Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

One of the harder aspects of GoW is remembering all the tools you have at your disposal when you're in the middle of combat.

I find the icons in the bottom left pretty hand for reminding me of the combos. The Symbols themselves are abstract nonsense but it's nice to see the buttons there :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The Fox News AI boss was at least neat looking.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/989526400196595712

I see you summoning animals boy, but let this be a lesson about thinking you are a wolf

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hate DmC, but it's a fine game imo. The combat isn't nearly as involved as the originals, but it's servicable as far as action games go and it looks very nice. The world is also pretty cool and they do some really loving dope poo poo with it imho, with the way the environment shifts and changes to taunt you and poo poo, and the aforementioned FOX News boss.

The problem is the story and the characters. They are awful and have a weird veneer of contempt for the source material that really rubs me the wrong way, because I can't tell if it's something that they put in the game from the beginning or a response to the backlash when Donte's design was revealed. Either way it just feels scummy instead of a fun way of throwing shade, which I woulda been fine with.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The thing that grinds my gears the most about DmC is that Dante smokes in it.

Kamiya was adamant about Dante being a non-smoker because he believed Dante was too cool to smoke cigarettes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I can't believe that Capcom OK'd the sniper rifle abortion scene

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I just watched the video lol I'm not spending ten dollars on this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I say as I smoke my cigarette ...

One day I'll be as cool as you, Dante. One day.

e: I played DmC w/o paying for it so that probably colours my thoughts on it being a good game. if i paid for it and had to put up w/ that horrible dante and that story i would be pissed tho. for any amount of money.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

JBP posted:

I just watched the video lol I'm not spending ten dollars on this.

You're gonna spend more on it now?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

shut up blegum posted:

You're gonna spend more on it now?

I saw the 300 yard lead abortion so the game is now worthless to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

wut

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I just started playing Monster Hunter World, and except for playing some of the previous entries for literally at most 5 minutes, this is my first MonHun game. How do I get the bonus collaboration stuff? I only just did the Pukei-Pukei hunt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lordfrikk posted:

I just started playing Monster Hunter World, and except for playing some of the previous entries for literally at most 5 minutes, this is my first MonHun game. How do I get the bonus collaboration stuff? I only just did the Pukei-Pukei hunt.

Do you mean the Dante/street fighter/megaman stuff or?

Your hunter rank is probably too low for some of those quests atm

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Some events were low rank (i.e. Horizon) but the more recent stuff has been high rank with a player rank requirement of... 14 or so?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The currently available collaboration quest (for Devil May Cry's Dante) requires Hunter Rank 14, and there's a new Street Fighter 5 one for Sakura coming early next month. Street Fighter 5's Ryu, Horizon's Aloy, and Mega Man have passed recently but don't worry, Capcom does do big seasonal events where they bring back all the events for a couple weeks so everyone can get the ones they missed. They just finished a Spring event a couple weeks back where Ryu and Aloy were up for grabs again, so if you just hold onto your hat you can get those when Capcom does their next seasonal event (or if they do some other kind of special event to bring them back).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Best be firing that SOS and rocking those story hunts until you hit some Elder Dragons.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Why do I have to be at work instead of being at home playing Yakuza 6? :(

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

Why do I have to be at work instead of being at home playing Yakuza 6? :(

Remote play + your phone + a bt controller.

Playing spelunky and Isaac and (especially) FFXII at work made me realize that the PS4 is, indeed, yes - the greatest console that’s ever been engineered by man.

Hell, next time I’m stuck at the airport for work I’m gonna try to bring my whole PSVR rig like in that semiviral pic.

E: post + profile pic

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

If you have an iPhone you’ll have to keep in mind that L3, R3 and the touch pad have to be shortcut’ed so FPS is more or less not an option (except Overwatch).

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I can't imagine playing Yakuza on a phone. I doubt I'd even be able to read anything in the menus (it's not as bad as God of War, but the text is still pretty drat small).

I wasn't convinced in the first hour (which is almost entirely cut scene) but played for a few hours last night and am hopelessly hooked. Waggling the controller and using the touchpad to stroke a baby's head to make him stop crying while running round town desperately trying to find milk is the most hilariously stupid thing.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL29x7Reh8

Warning: Loud

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is loving brilliant and I kinda have to play DmC now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

David May Cage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music in the final fight between Dante & Virgil is pretty good though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Guw posted:

Remote play + your phone + a bt controller.

Playing spelunky and Isaac and (especially) FFXII at work made me realize that the PS4 is, indeed, yes - the greatest console that’s ever been engineered by man.

Hell, next time I’m stuck at the airport for work I’m gonna try to bring my whole PSVR rig like in that semiviral pic.

E: post + profile pic

:aaaaa:

I had no loving idea you could remote play to your phone. I thought it was just a Vita thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Super Grocery Kart posted:

:aaaaa:

I had no loving idea you could remote play to your phone. I thought it was just a Vita thing.
Me neither...is that for real? I thought it was just Vita and PC for now. If you don't need a Vita anymore for portable remote play then that would mean the end of the Vita.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can do it to Sony phones so I would assume there's an Android app for it.

There's also an iOS app that's not legit but supposedly works great. Costs money though so I haven't tried it yet.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I can only imagine how many kids would use that to skip parental limits if they knew they can use a phone to remote play in the console.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My knowledge of Norse mythology has led me to go "yes, hell yeah, bring it on"

To "nononono nooo dammit"

And you know what I talking about. Games really good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

My knowledge of Norse mythology has led me to go "yes, hell yeah, bring it on"

To "nononono nooo dammit"

And you know what I talking about. Games really good.

I don't actually.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it was awesome when the guy did the thing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The cool thing about Norse mythology is that even the end of the world is awesome and everyone seems to be having a good time of it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I just beat Yakuza 0 last night, and what a ride. I was skeptical that the last chapter could deliver what with all those bosses lined up, and boy did it deliver.

So, what's next? Is Kawami the next one to play or do you jump to 6? I'm probably going to take a tonal break with either Prey or Persona 5. How long is Prey?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

If you knew who the stranger was during the fight banter, then you know what I talking about.

And is awesome

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

I just beat Yakuza 0 last night, and what a ride. I was skeptical that the last chapter could deliver what with all those bosses lined up, and boy did it deliver.

So, what's next? Is Kawami the next one to play or do you jump to 6? I'm probably going to take a tonal break with either Prey or Persona 5. How long is Prey?

Play kiwami immediately its continued the story directly

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Definitely take a break, back to back Yakuza will burn you out super hard.
Prey is very much on the shorter side, a good 20+ hours. Kiwami as well is somewhat smaller than 0 since it's based on a much older game. Think of it as an epilogue or expansion pack to 0.
Persona 5 can run you anywhere from 50 to 100+ hours.

Bombadilillo posted:

If you knew who the stranger was during the fight banter, then you know what I talking about.

And is awesome
It's interesting to see the reactions vary between people who immediately catch on to who the stranger is and those who think his identity is a big spoiler.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

And is awesome

Well, I don't. Sorry.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

^^^I forgive you

I figured they meant what yakuza game to play next. I too recommend playing something else in between

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

After I beat 0 I started playing other games but then all I could think about was Yakuza so I started playing Kiwami instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HGH posted:

It's interesting to see the reactions vary between people who immediately catch on to who the stranger is and those who think his identity is a big spoiler.

I'm familiar with the basics of Norse mythology but God of War plays fast and loose with the specifics while hitting some of the broader plot points. Some things you'll be able to guess, other things they flip the script a little. And obviously the presence of Kratos changes the dynamic quite a lot.