Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Your CHC is alarmingly low. I personally don't like using unity but instead zodiac so I don't have to worry as hard about yet another affix to track and get allres up.

This has two pieces of baggage attached to it:

1. It requires a certain minimum threshold of skill/effort that you must put in that the extra defense from unity lets you slack on.

2. You will eventually have to sacrifice some +dex by swapping in diamonds on all of your gear to boost your allres. As I said above, I am about at where the break point for lazy RG kills where I need to do that, but not yet at that point for just generally clearing the rift. If last season is a prediction, that break point is around 102/103 with ~5k vit which is where I keep myself to in favor of dumping more focus into dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah you need waaay more +crit chance. At least 40%

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah you need waaay more +crit chance. At least 40%

So I'm just looking for duplicate pieces of the armor I'm wearing, but with a good +Crit Chance roll?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

So I'm just looking for duplicate pieces of the armor I'm wearing, but with a good +Crit Chance roll?

You want crit on your helm, neck, rings, bracers and gloves. If any one of those items doesn't have crit then it's really poorly rolled. Ideally you want critical hit damage on your neck, rings, and gloves as well.

For neck it's acceptable to have % fire damage over crit or critical damage.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Off the top of my head the only stuff that can roll +crit chance are gloves, rings and ammies, so reroll that stuff and dump all of your paragon points into it too.

Oh yeah and your helmet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool thanks guys. I'm already maxed out on my paragon Crit, so I'll work on getting some new armor. I have a bunch of duplicates in my stash that may do the trick already!

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Off the top of my head the only stuff that can roll +crit chance are gloves, rings and ammies, so reroll that stuff and dump all of your paragon points into it too.

Oh yeah and your helmet.

Don't forget Bracer as well. For reference, Bracer, Helm, and Rings can get a maximum of 6% crit each. Gloves and Neck can get a max of 10%. When evaluating crit chance against crit hit damage, 1% crit chance is equivalent to 10% crit damage. Your current stats are heavily lopsided towards crit damage. This calculation doesn't account for any skills that trigger on critical hits, which shifts the skew towards more crit chance.

There are exceptions to this, but the only one that's really relevant to a bell monk is the Witching Hour belt, which is the only belt in the game that can have Critical hit damage, and can have up to 50%.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I should prioritize critical hit chance % over everything else at this point?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

RCarr posted:

So I should prioritize critical hit chance % over everything else at this point?

Are you using Ephiphany in your build? I also played Focus and Restraint Bell monk and didn't run it. As such, I found CDR to be a pretty meh stat but RCR (Resource cost reduction) to be solid. For your current situation, I'd certainly shift towards some crit chance. I'd aim for around 40% crit chance as long as you don't destroy your other stats in the process. More is nice, but might be hard to get on a moments notice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't use epiphany. My main problem right now is not dealing enough damage. My survivability seems fine, and I rarely run out of spirit, but it just takes too long to kill poo poo at GR90, especially the rift guardian. Seems like +Crit Chance % would solve that. I'm hitting 2+ trillion damage on my crits, I just need more of them.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
OK, just got a fairly crappy Ancient leg drop for Inarius at P416, but it's my first actual upgrade since about 240, so that's nice.
Hopefully it won't be another 175 P levels before I get another upgrade.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m at P795 and I don’t think I’ve gotten an upgrade since P400 something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
If you want to minimize your rng luck you need to be farming mats for targeted reforging. if that's not your thing then yeah, your time spent sharding a billion pieces of poo poo is going to be high.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I guess I should be doing bounties but they aren't fun at all. At least I enjoy doing rifts.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

Yeah I guess I should be doing bounties but they aren't fun at all. At least I enjoy doing rifts.

Joining public games for bounties is the best way to do it. Takes about 15 minutes per set. Just put a TV show or something on in the background.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

Joining public games for bounties is the best way to do it. Takes about 15 minutes per set. Just put a TV show or something on in the background.

I've never played in a public game, people don't care that you're sitting there doing nothing?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Everyone splits up and does an act themselves. Don't stand around like a dick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You could do nothing but that is a waste of time .

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I meant you should still contribute. But no one will care if you're going half as fast as anyone else or something.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotchya, ok thanks that makes it a little more bearable.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Public bounties saved bounties for me, because trying to make a goon group vs soloing 5 acts was like trying to choose the lesser of two evils

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Does everyone get a cache in their inventory after one person talks to tyreal? This might even be low enough in social interaction for me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Does everyone get a cache in their inventory after one person talks to tyreal? This might even be low enough in social interaction for me

Yes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ya boy RCarr plays on console where there is no Boot function. I've had at least 2 full leechers every single public bounty lobby I've ever done, which is a pain.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Haha that’s stupid. I can handle doing one Act worth of bounties though, so I won’t be that guy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah, it doesn't even matter where you're at, cache gets plopped into your inventory.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Unless your inventory is full then the cache just falls on the ground.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

kingturnip posted:

OK, just got a fairly crappy Ancient leg drop for Inarius at P416, but it's my first actual upgrade since about 240, so that's nice.
Hopefully it won't be another 175 P levels before I get another upgrade.

So, between last night and today I've gotten 2 more upgrades - an Ancient weapon (still fairly crappy, but whatever) and a decent Ancient chest.
Good enough to push up to T12, at any rate.
Whining works!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just got this!

https://imgur.com/gallery/shuHnv9

What’s the correct way to re-roll it?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 28, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RCarr posted:

Just got this!

The mystic, probably.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

RCarr posted:

Just got this!

I'm not seeing anything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whoops I’m an idiot and forgot to paste it in

https://imgur.com/gallery/shuHnv9

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Missing both CHC and socket, time to collect some mats off it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bahh

What’s more important, socket or CHC? I have a non ancient that has a socket, but no CHC.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

RCarr posted:

Bahh

What’s more important, socket or CHC? I have a non ancient that has a socket, but no CHC.

Since that spec doesn't need CDR, I'd grab crit chance. I'd convert the all res to the crit, since a bit of LoH is handy.

For reference, here's my F&R Bell Monk. I've managed to clear GR 100 with this set-up.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MetalMelt-1524/hero/1089105

Edit: The ring in my cube isn't showing up on the site for some reason, but it's RoRG.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for all the advice. I changed some things up, and got my CHC% to 48%. Was able to beat the level 90 GR with plenty of time to spare. 😊

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
:toot:

Grats dude

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
New na cr is pretty easy. Hota Barb.

Hold down RMB and tap 1,2,3,4 and lmb and walk through the rift. conduit. Power and speed pylons.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Didn't they do this exact same build for a challenge rift a few weeks ago :confused: Not that it's bad, but barb has plenty of other stuff that could be shown off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This season should be ending soon, no? Do they give any kind of warning as to when this will happen, or will I log on one day and see the season has ended?