Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Crystal Skull is no worse than Temple of Doom or the TV series.

Of course it's not as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but what is?

YOU BETRAYED SHIVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Selachian posted:

It never fails to amuse me that the vampire member of the Creature Commandos was named Velcro.

As someone (maybe the only person) who loved Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE, I was all set to correct you, but I looked it up before posting. Ha, I didn't know that was Velcoro's original name! Learn something every day.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Who What Now posted:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull invalidates Raiders.

Even if that were true, he still made Last Crusade. So he gets a pass.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Even if that were true, he still made Last Crusade. So he gets a pass.

That series balances out their great movies with follow ups that are inversely proportional in terms of quality. Raiders is balanced out by the garbage fire that was Temple of Doom, and Crusade was balanced out by Crystal Skull.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

YOU BETRAYED SHIVA

Listen, I still have all five seasons of Sliders on dvd so

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SilverSupernova posted:

That series balances out their great movies with follow ups that are inversely proportional in terms of quality. Raiders is balanced out by the garbage fire that was Temple of Doom, and Crusade was balanced out by Crystal Skull.

Indiana Jones and the Regression to the Mean.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Temple of Doom wasn't that bad, and I refuse to rewatch it as an adult in case I'm wrong.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
what if I told you.. all the Indy movies were equally bad

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Autism Sneaks posted:

what if I told you.. all the Indy movies were equally bad

I'd be inclined to agree.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last Crusade is not only the best Indy film, it's the best Harrison Ford film. And no Apocalypse Now doesn't count!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

X-O posted:

Last Crusade is not only the best Indy film, it's the best Harrison Ford film. And no Apocalypse Now doesn't count!

Weirdly enough, this seems true as well.
By the way, all Star Wars movies are on the same level, somewhere below that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

My dad is a huge Harrison Ford fan and used to make a point of going to see every single movie with Harrison Ford in the cinema. I once asked him, "What's your favourite Harrison Ford movie?" and said I imagined it was Last Crusade or The Fugitive but eventually admitted that it was Working Girl.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-O posted:

The Conversation

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Regarding Henry makes my mom cry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

prefect posted:

The Conversation

Another I don't consider really consider to be a Harrison Ford movie, I mean he's in it sure but it's not his movie.

But yeah it's way way way better than Last Crusade.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-O posted:

Another I don't consider really consider to be a Harrison Ford movie, I mean he's in it sure but it's not his movie.

But yeah it's way way way better than Last Crusade.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being intellectually honest. :D

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'd be inclined to agree.

Is that you, Mr. Ford?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Selachian posted:

It never fails to amuse me that the vampire member of the Creature Commandos was named Velcro.

I always liked Gravedigger myself.

"Wrassle ze American! Save your bullets!"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Selachian posted:

I always liked Gravedigger myself.

That guy looks so over this poo poo "goddamn nazis, knock this poo poo off."

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Temple of Doom wasn't that bad, and I refuse to rewatch it as an adult in case I'm wrong.

It's amazing for the use of color and cinematography alone.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Rereading that Dial H run by China Mieville. The premise is that there are these rotary phone dials you can use to Dial H For Hero, which will give you the powers of some randomly-selected hero, ideally copying them but possibly taking them. Better hope you don't dial up Superman's powers while he's fighting Darkseid. These dials were created by some old society at the center of the multiverse, and apparently some people didn't much care for the Dialers stealing their powers. Not sure if I caught this first time, but note the names of the two armies that came together against the dial-pirates.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goatface posted:

They look like adults with dwarfism.

There's been discussion about comic artists inability to draw children, but Valeria Richards always tends to look particularly weird for some reason.

Her head is bigger than the rest of her body.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Is that you, Mr. Ford?

Yes, it's me, H. Ford. AMA about my crimes against humanity.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

There's been discussion about comic artists inability to draw children, but Valeria Richards always tends to look particularly weird for some reason.

I think its not being helped by the artist leaning toward low or high angles of view which, while reinforcing the adult/child contrast, accentuate the body shapes a bit much given the proportions they've chosen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Say Nothing posted:

It's a perspective shot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Same comic. Looks even weirder.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh, Jesus Christ, Doom looks like he's taking the nastiest poo poo in the world

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Doom's got the :manning: face

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

That's why I'm glad they're making them a little older now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

darthbob88 posted:

Rereading that Dial H run by China Mieville. The premise is that there are these rotary phone dials you can use to Dial H For Hero, which will give you the powers of some randomly-selected hero, ideally copying them but possibly taking them. Better hope you don't dial up Superman's powers while he's fighting Darkseid. These dials were created by some old society at the center of the multiverse, and apparently some people didn't much care for the Dialers stealing their powers. Not sure if I caught this first time, but note the names of the two armies that came together against the dial-pirates.

I liked that series, but I think we all know it failed because they weren't taking heroes from the kids reading the comic:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Say Nothing posted:

At the risk of risking Doom's wrath, he does not pull off wearing a hoodie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes, it's me, H. Ford. AMA about my crimes against humanity.

I didn't think Firewall was that bad.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My fav Harrison flick is The Mosquito Coast, it’s a fabulously odd tale of a American nutter who decides to up sticks with his family to the Amazon because he feels the country has gone to the dogs and builds a giant ice maker in the middle of the jungle.

TLC is the fourth best Indy flick. I respect KotCS for at least trying something different, plus Cate is divine as usual.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gnome de plume posted:

At the risk of risking Doom's wrath, he does not pull off wearing a hoodie.

And Thor has dared on many occasions.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

darthbob88 posted:

poo poo, I completely missed that.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Random Stranger posted:

I liked that series, but I think we all know it failed because they weren't taking heroes from the kids reading the comic:

That's kinda difficult when kids don't read comics anymore.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I imagine that Dial H was mostly a smoke screen for China Mieville to come up with ridiculous concepts for super heroes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I imagine that Dial H was mostly a smoke screen for China Mieville to come up with ridiculous concepts for super heroes.

I still want to read his communist Ironman concept he came up with.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You mean the rocket red brigade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Say Nothing posted: