Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Very on brand though for silicon valley boners to buy so hard into a hype machine when there's an 0-9 record since 2014 sitting there. Wake me when you guys get a moment out of him like the tip seen round the world lol.

lmao you're so mad online

For real if Sherman picks off Wilson my soul will physically leave my body and I will ascend to an ethereal plane of poo poo talking

And Jerry Rice, Seahawk is nowhere near as painful as Jerry Rice, Raider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah, so mad the 49ers have won the pre-draft month :laugh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
pretending like losing half your starters is a good thing to own the drat 49ers fans

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm so glad trash-talking between Niners and Seahawks fans is back.

Because the Seahawks are trash.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I cannot deny that it sucks rear end to be almost as lovely as 49ers fans hope their team is

:smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm so glad trash-talking between Niners and Seahawks fans is back.

Because the Seahawks are trash.

Did someone queef in here? It sounds like a pussy just talked.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the tip seen round the world lol.

What’s Brett Favre got to do with this?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lmao I just realized Malcolm Smith is a 49er too what a world

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

But enough about that unstable fuckup, let's look at something amusing and cheerful.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyVolk/status/987816962049781760

It'll be all the sweeter to watch the Rams and a tanked Seahawks team embarrass a 49ers team that has pinned its hopes on, all of things, a half-finished Tom Brady clone

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Rams have a terrifying defense and I fully expect they will be able to beat the 49ers handily. The Seahawks, on the other hand... well, their two games are weeks 13 and 15, so injuries could matter a lot, but as things stand right now I don't think the hawks have much of a defense, nor is their offense looking too hot.

e. rams/niners is week 7, and week 17. The week 17 game is probably not going to matter for at least one of the teams (most likely the niners) so let's say I expect the niners to get beat week 7 for sure. I predict they'll be coming into that game at 4-2 or 5-1, though.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 23, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Better half finished than completely finished.

Like Tom Brady.

Who is toast.

:rip:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Handsome Jimmy will be fine. I know it's a small sample size but he really got them going and beat some good teams.

quote:

Garoppolo would win the final five games of the season for the 49ers, bringing the regular-season record to 6–10, the most wins by the team since the 2014 season. During the 5-game win streak, the 49ers would win 3 straight games over teams that eventually made the playoffs (Weeks 15–17 against the Titans, Jaguars, and Rams). From weeks 1–12, the 49ers scored just 187 points (17 points per game), which was in the bottom half of the league. During the 5-game win streak, the 49ers offense scored 144 points (28.8 points per game). The highlight of the year was during week 16, the 49ers scored 44 points against the Jacksonville Jaguars, who had the NFL's top scoring defense allowing just 14.9 points per game. The 49ers finished the season by being the only team in the NFL to go undefeated in the month of December. The 49ers also became the first team in NFL history to start a season 0–9 and finish with more than three wins.[1]

I believe the Rams win was against backups so that one doesn't count. Still, it's pretty amazing that a 1-10 team went 6-10 and all that changed was the QB position. Also pretty amazing, amazingly sad that is, that it ended up being the best season since 2014 lmao

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Niners are terrible but the Rams being good is a blight upon the NFL second only to the continued incompetence of every AFC team not named the Patriots

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I like the Rams :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

I like the Rams :)

you know what gently caress YOU for this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

The Niners are terrible but the Rams being good is a blight upon the NFL second only to the continued incompetence of every AFC team not named the Patriots

Actually bad teams becoming good is rad and exactly what needs to happen in the AFC if it doesn't want to be a joke.

If this was an open league, say every team played every other team one time, I'm not positive that a single AFC team besides the Pats would make the playoffs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Play posted:

Actually bad teams becoming good is rad and exactly what needs to happen in the AFC if it doesn't want to be a joke.

If this was an open league, say every team played every other team one time, I'm not positive that a single AFC team besides the Pats would make the playoffs

No Ohio team should get good because nobody in Ohio deserves happiness.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/annkillion/status/988682615338156032

oh well it was nice liking john lynch for a season

suck me from behind you amoral meathead

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I miss Jeff Fisher running the Rams. You could simultaneously laugh and hate them for 7-9 and Fisher being a shithead.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The Rams sucked but doing poo poo like fake catching punts to confuse seahawks players who are too true and good to believe a man would deceive them in such a manner was fun and cool.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Speaking of the Rams...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVit4vSAMsk

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

How's the face of LA gonna get a norteno tattoo on his neck. C'mon, son.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/989292077543387136

Oh cool someone got paid so now everyone will pretend Foster is a victim.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
They said there was a video of the fight with the other girl? Who knows.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/989292077543387136

Oh cool someone got paid so now everyone will pretend Foster is a victim.

I'm inclined to believe it, though the payoff possibility is real. A highly political deputy DA, who talked about using this case to send a statement? The whole process was handled in a bizarre way.

Edit: Seriously, this was the guy's opening statement when he addressed the press.

quote:

“Our focus is on holding accountable those who hurt their intimate partners,” Deputy District Attorney Kevin Smith said in a statement. “Our office handles between four and five thousand domestic violence cases each year. We only hope that this case illuminates the tragic regularity of the rest.”

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

I'm inclined to believe it, though the payoff possibility is real. A highly political deputy DA, who talked about using this case to send a statement? The whole process was handled in a bizarre way.

Edit: Seriously, this was the guy's opening statement when he addressed the press.

:laffo:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

:allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

it literally doesnt matter what happened, warcrimes would be in here talking about how the raiders were right

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

famous NFC West team, the Oakland Raiders.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

I'm disinclined to believe it until I see this video.

The felony gun charge also doesn't go away, and Foster has still given them plenty of reason to invest in some serious backup plans for filling his position.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

I'm disinclined to believe it until I see this video.

Fair, and totally understandable. The things he's accused of are reprehensible.

quote:

The felony gun charge also doesn't go away, and Foster has still given them plenty of reason to invest in some serious backup plans for filling his position.

This is true, but felony gun charges are notoriously hard to prosecute (I remember learning all about them from Aldon Smith's gun charges, pre-Raiders career); they have to prove knowledge of the law and intent to break it, not just possession.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Don't worry if he squeaks out of this one he'll probably gently caress up again soon.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

So Bluntman is the DDA? Nice.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

What’s the over/under for how far back the Seahawks trade in the draft?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bob Socko posted:

What’s the over/under for how far back the Seahawks trade in the draft?

I'd set the O/U around pick #40 for the first trade back. But also they could trade down several times.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Pete tweeted that classic Shaq/cat wiggle gif and I can't interpret that as anything but us setting our sights on Griffin which would be pretty cool by me but I would imagine that's predicated on trading down

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle-Dallas-ET trade talks have sprung up again. Centered around pick 50. Not even close to worth it imo. Even if Seattle lets Earl walk after this year, he'll still get us a 3rd round comp.

I'd rather have Earl for a year then a 3rd next year than a 2nd this year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 26, 2018

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/989555694931066880?s=19

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Pretty sure I've cracked the code: George Bush did 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He's just being a dick

• Locked thread