Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I still have a bunch of ships in the old Groon HQ in Syndicate.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
#freemadcows #Advertisementisk #wheresmyjustice #freesterling

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Groon is in a better place now, discord

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

don't hide that light under a bushel basket

Johnny Crowe
Apr 9, 2018
I'm like the bottom of the totem pole, Eve Goon, short SA account time, but I've had some PM's with Mittens and honestly. He's a pretty cool guy, he wasn't a dick to me? If you really want to try something i'd just try again.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hole squad can come back if they set up an awox insurance fund with me, just transfer the money to querns and i'll get ya sorted

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Johnny Crowe posted:

I'm like the bottom of the totem pole, Eve Goon, short SA account time, but I've had some PM's with Mittens and honestly. He's a pretty cool guy, he wasn't a dick to me? If you really want to try something i'd just try again.

can you spam alliance chat for a few months and try again??

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

andromache posted:

Phase 1 of The Great Goonwaffe Purge of 2018 is complete. We went from 3,764 characters in Goonwaffe to 950.

After that I engaged Bittey and Kilgarth and had them kick off the validator, which is why some goons are suddenly finding themselves without services. I also executed Phase 2 of The Purge, which was the removal of anyone who has not logged into any of their registered eve accounts in 2018. This honestly didn't affect as many as I thought it would. Looks like 35 characters and 22 accounts total.

Again, the reapplication process is the same, make sure all ESI is registered, make sure you've logged into your dudes, and then email newbies@goonfleet.com. You'll have to wait a week because of wardecs, but we are really close to having like a functional corp and I'm kind of excited. Have some ideas for rebuilding a goonwaffe identity again that I'll kick off when all the auth stuff is straightened out.

Man you're getting in the way of me bullshitting on jabber. Vacationers should be able to bullshit on jabber (or access the forum where they put the instructions for returning that linked in the PM that gets sent out when you're purged) :colbert:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

BeAuMaN posted:

Man you're getting in the way of me bullshitting on jabber. Vacationers should be able to bullshit on jabber (or access the forum where they put the instructions for returning that linked in the PM that gets sent out when you're purged) :colbert:

If you got beef about what vacationers do and do not have access to, take it up with Kilgarth or Innominate.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

andromache posted:

If you got beef about what vacationers do and do not have access to, take it up with Kilgarth or Innominate.

How?

:haw:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Evemail mittani to tell kilgarth to stop being the badmin

but be careful when you send that evemail because I called him a peglord once and suddenly last month my truck needs a new motor

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
look in not saying mittens came to my house and shot my truck with an old mauser while yelling something obscene at my neighbors in German, because he's generally a pretty stable guy and that would be really out of character for him

but eve is free now so you can just log in, do the esi stuff, and unvacation yourself

don't risk yourself

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 27, 2018

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Marxalot posted:

look in not saying mittens came to my house and shot my truck with an old mauser while yelling something obscene at my neighbors in German, because he's generally a pretty stable guy and that would be really out of character for him

You can never tell, i hear he looks people in the eye when speaking to them.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

andromache posted:

Post their contacts publicly so they can receive all the shitposting they deserve. Also so I can set them up with Alex Jones spam mail subscriptions.

tia

Marxalot posted:

but eve is free now so you can just log in, do the esi stuff, and unvacation yourself

Yeah but I have to wait a week because of the war decs and the CCP rules on leaving wardecced corps and all the auth stuff being tied to in-game crap. I'm being deprived of the always-active gunswarm chat Marx :allears:

Also when did SpaceGBS become opsec?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

BeAuMaN posted:

Yeah but I have to wait a week because of the war decs and the CCP rules on leaving wardecced corps and all the auth stuff being tied to in-game crap. I'm being deprived of the always-active gunswarm chat Marx :allears:

If you absolutely cannot wait a week, make a new account, make an alpha, and app with that.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

BeAuMaN posted:

Post their contacts publicly so they can receive all the shitposting they deserve. Also so I can set them up with Alex Jones spam mail subscriptions.

tia

Also when did SpaceGBS become opsec?

Oh poo poo I forgot about the wardec thing.

It's cool I'll pm you the 20 lines you missed when you come back :v:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Marxalot posted:

tia godbless

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If you absolutely cannot wait a week, make a new account, make an alpha, and app with that.

Done and done, doing this thing.

So much purging I need eye protection.

Edit:

Hooray. The heroic auth people fixed my poo poo. Still Alex Jones mailers for Innominate and Kilgarth though.

Edit2: Nevermind. Lost access again. :iiam:

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 27, 2018

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

Edit2: Nevermind. Lost access again. :iiam:

You were originally sponsored. Your sponsor isn't back in yet. Guess they patched that security hole.

Spies beware.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Maneck posted:

You were originally sponsored. Your sponsor isn't back in yet. Guess they patched that security hole.

Spies beware.

:shrug:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If you've got 100 posts or whatever shouldn't you be ok

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

In truth, if the goal had been to catch spies, everyone who did the ESI switch over correctly would have been purged.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

orange juche posted:

If you've got 100 posts or whatever shouldn't you be ok

You'd think, but apparently the validator has other ideas and also the pod bay doors won't open.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Marxalot posted:

Can you pm a condensed version of Solai's new series of books posts while i'm waiting the purge thing

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Maneck posted:

You'd think, but apparently the validator has other ideas and also the pod bay doors won't open.

To be fair, this is par for the course when a new thing by goons is introduced. At least it'll be spiffy once the bugs get worked out.

Dalael posted:

Can you pm a condensed version of Solai's new series of books posts while i'm waiting the purge thing

I think condensing them would take more effort than their worth :v:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

quote:

Paco Vato,

You're receiving this message because your goonfleet.com account no longer
qualifies for access. If you have quit Eve, or are no longer a member of a
friendly alliance please disregard this message.

As a Goonfleet member, you have been vacationed. In order to return, you will
need to follow the instructions here:

well dang.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

I can't help feeling that a message like that to everyone who wasn't compliant BEFORE they were kicked would have saved a lot of hassle.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

I got kicked out of Goonwaffe after 8 +years even though I'm actively subscribed and participated in Burn Jita. Clicking on the helpful link I was PMed leads me to a "You do not have permission to view this forum" page. Attempting to PM an Admin leads me to a 503.

In short, gently caress Goonswarm, gently caress goons. You goddamn morons. It never changes.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so you didn't do the esi thing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Chakron posted:

I got kicked out of Goonwaffe after 8 +years even though I'm actively subscribed and participated in Burn Jita. Clicking on the helpful link I was PMed leads me to a "You do not have permission to view this forum" page. Attempting to PM an Admin leads me to a 503.

In short, gently caress Goonswarm, gently caress goons. You goddamn morons. It never changes.

You didn't read the directorbot pings in Jabber did you :smuggo:

Apparently there was a shitload of directorbot pings as well as posts on the dead gay forum announcing that you should fix your poo poo or face a kick. I dunno because I could care less right now.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

orange juche posted:

You didn't read the directorbot pings in Jabber did you :smuggo:

Apparently there was a shitload of directorbot pings as well as posts on the dead gay forum announcing that you should fix your poo poo or face a kick. I dunno because I could care less right now.

I uninstalled Jabber a long time ago because directorbot never shut up. gently caress goons, etc. Time to reapply.

I'm just laughing at the dumb broken process for trying to recover an account. I'm a goon, I'm already a dumbass.

Chakron fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 27, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you can just block directorbot, which is what i did

turns out im also immune to forum vacation by being in a seperate mods group of which i and merkelchan (idgi) are the only members

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rapulum_Dei posted:

I can't help feeling that a message like that to everyone who wasn't compliant BEFORE they were kicked would have saved a lot of hassle.

except every single person in the alliance was not compliant -- why send 40,000 emails when you can ping instead, then deal with the small number of retards who are so unintegrated with the alliance that they aren't on jabber

on that same note, being on jabber or mumble is now required for SRP, so i'm eagerly awaiting the whining for that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

on that same note, being on jabber or mumble is now required for SRP, so i'm eagerly awaiting the whining for that

SRP is for welfare queens. Buy your own ships with the sweat of your brow :colbert:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
am welfare queen plz gif srp

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
but why bother with jabber when I have alliance chat :confused:

Chakron posted:

I uninstalled Jabber a long time ago because directorbot never shut up. gently caress goons, etc. Time to reapply.

I'm just laughing at the dumb broken process for trying to recover an account. I'm a goon, I'm already a dumbass.

owned

e: So is the requirement going to be that you were logged in both at somewhere around the time of death or that you were logged in that month? Because the former would be really drat funny.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Marxalot posted:

e: So is the requirement going to be that you were logged in both at somewhere around the time of death or that you were logged in that month? Because the former would be really drat funny.

either jabber or mumble in the last five days iirc

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

either jabber or mumble in the last five days iirc

Pretty sure it's both.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BAE B BLUE posted:

Pretty sure it's both.

the ping was

quote:

Effective immediately, mumble/jabber connections in the last 5 days are required for all forms of reimbursement.

so idk if that means either, or both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

lol if you're not foreverially logged into jabber and loving it

for real I will never understand the nerd hate for notifications

• Locked thread