Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
He gets poo poo done. Guess we are gonna host the world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is the president banned from the thread now?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Has RICO fixed FIFA yet?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

what's his username on here?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Welp. It'll be nice going on a vacation to Morocco I guess.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Babby Thatcher posted:

Jose

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

He gets poo poo done. Guess we are gonna host the world cup.

He's naturally gifted for the demands of landing a World Cup.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cant be, Trump prefers ignoring major hurricanes to riding them out.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pander posted:

Cant be, Trump prefers ignoring major hurricanes to riding them out.

I thought riding out Stormy was getting him into some bother recently

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Welp. It'll be nice going on a vacation to Morocco I guess.

Lol this is the best part. Our only competition is Morocco, time to throw a tantrum

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Smirr posted:

Lol this is the best part. Our only competition is Morocco, time to throw a tantrum

Tbf Trump is probably reacting to reports that Infantino is trying to rig the decision in favor of Morocco, as well as the reports that countries aren’t supporting the US bid because they loving hate Trump.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbf Trump is probably reacting to reports that Infantino is trying to rig the decision in favor of Morocco, as well as the reports that countries aren’t supporting the US bid because they loving hate Trump.

It would own a lot if the delegates gave the WC to Morocco because trump is too much of a moron to realise that it's not enough to be a brazenly corrupt legitimate ;) businessman ;) for FIFA to like you, no, you have to actually pay the bribes

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
im the only person in the world who has fond memories of the 1994 world cup

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

oliwan posted:

i do but i'm american and therefore not really a person

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

cannot wait for fifa to select morocco to host a 48 team world cup over all of north america because of big don

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Raffles posted:

cannot wait for fifa to select morocco to host a 48 team world cup over all of north america because of big don

nonces of the world rejoice

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think the guy that ended the Korean war after 65 years can handle a little soccer tournament imo

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

African AIDS cum posted:

I think the guy that ended the Korean war after 65 years can handle a little soccer tournament imo

Didn't know Kim Jong-un had put in a bid

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

oliwan posted:

I too enjoyed slow-motion football.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
It was alright. Bebeto celebration, mob killings, Baggio's hair

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Soft euro shites couldn’t handle a little nice weather

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Loved me some Stoichkov and Gheorghe Hagi

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Weaponized Cum posted:

It was alright. Bebeto celebration, mob killings, Baggio's hair

Nothing beats Maradona's coke-fueled screaming into the camera that ended his career.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Babby Thatcher posted:

African AIDS cum

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Troy Queef posted:

African AIDS cum

:trumppop:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Babby Thatcher posted:

Troy Queef posted:

African AIDS cum

lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Nothing beats Maradona's coke-fueled screaming into the camera that ended his career.

Troy Queef posted:

African AIDS cum

lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nuvPeNno5U

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm reading about Morocco's World Cup bid and some of the details in this story are truly amazing.

quote:

In a high-end restaurant overlooking the Atlantic ocean from the port city of Tangier, the Morocco 2026 bid chief executive presented his vision for a World Cup that for so long remained shrouded in mystery. It entered the two-horse race last August, running against a supremely confident and organised joint campaign from the US, Canada and Mexico.

For the first five months it was a virtual information blackout but now that Hicham El Amrani and his team have started talking, murmurs are the contest will be closer than expected. After apparent last-minute goalpost moving by Fifa in an attempt insiders suspect was designed to derail Morocco’s bid, simply making it to the vote in Moscow on 13 June would be an achievement.

The Guardian understands Morocco 2026 submitted a complaint to Fifa last month concerning the eligibility of four of the Fifa member federations to vote. As bidding nations, Morocco, the US, Canada and Mexico must abstain from voting but the US territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the US Virgin Islands have retained votes.

The Moroccan bid is based on a concept of Africa meets Europe, with 12 host cities and a stadium construction budget of $3bn. The plan is to build nine stadiums, of which six are modular allowing their capacity to be reduced after the tournament.Extensive renovations will be made to five existing stadiums. El Amrani and his team hope they can persuade the 207 remaining Fifa voting-member federations that Morocco, which has bid for the World Cup four times before, is now capable of hosting the biggest sporting event on the African continent.

It is widely understood the Fifa hierarchy – including the president, Gianni Infantino – would prefer the united bid, with its ready-made stadiums, infrastructure and accommodation provisions. That is not to mention a guaranteed $300m bonus payment due the governing body if the tournament is held in the US.

It is also understood that three Fifa Council members – Sunil Gulati from the US, the Concacaf vice‑president Victor Montagliani, and Sandra Fruean of American Samoa – have remained in meetings where they should have excused themselves.

There was believed to have been disquiet in the Morocco camp, too, about changes to the bid regulations 48 hours before final versions were due to be submitted in March.

The revised rules stated host cities must have a population of 250,000 or more – the Moroccan city of Ouarzazate falls short. A change that particularly raised eyebrows was the maximum drive between a host city and the nearest airport being reduced to 90 minutes – the journey between El Jadida on Morocco’s west coast to Casablanca airport had been estimated at 91 minutes.

A 0-5 judging scale was introduced and if a bidding nation falls short of two points on a key criteria it will be excluded from the race. Morocco has been visited twice by Fifa’s bid inspection taskforce and will find out at the end of this month whether it has passed that test sufficiently to make it to the vote.

“We were a bit surprised of getting the scoring system 48 hours before the deadline, which was not necessarily about methodology but about additional information required,” El Amrani said.

It was also surprised to see the US president, Donald Trump, getting involved in the race when Fifa rules outlaw political interference. Trump tweeted: “The US has put together a STRONG bid w/ Canada & Mexico for the 2026 World Cup. It would be a shame if countries that we always support were to lobby against the US bid. Why should we be supporting these countries when they don’t support us (including at the United Nations)?”

The South Africa sports minister, Tokozile Xasa, also said this week that her country would not be supporting the Moroccan bid.

El Amrani said: “My focus is on defending the values of the Moroccan bid, its values, its concept. But in relation to political interference, I think the rules are pretty clear. Fifa has to implement them. The bidders have to respect them.”

Asked if he thought the bid process had been fair, El Amrani said: “I will be able to tell you that at the end of May and then maybe on 13 June. All we wish for is a good game.”

Fifa did not respond to an approach for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/09/morocco-unveils-bid-2026-world-cup

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

I'm reading about Morocco's World Cup bid and some of the details in this story are truly amazing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/09/morocco-unveils-bid-2026-world-cup

Corruption in FIFA....you dont say

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Can't wait for the US led investigation to find loving nothing about those 300 million.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Trump will easily find a way to weasel out of having to pay that bill. It's the one thing he's truly good at.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

If the in-the-open bribe is 300m I wonder what we are paying behind the scenes

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Has America fixed soccer yet?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Simone Poodoin posted:

Has America fixed soccer yet?

yes it's good now, zlatan went on james cordens show and had some serious lols

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh trump shut the gently caress up i want my country to get the world cup with you nonces so my team can finally make the World Cup and I can watch them in person lose 4-0 to New Zealand

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

A proposal by the Fifa president, Gianni Infantino, to expand the Club World Cup dramatically and to start a league for national teams, for a claimed $25bn from unidentified investors, has met strong criticism from within Uefa.

Infantino, who faces re-election next year, presented the proposal in March for a new summer 24-club World Cup every four years, and a “Global Nations League” with a final eight-country round of matches, also every four years. He has told Fifa’s six confederations, including Uefa, that the investors are promising the projected $25bn for four editions of each competition over 12 years between 2021 and 2033. The investors were described as “among the world’s most solid” but are unnamed, as Infantino said he had signed a non-disclosure agreement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/uefa-gianni-infantino-club-world-cup

£25bn from unnamed investors doesn't sound like massive corruption and money laundering at all, but rather the true and unfettered spirit of football.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-possible.html

Lol burn FIFA to the ground

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

MrBling posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/uefa-gianni-infantino-club-world-cup

£25bn from unnamed investors doesn't sound like massive corruption and money laundering at all, but rather the true and unfettered spirit of football.
I’m pretty sure it’s been reported elsewhere that one of the big investors is SoftBank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I like how Platini is slowly morphing into Depardieu