Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What's a good frame for killing poo poo without using weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What's a good frame for killing poo poo without using weapons?

Nidus

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nidus, blessed be his noodly appendages :can:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some say he's more infested than frame now.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Do fire rate mods have any effect on weapons with 'held' triggers e.g. Artax? Or is their RoF just a constant?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Flopstick posted:

Do fire rate mods have any effect on weapons with 'held' triggers e.g. Artax? Or is their RoF just a constant?
Beam weapons will indeed apply damage more often with higher firerates, and of course chew through ammo faster as well. It's why the Synoid Gammacor is so hungry.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Yapping Eevee posted:

Beam weapons will indeed apply damage more often with higher firerates, and of course chew through ammo faster as well. It's why the Synoid Gammacor is so hungry.

Not anymore. It's not the god tier lightsaber of death from before but it's the best it's ever been since. Ammo efficiency is decent now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Yes, a negative stat makes the positives better.
On Rubico it probably would though, in my experience. You need full zoom to get the 50% bonus but it makes the gun unwieldy as gently caress in midrange. One of the few guns/stats where a negative would be a positive.

Flopstick posted:

Since Artax is a guaranteed cold proc, loading it with fire rate mods means enemies will reach maximum speed debuff quicker. Always build Artax for +status duration, punch through, range and fire rate. Wiki says +magazine size mods have no effect though.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 28, 2018

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Since Artax is a guaranteed cold proc, loading it with fire rate mods means enemies will reach maximum speed debuff quicker. Always build Artax for +status duration, punch through, range and fire rate. Wiki says +magazine size mods have no effect though.

Okay, so not worth building it for radiation then? (I like the cold myself, because it slows down enemies for convenient sniping, but I figure I may as well forma the poo poo out of this thing and make it as bodacious as possible.)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Flopstick posted:

Okay, so not worth building it for radiation then? (I like the cold myself, because it slows down enemies for convenient sniping, but I figure I may as well forma the poo poo out of this thing and make it as bodacious as possible.)

Artax always cold procs regardless of what mods you have slotted. It has an extremely low chance to do additional procs based on its actual damage, outside of that-- radiation and blast are probably the only two damage types worth building towards with the low proc rate, so you're on the right track.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've heard a few people claim that modding for viral is useful, but just looking at the stats it has a stupidly low status%, so it might proc once every few enemies if you load it with +status mods (that it won't even benefit from because the base percentage is so low). So I built mine around the guaranteed cold proc, punch through, fire rate and status duration.

E:

If I had a spare shred and split chamber, i'd probably slap them on there as well. A couple of the mods like reload, i'm not even sure if they're doing anything. Rifle aptitude doesn't need to be there either, since cold is guaranteed, there are no other statuses on there and the status chance is so low that an extra 15% isn't going to touch the sides.

I forgot to mention Hush but that's mostly so it doesn't start loving up any stealth sorties you wander into.

Also there's no point building for damage, because then you're just going to get aggro on your sentinel and get it killed in any kind of high level content, which means no free shield boost for you, sunshine.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 28, 2018

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I've just managed to get most of my initial gear to 30 - skana, Excalibur, throwing knives (I forget the name), and Paris. I guess I haven't been progressing the star chat as much as I should have been, I've been to earth, Venus and Mars but that's about it - I farmed for all the rhino components, then realized that I didn't have all the components to manufacture it (control board and... Nano spores, I think). I assumed it would be easier to get your second frame, but I suppose I've got a few more missions to break through first.

I guess it's just the part of me that wants to play for optimum efficiency, but it's frustrating to have Max level gear and nothing to replace it with. On the plus side, the boltor and for blades are in the forge so I'll have those soon.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 28, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Is there a frame with aoe ability that breaks open pots and crates?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

ElegantFugue posted:

Arca Plasmor has a 1x headshot multiplier. As in, headshots deal the same damage as regular shots.

Don't you do slandering the fine Arca line here, pardner. Headshots are what the Arca pistol is for! Builds bonuses and character.

seriously, all three Arca weapons are so neat. I wish other weapon family trios were as fun.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Limbo’s Cataclysm should work for this

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Not a frame per se, but Carrier has a mod you can buy from Simaris that smashes open containers.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The steel meridian justice proc does but good luck getting it to fire off reliably and often enough to use it for searching for loot.

I'd say get yourself an ignis and hose everything down through the walls but I think they nerfed that. Nezha+Ignis used to be my go to for zipping through a level popping every single container.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
what do i do with these relic shits ive been getting from defense missions

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Equinox's maim is what I use for that kind of thing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just cleared the defense mission for Once Awake by running out of ammo for my new shotgun, slamming 4, and murdering the world

it was beautiful

killing things didnt seem to extend my time with my perfect gay laser sword tho

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

McKilligan posted:

I've just managed to get most of my initial gear to 30 - skana, Excalibur, throwing knives (I forget the name), and Paris. I guess I haven't been progressing the star chat as much as I should have been, I've been to earth, Venus and Mars but that's about it - I farmed for all the rhino components, then realized that I didn't have all the components to manufacture it (control board and... Nano spores, I think). I assumed it would be easier to get your second frame, but I suppose I've got a few more missions to break through first.

I guess it's just the part of me that wants to play for optimum efficiency, but it's frustrating to have Max level gear and nothing to replace it with. On the plus side, the boltor and for blades are in the forge so I'll have those soon.

If you’re in the goon clan, ask for a taxi to get the parts you need. It’s definitely a struggle coming out of the gate and that’s why people are so helpful to newbies - the early game is poorly thought out.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

McKilligan posted:

Goon veterans seem to forget that newbies don't have access to high end resources when giving the rhino advice. The control modules are in the void and are fairly easy to get enough. The plastids can be found on Phobos but are painfully rare. You want to farm them on Saturn or else try and do the quest you get at the Mercury station which lets you run around Uranus.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where am I supposed to unlock after Mercury? I don't see a junction except back to venus

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Where am I supposed to unlock after Mercury? I don't see a junction except back to venus

Back the way you came, there's a junction from Earth to Mars.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's another junction at the top of Earth that leads to Mars.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You unlock void fissure missions at some point, you go on a void fissure mission (there's several random ones at any given time that last about an hour or so, they're like Alerts but not quite the same) and before it starts you select a relic and if you get 10 yellow glowy cabbages from the enemies that spawn in through rift portals you unlock your relic you brought.

If you run it with more than one person in a group, and each of you unlocks a relic, you can choose someone else's reward if it looks nicer than yours.

The rewards are Prime parts and blueprints. Primes are literally just "Thing But Better." Like, extra armor or polarities or damage.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Equinox's maim, Banshee's quake, and Frost's avalanche all break crates. There are probably plenty of other examples.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Helter Skelter posted:

Put together a build with that, Hunter Munitions, and Vile Acceleration (or Speed Trigger, or Vigilante Fervor). Final destination, no elements, slash procs only.

It's done!

I feel like Vile Acceleration might not be the optimal choice for that slot since I'm spending a proportionally larger time reloading but it makes the gun feel much more responsive.
Also i'm tempted to forma the last two slots just for the sake of it :v:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Just sandbag them until you're through the star chart. They're loot crates that you run missions to open.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bistromatic posted:

It's done!

I feel like Vile Acceleration might not be the optimal choice for that slot since I'm spending a proportionally larger time reloading but it makes the gun feel much more responsive.
Also i'm tempted to forma the last two slots just for the sake of it :v:
We must recruit more.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
So chroma is fun but am I the only one who thinks a keyboard macro that just hits 3 every ~45 seconds would be a huge QoL upgrade?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Did a mission with a Mag the other day, and got totally outpaced - which, as a Volt, I am not exactly used to. They were completing objectives while I was half a map away. Any guesses on how they got to be that insanely fast? Yeah, I know my speed-boost has an AOE effect, but they were well out of range.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Darth Walrus posted:

Did a mission with a Mag the other day, and got totally outpaced - which, as a Volt, I am not exactly used to. They were completing objectives while I was half a map away. Any guesses on how they got to be that insanely fast? Yeah, I know my speed-boost has an AOE effect, but they were well out of range.

They may just know how to parkour really well. I've certainly outpaced Volts without really trying by just knowing the maps better/when to bullet-jump to cut corners, etc.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ceiling Cat is watching you Hydron

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

leave hydron behind and do basic onslaught, which is outright better

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Johnny Joestar posted:

Not if you need to level a frame.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Wyld Karde posted:

Not if you need to level a frame.

that was changed

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
For levelling, you do onslaught now. For focus, onslaught. For credits, index. For Endo, what

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol reddit did some fashionframe science and apparently DE went all in on the Ivy Valentine dominatrix theme more than I even realized

Johnny Joestar posted:

oh is this why I haven't been able to get a halfway decent hydron group in a week? should have out that together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

A friend got me into picking this game back up for something like the fifth time. I guess having some sort of direction from reading the thread, as well as having someone else playing with me made something click, cause I'm having a blast this time. Finished my Rhino parts this morning and put them in the oven!

Sent an application for the clan, as well.