Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Spellbook Soraka wouldn't be literally the worst thing ever tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rakan felt real squishy with nothing in the Resolve tree. Gonna try Resolve primary, item CDR secondary (just the 40%, boo).

Cauldron Moose
Dec 25, 2010

Actually a duck

The Shortest Path posted:

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Soraka to get 5 stacks asap, get banner and zzrot and ohmwrecker 

This would be fun but none of the domination keystones seem that good on her.

I have a friend who plays Predator Soraka, because he likes running really fast to get in range for heals.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Cauldron Moose posted:

I have a friend who plays Predator Soraka, because he likes running really fast to get in range for heals.

This would be make for league Play of the Game poo poo right here

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Olaf jungle with predator, righteous and banner.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Sion's ult starts accelerating from his current speed if it's under 950 so predator would make it harder to dodge.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

which hero lanes alright against a top sion?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Olaf jungle with predator, righteous and banner.

This is almost as funny as my above mentioned Hecarim play because a lot of the time you're playing into a jhin or a varus and they just don't have time to try to outmaneuver a tank rocketing into them at mach 10

Come to think of it, Jhin really is one of the best ADCs to against because you can just imagine he's fumbling to reload his stupid gun shouting "Wait wait waitwaitwait oh GOD" as you charge at him

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

i would take garen personally, but the real answer is whatever you are comfortable with because the mild advantage of champion matchup is far outshone by champion experience

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I've only been trying to play top recently and I only play Sion, but have no idea what to pick if the enemy picks him first

Garen makes sense to Q after he uses E and you spin him away I guess

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

Lifesteal and sustained damage dealer with chase.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

I've only been trying to play top recently and I only play Sion, but have no idea what to pick if the enemy picks him first

Garen makes sense to Q after he uses E and you spin him away I guess

garen is just able to put the screws to sion in a real way and can leverage that to get lethality online before sion can tank up, his kit is strong against sion but the bullying power is my best bet for dealing with it as sion is a very strong pick

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gnar is also a decent pick against most tanks.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Maokai is a decent match up against sion since you can interrupt his q with yours, you're just as tanky, and you have more sustain than him.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pog boyfriend posted:

i would take garen personally, but the real answer is whatever you are comfortable with because the mild advantage of champion matchup is far outshone by champion experience

It's this. If you're playing at, like, below diamond or whatever, just play what the gently caress you like and learn how to play your bad matchups better.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

frajaq posted:

Cho'gath imo. Always keep your w up and you can cancel his fully channeled q. Build abysal first and ignore his e dmg. You have insane sustain in your kit + you take grasp.

Maokai is probably good too but imo if you are good on Cho you will have way more game impact than Maokai especially in soloq.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Just Play Yorick

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sion has more damage then other tanks so you'll lose fighting him unless your constantly using your tools to interupt or dodge him, in which case it's a stalemate, he has trouble against jumpy types like riven if your good enough to actually play riven well and don't just jump randomly into his Q while he is charging it or jump in front of him with all your hops on cooldown.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just heard about the changes to ranked, how badly are league players melting down about ranks being per position instead of global

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
0?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

We both know this isn't true

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I just heard about the changes to ranked, how badly are league players melting down about ranks being per position instead of global

most of the reddit posts i read were along the lines of "oh now everyone is just going to troll when they get offrole riot you loving IDIOTS"

jokes on them id troll them on my main role too hehehe

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Radical posted:

most of the reddit posts i read were along the lines of "oh now everyone is just going to troll when they get offrole riot you loving IDIOTS"

:stonk:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Radical posted:

Well riot said if you win when you are autofilled or offrole you will get an LP/MMR boost for your next win on your main role. 1 off role win then 1 main role win would be like 2 main role wins if you lose offrole.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
often people don’t give a poo poo about off roles as is. i’d be surprised if a deferred value somehow changed that

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ulio posted:

Well riot said if you win when you are autofilled or offrole you will get an LP/MMR boost for your next win on your main role. 1 off role win then 1 main role win would be like 2 main role wins if you lose offrole.

It’s gotta just be an LP boost, aka totally meaningless. They’re not going to use MMR as a reward, that makes no sense. The point of MMR is to give you a 50% chance of winning each game.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

It’s gotta just be an LP boost, aka totally meaningless. They’re not going to use MMR as a reward, that makes no sense. The point of MMR is to give you a 50% chance of winning each game.

Giving a boost so that you can rank up in your main role at the same rate you would if you only played it is not terrible or entirely meaningless

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Giving a boost so that you can rank up in your main role at the same rate you would if you only played it is not terrible or entirely meaningless

But if your rank is above your MMR you get less LP from winning and lose more from losing. It’s basically like borrowing LP that you pay back after you get promoted.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

if they hadnt saturated the game with loot crates, key fragments for everything that you do and free poo poo like ward skins, something as simple as "your off-role games will be measured separately and if you're found to be a good little boy you'll get a reward" might have had staying power but as it is i dont think people give a poo poo anymore

edit: the more i think about it, the less i like the idea of splitting roles into different ranks. it'll encourage more poo poo like jax mid or yasuo bot or whatever because ultimately the average diamond player is going to get way better results just picking their favourite champ into whatever lane or role they get than they are picking something people are comfortable with. i know if i were playing against silver players or whatever i could just go mid irelia and have fun, but that doesn't really create fun games for the nine other people

also i eagerly await "IM A MASTER YASUO TOP MAIN AND YOU SHOULD SWITCH WITH ME FOR A FREE WIN" every loving game

in conclusion, the system i havent seen in action yet is bad

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 27, 2018

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should remove the samurai, invulnerable ninja, invincible ninja et al from the game, which would be a real improvement instead of this pie in the sky thinking.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

strong bird posted:

They should remove the samurai, invulnerable ninja, invincible ninja et al from the game, which would be a real improvement instead of this pie in the sky thinking.
Let's simplify this into just removing all general weebery from the game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm cautiously optimistic but it does seem exploitable

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

strong bird posted:

I admire the dedication to you are gimmick

strong bird
May 12, 2009

no gimmick here friend, just one man's crusade against myself and others having to play vs ninjas who can opt to be invincible, invulnerable and have 50 blinks in a game where everyone only gets 1

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I want mid lane to be only ancient wizards shooting spells at each other. The most immobile dust-rear end sorcerers, ryze is too fast, i want Xerath or slower

strong bird
May 12, 2009

alright heres my ideal lane breakdown, i think this would be good for the meta and the competitive scene as well, last game i watched was like 4-2 at 40 minutes

top: tanks or whatever garbage (the fencer girl and so on can go here but if you pick them the game physically prevents you from leaving top so its like your own little game up there)
jungle: same as top but they have lifesteal
mid: powerful wizards
adc: gunners and archers (i.e. people who flunked wizardry school and had to stoop to mundane means)
support: a wizard but with barrier, and make barrier work like heal does - instant support

archetypes to dumpster immediately, or gradually over time:
ninja
samurai
anyone who can make themselves or anyone else have gold health
anyone who can traverse walls
anyone who can go invisible (they forgot to add dust to this game, so c.f. invincible)
anyone with a blink (could maybe just get rid of the blink instead)
anyone who can exit the game world
all the boring melee supports with fun spells but garbage ultimates that arent spells (cow, pudge, pudge 2, etc)
frogs

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the most illegal angle in summoners rift
https://i.imgur.com/kzmey51.mp4

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
So is top lane still the least impactful lane right now? Because after some self reflection I've concluded that I belong in the least impactful lane in the game.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

strong bird posted:

the most illegal angle in summoners rift
https://i.imgur.com/kzmey51.mp4

Meanwhile my doubleups refuse to bounce to anything not directly behind their original target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

oh yeah I forgot to mention, anyone who can put up a shield that deletes any and every projectile i nthe gme should be deleted and anyone who has cast those spells more than an arbitrary but fair amount of times (lets say 100, so a healthy handful of games) should have to do community service