Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It rebranded as Sgt Rock with #302. It was Our Army at War til #301.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Just once I'd like to see Batman just get shot by a guy he's charging at and die.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Osborn sucks at killing blonde girls, he usually leaves that to the good guys.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lurdiak posted:

Just once I'd like to see Batman just get shot by a guy he's charging at and die.

How about Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? He's shot and killed by that story's version of the Riddler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Or shoot a person when he is firing bullets at them

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CzarChasm posted:

How about Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? He's shot and killed by that story's version of the Riddler.

*Riddler has a gun in each hand pointed at Batman*

"Riddler, I just have one last question for you: Who's got two thumbs and is the smartest person alive?"
"Ha, why of course, it's 'this guy' *BLAM*

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Selachian posted:

I'm pretty sure the earlier cover is Jerry Grandenetti. As for Rock and Marie, well...

It's a bit surprising to remember that Sgt. Rock ran for over 400 issues when he's barely remembered today.

My friends dad sold all his original Marvel books in the late sixties for old war and western books. People in the George Lucas/Steven Spielberg generation would take a Blackhawk or Sgt Rock movie over Spidey or Iron Man any day.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Selachian posted:

It's a bit surprising to remember that Sgt. Rock ran for over 400 issues when he's barely remembered today.

Anybody who "barely remembers" Joe Kubert can gently caress right on off out of this comics forum.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Selachian posted:

Our Army at War is so much better than Sgt. Fury it's absurd. The best character in the books, though, isn't Sgt. Rock, it's Enemy Ace. Those stories are fantastic. Not really funny, though, so I don't have a good panel for them.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Selachian posted:

I'm pretty sure the earlier cover is Jerry Grandenetti. As for Rock and Marie, well...

I guess Love Can Bloom on the Battlefield

And yeah Sgt. Rock is pretty badass I love that he showed up in the WWII episode of Justice League

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He was also in a couple of Brave and the Bold episodes.

And so was GI Robot.

I can't believe this is a real character.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Well it's not quite Batman but here's a page parodying that from Dr. McNinja

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Eh, Beeman is stingless anyways, and Beewoman can only get one good hit in before she dies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Upon release, the alt text on that beeman image was something to the affect of “I wonder how many times a Batman writer has made this page, then sighed sadly and thrown it out.”
But at some point it got removed :(

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I... assume Batman's outfit is bulletproof... right?

Or are they that silly so as to say he doesn't need that so he doesn't have it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MikeJF posted:

He's flat out Iron Batman in the Arkham games but in the comics and movies, it depends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MikeJF posted:

Yes and his mask has an invisible bulletproof mask and his outfit is made of a material that when a bomb goes off next or on him it does not hurt him

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

Fantastic Four - Dark Reign #4

So, uuuh, are there cameras in there? I'm thinking shooting at children with obvious pop guns would get you in some trouble. Unless you're cops, I guess.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

evilmiera posted:

So, uuuh, are there cameras in there? I'm thinking shooting at children with obvious pop guns would get you in some trouble. Unless you're cops, I guess.

At this point, I think Norman is the head of HAMMER (formerly SHIELD), so yeah, he's a cop.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

He was also in a couple of Brave and the Bold episodes.

And so was GI Robot.

I can't believe this is a real character.

DC had a lot of oddball war characters.

I do not know if Medusa was in the French (or Greek, I guess) resistance.

evilmiera posted:

What? A superhero comic with no concept of legal consequences for their characters' actions? I've never heard of such a thing!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

prefect posted:

At this point, I think Norman is the head of HAMMER (formerly SHIELD), so yeah, he's a cop.

The kids aren't black though..

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Alhazred posted:

The kids aren't black though..

On the contrary, that is clearly Spiderman, and he has stated in court that he is black.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Valeria looks so weird in most of those panels. The only one where she gets closer to looking like an actual child is the one running away on the third page.

Just put an adult head in a small body, no one will notice.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They look like adults with dwarfism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Piell posted:

On the contrary, that is clearly Spiderman, and he has stated in court that he is black.

Does JJJ hate Miles?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Does JJJ hate Miles?

Is he Spider-Man?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Open Marriage Night posted:

My friends dad sold all his original Marvel books in the late sixties for old war and western books. People in the George Lucas/Steven Spielberg generation would take a Blackhawk or Sgt Rock movie over Spidey or Iron Man any day.

Spielberg actually wants to do a Blackhawk movie.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

Is he Spider-Man?

Miles Morales? Yes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Spielberg made a movie out of "Ready Player One", so he should be eaten by wolves as soon as possible.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Hasn't Spidey pulled the "I'm Black" card other times too?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Only if he does new look Blackhawks, though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I didnt go to 8 years of med school for you to call me Mr. Hands

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

prefect posted:

Spielberg made a movie out of "Ready Player One", so he should be eaten by wolves as soon as possible.

Spielberg made Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark, he gets a lifetime pass to do whatever the gently caress he wants. :colbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sentinel Red posted:

Spielberg made Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark, he gets a lifetime pass to do whatever the gently caress he wants. :colbert:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull invalidates Raiders.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

It never fails to amuse me that the vampire member of the Creature Commandos was named Velcro.

I always liked Gravedigger myself.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

"White guy in a turtleneck" as part of a team of monster people is a remarkably progressive opinion

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

"White guy in a turtleneck" as part of a team of monster people is a remarkably progressive opinion

*tactleneck.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Who What Now posted:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull invalidates Raiders.

:wrong:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Crystal Skull is no worse than Temple of Doom or the TV series.

Of course it's not as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but what is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Crystal Skull is no worse than Temple of Doom or the TV series.

Shut up.