Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nick Soapdish posted:

Quick, who's the CinC?

I can’t hear you lalallalalallalal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I was trying to continue the alternate timeline job and going for the joke answer of Bernie

:chiefsay: very disappointed in all of you

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The President and Vice President are the Castro Twins. If you think the president is someome silly instead, you may be posting from a parallel joke universe.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
My DRB was today. I'm going up, but the base CMC remanded it to my Schoolhouse CoC, which is... a good thing? I've never even met the CO of the base, that would have been a poo poo show for sure (not that today wasn't.)

Then I got to spent three hours at dental. So I'm drinking tonight.

Hooyah.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

My DRB was today. I'm going up, but the base CMC remanded it to my Schoolhouse CoC, which is... a good thing? I've never even met the CO of the base, that would have been a poo poo show for sure (not that today wasn't.)

Then I got to spent three hours at dental. So I'm drinking tonight.

Hooyah.

Well, don't leave us hanging, are you Class I or I Dental?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

My DRB was today. I'm going up, but the base CMC remanded it to my Schoolhouse CoC, which is... a good thing?

Lmao

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wow, what a first week back. As if our battalion's banner deployment couldn't have gotten more noteworthy, one of our men was murdered in front of a bar.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Uhhh....

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

maffew buildings posted:

Wow, what a first week back. As if our battalion's banner deployment couldn't have gotten more noteworthy, one of our men was murdered in front of a bar.

What the gently caress?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

maffew buildings posted:

:stonk:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
VA nominee admiral getting poo poo for handing out teddy bear packs. Amongst other things too but Lol.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

FALSE ALARM, NOT A MURDER, JUST A SUICIDE.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maffew buildings posted:

Had he undergone suicide prevention training

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

One of the guys in his squad said he was at dental when they did the face to face training. This is looking real bad

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

One of the guys in his squad said he was at dental when they did the face to face training. This is looking real bad

Hope someone didn't gundeck a 3500 or poo poo is gonna roll down hill

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

Why would you commit suicide outside a bar? Was Jody there with his significant other?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lol

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hope someone didn't gundeck a 3500 or poo poo is gonna roll down hill

If someone was comfortable enough to gun deck that the poo poo may learn to levitate. What am I saying it's the military.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

:golfclap:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

McNally posted:

The master chief walked awkwardly into the hospital room, the combination hat in his hands slowly being turned in circles as he unconsciously showed his nervousness. When he realized what he was doing, he set it on the chair by the door and stepped over to the young petty officer's bed. He took a glance at the notecard in his hand and tried to speak, but his voice caught. He took a breath, cleared his throat, and tried again.

"Hey there, shipmate," he said, forcing a smile onto his face. "I heard you're having a rough time." His eyes moved to the bandages on the sailor's wrists, wrapped all the way up to his elbows. Down the block, not across the street, he thought. drat. He glanced at the notecard again. Words from above. The answers he sought.

"Have you completed suicide awareness training?"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That really is one of the best posts in the history of GIP. Maybe the internet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I hope I got the navyspeak right. I was army.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Sailor is murdered. "gently caress that's awful. Imagine what his family must be going through."
Sailor commits suicide. "gently caress that's awful. Imagine how much GMT his command is going to get."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Cerekk posted:

Sailor is murdered. "gently caress that's awful. Imagine what his family must be going through."
Sailor commits suicide. "gently caress that's awful. Imagine how much GMT his command is going to get."

Actually no. Both my post and Proud Christian Mom's are direct references to a quote from the investigation report into my wife's suicide in which her unit's higher command inquired whether or not she had completed suicide awareness training prior to her suicide.

It's dark humor viciously mocking how out of touch Big Army (or Big Navy, in this case) is from the rank and file.

tl;dr smdftb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

Actually no. Both my post and Proud Christian Mom's are direct references to a quote from the investigation report into my wife's suicide in which her unit's higher command inquired whether or not she had completed suicide awareness training prior to her suicide.

It's dark humor viciously mocking how out of touch Big Army (or Big Navy, in this case) is from the rank and file.

tl;dr smdftb

It's also 100% accurate to how almost every command handles a suicide attempt.

We had a few people try to off themselves, and every single time the investigation asked whether suicide awareness training had been given to the servicemember. Because as everyone knows, Suicide Awareness GMTs are magical plot armor against a fit of sadbrains combined with actual capability to act on sadbrains, that is brought on by lovely coworkers, lovely leadership, overwork, homesickness etc.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 26, 2018

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

HHQ are always going to CYA because that is about the only thing they are good for

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
He should have left a note blaming the suicide prevention training.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
After my DRB (and three hours of dental work) I went home and slept for 14 hours. When I woke up my wife had thrown away all of our pain medication because she thought (probably correctly) that I was coming down with the sadbrains. I laughed and told her that I wasn't bitch-made, it was gonna be my safety razor if it ever came to that.

So then she threw that away and now I have to use a loving Gillette. I'm gonna point to that as the last straw in my suicide note just to gently caress with her, lol.

I am not going to kill myself, I wouldn't do that to my kids.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Your wife is good.

Take her out to dinner or something.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I always thought autism was a disqualifer from service but this guy is the monotone deadeye dude I’ve run into in a while.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I always thought autism was a disqualifer from service but this guy is the monotone deadeye dude I’ve run into in a while.

We wouldn't have nukes or CTIs so it can't be

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Laranzu posted:

We wouldn't have nukes or CTIs so it can't be

So my son joining some day is a possibility still...

gently caress.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Just sell him some weed and narc on his rear end

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
*first double post of my posting career*

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 26, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

We are going to do some all hands resiliency training, and families are welcome. Reviewing the color spectrum should solve things :)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Godholio posted:

That really is one of the best posts in the history of GIP. Maybe the internet.

That and the marrying a JO post are wisdom. Fuckin nail on the head.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is self-checking in for dangerous consumption of alcohol a DQ in the us navy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If you're already in, no, it should not be. If you're serious I can get a couple guys to talk to you who know the deal/have really solid careers that are still climbing. I can speak to the getting help and sober part, I did it well before I joined so I don't have experience with a mil component though

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is self-checking in for dangerous consumption of alcohol a DQ in the us navy

No. I know plenty of people that did that and have advanced in their career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If need help you should absolutely do it, better to raise your hand then have the finger pointed later. After my DUI I found out that the support system within the military for alcohol abuse is robust and forgiving. There are a lot of sailors working through the same issues and my experience with the programs within the navy were extremely worthwhile.

Edit: If you are weighing the pros and cons you should just ask your DAPA. The tone and approach is 100% different than day to day regular navy and honestly gave me an opportunity to catch my breath from the regular optempo of navy life.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 28, 2018