Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Someone tell these "journalists" (who I assume are all boomers impressed their iBoxes make pretty lights) about Second Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

EoinCannon posted:

I wish the internet would stay on the internet :(

Partly because whenever some horrible online subculture makes the news I find myself explaining them to normal people because this dead gay forum has exposed me to them all.
People look at you funny when you are obviously familiar with incel jargon

Yeah whenever this happens I'm always the bloody Rosetta stone with eyes and get bombarded with requests for internet jargon translation.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hmm in a shocking twist the Herald Sun seems to have Mathew Guy's latest proposal before he officially presents it. Keep an eye out for it later today. It's typically insane and fascist as all hell.

Cliff notes:
Police powers expanded to stop and search without a warrant if they have reasonable suspicion (not explicitly stated if skin colour is a reasonable suspicion (it is))
Police can issue "notice orders" to minors, whether or not they have a criminal record, if they believe the minor is in danger of being influenced by organized criminals or youth gangs
Fines and possible jail time for flouting said notice orders

:bravo:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Knobb Manwich posted:

Hmm in a shocking twist the Herald Sun seems to have Mathew Guy's latest proposal before he officially presents it. Keep an eye out for it later today. It's typically insane and fascist as all hell.

Cliff notes:
Police powers expanded to stop and search without a warrant if they have reasonable suspicion (not explicitly stated if skin colour is a reasonable suspicion (it is))
Police can issue "notice orders" to minors, whether or not they have a criminal record, if they believe the minor is in danger of being influenced by organized criminals or youth gangs

"I am a white middle aged man leading a party where we are scared poo poo of anyone who isn't equally as white and middle aged as us"

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
It's 30 years since HTLV-1 (a nasty little virus that targets the immune system and causes a lot of horrible diseases) was first identified in Australia. If untreated it can cause acute leukaemia, pulmonary problems, nerve damage, or blindness. Some communities have infection rates as high as 70%, yet pathology tests for it aren't even covered by the MBS. Can you guess why this might be?

maybe it's because nearly every Australian affected is Aboriginal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mr Chips posted:

It's 30 years since HTLV-1 (a nasty little virus that targets the immune system and causes a lot of horrible diseases) was first identified in Australia. If untreated it can cause acute leukaemia, pulmonary problems, nerve damage, or blindness. Some communities have infection rates as high as 70%, yet pathology tests for it aren't even covered by the MBS. Can you guess why this might be?

maybe it's because nearly every Australian affected is Aboriginal?

Yep never heard of this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DanielLaw1998/status/985815856947998720

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

JBP posted:

Yep never heard of this.

Probably because a) it was discovered around the same time as HIV/AIDs, and b) most of the 5-10 million sufferers globally are not first-worlders. There are enough people in Japan with it to spur vaccine development, if that counts as good news.

TBH I was only half-aware of it due to sharing a tea room with the only people in the country who test for it. The Guardian posted some articles about this week.

Mr Chips fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 28, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Way too many people swallowed the bait.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I agree with JBP on fallout 4, this is how i explained it to my coworker: trash game, bad mechanics, awful plot, uninteresting settlements mechanism, constantly buggy, 316 hours played 10/10 would buy again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

I agree with JBP on fallout 4, this is how i explained it to my coworker: trash game, bad mechanics, awful plot, uninteresting settlements mechanism, constantly buggy, 316 hours played 10/10 would buy again

I don't like anything about it. I'd rather play Skyrim.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Good thing you can buy it again on another platform every year then

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

DancingShade posted:

Way too many people swallowed the bait.

Yeah, every tweet of his is a troll or a threat. It's pretty obvious he's only in it for the lulz.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Trying to get Spacebase DF-9 and DayZ refunded now, it's been 2 days and no response on it. Spacebase DF-9 if anyone owns this game is even more of a Major Failure than DayZ surely so please try because Double Fine is garbage.

Also how about them politics eh

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I believe Fallout 4's buggyness and misrepresented gameplay is enough to constitute a 'major fault' under Australia's consumer guarantee. Skyrim has plenty of flaws also, but I can't help but like the setting and the writing isn't as painfully dumb. Under Australia's Consumer Guarantee.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

bell jar posted:

hello father, it's me the father your son

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

so is Australia's Consumer Guarantee some kind of new set of steam power words

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Milky Moor posted:

so is Australia's Consumer Guarantee some kind of new set of steam power words

They put up a notice on the steam storefront acknowledging it exists so it is basically the konami code for bad games

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A REFUND

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

AbortRetryFail posted:

They put up a notice on the steam storefront acknowledging it exists so it is basically the konami code for bad games

So now I can buy Early Access games and when they inevitably fail to hit their benchmark I can just get my money back?

Hello free games forever.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

AbortRetryFail posted:

Shame you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the store page to see it, but it's something.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Skyrim is trash. The world looks pretty but the game is boring and incredibly buggy. I wish I hadn't played it for 45 hours before I realised I wasn't actually enjoying it

Walking around and looking at mountains was OK

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

quote:

But how much do we really know about the dank and cave-chested demi-monde of the "involuntary celibate"? To help you out, here's everything you wanted to know about incels but were too afraid of being vilified as a Stacy or a Chad to ask.

Yeah that's not a flippant article at all.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Cliff notes:

He's gone full Joh because what Victoria needs is the Queensland experience. Not.

Starshark posted:

Yeah, every tweet of his is a troll or a threat. It's pretty obvious he's only in it for the lulz.

I wonder if he's sponsored by a right-wing thinktank.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ewe2 posted:

Yeah that's not a flippant article at all.

I agree that part would be better left out, but the rest is pretty straight

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bandaid.friend posted:

Skyrim is trash. The world looks pretty but the game is boring and incredibly buggy. I wish I hadn't played it for 45 hours before I realised I wasn't actually enjoying it

Nah it's good. I never really had any bugs playing as a shield and axe dude.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Konomex posted:

So now I can buy Early Access games and when they inevitably fail to hit their benchmark I can just get my money back?

Hello free games forever.

free "games"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tried to get a few very bad games refunded but Steam is just pointing to the 'two weeks' disclaimer.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Milky Moor posted:

Tried to get a few very bad games refunded but Steam is just pointing to the 'two weeks' disclaimer.

Is it bad to hope Valve are stupid enough to get fined again

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bandaid.friend posted:

If you want a good 'wander around a huge world and bash monsters' play Witcher 3.

I can't even begin to say how much better it is than Skyrim - and I played the hell out of Skyrim.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
You can also play Magic: The Gathering.

e. in the Witcher I mean.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zenithe posted:

You can also play Magic: The Gathering.

e. in the Witcher I mean.

Arguably a better game than mtg

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Don't use any of the refund options in support. That's automatic. File a proper support ticket and use the ~magic words~. If you're not pushing it/are willing to get refunded in Steam Credit you'll probably be fine, assuming losing their final appeal hasn't made Valve go full Galt. It'll take a week or so.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gentleman Baller posted:

Don't use any of the refund options in support. That's automatic. File a proper support ticket and use the ~magic words~. If you're not pushing it/are willing to get refunded in Steam Credit you'll probably be fine, assuming losing their final appeal hasn't made Valve go full Galt. It'll take a week or so.

Awesome, thanks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Auspol on predatory loans: caveat emptor bitch

Auspol on video games: this is the greatest injustice in history and I demand reparations

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Not me. I buy and keep my poo poo video games fair and square.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Auspol on predatory loans: caveat emptor bitch

Auspol on video games: this is the greatest injustice in history and I demand reparations

:qq:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

Not me. I buy and keep my poo poo video games fair and square.

Ditto

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There is no difference between buying a game and not liking it and being a greedy fuckhead that takes on hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit they can't afford lmao

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

There is no difference between buying a game and not liking it and being a greedy fuckhead that takes on hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit they can't afford lmao
if you can't afford to fund your poor purchases maybe you should have researched it more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

if you can't afford to fund your poor purchases maybe you should have researched it more

I can afford them. I can afford to buy a hundred games with no refund. I know what I can afford because I'm an adult. I can also appraise the difference between buying entertainment and once in a lifetime financial decisions lol

• Locked thread