Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ShaneB posted:

People keep mistyping abzan as sultai it's weird

People keep liking BG(x) instead of any color combination that's actually cool or fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
hm yes having access to your graveyard and paying like seven less mana than you have to for big rear end creatures isn't cool and good and fun

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Black
Orzhov
Grixis

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Blue
Izzet
Jeskai

Though if you had asked me pre-Invasion block, it'd have been Azorius and Esper

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Blue
Izzet
Jeskai

Though if you had asked me pre-Invasion block, it'd have been Azorius and Esper

If we'd asked you pre-Invasion block you'd have been like "what is a shard"

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

hm yes having access to your graveyard and paying like seven less mana than you have to for big rear end creatures isn't cool and good and fun

Agreed.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Ah, back when we used country flags for our 3-color decks. And referring to my RWU decks as literally any other country but america to describe it because it pissed off at least one person at any given game shop.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, who else wants to play Thalia's Lancers into sweet Legendary spells?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Nah, it's just an invalid target and gets backed up and put back in your hand. Still not fun, but not that bad.

Flashbacks to the "Esper Charm targeting me" fiasco.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Arena's biggest problem is that such a large percentage of the players play ridiculously slow, and people on MODO are already ultra slow.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Angry Grimace posted:

Arena's biggest problem is that such a large percentage of the players play ridiculously slow, and people on MODO are already ultra slow.

At least on Arena they can't just go AFK for a full on 30 minutes while you wait. They do need to punish people who waste all their timeouts though or at least force action every once in a while to prevent stalling.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hey WIzards? who decided that sac outlets were too fun for standard? The only reason God-Pharaoh's Gift can't be a good deck is because there is currently no playable ways to sacrifice your own creatures. Preferably creatures that eat creatures. I play a deck that is mostly 1-2 drops that explore or draw cards so I can speed through my deck and find Gate to the Afterlife and hit 6 dead creatures asap. It REALLY REALLY loving SUCKS when I have 3 dudes in the GY and 3 in play, and my opponent can just choose to take 3 every turn instead of blocking and letting me play my goddamn deck.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Attorney at Funk posted:

nah, I was ahead of my time

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

A Moose posted:

Hey WIzards? who decided that sac outlets were too fun for standard? The only reason God-Pharaoh's Gift can't be a good deck is because there is currently no playable ways to sacrifice your own creatures. Preferably creatures that eat creatures. I play a deck that is mostly 1-2 drops that explore or draw cards so I can speed through my deck and find Gate to the Afterlife and hit 6 dead creatures asap. It REALLY REALLY loving SUCKS when I have 3 dudes in the GY and 3 in play, and my opponent can just choose to take 3 every turn instead of blocking and letting me play my goddamn deck.

You could consider self-mill and cycling creatures to fill the graveyard instead.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

A Moose posted:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

We don't have those in arena yet, the only standard that matters now. Also why do they have to cost 4? Bring back Viscera Seer, cowards.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

A Moose posted:

We don't have those in arena yet, the only standard that matters now. Also why do they have to cost 4? Bring back Viscera Seer, cowards.

I agree. We're getting Dom like tomorrow?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
:retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: Another round of spikes: Mox Diamond (esp. the FTV version. :stare: ), Recurring Nightmare, Grim Monolith (again), Serra's Sanctum, and basically all non-Plateau duals. :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

:retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: Another round of spikes: Mox Diamond (esp. the FTV version. :stare: ), Recurring Nightmare, Grim Monolith (again), Serra's Sanctum, and basically all non-Plateau duals. :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

Jesus loving christ I hate mtgfinance folks. I'm never going to be able to get a diamond or opal at this rate for a remotely reasonable price.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Opal is at least likely getting a reprint in the next Masters set (unless it eats a Modern ban, lol), but Diamond you're poo poo outta luck I guess.

Buy counterfeits.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

God I can't wait for this bubble to burst.

Also of course the one dual I still own multiple copies of is the one that doesn't spike.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Shortest Path posted:

Opal is at least likely getting a reprint in the next Masters set (unless it eats a Modern ban, lol), but Diamond you're poo poo outta luck I guess.

Buy counterfeits.

Ban Mox Opal. Unban Chrome Mox. :v:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I always look at my Stronghold cards and think "I don't even remember playing Stronghold, where did these come from?"

Should probably sell my playset of Diamonds instead of using them in my kitchen table storm deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AlternateNu posted:

Why is the FTV one so much more money than the Stronghold one?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Just buy every card now BEFORE they spike, idiots

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

mcmagic posted:

Why is the FTV one so much more money than the Stronghold one?

TCGplayer listings to manipulate the Mid, it's about the same in reality.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Lone Goat posted:

Just buy every card now BEFORE they spike, idiots

That's what I keep doing but the dirty shops keep canceling my orders! How am I supposed to make a profit if these stores won't let me?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So basically I should go into any random bulk rare and just buy it out because since it's on the reserved list I now own them all and thus can set any price I want for City in a Bottle!!!

Nevermind.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Just won a seal round on mtgo with lich mastery. Card is pretty fun in that it turns all your healing grace and compasses into ancestrals. Would be fun to build something in constructed with it.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I don’t think the bubble breaks until mtg changes their overall printing philosophy or the game is dying.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

But I need my plateau to go up :(

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

checkplease posted:

Just won a seal round on mtgo with lich mastery. Card is pretty fun in that it turns all your healing grace and compasses into ancestrals. Would be fun to build something in constructed with it.

There has to be at least a t2-3 deck come out using it, there are just too many synergies.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

uggy posted:

I don’t think the bubble breaks until mtg changes their overall printing philosophy or the game is dying.

Either a recession, or a run on the market (though I don't know what would cause that) could cause it too.

In other news, time of ice is extremely frustrating to play against

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
I am kinda looking at building a ub panharmonicon deck, but I don't want to shell out for scarab god. Is there another good finisher to replace it?

Another deck I was looking at is bg winding constrictor, especially the explore variant. Would untamed kavu be playable in that? I read a lot about constrictor decks having aggro problems, but don't know what the limits of standard playable is. Similar question for Song of Freyalise and the monument lands.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

A Moose posted:

It was incredibly unfun when Nantuko Husk was in Standard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

It was incredibly fun when Nantuko Husk was in Standard.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Angry Grimace posted:

It was incredibly unfun when Nantuko Husk was in Standard.

The only thing wrong with the Nantuko Husk decks was Collected Company.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Nantuko Husk saw almost no play without rally, he wasn't the problem. The only deck that ran him "fairly" was a jank UB Aristocrats deck with Whirler Rogue and Rogue's Passage for out of nowhere turn 5 kills. The deck was awesome though cause it kind of played like affinity w/o the counters.

moush fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 26, 2018

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I think that my favorites are Green, Selesnya, Bant. I don't think anyone has picked Bant yet. Whats wrong with Bant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

I think that my favorites are Green, Selesnya, Bant. I don't think anyone has picked Bant yet. Whats wrong with Bant?

It's my 2nd favorite shard and my 3nd favorite 3 color combination. I hate UG(x) in general but Bant is sweet because it's bad at everything. Just like RUG.

Edit: to clarify, no matter what you want to do, you can always be better at doing that thing if you take out one of the colors and change it to another. The only exceptions are casting creatures with the type spirit in modern and Natural Ordering into Empyrial Archangel. And actually I'm not sure the latter is true anymore.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 26, 2018