Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

KOMI posted:

I might be reading you wrong but you can pick which turtle you want by swapping the gear (Masters Bo Staff is Don, Party Time Nunchakus is Mikey, etc)

Player 2 can't pick gear in Versus, unless I'm mistaken? So it's always one of the others against Leo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Player 2 can't pick gear in Versus, unless I'm mistaken? So it's always one of the others against Leo.

press square/X on the vs screen. it will show your different gear loadouts. customize your loadouts for the other turtles (to make them into the other turtles) in the customizes character menu. You only get 3 until you reach level 10 then you get another slot so you can have all 4 turtles.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MrJacobs posted:

press square/X on the vs screen. it will show your different gear loadouts. customize your loadouts for the other turtles (to make them into the other turtles) in the customizes character menu. You only get 3 until you reach level 10 then you get another slot so you can have all 4 turtles.

No, they're right. Player 2 can't use Player 1's gear or loadouts in local multiplayer. I believe on consoles you can create a second account which you can load for multiplayer but I'm not sure how that would work with Steam. it would kind of suck anyway if you cared about gear because you'd have to unlock everything again.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Regrettable posted:

it would kind of suck anyway if you cared about gear because you'd have to unlock everything again.

*shudders*

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They really need a better system for local play.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How about an "opt out of gear stats and stat-based gameplay in exchange for having everything unlocked" mode?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

McSpanky posted:

How about an "opt out of gear stats and stat-based gameplay in exchange for having everything unlocked" mode?

You can already opt out of gear stats so it seems really dumb that they haven't done this, but apparently they consider it a feature to gently caress over Player 2.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

use tournament mode, when you pick the turtles it pops up a selection window to pick which one you want. gear is randomized and only cosmetic

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

but my...dolly dress up

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

use tournament mode, when you pick the turtles it pops up a selection window to pick which one you want. gear is randomized and only cosmetic

Oh hey, that does work. Gear appears to be default, not randomized, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/974697005019627521

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

WTF? Just give me the classic/Lynda Carter outfit! Its not loving hard!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Just watched the legendary stream. Here are some highlights.

- All current regen tokens are being turned into credits, as they were only programmed for levels 1-20. New regen tokens will work for levels 1-30.
- New legendary multiverses for DLC characters.
- Character multiverses now reworked to give more high (20+) level gear, and have extra missions at the end to give level 25/30 epics
- New learning center that teaches higher level play styles (zoning/anti-zoning, pressure, meter management, etc.) Gives boxes and source crystals when completed
- Redone TV show multiverses (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends, Krypton) are being redone with new boss fights that give legendary gear sets.
- Most importantly, GREEN ARROW FINALLY HAS A HOOD!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Nooooo I have so many tokens

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hup posted:

same this is super hosed up, I do not need all these credits and I am not sure it is productive to use the tokens all right now even :(

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hup posted:

codenameFANGIO posted:

same this is super hosed up, I do not need all these credits and I am not sure it is productive to use the tokens all right now even :(

It was either this or introduce a special 21-30 currency that you'd have to grind.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/976590180013416448

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So... is the credit cap going up? Cause if not I assume my tokens will disappear into the blockchain or whatever

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Grem posted:

So... is the credit cap going up? Cause if not I assume my tokens will disappear into the blockchain or whatever

The credit cap is actually much larger than the 9,999,999 that the game displays on a lot of screens.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ok thats pretty cool

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Technowolf posted:

- New learning center that teaches higher level play styles (zoning/anti-zoning, pressure, meter management, etc.) Gives boxes and source crystals when completed

Did they show these in any detail?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Did they show these in any detail?

Yeah, they went into two of them. It actually gives a lot of information and tips, including some frame data (for block pressure at least).

E: Here's a link to the full stream if anyone wants it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241303480

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
FYI the title update was today, and all the changes are in effect

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dunno if it's a glitch or a rebalance, but a shitload of my gear changed value. Some got way higher, some dropped hundreds of credits.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQoB4tEH-w0

:stare:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lol, some of my character's Legendary Multiverse requirements are hosed. It shows me as having only done 250/3,000,000 damage with Doctor Fate, yet I somehow have completed the Master Battle Simulator on hard, done 100 Supermoves, and ended 100 matches with Guidance of Nabu. I also have to sacrifice 250 more rare or better gear for several characters because it doesn't recognize that I already did that.

e: Yeah, looking at this more closely some of my character stats have been almost entirely reset.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 27, 2018

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Also, I've opened about 600 gold boxes today and 80-90% of the epics it's been giving me are for Black Manta. I've gotten over 100 epics for him and 3-10 for most of the other characters.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Regrettable posted:

Lol, some of my character's Legendary Multiverse requirements are hosed. It shows me as having only done 250/3,000,000 damage with Doctor Fate, yet I somehow have completed the Master Battle Simulator on hard, done 100 Supermoves, and ended 100 matches with Guidance of Nabu. I also have to sacrifice 250 more rare or better gear for several characters because it doesn't recognize that I already did that.

e: Yeah, looking at this more closely some of my character stats have been almost entirely reset.

The new level 30 thing has killed my interest in even getting any more guys to 20. 30 is way too much.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Leveling everyone else to 30 means less listening to Tara Strong's performance as Harley. This is a net negative.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Are any of the goon guilds active enough to kick folks so new player can get in (on ps4)?
Also what are some good characters to try for someone who hasn't been into fighters for over a decade, and clearly now has old man reflexes? Hellboy has worked for me pretty well so far, and so has Ollie and oddly enough Black Canary.
I mean seriously, I used to be great at KoF games, and now I can barely finish the tutorials for how to combo.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Are any of the goon guilds active enough to kick folks so new player can get in (on ps4)?
Also what are some good characters to try for someone who hasn't been into fighters for over a decade, and clearly now has old man reflexes? Hellboy has worked for me pretty well so far, and so has Ollie and oddly enough Black Canary.
I mean seriously, I used to be great at KoF games, and now I can barely finish the tutorials for how to combo.

Batman and Catwoman are both fairly easy to learn, although timing Catwoman's super correctly is annoying.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

don't feel too bad about this; netherrealm games can be kinda hard to adjust to at first if you're used to other fighting games, especially when it comes to combo timing

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since this thread is bumped, I might as well add that in a couple months we're getting an Injustice vs. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic miniseries.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

dont even fink about it posted:

Batman and Catwoman are both fairly easy to learn, although timing Catwoman's super correctly is annoying.

Never use supers

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Oh cool, they fixed the bugs I was complaining about.

quote:

General Gameplay Adjustments

Move list corrections and improvements to AI logic
Fixed an issue with progress tracking on page 3 of Legendary Multiverses
Made UI Improvements to Infinite Transforms
Inventory advanced gear filter can now sort up to level 30
Fixed an issue that was causing some players loot drops to favor Black Manta or Hellboy gear over other characters
The missing level 30 Augments which increase Defense are now available (Tank, Steamroller, Juggernaut)
Gear earned in Story Mode can now be regenerated past level 20 up to level 30
Changed Level 30 Base Health of Cyborg, Supergirl, Starfire, and Enchantress to 1175 (from 1100)
Fixed some Text & Grammar issues in Learn Mode
Adjusted the conditions for the finals tasks in Advanced Blocking Tutorial and Corner Combo Tutorial to be more consistent
Character Tutorials will no longer sometimes award rewards when they are skipped
Fixed a soft lock that could occur after disconnecting a controller during a character tutorial demo and then skipping the lesson after reconnecting the controller

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oberst posted:

Never use supers

Can't you get some crazy damage out of Bane's?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Oberst posted:

Never use supers

Rather never use supers unless your opponent has low health and you combo into it. Otherwise you run the risk of getting clashed on your next string. You also get more damage using ex moves in combos than wait for super. Not to mention using rolls or escapes

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hup posted:

Can't you get some crazy damage out of Bane's?

Yeah but only with lv3 venom. Hope you really like dice rolls since if you miss you are screwed

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Oberst posted:

Never use supers

Right? They're literally never worth it, especially against other humans. BUT SUPERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

Since this thread is bumped, I might as well add that in a couple months we're getting an Injustice vs. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic miniseries.

Wait excuse me? I'm so mad that there won't be extra He-Man DLC or something now. Give me Skeletor and He-Man drat it.

• Locked thread