Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Lol this poo poo is peak suck. Where do we even go from here

Look forward to the "I thought yall just wanted her to apologize? But you'd still like her gone? Curious, maybe you did just want to silence a black woman all along no matter what" takes that completely ignore the ridiculous double-down that went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

her heart and her best intentions still tell her that those arent her posts

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/990247216379031553?s=20

https://twitter.com/amjoyshow/status/990234770683711488%A0%85

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Squizzle posted:

Remember, you should judge everyone not by what they do, did or how it affects anyone, but by what they nominally state their intent was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/hlthiskrieger/status/990235083880697856

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Acelerion posted:

Lol this poo poo is peak suck. Where do we even go from here

there is no peak, she’ll be back on twitter soon and it will be worse

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Squizzle posted:

a Reagan Democrat

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The sad thing is that all the people concerned about representation of women of color in the media are completely oblivious as to who has been hurt the most by the whole Russia hysteria that people like Joy have cynically been pushing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dems are so bad

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

how did this go from being hilarious to infuriating

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

because the initial shock wore off and now the libs are circling the wagons to protect reid and excuse everything she's said

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

A person from a minority saying someone's hate speech is okay doesn't make it okay and isn't taken as credible when it's within the Republican Party, and it shouldn't within the Democratic Party either.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The Russians have a history of posing as and embedding themselves with black activists. To the point where the biggest BLM page on Facebook was a Russian agent. They use and manipulate black issues, activists and iirc had a bunch of their boots following/interacting with Joy already.

Also remember, this is the dumbest/wildest/darkest timeline so that's why I put it at 10%.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

galenanorth posted:

A person from a minority saying someone's hate speech is okay doesn't make it okay and isn't taken as credible when it's within the Republican Party, and it shouldn't within the Democratic Party either.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

the democratic party and all of its allied affiliates learned how to wield social control from the republicans

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it's the nothing-matters factor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They're learning from Trump.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

what were you expecting would happen?

reminder:

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nah, msnbc only shitcans you if you're critical of the democratic establishment

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it was a sudden turn

https://twitter.com/ericholder/status/990250852853022720

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

there is absolutely nothing unique or compelling about Reid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nothing was ever going to matter; what truly matters is the lols we had along the way

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

it's pathetic how easily manipulated democratic loyalists really are

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

SKULL.GIF posted:

or most news presenters. they're all overrated

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
as another reminder: melissa harris-perry, who had joy's show before her was fired in early 2016 for complaining that she was getting bumped because she refused to do horserace coverage of the primaries

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005
Bernie Bros
Enjoy shushing black woman joy ann reid
Never going to log off
G
Hackers did it
A
Z
I will #resist

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

no joke, a week ago i woke up in the middle of the night and went to go use the bathroom and browse around and someone posted in here about eric holder running in 2020 and i couldn't fall asleep after that

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SKULL.GIF posted:

she punches left vOv

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Theory: how heartfelt someone's apology is to you is inversely proportional to how much you wanted them to apologize and directly proportional to how mad you were at other people for wanting an apology in the first place

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

what were you expecting would happen?

reminder:

I wasn't expecting her to lose her position, just that it would keep being funny. I didn't expect an 11 hour apology that everyone jumps on and tut tuts anyone who doesn't accept it except really it was the time traveling bernie bro russians who hacked it

though maybe i should have, and im a dumbass.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Office Pig posted:

it's pathetic how easily manipulated democratic loyalists really are

But not particularly surprising since the party has since at least the early 90s decried any commitment to principles or ideology other than group loyalty (and that mainly focused on the Clinton clique).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I wasn't expecting her to lose her position, just that it would keep being funny. I didn't expect an 11 hour apology that everyone jumps on and tut tuts anyone who doesn't accept it except really it was the time traveling bernie bro russians who hacked it

though maybe i should have, and im a dumbass.

shut the gently caress up bernie bro, you're not even a real liberal. she apologized what more do you want?

*harry potter meme*

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Okay, but what happens if getting rid of folks like Williams and Reid leaves the progressive left with no media allies?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's still funny, except now there are more people to laugh at

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I agree with Bitchell's minion :negative:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Office Pig posted:

Okay, but what happens if getting rid of folks like Williams and Reid leaves the progressive left with no media allies?

why have enemies when you can have allies like these?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Office Pig posted:

lol

lmao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol didn’t realize this was an on air statement

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/990232457822851078

well, if there was any doubt left at all, the fact that she's shifted from "I didn't write those posts" to "I don't remember writing those posts" is about as close to conclusive proof as we're likely to get. it's the bad lib tendency to tell little lies rather than big ones, to claim you don't remember it than to outright deny it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Office Pig posted:

Williams and Reid are not of the progressive left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

well, if there was any doubt left at all, the fact that she's shifted from "I didn't write those posts" to "I don't remember writing those posts" is about as close to conclusive proof as we're likely to get. it's the bad lib tendency to tell little lies rather than big ones, to claim you don't remember it than to outright deny it

"I don't remember doing that" is basically taking the fifth

• Locked thread