Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Wonkette/status/989946087464144896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

etalian posted:

I sure hope this story has Angelina and puffy leather jackets

*queues up Sneaker Pimps cd, rollerblades out of thread*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm sympathetic to the Chapo line of don't try to get anyone fired, but if a pundit should get fired for any reason it's for lying badly.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm sympathetic to the Chapo line of don't try to get anyone fired, but if a pundit should get fired for any reason it's for lying badly.

we're talking about a network whose morning show host is literally a murderer

so, yeah, joy should eat a one week suspension or something for being dumb, but she's not first against the wall

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lol greatest leader hahahahahahhaah

why not both?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

"allegedly"

a helpful bear posted:

Lol greatest leader hahahahahahhaah

why not both?

The sheer level of delusion within the #resistance bubble is breathtaking. To anyone outside of it, it's obvious that she's the dumbest person on the MSNBC lineup.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

so, yeah, joy should eat a one week suspension or something for being dumb, but she's not first against the wall

she shouldn't be fired at all

in fact she should get promoted to chris matthews' timeslot and eric garland should get lawrence o'donnell's show

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

she shouldn't be fired at all

in fact she should get promoted to chris matthews' timeslot and eric garland should get lawrence o'donnell's show

Hell yes. We should start a letter campaign to get Garland a slot.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Joementum posted:

Which JAR defender Markos Moulitsas was banned from his booster seat at the network for all time for implying, lol.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

lmao wonkette is exactly the kind of grating, vaguely liberal internet bullshit that made prople start using SJW as a perjorative in the first place. we're through the looking glass

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/989980140011737088

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

This whole controversy seems to summarize down to: People who were homophobes in 2008 don't see the problem with someone being a homophobe in 2008, people who weren't are still justifiably angry about it.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hello babies

welcome to earth

some cool bladerunner 2049 is about to be played by the nitecrew

please rewind your pisstapes after "use."

http://psp-tv.com/r/nitecrew

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also Wonkette seriously covered my lovely white house insider bullshit posts back in 2004, gave them legitimacy, and then it got talked about nationally syndicated on "Air America Radio" if you guys remember that

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FuriousxGeorge posted:

This whole controversy seems to summarize down to: People who were homophobes in 2008 don't see the problem with someone being a homophobe in 2008, people who weren't are still justifiably angry about it.

lol i decided to humor some twitter idiot who basically said everyone was like that back then and now apparently all her grandkids are gay and she regrets not telling one of them she loved them while they were still alive

jesus these people are fundamentally broken

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol i decided to humor some twitter idiot who basically said everyone was like that back then and now apparently all her grandkids are gay and she regrets not telling one of them she loved them while they were still alive

jesus these people are fundamentally broken

Reminds me of the kent state massacre, USA today did a poll, 11% of the public sympathized with the non-protesting murdered students and 68% agreed with the national guard that they had it coming.

Or how all these liberal suburban types shed tears over martin luther king, the same fuckers who would have said he's got what he asked for if they were asked back in the day.

These people have the memory of a goldfish. It's by design, evolutionary, since we've spent the vast majority of our 20,000 years of civilization as slaves to a system more vast than our hunter gatherer minds could comprehend - those who don't change with the times tend to get strangled by the men of the king.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
her excuse was apparently the military looked down on telling your own family you accept who they are

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

My wife used to have family in Stevenson, WA, and we still go there occasionally. It's pretty Twin Peaks-y.

That's right down from Hood River. Nice little hipster town

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/QueerProgress/status/990000997488508929

no joke's, just a couple good tweets

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Martin Random posted:

Also Wonkette seriously covered my lovely white house insider bullshit posts back in 2004, gave them legitimacy, and then it got talked about nationally syndicated on "Air America Radio" if you guys remember that

lol

lmao

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

no jokes
https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/990035503046111232
just a couple good cheeks

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

nah people barely give a poo poo about the homophobia, she could have just pulled the whole "sorry if you were offended" move and the whole thing would have ended immediately.

instead she makes up a completely absurd story, doesn't back down when it gets refuted, and still tries to pass herself off as a journalist or thought leader or whatever

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martin Random posted:

i remember; the whole affair was absolutely glorious and you have my ceaseless praise for it.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Apr 28, 2018

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

chickenfucking
ALL Y’ALL

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Martin Random posted:

lol i knew i remembered your username from somewhere

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'm pretty certain that if we put Janeane Garofalo on the radio again we will defeat the Republicans this time. Air America was just ahead of it's time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/THR/status/990013483155644416

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

It's (whatever it is) okay if you're on our payroll.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

lol this is the poo poo cable news version of lena dunham saying that the woman who accused a girls producer of rape was lying

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Every time there's a controversy, liberals seem to go very far out of their way to show everyone how lovely they are

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"allegedly"

The sheer level of delusion within the #resistance bubble is breathtaking. To anyone outside of it, it's obvious that she's the dumbest person on the MSNBC lineup.

Delusion really is the word for it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"He was never a sex pest to ME."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i don't even know who this guy is, except now i know he's probably a huge sex criminal of some kind

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

You have at most around 100 years on this planet. And since you are a goon let's be more realistic and talk 50-60 at best. How many hours of that do you want to spend watching cable news when you could be doing something more worthwhile like playing WoW instead?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

*queues up Sneaker Pimps cd, rollerblades out of thread*

my man

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/989316859441840128

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Brokaw sounds like the sound a bird makes

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

little munchkin posted:

nah people barely give a poo poo about the homophobia, she could have just pulled the whole "sorry if you were offended" move and the whole thing would have ended immediately.

instead she makes up a completely absurd story, doesn't back down when it gets refuted, and still tries to pass herself off as a journalist or thought leader or whatever
I believe what the post was referring to is that people think JAR being hacked is real//people are treating her unfairly are the same ones who agreed with JAR in 2008 and were most likely homophobic themselves//have no empathy towards victims of homophobia, vs those who smell bullshit and most likely smelled the same bullshit 10 years ago.

It's a bit reductionist of course as it ignores people being biased and acting like assholes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

i don't even know who this guy is, except now i know he's probably a huge sex criminal of some kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7IN1UDWJgY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/987310524961558528

also she's brought up in a lawsuit by the NAACP against a GOP gerrymandering effort, for approving the GOP's gerrymandering effort

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/27/stacey-abrams-georgia-republican-voting-rights-gerrymandering/

Reverend Dr has issued a correction as of 04:50 on Apr 28, 2018

• Locked thread