Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CollegeCop posted:

Good lord, this one is a train wreck:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tridynamic/the-most-special-thingin-the-world/description

The video makes no sense, the backer levels make no sense, the description makes no sense,

Going to the website that is buried in the word salad (http://tridynamic.com/ ) isn't a whole lot of help. If you drill through to the Videos section, this is apparently a custom made tricycle for people (kids?) with handicaps.

Probably a good idea, but, Jesus, the campaign just makes no sense.

If you watch the video it actually suggests people have learning disabilities from falling off bikes

I mean I guess if you get hit in the head really hard that can mess you up but I don't feel like that's the number one cause or anything, awkward pitch video for your bicycle thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TetsuoTW posted:

As far as I can tell the product itself is a tricycle with a better seat and a rear wheel to stabilize it and prevent it falling over. The real mystery is the fuckin text.

Either this website was developed by a semi-sentient internet virus or its some elaborate modern art piece

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That's TimeCube-level jibber jabber.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
TIMECUBE 4: the Kickstarter.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

quote:

Risks and challenges

Helping Draining the Swamp will have certain risks as well as creepy challenges......however, looking into the eyes of the children, it is worth it.

Okay then.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This belongs on an infomercial.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

If you watch the video it actually suggests people have learning disabilities from falling off bikes

I mean I guess if you get hit in the head really hard that can mess you up but I don't feel like that's the number one cause or anything, awkward pitch video for your bicycle thing

otoh if you read the text it definitely suggests the writer has brain damage and probably from falling off a bike I would guess so vOv

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

God help us.

(Facebook link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.)

Heavy Hands
Jan 1, 2006

Helmut
the
Mysterion

CollegeCop posted:

Good lord, this one is a train wreck:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tridynamic/the-most-special-thingin-the-world/description

The video makes no sense, the backer levels make no sense, the description makes no sense,

Going to the website that is buried in the word salad (http://tridynamic.com/ ) isn't a whole lot of help. If you drill through to the Videos section, this is apparently a custom made tricycle for people (kids?) with handicaps.

Probably a good idea, but, Jesus, the campaign just makes no sense.

Reminds me of this old South Park skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Pn-PvhY_0

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Chop Sunni posted:

God help us.

(Facebook link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.)

The Facebook link in the backer reward works and takes you to a nonsensical post with a Soundcloud link https://www.facebook.com/jaysen.turner/posts/10213676833930007

The song that I guess you get as the backer reward would be like one of these? https://soundcloud.com/jaysen-john-ivan-turner

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Not a Kickstarter per se, but certainly in the spirit of the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy6nZr1J4Jg

Go on, guess how much it costs. Now guess higher.

$345 to $490

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trabant posted:

$345 to $490

No way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe they put Enrique out of a job.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's not a consumer product though, so it's expensive because it needs a sturdy motor that can run all day every day for years. Not sure about the environmental angle when they only show it with disposable cups with lids. Customers may not be thrilled to stand there while you spin their coffee back and forth for 20 seconds per cup.

It would be funny if some more-money-than-sense person bought one for their home. Put a normal mug in the spinner and get your whole room coated in a coffee.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a cup. That rotates.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's a blender. With no blade.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
It's a functional solution to a real problem: hipsters with too much money.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I noticed that they didn't show the Stircle being used on a coffee cup with no lid. Because in that case it would spew coffee everywhere. Which is a situation I can imagine happening with some regularity.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It's a cup. That rotates.
Looks like they embedded it into the table, unless they went with the tiniest motor and battery they could find for no good reason.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

maswastaken posted:

Looks like they embedded it into the table, unless they went with the tiniest motor and battery they could find for no good reason.

I'd just strap it to a radio-controlled car.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think that the existing widely available coffee agitating options are unsatisfactory.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Great Rumbler posted:

I noticed that they didn't show the Stircle being used on a coffee cup with no lid. Because in that case it would spew coffee everywhere. Which is a situation I can imagine happening with some regularity.

If someone sees a relatively quickly-rotating circle and decides to put their unlidded coffee cup on it, I don't think the problem is the circle.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

OH. What the gently caress. I thought it was similar to the calligraphy ink stirrer in which a tiny 'pebble' gently agitates the ink inside the pot. The pebble has a magnet in it, I think, and is tugged around by a separate magnet below, in a machine you put the ink bottle on top of.

Stircle dumb. I'd think it goes slowly enough that it won't splash super hot liquid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you want an expensive spinning cup, just go to Disney World, you'll have a lot more fun.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You can get a self stirring mug for like 10 bucks.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The coffee stirring thing is impractical and probably isn't even remotely green when you figure in manufacture, operation, and disposal. But's really satisfying to watch.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe they put Enrique out of a job.

Just lol if you don't have Enrique operate the Stircle for you.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Stircle says it's "for all cups" but it doesn't support a drat coffee mug with a handle.

The first time someone puts a narrow cup on there off center it's going to go flying

If someone fills their cup slightly too much and neglects to use a lid, coffee is going to be running down into the internals

The only use case for this I can think of is a coffee shop - where it could only be used by staff and it might actually dazzle the customer's eye a bit. And even that's iffy because of the added time it takes. Anyone who puts this in their "office, hotel, cafeteria or convenience store" (as they say in the description) is just asking for trouble.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

wa27 posted:

The Stircle says it's "for all cups" but it doesn't support a drat coffee mug with a handle.

The first time someone puts a narrow cup on there off center it's going to go flying

If someone fills their cup slightly too much and neglects to use a lid, coffee is going to be running down into the internals

The only use case for this I can think of is a coffee shop - where it could only be used by staff and it might actually dazzle the customer's eye a bit. And even that's iffy because of the added time it takes. Anyone who puts this in their "office, hotel, cafeteria or convenience store" (as they say in the description) is just asking for trouble.

I see where they messed up, they didn't add a bunch of bullshit health claims. People will wait 80 seconds to have the staff stir with this if you imply it cures cancer and broke dicks!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also, if you really think that swirling your coffee around is the green solution to not using a disposable stirrer, use your hand and not a device.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

klafbang posted:

It's a functional solution to a real problem: hipsters with too much money.

But taxation had solved this problem?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would a crowdfunded submarine that ends up with reporters being murdered, then chopped up, be considered an awful kickstarter?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I'm legitimately surprised that more crowdfunding projects don't end in blood being spilled.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Hi I'm here to report on your cool crowdfunded submarine!"
"Hi I'm going to leave an easily followed paper trail, murder you, and constantly change my story about what happened! I am not smart man! By the way have you seen my Stircle?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

🎶We all fund-ed
The murder submarine
Murder submarine
murder submarine🎶

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Stircle looks less to me like a real kickstarter and more like a student business project. It even follows the basic pitch deck of problem-solution-demonstration, with obligatory font, phrasing, and lovely music.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Reading this over makes it incredibly obvious he planned to kill her from the start (telling the crew the trip was cancelled, and then taking Kim Wall out alone), but what I wonder is, was the entire point of the Nautilus from the very conception actually just his personal murder-boat? It's a real chicken before the egg scenario.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Reading this over makes it incredibly obvious he planned to kill her from the start (telling the crew the trip was cancelled, and then taking Kim Wall out alone), but what I wonder is, was the entire point of the Nautilus from the very conception actually just his personal murder-boat? It's a real chicken before the egg scenario.

The guy is obviously mentally unstable person who thinks that he is above the laws of common people and can do whatever he wants to.

Simplified:
"Hey lets make a submarine out of basic supplies" --> actually happens
"Hey lets make a rocket out of basic supplies which carries person to the to edge of space" --> actually happens
"Hey lets murder someone and get away with no repercussions" --> ... the gently caress you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Only counts if his victim was also a backer.