Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

werdnam posted:

Well, I'm glad I don't have to do that again.

In other news, the new dragon was a bit too easy. I kept blowing past too many thresholds at once and getting Basch KO'ed. Slow and steady wins this race.

Edit: img post fail

:hfive:
Just got this over with myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
:siren: Dragonlord is vulnerable to certain status effects, most importantly paralyze (and sleep, I think). :siren:

It's also possible to setup an Olive that can consistently 3 round him. With mine I just swapped her Apron Dress for a Thermal Suit and gave her Ifrit. Instant 100% fire resistance. Then all she has to do is:
1. Shattering shot (+2) on turn 1.
2. Do whatever on turn 2 (guard for safety if they're the only one alive or pop an elixir if Olive's really low), and then her mortar (+2) hits for about 4 million damage.
3. If it's still alive, use True Shot for about 2 million damage.

She still gets hit by his melee attack each turn but she has 5.2k hp and he hits for about 1.7k unguarded. Though all of this is redundant if you can paralyze the DL consistently with your own DL or a friend DL's limit. Toxic Rain's probably decent for the job too.

I put my Olive up for people who need a LGD farming buddy/carry: 155,948,655

Will go back to Fryevia or Orlandu after the event. Might go back to Cid because I think he's still hitting a bit harder than my Fryevia (he definitely does when Olive shattering shot's something).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is this another Escape From Battles King Mog Event?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I whaled out for liquid metal slime and got him, dragonlord, orochi, and two killing machines.

I run an all bonus team through LGD. Use the escape trick to run from everything except the bonus slimes and the boss, you only lose one currency per round.

At the boss, I first use the crazy day materia to imperil, then I hit him with my Kafrizzle and a friends Kafrizzle, usually gets him down to 60%. After that I first use chaos grenade to try for paralyze or sleep. If sleep hits, I’ll defend with my last unit and go to the next round. Takes three rounds of Kafrizzle to win. Liquid Metal Slime always goes last in case none of the good status effects land, he can then use provoke and eat a turn or two.

Might be a better way, but this works for me.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Depends? I'm using 2 non-bonus units to be lazy and just OTKO all of the single mob fights/boss, and run from the 4-mob fight. I don't think the fights are worth much though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

I just kill the waves. As long as I don't screw up my mirage chains (I usually do) then grapeshot wipes out the robin 'ood wave, and true shot takes out Orochi, with the first two waves just needing true shot and maybe some basic attacks for a little extra boost.

Though if something goes wrong, my Robin 'ood has escape equipped and is not afraid to use it. His LB animation is also fantastic.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So this isn't a You Get 1 KM Item Except From The Boss event? Nice!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Just wanted to tell you all how awesome you are. Helping carry us not as good goons just makes me so glad to be a part of this community.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
how does one use Veritas of the Flame.

Managed to snag one on my attempts to get LMS
speaking of LMS 999 defense at level one thats Adorable and hilarious

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
What exactly is required for a LGD carry this time? 100 phys evade and 100% fire resist? I've skipped out and just farmed ELT for every MK event since FFXII, but I'm going to need to play catchup here since my weekend's energy is gonna be spent all on Gil Snapper Caves.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

So this isn't a You Get 1 KM Item Except From The Boss event? Nice!

LGD hasn't been like that for a couple events now. Granted you only get like 6 currency a unit, so you're only adding ~30xbonus to your total everytime so it's not something you need to try to do. I'm too lazy to do it and LGD has such a high spawn rate of bonus units that 30xB isn't only really saving me maybe 1 run in the long term.

The bonus frequency is ridiculous. Ran 7 times and got LMS encounters on 5 of them. Went to grab stuff from KM and already had 90k currency.

Also as a note to new players, the weapons with killers are a good deal, grab those before you grab the great sword. Story mode already gives you a non-elemental greatsword with 103 atk while weapons with Killers are always good to have and offer better damage than ATK(math was something around every 1% of killer being equal to 2.35 ATK).

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What exactly is required for a LGD carry this time? 100 phys evade and 100% fire resist? I've skipped out and just farmed ELT for every MK event since FFXII, but I'm going to need to play catchup here since my weekend's energy is gonna be spent all on Gil Snapper Caves.

No evade needed. Just the fire resist is enough. He doesn't hit very hard with normal attacks.

Shoenin posted:

how does one use Veritas of the Flame.

Managed to snag one on my attempts to get LMS
speaking of LMS 999 defense at level one thats Adorable and hilarious

He can do some pretty good damage as a Fixed Dice finisher. Otherwise his damage has been surpassed by a lot of other units. His TMR isn't bad if you have someone like Onion Knight or Dark Veritas that can and doesn't mind using an Axe.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 28, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I've had one bonus enemy show up in 9 runs of LGD. :(

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've had one bonus enemy show up in 9 runs of LGD. :(

I've been running LGD nonstop since start, still haven't seen a bonus enemy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've been running LGD nonstop since start, still haven't seen a bonus enemy.

My 10th run just had 3x LMS appearance for a total of 17.6k event currency, hopefully complaining works for you too. :D

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
eh Id still rather run ELT just because its less work

Like 5 presses less a run, but still LESS WORK

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
My first LGD had a wave of 2 LMS and then a wave of 3 LMS, so apparently I stole all of them from the entire event and no more will ever spawn, sorry.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What would be better as a friend unit for this event, a Liquid Metal Slime with Ifrit, Carbon Bangle, and Wind-Up Thancred, or a Dragon Lord with Ifrit and the Thermal Suit?

Shoenin posted:

eh Id still rather run ELT just because its less work

Like 5 presses less a run, but still LESS WORK

I'm with you.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What would be better as a friend unit for this event, a Liquid Metal Slime with Ifrit, Carbon Bangle, and Wind-Up Thancred, or a Dragon Lord with Ifrit and the Thermal Suit?

I'm with you.

Dragonlord. LMS can solo but it takes forever so I'd rather have the extra 25%.

Speaking of, Dragonlords are all over my friends list. Usually I only see maybe a handful of bonus units but this event, feels like 1/3 of the people on my friendslist pulled this guy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

Dragonlord. LMS can solo but it takes forever so I'd rather have the extra 25%.

Speaking of, Dragonlords are all over my friends list. Usually I only see maybe a handful of bonus units but this event, feels like 1/3 of the people on my friendslist pulled this guy.

Yeah it looks like there’s a lot of goon luck with Dragonlords (myself included).

I put up a carry Tidus because I’m lucky so I might as well share it. I also just bit the bullet and enhanced him. Which means now I need even more crysts since I’m down to 8 giant powers :argh:. The enhancements really do make all the difference in the world for him though.

If anyone is able to put together a good Malboro killer Barb I’d like to give that fight a shot again later this evening when I get the time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dragonlord. His LB shuts down the Dragonlord boss and if someone has Toxic Rain on a unit of their own they can shut down Orochi and the Robin 'ood crew, assuming they aren't just escaping from non-boss waves.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s lots of Dragonlords pulled because we’re all whaling for liquid metal slime and the odds are good for dragonlord to show up during the chase.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I also happened upon a Dragonlord and put him up for all the carry friends I made to use him for extra currency.

I found out by trial that the raid crafted gear is unit exclusive (thought it was just the abilities) so I was wondering if any of the units are worthwhile for anything except easy TMs. I know Y'shtola is a good free healer but I'm already running Tilith until I can get a Stoneless healer.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
No real big need for Ysh if you're running Tilith. Tilith's 6* last year effectively replaced Ysh/Refia as the go-to healer.

Enhanced Minfilia is looking pretty good, especially if you don't have a rainbow bard. Not as good at buffing as enhanced Soliel but she can still put up respectable numbers, as well as bringing a number of other nice utility. I might even enhance her and bring her instead of Ramza to fights where I need stop protection, since I don't have Ayaka.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I also happened upon a Dragonlord and put him up for all the carry friends I made to use him for extra currency.

I found out by trial that the raid crafted gear is unit exclusive (thought it was just the abilities) so I was wondering if any of the units are worthwhile for anything except easy TMs. I know Y'shtola is a good free healer but I'm already running Tilith until I can get a Stoneless healer.

They give enough bonus stats and such that I liked keeping them around for expeditions. a fully geared in raid gear of each one, that is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Watch Liquid Metal Slime just sit there and smile while Aigaion throws a Death Punch at him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8fh7sz/liquid_metal_slime_vs_aigaion_no_magic_misiongl/

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s lots of Dragonlords pulled because we’re all whaling for liquid metal slime and the odds are good for dragonlord to show up during the chase.

Yeah, I got the Dragonlord and was disappointed it wasn't a LMS.

100% Fire Resist Dragonlord is up, then.

Now that I have the Dragonlord, I need a second one since it's a limited unit that gets 7*.

(And a second Randi!!!!1 :argh: )

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Y'shtola and Minfilia are the standouts there, especially with enhancements.

Marie is better than Minfilia, but what Minfilia loses out on pure elemental buffing compared to Marie she makes up for with star buffing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 28, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Veritas of the Dark off of my 10+1 ticket. Not my first choice, but I'll definitely take it!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
He should be getting enhancements pretty soon. And his 7* is pretty great. Also, thanks for reminding me we got that thing today. It got me my tillithlms

Remember kids. Always use 10+1 tickets on limited banners.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got nothing from the banner on my 10+1.

I have a question about Regular Slimes.

Okay, they're cute. But why would you ever need them, let alone 26 of them? For the TMR?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Is LMS viable later on despite being a 5* cap?
Thats bullshit by the way, 5* cap. Freggin gumi keeping metallic boys down.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Got nothing from the banner on my 10+1.

I have a question about Regular Slimes.

Okay, they're cute. But why would you ever need them, let alone 26 of them? For the TMR?
20% bonus if you arent pulling on this banner, otherwise its tmr is a 2.8 fire ability thats stronger then firaga for newbies.

Shoenin posted:

Is LMS viable later on despite being a 5* cap?
Thats bullshit by the way, 5* cap. Freggin gumi keeping metallic boys down.

The level is completely arbitrary since its stats are mostly locked in. Level 80 vs 100 doesnt mean much since its got a very specific amount of hp gumi is giving it. later on though, 7* has healers that can give it an hp barrier, letting that absurd defense carry itself even farther.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Oh poo poo thats right, I completely forgot about the bubble mechanic some people get on some moves.

LMS is a fuckin G

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think it might’ve been mentioned earlier, but could everybody with a dragonlord friend put a thermal suit on and switch to Ifrit? That gives him 100% fire resistance and the LGD boss can’t harm him. As long as you escape to the boss, you can solo LGD, but you’ll need some ethers or elixirs for mana. It still helps to use crazy day, world destroyer, chaos grenade, or toxic rain.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Best day of luck I've had in a while. 10+1 gave me a Knight Delita which is new to me and then a random things cket gave me a Dragonlord. Combine with the LMS I got yesterday and I'm fairly happy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Shoenin posted:

Oh poo poo thats right, I completely forgot about the bubble mechanic some people get on some moves.

LMS is a fuckin G

He’s the Tilith of tanks. Except if Tilith got released now. If you haven’t gotten a Wilhelm or Noel then he’s a real option to do things like provoke tank Aigaion punches without needing re-raise every turn. He gets the most from barriers of any unit, but barriers aren’t that common (the only spammable one is from Marie currently). Ayaka’s is likely strong enough that casting it on cool down would do a lot of work. And no one can w-cast it, so its not without its opportunity cost.

For picture representation of what I’m talking about

Turn 3 of slime fight is the first one he actually tanked a punch in the video linked (because of LB crystal generation problems):

Turn 1 just pressing provoke with Noel:

Turn 2, self buffing (casting steel):

And 7* willy puts him to shame. It’s going to be my first target for UoC tickets, honestly.

LMS’ enhancements are awesome though because you can actually perma-provoke if you level his LB up enough. 5 crystals per turn from his passive (and 30% atk/mag/def/spr). It won’t put him on the same level as the other tanks, but he will always be drat good for those parameter missions.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally had a change to bang out the True Garuda fight. Wilhelm (newest 5* for me) sure can put in some work as a tank. :stare:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I just had the most ridiculous set of DQ LGD runs. Four runs in a row, all with LMS appearances. The first one had two waves of 3 LMS each giving me this wonderful result:

...second run was a wave of 3 LMS, third run was 2 LMS, and the fourth run was 1 LMS. Bought Erdrick's sword, just need the other sword, spear, shield, and maybe the DL skill materia now and I'll be done with non-cryst MK options worth caring about (tickets and quartz are already done too).

160 NRG for upwards of 70k event currency is pretty nice. :v:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I have 10 friend slots open plus inactive goons yet to purge. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for all your carry needs.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
How do LB levels work? Do the multipliers and stat buffs/debuffs increase incrementally with each LB level or does it only change when you hit the max level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ancillary Character posted:

How do LB levels work? Do the multipliers and stat buffs/debuffs increase incrementally with each LB level or does it only change when you hit the max level?

Check the wiki, since it depends on the character. For most of characters it's incremental (e.g. 50% break at l.1, 51%break at l.2, 74% break at l.25) but for others it doesn't actually change the impact but makes it require fewer crystals to fill up.

• Locked thread