Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/989681359814844419

I don't understand what's going on here but I love it.

The movie Bloodsport?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/989681359814844419

I don't understand what's going on here but I love it.

its a pit. that you fight in.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's "frank shamrock's shootbox" with steeper angles and for karate only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB-qUCbpYmw

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/989696503689211906

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Duffee is contagious.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The return of YAMMA I’ve been waiting for.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dr.Radical posted:

The movie Bloodsport?

I’m getting more of a Lionheart feel. Also lol at the ref’s super casual stoppage of the fight.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

I watched two of the Karate combat fights, the striking is horrible and I don't understand why. The ruleset?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Cyber Dog posted:

I watched two of the Karate combat fights, the striking is horrible and I don't understand why. The ruleset?

Inside hook punches are not karate and are therefore illegal.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/FightTimes/status/989234755450294272

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Mir is far, far better at using steroids than Rampage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS3O8vhqGME

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That poo poo is tomorrow?! Hellllllll yeah

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Be the first Bellator event I've gone to and I'm fairly excited for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Very excited to see how Mir will turn this into a fight.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

drat, you can tell how ripped frank mir is by how low he is willing to let his pants fall

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

drat, you can tell how ripped frank mir is by how low he is willing to let his pants fall

While Fedor casually removes lint from his belly button.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mir will win and we will all finally realize Fedor was never good.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Mir is good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

kensei posted:

Mir will win and we will all finally realize Fedor was never good.

No, he is GREAT!

: stares off into the void :

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mir is a very accomplished fighter but he is one of the top 3 roiders of all time. I forget if it was after Lesnar or Carwin beat him, but he lost one fight against a bigger guy and then immediately in his next fight had to cut to 265, with visible abs. Respect to the white Overeem.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

El Roncho posted:

Inside hook punches are not karate and are therefore illegal.
lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never thought I’d say this, but thank you random ads on twitter for reminding about the existence of the Bellatot GP tonight.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Mir is a very accomplished fighter but he is one of the top 3 roiders of all time. I forget if it was after Lesnar or Carwin beat him, but he lost one fight against a bigger guy and then immediately in his next fight had to cut to 265, with visible abs. Respect to the white Overeem.

I love "trt" and a small conversation with Frank was all it took to send me over the edge. If someone as smart as Frank Mir does it it can't be dumb.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[exasperated mother voice] and if Frank Mir got a rhino samurai riding a motorcycle tattooed on his back would you do that too???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/989806420660047872

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Cum Soda

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
The only thing sadder than william bragging that he can hang with the 150s now that he's on steroids is the fact that he's doing it because frank mir told him to.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Props to Willie I guess that it didn't take a visit from Frank mir's wife to make him get serious about steroids

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/mma/2018/04/28/fbi-shadows-russian-mma-great-fedor-emeilanenko-bellator-event/

FBI shadows Russian MMA great Fedor Emelianenko at Bellator event in Chicago

quote:

When Affliction Clothing, a manufacturer of MMA apparel based in California,looked to challenge the UFC's dominance, Affliction Entertainment was formed as a separate company to hold pay-per-view events. They needed big name signings. Fedor was one. So was Trump.

Affliction executives threw chunk sized money in the direction of the Russian heavyweight. But who was appointed the COO of Affliction ? None other than Michael Cohen, currently under deep scrutiny and investigation by the FBI.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Matt Lindland posted:

The only thing sadder than william bragging that he can hang with the 150s now that he's on steroids is the fact that he's doing it because frank mir told him to.

Being obsessed with one heavy weight to the point you have an avatar of him is way sadder

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
WARNING, THIS poo poo IS GROSS :barf:

:nws: :nms:

https://twitter.com/MaguireTheOne/status/990318862611681283

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good lord. thats the worst cut ive ever seen

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Did they fight with razor-tipped gloves or what the gently caress happened there :stare:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[exasperated mother voice] and if Frank Mir got a rhino samurai riding a motorcycle tattooed on his back would you do that too???

Lol, he split right along a seam. Who hit that dude hard enough to turn his orbital bone into a die-cutting machine?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Marvin "The Beastman" Eastman's one notable MMA accomplishment is now dust in the wind.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I take it once again there's no where in the UK to watch the Bellator main event live.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its been forever since I watched bellabor, how?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just got to my seat and it's fairly crowded so far.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was some trashweight fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

This is the only MMA discussion forum there is that won't be flooded with tears after Mir knocks Fedor out cold with his one boxing combo. I see him going the way of Duffee.