Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Every time I get tempted to read the spoilers, I'm just gonna look at this instead

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the most powerful fruit power in one piece, defeated by a visual gag

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the way it should be.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I gave in, read the spoilers, and holy poo poo. :eyepop: :supaburn:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/903/page/1

Gogogo!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The crew could really use a wardrobe upgrade now that they're imperial.

Also who could've ever predicted that Zeus would become a nakama? :v:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 28, 2018

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

awwww yeaahhhh that's the good poo poo

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i can take a break week after that chapter

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I like that Coby has apparently taken a few tips from Garp on how to handle explosives.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

God, that was so cool. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad Nami is powerful now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was great

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

guess we can't call them the yonkou anymore

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wow, Helmeppo almost looks like a completely different character now. I'm glad Zeus is sticking around and I hope Nami gets a chance to go full Goku with him at some point. I also look forward to seeing more of undercover Strawhats Vivi and Carue in the coming weeks even if they probably won't get to see any action right now. So is Luffy's bounty now pretty much higher than any other living pirate's at this point?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 28, 2018

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

OP Thread: Our Gokou has Ultra Instincts

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

One Piece Manga Thread: Now with 200% more Gokou

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DrakePegasus posted:

OP Thread: Luffy is now Gokou

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The yonkou assuredly have a higher bounty, and Dragon probably does too-it also wouldn't surprise me if it turns out the strongest commanders of Kaido, Shanks, and Blackbeard weren't similarly high.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

this chapter is why I love one piece. holy poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kild posted:

One Piece Manga Thread: Now with 200% more Gokou

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Wow, Helmeppo almost looks like a completely different character now. I'm glad Zeus is sticking around and I hope Nami gets a chance to go full Goku with him at some point. I also look forward to seeing more of Vivi and Carue in the coming weeks even if they probably won't get to see any action right now. So is Luffy's bounty now pretty much higher than any other living pirate's at this point?

do we even know what the bounties are for the emperors? luffy's probably in line with them

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I assume his bounty is basically on par with the other emperors, if they have standing bounties. I feel like this may actually be Luffy's last bounty increase unless they do some kind of special bounty in a later arc when he really pisses off the WG and they just list it as "Name Your Price" or something crazy.

Interesting that Nami actually gets to keep Zeus (for now; he has a chunk of Big Mom's soul after all). Seems like it'll make for a pretty significant power boost.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

No emperor bounties have been revealed. Katakuri's was the highest revealed thus far at 1.04 billion, so I feel like it's safe to assume Big Mom is in the range of 2-4 billion. The only one of Kaido's commanders revealed was a flat 1B, so I'd bet his others (at least 2 more, possibly 3) are 1B +/- 200M.

E: this is me assuming that Katakuri is considerably weaker than big mom. We still haven't seen her fight at full strength completely lucid, and I feel like she's a good bit stronger that Katakuri

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The only thing we know is that Big Mom's was 500 million when she was a young girl and Blackbeard now has one, judging by one of the Log Books.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

blob:[url/url]

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 28, 2018

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Do they freeze the emperor bounties? From a practical perspective there's almost no way one of those is actually getting cashed in, but I'd be surprised if someone like Blackbeard's bounty wasn't continuing to increase, on the off chance that someone manages to capture them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

nice blob

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I dont see anythin

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

do we even know what the bounties are for the emperors? luffy's probably in line with them

Luffy's is the lowest no doubt but yeah their probably in the single digit billions or very low double digits. This is his last until he takes on the WG

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

More like Money D Luffy

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like that Oda is keeping it so that there's always something about Sanji's bounty poster he doesn't like. Also like the visual puns on the Yonta Maria fleet with the numbers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Good poo poo

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I knew that was happened with the bounty but that still made me laugh when it was confirmed

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Helmeppo turning into an actual character with growth is one of my favorite little things about One Piece

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

chopper so spooked his antlers came off

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
This is probably one of my favourite chapters in a while.

The only thing I miss is the big end of arc party they normally have.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JahRoo posted:

No emperor bounties have been revealed. Katakuri's was the highest revealed thus far at 1.04 billion, so I feel like it's safe to assume Big Mom is in the range of 2-4 billion. The only one of Kaido's commanders revealed was a flat 1B, so I'd bet his others (at least 2 more, possibly 3) are 1B +/- 200M.

E: this is me assuming that Katakuri is considerably weaker than big mom. We still haven't seen her fight at full strength completely lucid, and I feel like she's a good bit stronger that Katakuri

Jack however likley has the lowest bounties of the Three Disaster Commanders. King and Queen likely have more then him.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Jack however likley has the lowest bounties of the Three Disaster Commanders. King and Queen likely have more then him.

If his name comes from his power relative to the other disasters that makes sense, but we don't know that for sure (that they're named King/Queen is an assumption). I agree that he's probably not the highest of the three, but remember that of big mom's 4 commanders, only one was over 1B, the others were 600M, 860M, and 932M.

This is also predicated on the emperors being roughly equal in strength/notoriety to assume that their subordinates are also around the same level. If we find out that Big Mom is considered substantially weaker than Kaido, then it would make sense that his weakest commander is almost at the level of Big Mom's strongest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kegslayer posted:

This is probably one of my favourite chapters in a while.

The only thing I miss is the big end of arc party they normally have.
Luffy could just phone in his alliance to all go have a party for kicks. He'll certainly need them and others fighting Kaido.