Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

But they rallied before she was even there!

Heck, she didn't even have your uniform on!

that's the difference between powers and superpowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No Awaken the Power on Day 1...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
power sleeply

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Hate-Senpai posted:

Just believe.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
See what happens when you put off awakening the power for months?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zenostein posted:

See what happens when you put off awakening the power for months?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I forget who all was suddenly going to be going to AX, but if any of you or your crew need a room, I have an extra reserved at the Mayfair. If you're potentially interested, hit me up on discord before I cancel it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hate-Senpai posted:

This but Day 2 also.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

This but Day 2 also.

that sucks!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unit songs were better on Day 1 I think.

No crazy Yoshiko dancing on Day 2.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Hate-Senpai posted:

:same:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh neat, the new dresses in millishitter can be bought with regular jewels, not just paid ones

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah so basically it's pretty much free because it gives the gacha rolls as well

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks for that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Congrats on your giant pig.

also die.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I feel like I haven't told you to die in a while

Die

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
then perish

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Hate-Senpai posted:

No crazy Yoshiko dancing on Day 2.

Guess I'll get to see it in 2 weeks, since apparently they've announced screenings for the concert in the US and Canada. Good ol' Village East Cinemas in Manhattan again, hopefully this time I won't be late and miss some of it again!

No idea if it's gonna be Day 1 or 2 though. $30 ticket, better go lock that down quickly. 4 hours, def gonna be worth it.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

Guess I'll get to see it in 2 weeks, since apparently they've announced screenings for the concert in the US and Canada. Good ol' Village East Cinemas in Manhattan again, hopefully this time I won't be late and miss some of it again!

No idea if it's gonna be Day 1 or 2 though. $30 ticket, better go lock that down quickly. 4 hours, def gonna be worth it.

All of the US showings are Day 2. I've been to the previous two (at Village East even, and I was late for HPT too cause I got the time wrong), but won't be able to make this one. Gonna be on vacation in Utah...At least I plan on going to the AX live in July, barring tickets selling out in two minutes.

Also I don't have a picture handy, but I pulled on that anniversary step-up and got the Thief Eli UR!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

KariOhki posted:

All of the US showings are Day 2. I've been to the previous two (at Village East even, and I was late for HPT too cause I got the time wrong), but won't be able to make this one. Gonna be on vacation in Utah...At least I plan on going to the AX live in July, barring tickets selling out in two minutes.

Also I don't have a picture handy, but I pulled on that anniversary step-up and got the Thief Eli UR!

Congrats on the UR, won't tell you to DIE because I already pulled that one as well.

And I've also been to the two previous lives at Village East as well, maybe we ran into each other there. Was an hour late for my original preferred showing of HPT, where I knew most of the NYC LL community and a bunch of friends were gonna be, so I swapped it for the later showing instead, but missed the first two songs on that one as well, partially because I was playing HPT in SIF.

Day 2, huh? Better than nothing, I guess. What's the difference set list wise?

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Day 1 did the songs on the first single + blu-ray bonus song, so for example: Strawberry Trapper, Guilty Eyes Fever, Guilty Night Guilty Kiss.
Day 2 did the title song of the first single + second single, so: Strawberry Trapper, Kowareyasuki, Shadow Gate to Love

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
My Maki LoveLive Solo Collection CD set came in!

It's interesting how her voice changes. For Music S.T.A.R.T its in its flandarized nasality, but for the second OP it's not hypernasal. She also sings higher than I thought on a lot of the songs--it makes me wonder how they record them. Does each singer sing the entire thing, and then they mix it/decide who the solo and groups are, or are certain parts written for certain singers? For example, on Aa Mujou, she sings higher than Mimorin, which surprised me (checking against their Final Love Live performance), but she's in unison with Soramaru's part. As someone who can belt (WAAAANDERFUUULLL) I would expect her chest voice to be more prominent? And I don't know if she does it intentionally, but she sounds a heck of a lot like Rippi during the latter's parts. And she definitely is channeling Nanjo's vibrato/tremolo (can't decide which. It's certainly not a normal vibrato) on Angelic Angel.
And dang, I've never liked Sentimental Steps, but Pile sings it beautifully, contrasting a brighter tone for Honoka, more straight for Umi's line, and more 'sweet'/honestly more nasal sounding for Kotori's.

It was also kind of funny. I reflexively flinched towards the ends of lines at the beginning, expecting that awful pitch slide up that Aqours and Riko specifically are guilty of, indicative of either a dumb encouraged vocal habit or poor-to-mediocre vocal control as one forces out their air at the end of a line to breathe in for the next. But oh yeah, this is Muse. And Maki. :):):):):):)

also I've done that paid scouting thing in Bandori and gotten my girl 4* Yukina and that 4* Rimi, pretty nice since it seems that powerful/fire/whatever will be the attribute for the next event. I am a little worried my Bandori gacha luck is being siphoned from my SIF luck.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lmao these aren't the idols I was hoping to pull but I'll take them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ranfes

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The art and the costume for Ranko is pretty loving rad

Her being Dance focused makes her very tempting too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I failed to get Ranko.

Life is pain and death and misery and hate and sorrow and anguish and grief and despair now.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Same but I just pulled once and got Tsuchiya Ako, a perm

I want to roll more but I'm seriously trying my best not to roll after the disasterous Shiki roll from last time

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 30, 2018

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

more like sadness

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boredsatellite posted:

Same but I just pulled once and got Tsuchiya Ako, a perm

I want to roll more but I'm seriously trying my best not to roll after the disasterous Shiki roll from last time

I got Aiko. I got Shiki at great cost last time so I can't really do the same for Ranko

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah I'm still saving for Mirei right now. I still don't think she's anywhere near being released but hey better to be ready in this case.

Cinfes will always be back

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Might as well also try out Bandori.

Friend ID is 1196597

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I just discovered I'm off from work a couple weeks around the time of Animelo Summer Live this year and, tickets are on pre-order now. How difficult is it for a gaijin to get his dirty hands on tickets for this?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

dammit totally missed one free 10 pull from deresute because I wasn't paying attention

On the plus side I just pulled hoshi syoko from the gacha so I can finally complete my individuals group

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
None of these pulls are Ranko!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Kart Anzu is powerful

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Seems like a lot of people are fishing up Aiko this time.

Thank god I've been hoarding candies, I don't think I want to affection grind for a third haato who's just gonna sit in the support squad

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

I failed to get Ranko.

Life is pain and death and misery and hate and sorrow and anguish and grief and despair now.

Decided to use the saved gems I have plus the free pulls to spark for Ranko. On I think my second (third?) real gems pull I got a fake white evelope, but it was really two SSR's: Cinfest Ranko and... Cinfest Kaede. gently caress.

boredsatellite posted:

dammit totally missed one free 10 pull from deresute because I wasn't paying attention

On the plus side I just pulled hoshi syoko from the gacha so I can finally complete my individuals group

I've missed something close to 100 free pulls in Granblue Fantasy if that makes you feel any better.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well got a perm Syuko today. I love Syuko and I didn't have the perm but come on give me cinfes idols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My haul from Cinfest:

5,000 Hoshi Jewels: Natalia SSR (Dupe)

10-pull Ticket from Pick Ticket Pack: Cinfest Mika and Shiki

Daily 10-pull: Cinfest Ranko

Yay!!!!!!