Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm 10 shards away from having Thomas the Tank Engine on my team I'm so hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Discord information updated in the OP.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Kowak posted:

Attention Groot Squad, please reply either here, in Discord or the alliance chat so we can make sure we have some way to communicate so we can get better rewards.
I'm going to give this a couple of days, then will have to consider kicking people who aren't taking part.

I’ma groot squadie. I’m pretty bad at everything I do, but hey I try to not suck so much

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Kemix posted:

I’ma groot squadie. I’m pretty bad at everything I do, but hey I try to not suck so much

:hfive:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

If y’all need a spot in I am Goon, you can feel free to boot me. I think I’ve about run my course on this game.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Chilichimp posted:

I don't know who:

Oxman
HNGKong (I think this is a goon?)
Moon

Are or if they're even goons. I just found out my guild leader has been accepting any applicants...

But ya'll three been AFK a day + and haven't participated in the 40 raid that's up right now and it's about to cost us completion rewards.

Please log ya asses in and push the auto button.

Hey sorry for the real late reply. Oxman is indeed a goon who works 10 - 12 hour days and doesn't always get a chance to pop in regularly. : ( I've missed a login and 2 dailies since launch too, super suboptimal i know... Sorry for any inconvenience guys.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The one thing driving me crazy is ability parts. I know I'm probably way behind as I think I'm only level 2-3 on stuff at Level 53 but it sucks farming those things.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
If anyone who gets the boot from the upcoming consolidation is looking for another alliance Great Lakes Goon Squad has one opening! Chat is usually busy and raids are opened with the quickness.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Diabetic posted:

The one thing driving me crazy is ability parts. I know I'm probably way behind as I think I'm only level 2-3 on stuff at Level 53 but it sucks farming those things.

I dunno, you just sorta do raids and they show up periodically

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I dunno, you just sorta do raids and they show up periodically

I do raids, but what happens is, I get enough for maybe one ability upgrade per raid.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

That just how it be

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The worst part is when your A Team are all on the lovely filler ability levels so no matter what you pick, it's all kinda garbage.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Diabetic posted:

don't worry about it, this great deal will help you out

my exact reaction to seeing this pop up was "lol suck my dick"

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

If anyone who gets the boot from the upcoming consolidation is looking for another alliance Great Lakes Goon Squad has one opening! Chat is usually busy and raids are opened with the quickness.

I’ve been looking for a goon alliance with active raid doers. Applied as same SA name.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I’ve been looking for a goon alliance with active raid doers. Applied as same SA name.

Welcome in! At the moment have a thanos raid about to end and are at 50% on a level 40.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hebrons, this weekend, we are gonna take on a lvl 50 raid again. Be ready!

I’m saying this if you want to start getting your A and B teams up to snuff. We are ready, I believe.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
This me.*

*except in raids and most arena matches.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I love the animation in this game. When you get an assist that finishes an enemy it usually looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2N3HrT0klI&t=135s

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Applied for that open spot in Goon Squad because my alliance imploded yesterday and Thomas won't wait for the rebuild.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I love the animation in this game. When you get an assist that finishes an enemy it usually looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2N3HrT0klI&t=135s

There's an animation where Wolverine jumps onto Hulk's face and just starts stabbing away. Only seen it happen once.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I'm at like 265k for blitz points right now. I'm debating on whether I can skate by with the 6 free refreshes I'll have over the next day and a half before it ends. Or whether I should use blitz cores tomorrow to push to 400k+ to secure the top 500.

BP was 287k and BW was 210k before that.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 25, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It amuses me greatly when someone revives after an execute animation.

For a game built on bad-rear end flourishes, it's legit hilarious watching a guy who flew off a cliff 2 seconds ago magically reappear in the middle of a send-off animation.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Away all Goats posted:

There's an animation where Wolverine jumps onto Hulk's face and just starts stabbing away. Only seen it happen once.

He does the same to Kingpin and any other big dude. It's a nice little touch though -- this game has a lot of those.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

drat horror queefs posted:

He does the same to Kingpin and any other big dude. It's a nice little touch though -- this game has a lot of those.

I’ve also heard the hand sorceress has a kill animation as well that comes out occasionally, but I’ve never seen it :/

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hebrons, this weekend, we are gonna take on a lvl 50 raid again. Be ready!

I’m saying this if you want to start getting your A and B teams up to snuff. We are ready, I believe.

Is this for the regular Ultimus raid or the Thomas raid? Either way I'm ready to die and be carried to Valhalla.

My A team is shaping up nice, I've got Night Nurse pushing like 8k. My B team is... Really falling short. Anybody got suggestions on who to kit for my fallback? Team A is Yondu/Winter Soldier/Drax/Wolverine/Night Nurse. B team usually ends up with Quake and Xbones, with everyone else just being who's strongest that day.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

HebrewMagic posted:

Is this for the regular Ultimus raid or the Thomas raid? Either way I'm ready to die and be carried to Valhalla.

My A team is shaping up nice, I've got Night Nurse pushing like 8k. My B team is... Really falling short. Anybody got suggestions on who to kit for my fallback? Team A is Yondu/Winter Soldier/Drax/Wolverine/Night Nurse. B team usually ends up with Quake and Xbones, with everyone else just being who's strongest that day.

Put Quake on your A team, seriously. Even if she doesn’t hit hard (and she does when skilled and geared), keeping all the enemies slowed gives you a large enough turn advantage for NN to work wonders. Drax Yondu NN Quake plus either WS or Wolverine should be fine for an A team for most stuff, and ideally you’ll end fights at nearly full health (pay attention to # of enemies remaining, don’t waste big skills when basic attacks will suffice, etc) and not need a B team at all. Position Drax on one end with Yondu and Quake as far away from him as possible, try to have Yondu’s summon ready at the start of each battle, and they will help you heal and kill things before they get an attack off. Anything that does hit you will hopefully be targeting Drax so your squishy summons should be far away from him so they don’t get chained/cleaved too much. I save Yondu and Quake ultimate skills for when it looks like I might take a lot of damage, otherwise I just use their basics to prolong fights so NN gets more turns.

Zotix posted:

So I'm at like 265k for blitz points right now. I'm debating on whether I can skate by with the 6 free refreshes I'll have over the next day and a half before it ends. Or whether I should use blitz cores tomorrow to push to 400k+ to secure the top 500.

BP was 287k and BW was 210k before that.

How many blitz cores have you spent? I can reach tier 5 after day one but that’s with doing some 25 cost fights with various teams, but then the next morning my A team gets one free fight and then is right back to 50 cost, or maybe 1 fight at 25 before jumping to 50. And every remaining refresh works the same way so I can get like 50-60k a day from free fights with my A/B/C teams but anything beyond that costs a lot of cores.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 25, 2018

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm doing 9 paid battles a day with my a team. Those paid battles can be with blitz shards or cores. So the first 3 are 25 cores x 3. The second 3 are 50 x 3. And the final 3 are 100 x 3.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

I'm doing 9 paid battles a day with my a team. Those paid battles can be with blitz shards or cores. So the first 3 are 25 cores x 3. The second 3 are 50 x 3. And the final 3 are 100 x 3.

But then the next day it starts at 100, or 1 at 50 and then 100, doesn’t it?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It resets the counter the next day. So it'll be 3x50,3x100,3x150. Every 6h you get a free battle too.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Kowak posted:

Attention Groot Squad, please reply either here, in Discord or the alliance chat so we can make sure we have some way to communicate so we can get better rewards.
I'm going to give this a couple of days, then will have to consider kicking people who aren't taking part.

Oh is this why I was kicked

Any squads open that don't care if I'm not min maxing my f2p poop game?

E: I'm still min maxing but being relied on to coordinate every time a raid happens is not my bag

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 25, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just purged the SWGOH discord of non-Star Wars accounts.

If I hosed up and you need to be re-added, lemme know I'll give you an invite.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

It amuses me greatly when someone revives after an execute animation.

For a game built on bad-rear end flourishes, it's legit hilarious watching a guy who flew off a cliff 2 seconds ago magically reappear in the middle of a send-off animation.

Wait are you all not playing with an utter lack of joy at 3X speed with static camera setting?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

davebo posted:

Wait are you all not playing with an utter lack of joy at 3X speed with static camera setting?

I play at 3x but the animations make the game a lot more fun so I like watching them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I like watching the animations too which makes it annoying that Arena/Raids kinda force you to use 3x speed since they are timed.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm five shards away from Thanos and this raid wrapping can't come soon enough fuuuuuck

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I play at 2x, its fast enough that it gets through the fights and slow enough that I can still enjoy things.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Oh hey I didn't know you could speed things up. That seems a shame to do because I love some of the animations, but at the same time I've lost rounds by mere seconds because someone is busy twirling their swords...

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

As long as you’ve seen the good killshot animations in 1x I don’t think you really miss out on anything playing at 3x, and other than some very endgame raid nodes the timer won’t ever be an issue.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I like the one where someone punts the target up in the air and Punisher skeet-shoots them with a grenade :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
N e 1 with a guild I'm down for anything that doesn't require me to have chat on

• Locked thread