Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Someone serve me up a Hairy Roberts.

No seriously I need that photoshop of the drink mixing game.

Stat.

There will be no catte tax until I get it.

This is how I make my videos.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Let’s not ignore the casual racism.

Ianascloalp but maybe gun culture in the states is racist and sexist and filled with idiot manchildren because of things that aren't guns. Unless guns cause that and I never received the memo.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyLoon posted:

Yay! Only working Anime Gun Car out of three in my probie. :3:

And there have been several games that have really made their story mesh seamlessly with the gameplay. The first season of The Walking Dead game by Telltale, Spec Ops: The Line, Darkest Dungeon, heck despite the fandumb blowback, Undertale is deffo this as well...all of these games have a central narrative that is propped up in a huge way by the gameplay in such a way that it'd be lesser for it if it weren't a game.

It's also kinda the reason as to why I'm completely onboard with dancey cat, crobear and all this poo poo being more the official story of SC for me, than whatever dribble they write out ingame - because the bugs and bullshit preclude it from being anything other than this sort of insanity.

You're kind of in luck here, because this stuff is the game.

Really nobody is going to care about the theme of Star Citizen if it goes anywhere. Nobody cares about the melodrama of the instrumentally paced heart tugging Sq42 story (unless you're literally Chris Roberts).

People want this to be Eve Online except action based. I don't even know what Eve is about except space ships and trading and betrayal of players. Nobody cares about the story except it's supposed to be in space, super action, and everything Eve is except even more.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Stat.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oh gently caress the glass shader is better?! Hot drat I bet the game is totally playable now! :psyduck:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Be sure to not vigorously rub your gun near the trigger while you are ironically making a gif of "cleaning my gun by rubbing lol, with my cat while playing Star Citizen and watching wing commander the poo poo tier movie".

I already died for the sins of Wing Commander

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You seem very healthy for a dead guy. What's your secret? Is it watching Wing Commander? Should everyone do that more?

The forgot the most important question: will there be a stream that will cause mass-extinction of goons (cause of death: laughter)?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 26, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

You seem very healthy for a dead guy. What's your secret? Is it watching Wing Commander? Should everyone do that more?

Chugging a 2l of pepsi and an extra large extra vheese pizza. Daily.

Also the daily viewing of wing commander

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dementropy posted:

CitizenCon-2948-Announcement

What Should I Bring?
Money.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Even Citizencon has a better refund policy then the game.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
It makes me sick, honestly. I swear "living breathing (x)" is turning into a trigger. Steve Bender didn't even want to call what they're doing AI because it was too advanced in its ambition to be reduced to such a lowly term. CIG's characters are living and breathing and practically sentient beings. They're not just programmed entities behaving according to parameters set by their programmers.

I'm sure Bender is popular with Chris simply by virtue of being an unironic amplifier of the same hyperbole Chris has slung out for more than half a decade. They'll have gameplay when they have a vertical slice for Squadron that players can play through and measure against the satisfactions already experienced in other story-centric titles with ground and/or ship combat and branching narratives. They can keep postponing that true unveiling indefinitely and have many incentives to do so, because right now, an hour long mission in squadron is very surely mostly a walking and flying simulator with very light, unsatisfying combat moments, stupid puzzles, and long rear end rides on a monorail so you can see where the money went. Oh how those assets will shine in those non-gameplay moments, and surely there will be some like Batgirl who will just marvel at the beauty of their third iteration on glass shading tech and say "THIS is what next level gaming is all about."

But no, it's not. It's just next level watching Chris is focused on and that's what you're going to get just like we did with Wing Commander 4. SIT. WATCH. LISTEN. MARVEL.

Behold what a quarter of a billion dollars has produced, a full motion interactive movie based on a plodding script about Winning Your Daddy's Love (SPOILER) only to lose him in a sacrificial third act heartbreaker that Chris believes will make gamers feel emotions never before felt in gaming because LUKE SKYWALKER DIED TO SAVE YOU BUT NOT BEFORE YOU EARNED HIS RESPECT AND HE FINALLY BOTHERED TO LEARN YOUR NAME.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

they forgot the hygiene reminder

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Contingency posted:

But nobody else is even trying! Everyone else is crapping out Call of Dooky 8 and Battlefail 9. Publishers aren't willing to take chances, and Star Citizen backers have given them a middle finger--we want amazing games instead of console ports. I for one am willing to wait as long as needed for a polished game rather than the rush job publishers crank out every year. You snowflakes need to learn patience. "What polish?" you asked? You morons don't even know what "Alpha" means. "A feature-complete release?" Ok Derek Shart, you're reported, but let me lay this sick burn--everybody knows this game is coming out. CIG puts out videos every week showing amazing progress and when you come crawling back to this game if I ever run into your ship I'll make sure you're "taken care of." Now begone troll.

Totally agree. If it were a scam there wouldn't be 400 employees and lots of multinational teams all working together. :colbert:

Checkmate, goontiflas.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

2,400 tickets? Really?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol,

gently caress YOU, WE'RE KEEPING YOUR MONEY

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Slow_Moe posted:

Well, if it is any consolation, the people going into the anime coffins are usually dead first, and as such does not feel the painful sting of embarrassment.

The fremdshamen is so great the embarrassment surpasses death itself. While they play their trumpets, other angels stop playing and slowly look at the anime angel until they are the only one playing. Then after a while they too stop playing and hang their head.

If they went the other way, all of hell gets this televised to them and for a while, the whole place laughs at this one person and some sub-demon comes up to them and says, "You make me disgusted to be here, and I usually love my job."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

I had trouble understanding his string of words so I turned on captions... thanks...

"he couldn't give me a reason why that wasn't I couldn't tell me when it was coming either, obviously he also said that's good"
"and really to we'd be going to the evocati confirmed that before it goes live just before it's ready they can hammer out some more bugs and we will be getting the Squadron 42"
"I've said one on the roadmap at some point what is your opinion on all the ships being available to buy at all times versus current artificial limitation"

Ok I get it, you can't put together a cohesive sentence with a start, middle, and end. Your style is just to mumble out the info, "roadmap... Squadron 42... evocati... bugs..." but this is the most successful Star Citizen streamer according to patreon. Backers eat this up.

Beet called Star Citizen a money tornado, he's right.

This is what made SomethingJones a hero for me. :)

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Daztek posted:

lol,

gently caress YOU, WE'RE KEEPING YOUR MONEY

They never learn. Whatever you write on your site, it doesn't overwrite the law.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

$87 for a couple hour power point presentation? Isn't that remarkably expensive in relation to real conventions?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

phosdex posted:

$87 for a couple hour power point presentation? Isn't that remarkably expensive in relation to real conventions?

Seems like a kinder price scaling than they do on their spaceship jpegs compared to how much regular jpegs cost.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

phosdex posted:

If you bought into the earlier power point presentations they were cheaper. Allay your FOMO by buying your ticket now.

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Tippis posted:

He cut out all salt and all fried foods.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

XK posted:

2,400 tickets? Really?

They will find last minute fillers, a lot of them.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

monkeytek posted:

They will find last minute fillers, a lot of them.

Ben can fill all the remaining seating places, even if no ticket is sold.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Around the Verse - Bringing Gameplay to Life (SQ42 Update)”

UK update puts the critical work upfront. The glass shader has been improved!

Oh man, Steve Bender reaaaaaallly lays it on thick. Their "Gameplay story" discussion is driven by animators and Bender is full-on depicting AI so advanced that it can't even be called AI anymore because these characters are "living breathing beings" in Chris Roberts single player universe.

Yet this same "living breathing" technology was actually UP FOR BACKERS TO VOTE UP OR DOWN IN PRIORITY IN THE RECENT POLL? Give me a break,

"If you reboot me, do I not" sound_2332a.wav not found

"I'm hankering for a good" "procedural" "egg" "meal tonight. I'm looking forward to" "drinking" "it!"

"I'm so" "real" "that I will be your favorite waifu/husbandu forever! For all" "this release" "!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bootcha posted:

Stat.

This is how I make my videos.

You're a really good artist and painter! It's so lifelike!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You died for nothing. :(

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I know this will never happen, but at least back in the day they put some effort into their lies. I think there were even photoshops of their blade design for that ship.

Now a days, they just lie and say they'll do stuff but don't even make a picture of it. :(

Come on, CIG, go back to lying with a little effort behind it. :allears:

I feel like this stuff started to die off around the hull series. Like prior to that they had the ship with the farm and the science pods, but they showed pictures of how it will definitely work.

Then they got to the hull E or something with like two billion spaces for cargo, and they didn't even show pictures of how it'll be loaded. Now a days we know it'll be loaded by hand, over the course of 3 months and 50 players working non stop together in tedious unity and pleasure.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

The Titanic posted:

Then they got to the hull E or something with like two billion spaces for cargo, and they didn't even show pictures of how it'll be loaded. Now a days we know it'll be loaded by hand, over the course of 3 months and 50 players working non stop together in tedious unity and pleasure.

fidelity :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Here's a rare picture of a hull E being loaded by a daring citizen moments before embarking on an amazing adventure.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

If I was working in strong AI, I'd be really pissed at all these shallow expert systems claiming to be AI.

A state machine is not an AI.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
My favourite fantasy jpeg is the BMW 890 Jump* in front of the big city**

*890 Jump does not exist
**big city does not exist

THE FIDELITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

phosdex posted:

And you have to purchase food, accommodations, etc just to have the privilege to watch Chris talk at you on stage

This is somehow worse than one of those get rich quick seminars, because in this situation you get absolutely nothing in return for your money

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I want to talk curtly about my character concept for the game, let me adjust my in-game Honesty lever so I role play my character to maximum fidelity.

Though you know the AI is so real you might just mistake me for one of the 9 billion AIs populating the game. But I hope you'll notice me.

Honest. You can trust me. :grin:

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

The Titanic posted:

Here's a rare picture of a hull E being loaded by a daring citizen moments before embarking on an amazing adventure.

I'm assuming said adventure is called "The Sweet Release Of Death"", right?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I like how in that drink mixing photoshop the "artist" felt the need to steal the instruction graphic from a water bottle filling station, even though it would be nonsensical in a dispenser such as this.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blue On Blue posted:

And you have to purchase food, accommodations, etc just to have the privilege to watch Chris talk at you on stage

This is somehow worse than one of those get rich quick seminars, because in this situation you get absolutely nothing in return for your money

No, you also get the warm feeling that you're not alone, and other people, just like you, thought it would be a good idea.

* Single charismatic leader.
* People always seeming constantly happy and enthusiastic. Especially if you discover that they have been told to act that way for the potential new recruits.
* Instant friends.
* If you are told who you can or cannot talk to or associate with.
* They hide what they teach.
* Say they are the only true group, or the best so why go anywhere else.
* Hyped meetings, get you to meetings rather than share with you.
* Experiential rather than logical.
* Asking for money for the next level.
* Saying that they have to make people pay for it because otherwise they will not appreciate it. This is of course a very silly reason, plenty of people are able to appreciate things which they did not pay for.
* They do not allow their teachings or practices to be questioned. If you question, then automatically the group assumes that something is wrong with you. It can never be the case that anything is wrong with the group’s practices or teachings. Often they will try to shut you down by accusing you of having a “bad attitude”.
* They will push you to obey by using guilt. They will demand complete “submission” to the group, its leaders and its teachings. They will do this by making you feel absolutely rotten about yourself. They will ridicule you and attack any weakness you might have (or invent weaknesses you might have if they can’t find any). Their goal is to break your will by causing you mental anguish.

-- it's a cult.

The Titanic posted:

Honest. You can trust me. :grin:

It's set to '1'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Frank_Leroux posted:

I'm assuming said adventure is called "The Sweet Release Of Death"", right?

I left that open to interpretation by the reader. It's an adventure. :)