Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Alacron posted:

The fact that Thor has two hammers and is not smashing them together is a total missed opportunity imo.

Toshimo posted:

He did that on the previous page.

I feel like posting more will just keep raising questions until we get all the way back to issue #1 but eh :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Such a strong viking metal name.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Glad to see that over 250 pages in we're still observing the thread title :black101:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
My favorite part of that entire sequence is the final panel. "So Thor Died. Again. It happens a lot actually."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

AnonSpore posted:

Glad to see that over 250 pages in we're still observing the thread title :black101:

Suggesting it was probably the best thing I've ever done for these forums. :black101:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
aw yeah that's the stuff

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pretty much just Thor God of thunder

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mr. Maltose posted:

My favorite part of that entire sequence is the final panel. "So Thor Died. Again. It happens a lot actually."

I'm pretty sure does it so he can battle his way out of Hel.

Thor's at his best when everything looks like a heavy metal album cover. Case and point look at his movie's, the first two were lacking but when the third was just Thor and co going from ineheavy metal album cover to another it was great.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There must be an easier way of doing this but I flipped my monitor setting around to get a better resolution cause this is a really good page

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm trying to explain to some folks why Moon Knight is Cool and Good, so if you are sitting on any good panels, :justpost:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Toshimo posted:

I'm trying to explain to some folks why Moon Knight is Cool and Good, so if you are sitting on any good panels, :justpost:

Connellingus posted:

Few are as badass as Bill Sienkiewicz.

(Moon Knight Vol. 1 #9, 1981)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Issue 2 of Ellis's run.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine I posted the entirety of Moon Knight #5 from Ellis’ run.

Also some of #1. And all of 6 too. Actually it’s all badass just tell them to read that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also some of #1. And all of 6 too. Actually it’s all badass just tell them to read that.

That's the one that's just 22 pages of "The Raid," right?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Edit:

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 24, 2018

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why'd he throw those bullets at moon knight?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I love how if you look close, that blade is definitely drawn there the whole time. It's so unobtrusive though you completely overlook it the first time you read the sequence.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Choco1980 posted:

I love how if you look close, that blade is definitely drawn there the whole time. It's so unobtrusive though you completely overlook it the first time you read the sequence.

Last panel of the first page you can see he's throwing it too (and it was established in his hand a few panels before), but the gesture also looks like he's just gesticulating as he talks. Very cool.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Last panel of the first page you can see he's throwing it too (and it was established in his hand a few panels before), but the gesture also looks like he's just gesticulating as he talks. Very cool.

And just to point this out before it comes round again. He says "Not anymore" because he just moon shurikened the guy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Although he pulled another one out after because Moon Knight is first and foremost a huge lying jerk!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Whoops. Wrong thread. :blush:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Demon: Hell is Earth #6

And the first thing Etrigan does with it:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The "corpse/remorse" couplet doesn't quite work.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Why not? The words are pronounced the same.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's an imperfect rhyme but if Blake can rhyme 'symmetry' and 'eye' then Etrigan gets a pass.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

“Inverse of remorse” is also quite a stretch

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

did they have to draw the poop being pulled out of merlin's corpse?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

“Inverse of remorse” is also quite a stretch

Eh, I like it. It's such a stretch that it loops around from being ludicrously dumb to ludicrously enjoyable.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Etrigan is forced to rhyme. He is not forced to rhyme well.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Vans are exclusively for Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo, pal.

Not a panel or cover, but it should be.

Panel from Frank Cho's Shanna the She-Devil minil - I could have sworn there was a cover or pinup with more dinopunching in that run, but quick search doesn't bring it up.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ecavalli posted:

Eh, I like it. It's such a stretch that it loops around from being ludicrously dumb to ludicrously enjoyable.

That’s fair, though i appreciate this image

Elfface posted:

that he’s constantly irritated and struggling to come up with rhymes, so he’s really just half-assing it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

The fact that he doesn't bother with meter half the time is evidence of that.

Or that comic book writers make lousy poets. One of those two.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

The fact that he doesn't bother with meter half the time is evidence of that.

Or that comic book writers make lousy poets. One of those two.

The latter, I think. An intuitive understanding of meter is quite hard to develop, and a lot of people (even people with English degrees!) have an understanding of poetry that boils down to "rhyming couplets of roughly similar length", or like an abab rhyme scheme if they're feeling fancy. Meter isn't generally taught in American high schools apart from a brief nod to iambic pentameter. No-one's out here knowing what a trochee is.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Armchair freestylers itt

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Android Blues posted:

The latter, I think. An intuitive understanding of meter is quite hard to develop, and a lot of people (even people with English degrees!) have an understanding of poetry that boils down to "rhyming couplets of roughly similar length", or like an abab rhyme scheme if they're feeling fancy. Meter isn't generally taught in American high schools apart from a brief nod to iambic pentameter. No-one's out here knowing what a trochee is.

Hendecasyllabic 4 lyfe, 22x7x363

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Hendecasyllabic 4 lyfe, 22x7x363

I think that I shall never see,
Twenty-two by seven by three-six-three

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

did they have to draw the poop being pulled out of merlin's corpse?

its not poo its viscera. chunks of flesh and parts of organ it was RIPPED out.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Thaddius the Large posted:

That’s fair, though i appreciate this image

that he’s constantly irritated and struggling to come up with rhymes, so he’s really just half-assing it.

"for rhyming demons, nothing vexes quite as much as 'orange'. It's not precise, but in a pinch I often go for 'whore binge'."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Parahexavoctal posted:

"for rhyming demons, nothing vexes quite as much as 'orange'. It's not precise, but in a pinch I often go for 'whore binge'."

Door hinge in a Louisiana accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Or, as one poet noted,

quote:

In Sparkill buried lies that man of mark
Who brought the Obelisk to Central Park,
Redoubtable Commander H.H. Gorringe,
Whose name supplies the long-sought rhyme for "orange."