:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Go get some popcorn you're going to need it

Yeah really how long is this intro?

My controller just turned off from waiting too long

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

esperterra posted:

though I fully understand her being upset about the situation, I doubt she knows much about how making vidya works and how there's often more rendered than what we see

I think that might be an internet sensationalization of a nonplused, one sentence response during a Reddit AMA.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I remember her trying to take legal action, but tbh it was forever ago.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah but what about Yakuza ?!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah looks like the Sony e-mail leak revealed that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-page-explored-legal-action-against-sony-over-nude-video-game-images-2015-4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rinkles posted:

I think that might be an internet sensationalization of a nonplused, one sentence response during a Reddit AMA.

Nah the Sony e-mail leaks showed she was ready to sue http://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-page-explored-legal-action-against-sony-over-nude-video-game-images-2015-4

EDIT: Beaten

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She also tried legal action over Ellie looking so much like her, too, I believe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I just looked this up

:laffo: shaking your controller to mimic drying off with a towel. Holy crap this game is fully up it's own arse isn't it?

There's also a part where you make Ellen Page pee by pushing down on the left stick, complete w pee noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Okay so I founded an orphanage called morning glory and nobody found this suspicious and there's some dude with a jacket uglier than the one Nicolas cage wore in Wild at Heart that I fight all the time or something?