Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I checked and couldn't see one, normally they're named something like "secrets thread" or whatever!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/228891-super-robot-wars-x/76459165

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Oh, no. Play Asia is completely out of Singapore PSN codes. Are there any digital delivery alternatives that are both legitimate and fast?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Also, hot tip: the new Spirit command, Resolve, is insanely good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Oh, no. Play Asia is completely out of Singapore PSN codes. Are there any digital delivery alternatives that are both legitimate and fast?

My friend used https://www.seagm.com/ for theirs. They got the code instantly.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
More Sakura Wars 2 going up shortly, this time it's Christmas.

edit: stream over!

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 24, 2018

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

I'm blind as hell, thank you!

edit: its coming out in 22.5 hours!

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 24, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7azwtTo1mM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRBKZJ98IoE

Speaking of secrets, the fact that both of these two are fighting Mask might mean you have to recruit them first, then get Mask using them as part of the recruitment chain.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
So how long does it usually take for the secret bible to come out? Cause I won't be able to play until next month at the least and I want to know if I'm going to have accurate steps to secrets or if I'm basing everything off of people's guesses.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly if it's a non mook unit I don't see the point in including it if you aren't going to give it at least three attacks, ESPECIALLY if it's able to be used by the player

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
They're only going to be used by people who really want to use them anyway because they'll still never be as strong as a line-up full of protagonists.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I ordered a physical copy so I can always have the SRW game that's in English along side the older games and my copies of SRW OG/OG2. Can't wait for it to get here.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferno-sama posted:

So how long does it usually take for the secret bible to come out? Cause I won't be able to play until next month at the least and I want to know if I'm going to have accurate steps to secrets or if I'm basing everything off of people's guesses.

I think I saw something about it coming out the first or second week of May.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I went ahead and looked up some links (in Japanese) for people starting the game tomorrow:

Birthday info

Upgrade carryovers

Assumed secrets, listed in a timetable by stage

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly if it's a non mook unit I don't see the point in including it if you aren't going to give it at least three attacks, ESPECIALLY if it's able to be used by the player

If they ever do tag in Cima, she will have exactly three attacks: Vulcans, Saber, Rifle.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm broke so I'm gonna have to wait until the game or psn singapore cards are on sale. :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cima's final attack is Kou piercing her with the Dendorium's cannon and shooting through her

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

HitTheTargets posted:

If they ever do tag in Cima, she will have exactly three attacks: Vulcans, Saber, Rifle.

I mean, that's all the Gerbera Tetra had in Alpha 3, so...

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Tae posted:

Cima's final attack is Kou piercing her with the Dendorium's cannon and shooting through her

You joke but I can't wait for the inevitable HD redraw of that monster.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I can live without 0083 except they should make every gundam theme song Men of Destiny.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tae posted:

drat you say some rough things.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Still working my way through SRW V.

Was playing last night and had Soji's portrait drop off on the between-missions menu when I was saving and he was replaced with Ange. Is that just a "highest level character is shown here" thing or did something actually happen/is something about to happen?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Still working my way through SRW V.

Was playing last night and had Soji's portrait drop off on the between-missions menu when I was saving and he was replaced with Ange. Is that just a "highest level character is shown here" thing or did something actually happen/is something about to happen?

Its the character with the most kills who's currently in the party.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
For the record, thanks to the wonders of time zones, SRW X appears to be unlocked now if you bought it through the Playstation Store.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Nice! Have fun, all!

As a free non-spoiling tip, I read earlier that one of the things involved in getting the alt ending is having 25 aces by late in the game.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Sounds like V then, nice!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

As long as it is not like V where you have to do something the story portrays as a bad thing to go the alternate round the first time through. I'm looking at you Wave Motion Cannon.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really want to play this thing but I have a backlog and I promised myself I'd get through the drat thing before I start buying another game.

One of the games is FFXV so it may be a while.Everyone else have fun.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is there a 'correct' choice for the different dogma grades? recovering sp seems way better than getting 10% HP and EN back, but I have no idea how the math checks out for the grade 2 choices.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Honestly, apart from the one that gives you more TacP (this is the objectively correct one, money is way easier to get than TacP), I've found the Dogma you unlock for Xelguard to be more important than the passive in a lot of cases.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Bidding this thread a temporary adieu until my copy arrives, because I'm a strange physical copy person. On the plus side, despite getting the shipping notification yesterday and the goods being in Hong Kong right now, estimated delivery is Friday?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In my opinion:

Tier 1:
Repair Boost: Easily the most useful. 10% HP/EN Regen offers a lot more flexibility than 2 extra will gain or 2 extra SP gain especially considering turn limits and so-on.

Tier 2:
TAC Points for sure. Money is plentiful, Tact points are rarer and the things you buy with them more important.

Tier 3:
This is the iffiest one. I'd say the one that reduces the EXP/Cash multiplier spells is the most useful but any of them can be really useful. The Attune/Foresight one is the least useful since those tend to have the lowest costs IMO but YMMV

Tier 4:
The +10 Morale one is probably the objectively best in terms of damage output and overall stats but honestly range and movement can both be useful too.

Tier 5:
This depends helluva on your team comp though at the end of the day it's PROBABLY Infight that is the most handy.

Tier 6:
Starting with +10 morale is infinitely more useful than the other two options.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't know about the regen. 10% HP/EN doesn't matter much over the course of a turn and honestly hurts a couple of units (Wataru, Ange, Suzaku), while 3 extra SP/turn is worth at least a couple levels of SP Up for every unit on the team. I've been in a few situations where it pushed me over one Spirit's cost on the last turn.

Also, I don't remember a ton of "finish the entire stage in 3 turns" situations. It's more often "finish the first phase/eliminate these enemies/take out the midboss in 3 turns, and then the stage continues."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I like the regen ability in V at least because it let's you be a little less conservative with certain attacks and abilities, especially since it stacks with any other HP or EN regen parts or abilities you have

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I think the only time I've had serious EN problems is in the very early game with units like Dunbine and Might Gaine Classic, without a ton of upgrades and before there's TacP to go around for EN Save and Rescue Skill, and in the chapter where you have to fight 20 copies of Embryo that all spam EN Drain.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
How did expert mode turn out?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Is there a pile of DLC like there was for V? Because I had fun with that and need to know if I have to buy another SEA PSN Card Code while I wait for my physical copy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

Is there a pile of DLC like there was for V? Because I had fun with that and need to know if I have to buy another SEA PSN Card Code while I wait for my physical copy.

Yep. Same exactly deal. A bunch of bonus scenarios which unlock items.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Hows the english translation of X anyways? Is it basically as good as V's was?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

OneDeadman posted:

Hows the english translation of X anyways? Is it basically as good as V's was?

I can't say since I haven't played it yet, but...

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/989290331958009856

This gives me a lot of trust in how good it must be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Again: big thanks to Hokuto every time.

• Locked thread