Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

rappin granny revue is so good. "i'm brian and im here to say, i'm updating my cv in a major way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Holy moly the question about 5 blades in the latest MBMBAM was an all-timer. I love when they help aspiring authors.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

dantheman650 posted:

Holy moly the question about 5 blades in the latest MBMBAM was an all-timer. I love when they help aspiring authors.

SCHLORP
SCHLORP
SCHLORP
SCHLORP

CLANG
clangclangclangclang

Jesus christ I had tears in my eyes, it was amazing. Thanks Travis.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Justin's go at it was pretty choice too.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
travis was very good this episode

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

This week’s Wonderful opens with Rachel recommending, with apparently complete sincerity, that people who have never seen any of Griffin’s polygon video content should go and watch Amiibo Corner as the epitome of his work there.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Amiibo corner kick-started all the weird polygon content that we've seen in the past four years. It's magical in that it was so unique it built an entire empire.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Organza Quiz posted:

This week’s Wonderful opens with Rachel recommending, with apparently complete sincerity, that people who have never seen any of Griffin’s polygon video content should go and watch Amiibo Corner as the epitome of his work there.

That's funnier when you imagine her sitting in the next room while he filmed those, listening to her grown adult husband stuffing toys in his mouth.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Man, Travis and Griffin guessing Jeff Gordon instead of Wayne Gretzky for that ice wine really reminded me that the boys are from WV

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Organza Quiz posted:

She's not wrong.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zeeman posted:

Man, Travis and Griffin guessing Jeff Gordon instead of Wayne Gretzky for that ice wine really reminded me that the boys are from WV

Whaa—??

If anything, they betrayed their red state roots with that. EVERYBODY 'round my stompin' grounds down here in the south knows that Jeff Gordon and #24 are synonymous.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Organza Quiz posted:

Those videos are what made her fall in love with him.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
I was planning to go to a 7 pm MBMBAM show next week with a friend, but it turns out they’ll be busy until 7:30. Do McElroy shows always have some kind of opener? Or would the show itself start at 7pm sharp?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

wocobob posted:

I was planning to go to a 7 pm MBMBAM show next week with a friend, but it turns out they’ll be busy until 7:30. Do McElroy shows always have some kind of opener? Or would the show itself start at 7pm sharp?

Sometimes there's an opener, sometimes not, but I'd say you're pretty safe for them starting at 7:20 - 7:30. The show I went to started 30 minutes late but the boys were sick / injured.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The show I went to didn’t have an opener, but it was a second show for the night. I think they did sawbones for the show before mine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Today it looks like we've got a whole new episode of.......

.....nothing. Normal scheduling returns.:smith:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Well it's that or TAZ writing with less editing, which will cause the thread to eat itself alive moreso than usual

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

First griffin and Justin quit their jobs, now this. End of an era

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

End of what era? This is how TAZ usually is.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Sometimes there's an opener, sometimes not, but I'd say you're pretty safe for them starting at 7:20 - 7:30. The show I went to started 30 minutes late but the boys were sick / injured.

There has never not been a live show in which the boys are sick or injured. They could be in perfect health, and they will find a way to self-inflict ailments backstage like "Justin drank a whole bottle of Hennessy" or "Griffin ate a Dorito and now he's got bubble guts"

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Or "Immediately before the show we all gorged ourselves on [local food specialty] and now we all want to die."

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjNgjMLY-I

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

End of what era? This is how TAZ usually is.

It’s a slap in the face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m being sarcastic

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Ah, one last hurrah. Why does this game use Goldeneye music?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Colonel Whitey posted:

Ah, one last hurrah. Why does this game use Goldeneye music?

it doesn't, in the actual game it's just a bunch of crowd chatter

(also play spy party it's loving fantastic)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm genuinely wondering if leaving Polygon is going to affect Griffin's storytelling methods in TAZ. He'll have more time to flesh out the lore now and work with his family on it, which could mean less speeding through exposition and more brothers/dad balance.

Sometimes recently he's seemed like he just wants to get the episode over with and get to the next chapter, presumably so he can work on his other responsibilities. Without that extra work distraction, maybe he can mellow out on his other projects.

Serf posted:

lol if it was ever shown that griffin was still friends with nick the mcelroy fandom would melt down like the loving china syndrome
FWIW, at last check pretty much the entire Polygon staff that was around when poo poo went down still follows him on Twitter. Something to remember is that real-life friends have tons of conversations that online fans will never be privy to, and when a good friend does something lovely you tend to give them some form of support privately, even if you can't do that publicly. Griffin knows he of ALL people can't be associated with him publicly anymore.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
why are people so dedicated on insisting that people still like and are friends with Nick, especially when he's a proven shitpile of a human being

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it wouldn't be hard to believe but also why is the nick thing still a topic

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cool Games Inc left a hole in all of our hearts, some people are just dumb enough to want a barely-repentant harasser back because of it

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Eox posted:

Cool Games Inc left a hole in all of our hearts, some people are just dumb enough to want a barely-repentant harasser back because of it

It was on average the funniest McElroy podcast.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I think Polygon will be OK without the McElroys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=entT-NtAQvU

Also, the Jackbox stuff they do every couple of weeks always ends up being hysterical

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think I've watched the clip of Michael Caine loves Beyonce about a dozen times since the stream

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Eox posted:

I listened to it and never found it very funny I unsubscribed to it way before the poo poo with nick happened.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

I listened to it and never found it very funny I unsubscribed to it way before the poo poo with nick happened.

Shame. I love MBMBAM to death but I usually don’t get tears from laughing like I do from CGI.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaius Marius posted:

I have six words for you.

Tim McGraw’s What If? Trucks: Fates

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ojjeorago posted:

See, this is sort of the thing with CGI, though. Most episodes have at least one thing that is funny in them, so the highlights and animated videos on YouTube are merited, but I listened to maybe 3 full episodes of CGI before just giving up and waiting for YT highlights.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ojjeorago posted:

Hugh Jackman's

Huge Acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Toaster Beef posted:

Hugh Jackman's

Huge Acting

This was running through my head the entire movie The Greatest Showman. That it had such a lasting imprint on me is a testament to how good the bit was