Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

I dunno but since one of them is doing the white nationalist OK symbol I assume they suck

John Cena does that hand gesture and he does not suck despite the crowd chanting that he does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Bunni-kat posted:

Law lives and dies on interpretation of words, using a word to mean something else literally makes you wrong.

TIL Twitter is a courtroom

e: If there were a law in the UK saying "the government can't intervene in health care", and a US citizen filed a suit claiming they had in this case, then there'd be merit in the distinction. But this isn't that. It's one person on Twitter saying "government shouldn't be involved in health care" and another saying "haha you're so dumb you don't even know what the government is" when the two people have different definitions.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Apr 25, 2018

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/notearsviolet/status/989225418942308352

:eyepop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

More liberal intolerance I see.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Besesoth posted:

e: If there were a law in the UK saying "the government can't intervene in health care", and a US citizen filed a suit claiming they had in this case, then there'd be merit in the distinction. But this isn't that. It's one person on Twitter saying "government shouldn't be involved in health care" and another saying "haha you're so dumb you don't even know what the government is" when the two people have different definitions.

If you are commenting on politics in the UK, you should know the British, i.e. relevant, definitions of the terms you're using? That doesn't seem hard. Dragging someone for being an American chauvinist is well deserved mocking of an idiot.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

They'll be back.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

chitoryu12 posted:

"...Liz Lemon!"
I can't stop looking up Kanye West's tweets and adding this to the end of them but that's not really a problem. "Harvey Levin of TMZ your hearing from your future president. Let's be friends. Please never use the word erratic to describe a person who is economically and psychologically empowered, Liz Lemon!"

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/989170149034004480

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Push El Burrito posted:

He was literally forcibly institutionalized a couple years ago. But drat if he doesn't make some good music.

You hear the intro to Power and want to yell at the assholes in your pool.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Glukeose posted:

I think I might actually die laughing if my mother ever said the words "I was thinking about those incels..."

Even worse: “I;m thinking about thos incels”

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

seen people posting screenshots from their accounts that show otherwise. with so many in such a short period, I assume it's a twitter glitch

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

World War Mammories posted:

seen people posting screenshots from their accounts that show otherwise. with so many in such a short period, I assume it's a twitter glitch

I wonder if he's gaining MAGA chuds as fast as he's losing other people and the update algorithm can't cope.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Bunni-kat posted:

Law lives and dies on interpretation of words, using a word to mean something else literally makes you wrong.

What if you're American and you're talking with an Australian about thongs?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

World War Mammories posted:

According to socialblade he's exclusively gained followers since he reactivated his twitter.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Puppy Time posted:

What if you're American and you're talking with an Australian about thongs?

The world ends in hellfire.

Besesoth posted:

Someone is commenting on a legal matter to a lawyer, and being sanctimonious about it. It doesn’t need to be a courtroom for a lawyer to tell a layperson that they are wrong on a legal issue, including legal use of words. Go back and re-read how it started, because you’re also wrong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Len posted:

That was a weird week in news. Swayze died and a woman at Yale was murdered and stuck in a closet by her lab assistant but Kanye was what people noticed.
I don't know what internet you were using at the time, but I saw posts about Swayze everywhere.

Puppy Time posted:

What if you're American
Then you're wrong.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Bunni-kat posted:

Go back and re-read how it started

I have, and it's pretty clear you haven't, but this is a dumb derail where people are being willfully obtuse on both sides.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/989290133366095872?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Besesoth posted:

I have, and it's pretty clear you haven't, but this is a dumb derail where people are being willfully obtuse on both sides.

Lol many sides, many sides.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Change my name to WendyHello

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/AmericanMex067/status/989287286499033088

My favorite: "first to allow blacks into Maralago", which wasn't actually a membership-based private club until long after Trump bought it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Besesoth posted:

https://twitter.com/AmericanMex067/status/989287286499033088

My favorite: "first to allow blacks into Maralago", which wasn't actually a membership-based private club until long after Trump bought it.

Is he saying that Marjorie Merriweather Post never hosted any black people at Mar-a-Lago while it was her private residence (possible, but she was a great patron of the arts so it would have been a bit unusual), or that the National Park Service didn't allow black people there while it owned the property (that seems extraordinarily unlikely)?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AlbieQuirky posted:

Is he saying that Marjorie Merriweather Post never hosted any black people at Mar-a-Lago while it was her private residence (possible, but she was a great patron of the arts so it would have been a bit unusual), or that the National Park Service didn't allow black people there while it owned the property (that seems extraordinarily unlikely)?

The quote in the picture he linked is that Trump had an integrated club in 1995 which as far as I can tell was somewhat progressive of him, but this MAGA chud (What's Spanish for chud, anyone?) has basically assumed that Mar-a-Lago was always a country club and that Trump opened it up to everyone*.

*for a very limited given value of everyone.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/989298968462020608

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm not an incel, just dysphoric, gosh.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I want someone to respond to her with Lucas's "There are no gays in Star Wars" and see how she reacts.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Whu...wha?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Besesoth posted:

I want someone to respond to her with Lucas's "There are no gays in Star Wars" and see how she reacts.

wait what

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Jar Jar Binks is exclusively straight.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

T-man posted:

Jar Jar Binks is exclusively straight.

The most unbelievable thing in the entire series.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/988658786037460992

"I know, let's just put whatever tweets are from verified accounts with the right hashtag in here. What? No we don't have time to proofread the tweets, you know they're up to 280 characters these days!"

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Besesoth posted:

Tell that to Finn and Poe.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Popular myth from a misinterpreted quote on an MMO forum. There's a Star Wars MMO called The Old Republic that launched with romance options for each class - exclusively straight ones, with a promise that same-sex romances were planned and would be patched in soon after launch (incidentally, they weren't, a few bisexual romance options were added in an expansion years later). A Bioware dev on the forums, responding to people complaining about the absence of gay people in the game, said that people in Star Wars don't call themselves gay or straight, they're simply attracted to who they're attracted to and no one makes a big deal about it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Popular myth from a misinterpreted quote on an MMO forum. There's a Star Wars MMO called The Old Republic that launched with romance options for each class - exclusively straight ones, with a promise that same-sex romances were planned and would be patched in soon after launch (incidentally, they weren't, a few bisexual romance options were added in an expansion years later). A Bioware dev on the forums, responding to people complaining about the absence of gay people in the game, said that people in Star Wars don't call themselves gay or straight, they're simply attracted to who they're attracted to and no one makes a big deal about it.

okay see i'd heard of that but hearing that something came from lucas made me think it was some other story i didn't know about

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Bunni-kat posted:

Whu...wha?

It isn't a new trend by any means; but lately there's been a big surge of TERFs who loudly proclaim that they have no gender, gender is a tool of the patriarchy to oppress women, only sex matters, trans people totally deserve respect...but only if they stop invading women's locker rooms etc.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damnit, wrong thread.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

jivjov posted:

It isn't a new trend by any means; but lately there's been a big surge of TERFs who loudly proclaim that they have no gender, gender is a tool of the patriarchy to oppress women, only sex matters, trans people totally deserve respect...but only if they stop invading women's locker rooms etc.

So recycling good rhetoric on race into horrific rhetoric on gender. Gross, but clever.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Yeah dude that's Kanye, just fuckin up queen songs non stop for the past 20 years. That silly rear end in a top hat.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

trickybiscuits posted:

I can't stop looking up Kanye West's tweets and adding this to the end of them but that's not really a problem. "Harvey Levin of TMZ your hearing from your future president. Let's be friends. Please never use the word erratic to describe a person who is economically and psychologically empowered, Liz Lemon!"

I no longer have a manager. I can't be managed, Liz Lemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The Werewolf Bar Mitzvah remix is going to be fire.