Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm running two ON1-Vs one with 2x ML, 1x AC20 and 1x SRM6 and the other is 2x LLs, 1x SRM6 and 1x SRM4 both with maxed armour and maybe 75 on back CT and 55 on RT and Lt. They do alright but it makes me laugh and cry that this is the poo poo they more or less ran up against Timber Wolves with. Helm Memory Core upgrades not withstanding.

Ahahahah

quote:

As I am playing through the campaign and reading through some of the extra material, I can see how my view is a little on the extreme side. All the main characters are of mixed descent, and the asian mechbay engineer is actually half Finnish (I guess it was too much for them to include ONE Russian in the game). However, seeing how the media is treating Russians I am bracing for the clanner DLC where everyone is a disfigured, scarred pilot who eats puppies.

As a German you must understand,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Eifert Posting posted:

My superpower government will dispute scientific facts in a way that directly contributes to the end of the world, but all the sudden (fictional) facts matter now. :negative:

I'm not that into the clan era myself, but don't worry man, modders will work on this poo poo. They're already doing some early ground work and experimenting. You'll have all your cool (dumb) clan mechs from MWO and stuff.

Highly modded hybrid catapult:

Look at the weapons on the left:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eifert Posting posted:

My superpower government will dispute scientific facts in a way that directly contributes to the end of the world, but all the sudden (fictional) facts matter now. :negative:

Well, someone's gotta respect a fictional timeline made by nerds in the 80s

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why does your shadowhawk have the ammo in the opposite side torsos? That means if you lose a side torso, one side's weapon is destroyed, and the ammo for the weapon the other side is also destroyed, meaning you effectively lose both side torso weapons.

Yeah, my only comment was going to be your ammo placement. Generally I put ammo in the legs and also put jumpjets and heatsinks with it. That way they have a chance to absorb a crit instead of the ammo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm not that into the clan era myself, but don't worry man, modders will work on this poo poo. They're already doing some early ground work and experimenting. You'll have all your cool (dumb) clan mechs from MWO and stuff.

:bisonyes:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:gizz:

gently caress yes, this game is going to have some legs with modding like this

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I like how prison break is arguably easier than the moon mission.

That's definitely a refinable issue as well as seen in this thread, the wonky slider for difficulty in missions.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Man I've got like 20 hours in this game already and I've seen a total of two assault mechs, one each of a Victor and a King Crab (the Crab killed my team and I had to reload and pick a different contract). A pair of Orions are pretty effective against the crowds of 60-70 ton dudes I'm running into at the moment

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kiva deleted her Twitter :( Hope you're ok isildur.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sebmojo posted:

game good, morons bad, g*merg*te morons especially bad

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
RIP Dekker, died on literally the first round of fire on one of the easiest missions I'd done for the past 5 hours or so, my lance of 3 heavies and a centurion vs 3 mediums. Their vindicator and a centurion both managed to score HS on him with consecutive shots when he had 5 evasive chevrons :stare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I also want more maps, from modding or otherwise. I just had a very distinctive repeat (it's the one with the big tundra cliff, and the assassination / whatever target spawned at the bottom both times).

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Are the pilots you hire randomly generated? Some of the voices are a little jarring, I've got one who looks like grace jones and sounds like the cop lady from Fargo

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Just bought this game and it keeps getting stuck on a seemingly infinite loading screen right before the first mission. It says "Coronation Day - Date blah blah blah" fades out, and then goes to a loading screen that never ends. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I just have to wait for a patch and hope it sorts itself out?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

sebmojo posted:

https://twitter.com/hbs_kiva ????

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Eifert Posting posted:

So two questions:
1. Does this game have Uziels?
2. I would like to place an order for 8 Uziels.

A man after my own heart.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The game can really keep you on your toes, sometimes you get warnings about your dropweight not being good enough, only to find the enemy consists of garbage tanks and garbage mechs,

Other times it's two lances of enforcers and firestarters

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I am legitimately awed at the depth of variety in this videogame. I have done 30+ missions, and have yet to run into one where conditions repeated.

Also, the amount of meaningful details in briefings is legitimately mind blowing (at least for me)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a way to just walk backwards while still facing the same direction? I've seen the animation for it but they always turn around at the end. Also, holy crap I didn't realize that ammo could explode. I've been putting my ammo in the torso (and sometimes the head!!).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'm playing through with the stock designs and only refiting mechs that have parts missing such as the one you get early on. I played TT BT from 1989 till 2000 so doing it this way makes it more like the weekend chapter battles we had where custom mechs were virtually unheard of.
Hopefully the campaign wasn't balanced with refits in mind or the late game might get out of hand.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a way to just walk backwards while still facing the same direction? I've seen the animation for it but they always turn around at the end. Also, holy crap I didn't realize that ammo could explode. I've been putting my ammo in the torso (and sometimes the head!!).

:allears: Ammo explosions are the best thing. Please keep your ammo in your head!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I must suck at this game because 2/3 skull missions are chewing me up to the point where I'm weeks in refit and losing money

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im looking forward to having the game kick my rear end later because its been a long time since a tactics game let you fall into a downward spiral

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Purestrain reddit here. The good stuff.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They can be brutal, I found the pilot skills and a decent weapon like an ac20 and ppc critical. Concentrating fire, eroding evade then finishing a mech.

Also trying the mission a different way, like killing reinforcements first instead of tackling the main objectives.

If the main objectives a tough enemy Lance you may still be able to get away with it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oh good then as u were.

Showed as a nonexistent account before idk wtf

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Synthbuttrange posted:

:allears: Ammo explosions are the best thing. Please keep your ammo in your head!

legs!!!

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

So after the novelty has somewhat worn off, here's where I'm at now:

Not enough contracts are available at a given time, and I can't figure out how to make new ones appear.

I'm not sure I want to see a single mission over 2 skulls, because right now those involve LRM carriers vomiting missiles into me, PILOT INJURY, PILOT INJURY, PILOT INJURY, and then if I even dare get close to them, their SRM carrier friend just vomits MORE loving missiles into me and if I'm not dead to pilot injury, I'm now knocked down with half my mech missing. This isn't a difficulty curve, it's a goddamn wall.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Every day is leg day.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
"save all the crates for some bonus cash!"

aw jeah gonna save all the crates!!!

5 turns later

NOT SAVING THESE CRATES

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Dear dudes getting owned by LRM / SRM carriers, get some LRMs and a guy with sensor lock and beat those sneaky assholes at their own game

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Myrmidongs posted:

So after the novelty has somewhat worn off, here's where I'm at now:

Not enough contracts are available at a given time, and I can't figure out how to make new ones appear.

I'm not sure I want to see a single mission over 2 skulls, because right now those involve LRM carriers vomiting missiles into me, PILOT INJURY, PILOT INJURY, PILOT INJURY, and then if I even dare get close to them, their SRM carrier friend just vomits MORE loving missiles into me and if I'm not dead to pilot injury, I'm now knocked down with half my mech missing. This isn't a difficulty curve, it's a goddamn wall.

each system has X amount of contracts

they refresh after Y amount of time

if you object to the current batch of contracts, it's increasingly cheap as time goes on to relocate

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Phi230 posted:

I must suck at this game because 2/3 skull missions are chewing me up to the point where I'm weeks in refit and losing money

The skulls are more of a guideline than a rule. Sometimes they're easier, sometimes tougher than they indicate. Assassinate missions are almost always harder than they indicate, for example.

Rascyc posted:

5 turns later

NOT SAVING THESE CRATES

That was a fun one. "Who needs bonus money?!"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rascyc posted:

5 turns later

NOT SAVING THESE CRATES

You only neee to save 6/8 :ssh:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anyone located the game saves in the game files? Returning from a trip and definitely want to slide my save from my laptop to my desktop

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Zore posted:

You only neee to save 6/8 :ssh:
yesssss

I still lost my AC20++ through the battle though, that's going to sting.

Has anyone found good returns on lowering your own rewards for reputation? Does reputation just give bonus rates on the shops? Meh if so!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rascyc posted:

yesssss

I still lost my AC20++ through the battle though, that's going to sting.

Has anyone found good returns on lowering your own rewards for reputation? Does reputation just give bonus rates on the shops? Meh if so!

they also give better contract rewards... in cash

realistically i don't think it's worthwhile unless you find yourself kicked down to cheaper contracts due to dead pilots or mechs

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The game does a really bad job of pointing it out but you can just drive around space where ever you like instead of following the next out of town contract. Do it if you don't like your current batch!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Holy poo poo DO NOT LET OPFOR KNOCK YOU OVER. I was doing okay, then my Commander's Captapult got tipped over and the enemy reinforcement lance came over the hill at the same time. Every single enemy went to town on her so now she's out for like 100 days and I have a loving hell of a reapir bill. Was lucky I managed to pull off a Good Faith Withdrawal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Things I learned in this .5 skull baby difficulty mission:

1. Sensor lock scouts are great until
2. enemy sensor lock scouts show up with
3. PPCs and who
4. Don't give a poo poo how much evasion and cover you have, because it is a
5. One shot kill on your little piece of poo poo and
6. You won't break the PPC before it one shot kills you

RIP Dekker, you were useful until the game showed me you were not and it was just luck you did anything of value. Now I have to wait literally 40 days to have enough mechs to play the game again. Good thing I took the money option.