Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

What's up with those "Trans-Humans," where'd they come from?

When a mommy trans-human and a daddy trans-human love each other very much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

This is very worrying, a place of darkness? Why do the Sun Priests persist in investigating this place which is obviously opposed to Zun?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Tindalos posted:

This is very worrying, a place of darkness? Why do the Sun Priests persist in investigating this place which is obviously opposed to Zun?

Black holes are collapsed stars, so technically, the inside of a black hole should be unlimited light, not darkness. You could even say that black holes are the only place darkness can never actually reach.

Should have figured this LP would somehow get the Horizion Signal. Hooooo boy.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

GunnerJ posted:

What's up with those "Trans-Humans," where'd they come from?

I couldn’t quite get the explanation for them to work within the narrative. One of our vassals, the Grand Duchy of Earn to the “north”, settled a tomb world this early for some reason. It’s population self-modified with cybernetics order to not die a horrible death.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Kayten posted:

I couldn’t quite get the explanation for them to work within the narrative. One of our vassals, the Grand Duchy of Earn to the “north”, settled a tomb world this early for some reason. It’s population self-modified with cybernetics order to not die a horrible death.

Couldn't they have settled somewhere smarter, like say...a volcanic deathscape?

Clearly though, someone really wanted to open an attraction based around killing the horrible mutants, and it created enough of an economy to justify building some infrastructure. More seriously, it would be a smart place to send criminals and rebellious slaves: the empire doesn't need the world at all, but it might provide some unexpected benefits, so it's slightly better than an outright prison planet.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

For reference, hieratic script is proto-Egyptian writing. Only Re-Horakhty knows if that's significant or not.

Kayten posted:

I believe that world is ours, mortal.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

thetruegentleman posted:

a smart place to send criminals and rebellious slaves

Besides, the Solar (Sapadan now, I guess?) government itself very pointedly doesn't care about what happens in vassal territories. That's why they were set up.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Technowolf posted:

For reference, hieratic script is proto-Egyptian writing. Only Re-Horakhty knows if that's significant or not.

I believe that world is ours, mortal.

Eheh. Eheheheh.

In Stellaris, Tomb Worlds are the antithesis of Gaia worlds- where Gaia Worlds are ideal for every species, Tomb Worlds are just poo poo for everyone. Once they had life, but between one thing and another have had the biosphere scoured clean, and are just suuuuuper lovely to live on. (A possible thing that can happen in the game, if you don't start in Sol, is that you get there to discover Sol III is a tomb world, with presentient cockroaches amid the nuclear-devastated ruins of our cities! they make excellent uplift fodder)

They are unaffiliated with any slumbering machine intelligences out to exterminate all life.

the Contingency wisely deduced long, long ago that hiding exclusively on tomb worlds would give the game away.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 28, 2018

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Ze Pollack posted:

Eheh. Eheheheh.

In Stellaris, Tomb Worlds are the antithesis of Gaia worlds- where Gaia Worlds are ideal for every species, Tomb Worlds are just poo poo for everyone. Once they had life, but between one thing and another have had the biosphere scoured clean, and are just suuuuuper lovely to live on. (A possible thing that can happen in the game, if you don't start in Sol, is that you get there to discover Sol III is a tomb world, with presentient cockroaches amid the nuclear-devastated ruins of our cities! they make excellent uplift fodder)

One cool but impractical thing they added was the option to make your species start on a Tomb World. It's good for flavor and you get to colonize other Tomb Worlds if you find them, but you take a massive hit early on due to lovely science and no food on the planet whatsoever, so it's not really worth it.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
The automatic self-modification to survive on an inhospitable planet is actually genetic self-modification, not cybernetic. It's confusing as all hell because it uses the exact same icon that the ascension cybernetic modification we could have voted for uses, but if you mouse over the icon it will explicitly say the self-modification is genetic.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

LaserShark posted:

One cool but impractical thing they added was the option to make your species start on a Tomb World. It's good for flavor and you get to colonize other Tomb Worlds if you find them, but you take a massive hit early on due to lovely science and no food on the planet whatsoever, so it's not really worth it.

The real pro strat is to take fanatic purfiers and tomb world start. Fanatic purifiers get access to the armageddon bombardment stance, which turns any alien-held world into a tomb world after a while. Never even touch the filthy xenos!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Babylon 5 references in Stellaris always make me smile, they seem thematically appropriate. Though this game is a little more nightmarishly dystopian than most, I would say- even when I was playing as a devouring swarm hive mind, they were just hungry, not assholes.

p.s. What was shall be.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Update 1.3.2 - What Will Be, Was

Annette: Nasr, come on, while there are still seats left.
Nasr: I just need a moment, Annete.
Annette: Nasr, I've waited five years for you to come back. I want to watch the trailers with my darn husband. Hustle!
Nasr: Yes, dear. But what about the kids?

Annette: The kids are with Clarice, the Naidoo's girl.
Nasr: Clarice? Little Clarice? And you think that's safe?
Annette: She's sixteen, Nasr. She can handle two children for a night.
Nasr: Sixteen? That can't be right.
Annette: Time waits for no man, hon. And neither do I. So let's go!

St. Hossack. Schimmel's World. Meredith Bay.
Worlds founded by Humans. Worlds built by Zaibatsu.
Zaibatsu prefabs. Downpayments now starting at 57,000 Z-creds. 0.1% loans available to those who qualify.
Zaibatsu reserves the right to change loan rates without notification.Borrowers found to be delinquent on loans may be forced to return missing amount with labour.
Zaibatsu. Conquer a world with our help.

Nasr: It's nice to see that some things haven't changed.
Annette: What do you mean?
Nasr: I can still see a vein throbbing on your forehead whenever you have to sit through commercials.
Annette: You're not funny. Also you can't, shut up.

Coming Soon...

Nasr: See, if I hadn't made us late, you would've had to sit through more of those.
Annette: You don't get credit for making me late.
Nasr: Well, I did. Twice.
Annette: Nasr! We're in public!

In a world, where the ice never melts.
Two best friends are getting married. To other people. On the same day.

Ronaldo: This champagne is for the four of us! *CLINK*

*͘C͢͝L͟͟͢ÌŃ̶K̴̷̨*̵̕͟ ͞Z̶u̡n̸,͟ t͝h̸es̵e̕ c̶a͘r̨abine҉rs͞ ͢a̡r̢e͏ l҉oud ̷at̶ th̴i͢s h̀ęigh͡t.
V̷͠a̵̧͘s̶͘y҉͜á:̷͜͝ Co͟m͜e͝ ̨on, ̡N̴asr, ju͘s͢t͝ t̶wo m͞o͜re̴ án̶d͠ ͏w͜e'r͠e do̢ne ̶fo̴r t̡h͢e ̕day̛.̢
Nasr: Why did they have to build these towers so drat high?
Annette: Nasr? Everything OK?

But what if commitment just wasn't for them?
Anya: I don't know, Ronaldo, I just feel so distant from him lately.
Ronaldo: I know what you mean, Anya. She doesn't get me like you do.

V̷͠a̵̧͘s̶͘y҉͜á:̷͜͝ You'̵ré ͘no̡t afr͝àid̨ of ͡heįg͢hts͘, a͞re ya, N͟a̧sr̷?
F̸̕͢r͘a͜͜͠ǹ̨̛k̛͜ Les̀s ch̸i̛t-̸c͘ha͠t̕, ̀m̕o͞ŗe ͟up͞g͡rád͜in͜g̵, ͟bǫys.
Nasr: Sorry, lieutenant. On it.

He's just staring into space...
Annette: Nasr? Honey?

Cold Feet
Coming this wet season to a theatre near you.

V̷͠a̵̧͘s̶͘y҉͜á:̷͜͝ H̨an̸d ̷m͞e ͞the̡ O̵m̷e͏ga̶ ̡S̷c͢a͟nne̸r,̴ ͏w̕oul̨d̀ ͠y͠a͟? ̀T́hįs̶ tow҉er's g̕i҉v̸i͞n͟g o̸ff́ a͠ w͡e͢i̸rd sig͡nal͘,͞ I ͠ca͟n'͏t͡ l̵ock̕ i̡t̵ do̧w͞n.҉
Nasr: Of course it's giving off a signal, that why we're upgrading them.

Oh no. OK, we need somewhere private.
Annette: Nasr, We're going to go now, alright?
Nasr: We can't go yet, we just started upgrading this tower.

The bathroom will do. Shoot, people!

Yo̕͜͜ú̕ ҉n̷͜e̵̛e͘d̸̴́ ̢t̷o̸͠͡ ̷̨le̶͘͞á̷̸v͜è̡͠.͝ ̵̧͘N͟o͜͏͜w̵.̢̕͠

Hans/James: I need to leave. Now.

Annette: Just sit down here. Rest against the wall, Nasr. You're going to be fine.
I need to lock this darn bathroom.
Nasr: No rest for the wicked.

Annette: Nasr, listen to me. You're on a bathroom floor. In your wife's arms. You're not there. You're here.

V̷͠a̵̧͘s̶͘y҉͜á̷͜͝: Say, ̴l͟ie҉u͡tenan͡t. ̴W̸h͏àt'́s ͟w͡i̸th ͝t̢h́e h̴on͢o͡ưr͢ ̴g͡uard̵ he҉re, án͘ywa҉y͜? ͟A͡wf̨ul ̸lo͏t͜ ̛o͠f s͢écuri͘ty̕ f̴ór ́two͡ ͡t̵ech͠s.
F̸̕͢r͘a͜͜͠ǹ̨̛k̛͜: Th͞is ͏is͞ an͡ Ím̨p̡e͘r͝ial ob͘j̸ec͝t ̢on the ́Imp̧eria̶l ̀c͝a͢pi͢ta͏l. M͢aýb̶e we҉ ͞d͠ơn̢'͜t ̴tr͝us͞t ̴y͡oú.

F̸̕͢r͘a͜͜͠ǹ̨̛k̛͜: H̨aháh͜a̡,҉ y͘o͘u̴ ͝sho͠uld ̀see ýo̴u̵r f̴ac͡e.͢ It̕'͢s ̸j̡u͝st̢ a̵ precąu̶t̨i͡on,̸ bo̵y̡s̴, ҉do҉ņ't wòr̸r̵y͠.
Nasr: You should be a comedian, lieuten-

*̷̢̕C̨̨̀R̴̛É͟A̴̴̕͟͟K̵̸̢͞*͢͢

N͠a̡sr̵ ta͢k̸e ̕co͝v̶ér b͘ehi̕n͢d̡ a̸ ͢se̢r̶v́e̸r̡.͘ ͡H̵e ̵wa͘tc̕he͢s̷ ̶as ͜i̛n͞ a ͟s̷e͜c̶o̵ǹd, ҉th͟e soưt̢h̴ w̴all ҉is ̨tor̶n o҉f҉f ̢th̨e to̸wer,̀ as͏ ̸i͏f̵ by̡ ̶a̴n ҉en̶òrm͏ou͟s ha̛n̸d.͘
Nasr: What the gently caress?
A hu̶ma̶noìd ̀f̸i҉gure҉ flo͘ats ̡alo̵ng͟s̸id̸e the͢ ̷h̀ol͟e͜,̀ ͟35̶0 m abo̕v̀e͝ ̵g̨r̀oųn͡d͝.́ W͏ea̕ring̵ tor͞n̴ ̀Ba̕rḑe̴ rags͏ o̶ņ ̶it͜s͏ ̧i̶ri͠d̛e͘s̡c͜e̸nt̷ ̕p̶u͡r̛p͝l̴e͏ ҉bod̕y,̕ i͞t̛ ͢star͜e̵s d̶o͠w͏n̢ ̨t̸he͠ G͏a͜ia̕ se̷cu͜ri͏ty ҉f̀o͠rćes̸.͢

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: T͟remble, ̛m҉ortals.́ You sta͡nd i̕n t͞he ̴p̢reşe҉n͞c͝e ǫf̢ Th̡e̢ D͡a͘rk̨ńe͠ss, ͜th͢e ̢p̧u҉nisḩm̵e̷n͜t̨ ҉f͟o̢r̸ ̢y̷o̧ur͜ sins ̶a̢ga̡in͟st͏ t̀h̡e Bar̕dés͜.̵
Annette: You don't have to see it again, Nasr. Look at me. Look at me!

The ģu̕ar̨d̡s̴ op͡e͘n ͏fir͝e ͘a͞t Th͏e̸ ҉Dark͡ne̢ss. ͏N̵a̡sr̢ ͏wa҉t̡c̴he͠s̢ as t̡he ͠l͡a҉s̶ęr ̶be͏a̕m̛ş ben͏d̶ a͝ǹd̴ tw͜is̡t̕ a̶round ͞t̢h̶e ̸fi͠g̶u̴ŕe, be͘f͟o̴r͡e r̵ác҉i͏ng ̧fo̶r̴ t̷he̛ ̛h͘orizon̴.̷

Ìn͘ ҉a ͢bli͟nk ͞o̷f ͜a͞n ̶eyé, T̷he ̸Dar͝kn͡ȩss̡ ẁa̡r͜p̕s͟ ͝ńext͜ t͝o t̀h̷e ̴Lie҉ut͟e̷ǹant͝.
T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: G̕o̶ ah̶ead,̡ c͘all͞ f̡ór͏ b͡ack̡u̧p, li̸eu͘t͠e̛na̢nt͢.
F̸̕͢r͘a͜͜͠ǹ̨̛k̛͜: Th̶i͢s̀ is̵ ̵L҉i͞e̸u͢t͡en͘a҉nt ̢Aberna̶thy ̷of̡ the̢ ͡7͠th ̵Col͝o̴n̶ial T̡ąskfo͘rce͜. W̨e͢'͏r҉e͟ u̕nd͠èr ̴aţta͟ck by̸ a ͏p͢sych́i͜c̨ ͏Ba̕r-

Th̢e ́D̶ar͏k͞n̨ess sl͟owl͘y̵ ͡cu҉r̢ls͏ h͢is ̵fi̡n̶gers.̕
͟T̷hè L̸i̡e͢ut͏e̸na͘nt̀'̶s ̛b̨o͠nes ҉c͟rac͝k͏ àn̷d͡ ͠snap̕, às ͞hi͜s͞ ͞bod̛y͟ ͘c̛ont̶or̷ts͠ int͢o a͡ jagged ͡s̢p͏he̷re no҉ ̴mo͟re͠ ̧t̡h͟an a ͏me̴ter acr͟oss͏.͜
H͝is̴ s̢cre͏a͟mş e͘ch̨o҉ acr̴oss̸ N̵eo҉-̨Ka͝b͟ul.̕

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: H̕ów ͘do͟es ̡it f͝eel̶, l͜ie͟u̶te͘nant͠?̢ Tó su̵f͢f͡er͡ ̴a̵s͝ m͞y̷ ̛p͞eo̡ple͜ have̵ s̵uff҉ère̡d͘?

The oth͜er sold͞i͡ers b͞acķ ̸a̴wa̢y̴ ̕f҉r͠o͞m̡ ̴t̛hȩ s̴c͜re̸am͜ing͝ ̶ball ̴o͡f̷ flesh͢ ̨a͞ńd ̨t͏he͠ al̷įe̴n̴ c͝r̸e̸a҉t҉u̧rè ͞torţurin̨g͞ ̸it̨.

On̡e̸ of ͞ţh́e̶m mak̵e̵s̨ t͝h̵e͠ ̧s͞i͡gn̷ of̨ t̸h̵e͠ s͢un ͜i͜n the ̡dir͞ècti҉on óf t̸he creat̨ure. His fin̡g̨e̕rs͏ st̢r͏e͢tch ̧f̧u̴r̕t҉he҉r̵ a͏nd ҉f͜u͘rt͜he̛r̷,͘ ̵th̴e bon̵es ̢bre̷aki̢n͘g,̕ as they͝ ͡tw͡i̢st ̛int҉o ͟a ̵ŕo͝p͞é, ͏a͢n͡d̀ wr͟ap͡ ͠ar̶óund h̕i̢s̛ ͝o͠w͞n̛ nȩc͠k͝.́ Tear ̴str҉eam͢ ͟do͘ẃn͏ ͠hi̡s ͟f̨ac͞ȩ i͜n͡ s͜il̡e͢nçe.

Th͟e̛ ͏Dar̀kn̡ess lo҉oks h̕i̴m͡ ̡i̕n ̴th̀e̕ eye. The̴ ba͡ll ̢of ̀bone͏ a̷n̵d ҉f҉l̵esh͡ col҉l͝aps͝e̢s ̛o͠n҉ the g͏ro͢und. ͟D͞e͞ath e͡mbrace̵s ͟t̛he ҉l͞ieu͞te̶nan͏t.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Z̶un͞ w̷i҉ll̕ n̕ot ̴h͜el͏p͞ y̶o̵u͢ t̴o̸day̴, ͜mor̵t́a̛ĺ. I ̸am̨ ̶n̵o͜t a v̷a̵mpi͟r̶e͞.

Annette: Nasr, sweetie, smell my perfume. Feel my hands on your face.

H̶e͞ar ͠m͟y ̀v̵oi̢c̀e͏

Nasr: A-annette? No, Annette, get out, it's too dangerous for you here!

T͘he ͘D͞a̡r͢ḱn͘e̴ss ͠tu͠rńs̕ ͝its ga͢z͝e ̛towa͞r̴d̶s N͘aşr͜.̡

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Rem͠ar͞ka̷b͜le.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Hello, Annette.
Annete: Let them go, please! They've done nothing!

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: N̢Ó͝T̴H̷҉҉I̷̧̨͝N҉G̴̴̕?̴̸͘!̡̀ Do you know what this tower does, Annette?
T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: This is a dedicated communications relay, created to spread a signal on one particular frequency. A signal that plagued your mother since she was a child, until bint Sina made it stop. A signal that your great-uncle Wei heard every night in his sleep until death finally took him.
T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: All Solars are guilty. But these animals are more guilty than others.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: But even if I wanted to, I could not let them go. Just as I cannot kill your husband. This already happened, Annette. So j̷ust̴ ę̢͞ń͟j͘͞o̧͘̕y͡ t̕h̵́e̕ ͏̡s̨͟͞h̢͘͜͜o̢̧̢̧͢w̵̷.̶̷̡͝

Th́e͜ ̧ḿan͡ wit̕h th̵e̛ ́finge̕r̛-̸ro̷pe̡ fl̸ie̢s̷ ͞ou̡t ̀throưgh ̕tḩe͏ hol̷e ́in ́t́he͘ wall. H̴is͜ fi͝n͠ger͟s̷ catch̛ o͢n a҉ j͜a͝gg͠ed e͜dg͡e,̕ ̧an͝d̵ h͜e sw̸i͟ngs in̸̛ ̨t̴he ̕wind.̧

The ҉f̨i̴n̵a҉l ̡g̨uard̷ ţak͢e̷s a ͟r̛unni͟ng͢ ͘leap̷ ́ou̕t͜ ͞of͝ ͟th͠e ͜hole.̨ With̕ a f̀lick ̡of͏ ͞i̕ts̛ ͟wri̢şt̀,̷ Th̨e ̵Da͘r̷k͢ne̕ss h͏o͘lds͟ hi̵ḿ ͡i͢n̷ ̕mi͘ḑ-̧a͝i͢r̸.͘

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Y͠ou̡ d̶o͘n't get ͟to l̡òòk̸ a͞w͡áy̨.͏

Th́e͡ ̡a͡l̢iȩn no͞w ͡fo͟cus̡ȩs h͝i҉s̕ gąze̶ on Va̸s҉y͡a,͞ t̨h̡e ot͝her te҉ch̶.̸

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Gr̵ab y̸our ͠t͞óo͞l̨s,͡ ͏Va̶s͠ya̛.̀ You͢ ̧h̕àv́e w̸ơr̨k̕ to ҉do̴.

Vasy̴a͟'̨s ̡wor̕kba̶g̕ floa҉ts ͟throug̛h̀ t͠he ai̕r̀ t̵oẁar̛d̀s h̴im.͞

My poor Nasr. What a horror to live through.

Annette: Nasr, hon. This is your wife. Everything is going to be ok, Nasr. That thing can't hurt you anymore.

Annette: But I need you to come back from there. I need you to try to hear me. I need you to listen to my voice.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: L͡e͘t h̸i̡ḿ be҉,͜ ̨ Annette. He cannot hear you. This is his punishment.

Annette: You said that all Solars are guilty. He's not even a Solar! We're from St. Hossack! Please, free my husband!

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Are there no Bardes on St. Hossack? Focus,͠ ͜V͘a̢s͟y҉a.́ ͘Keep͟ tryin͡g͏ ͟th̨e f͠r̶e̸que̛ncy̷ ҉u̶n͡t͘il҉ ỳo͡u͘ gȩt͞ a͟ res̀ponse. Do they not suffer while your husband gets paid to fix these towers? None are innocent, Annette.

Annette: Who made you the judge?

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: The ten billion that died on Treadway. The billions that died in the coming war.

Annette: What war?

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: The one you're helping to start.
R̨̢͠a̵̡d̡̨͜i͞o: G͟ai̢a͟? ̷Co͞m̀e̢ ̕i̕n͢,͞ ̢Ǵa҉i̴a̧.̸
T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: T̢h͜i̕s iş ͝Ga̶ia.

R̨̢͠a̵̡d̡̨͜i͞o: Ness, yơu҉ ͟b̧e͘au͝t̛i͠fu͠l ́ba͝st͟a͝rd.̷ ͡I d͞o̸n̵'t̨ ̷k͡n̕o̢w ̕ho͞w you di̵d,̨ ̧but̀ w҉e̵ ̕c̷ąn̢ ͢see͟ eve͢r͜y̡t͜h͝i̛n̸g. Ev̛ęry̵ ͡ship mov͢ement,̛ every ̡a͞r̛m̨y͜ d̶e̡p̛ot̶, ̕eve̛r̵y̵ i̧mpe͜r͘i͟a̴ļ t͏rąns̛a̕c͠tiơn̢.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: I t͡o̴ld ҉yo͟u̢ I had m͜y͘.͏..́ own connections, M͢r͡.̴ C̢h͞air͡ma͢n̕

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: You̧ hav̛e ͏the psy͢-́co͏ord̡in̵a͟t̶es for th͜e̸ ́s͡ig̸na̷l̕.͢ I̢'m t̸e̵ŕmin̶at̴in̨g̴ t͡his̵ ̨ent̷r͟y-̷po̢i̴n͟t ͡a͟n͞d ̡ty̴in̡g u͜p ̶l͝oo̧s̀e̛ ̨e͢nd͝s͟.͢

R̨̢͠a̵̡d̡̨͜i͞o: G̛óod ͞l̢uck̀ o̶u̵t ͞t͘he͜r͡e͘,̨ N̨e̢ss. ̀We'll g̀èt ͞t҉hese b͝a͜śtar̡ds̨, ͞t̸o̸get͞her.̵ ̧See yo͏u ̛in t͟h͟e ̴f̨ie҉l̴d.̸

Th͝e͜ Da͟rkn̵e͝s̶ś ͏cu̧r͝ļs ͟h͠is͘ ͏fin̕g͜ers, ͡an҉d̛ ͞t҉h͝e̢ ͟commu̕n͠icatio҉n̡ ̷r͘el̕ay̸ i̡m͘p̸l̛o̡d̵es̢. ͞

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Yǫu'v͜e ̸bèe͞n ̢v̴er̷y ̨us͠efu͡l̀,͏ V̴as͟ya. B̧u͘t͘ ̡you k̛n̛ow͢ I̵ ͘c̕an͘not let̕ y͢o͏u҉ ̡li͠ve̷.̷ ͠Y͜o͟u ̧kno͏w too m̵uc͏h.͡

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Y͝o̡u҉ ḑo d͝es̴erve̵ á p̕a̴in̕les̸s ͠d͠eath́, ̢t͢h͠oug̵h.

T͘he̛ Da̶r͝k͟n҉es̴ş s͞ǹaps its f́in̸ge͘r̨s,̨ ̵ánd͜ V͘as͝ya̸ ̵falls͝ ̸a͝pa̸rt̴ ̷int͜o ̨sm̶al͢l ͝c҉u͠bes ̢ơf҉ ̴mea̸t͞,̴ ͠s̛kin̛ ͠and̵ b͘o҉n̕e̵.͠

T͟h̛e Da͠rkne͞s̸ś ̷w̵a̵ves͡ h͘i̷s h͘an̷d̸,̛ and the ͞fl͝oatin͘g͞ g̢ùard͟ i̵s̀ th̡rown ĺike a ̛r̸agdòl̶l̶ a͘cr̛oss͞ ̧the ̨ci͡ty ͢towa͡r̸ds͠ t͟h҉e̷ Imp̴e̶r̸i̵a̕l ͜Pal͠ace.

H͠e̵ wa̧lk͠s up͡ to ̢Nas̨r, and̕ geņt́l̴y͘ c̵aŕe͘ss͏e̴s͝ h͡is ̧f̢a͢ce.̧

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: I ͏ne̛ȩd ͘yo͞u ̢t̵o͟ r̶ememb̕er ͢th̶i̷s͘ very ҉wel̢l. ̛C̕a͠n ̢yo͘u͞ d̶o ͠t͏h̀át͢ f҉or͟ ͘m̕e,͘ ͞N҉asr̶? L̴oòk͠ a̸r͏o̢und̴,̨ ̡b̷r͡e͟a̵the įt a͟ll ̡ín. Th́e̕ şigh̡t̢s͜,̛ ͏the sou̶nds҉, ͟thé ͝sme͞l͞ls̵. R͟èmember all of th̸i̧s.

T͠ea̛r͢s ̡s̨t͡r̨eam̢ing ̢fr̡om ̡his ͡e͢y͢e͏s͞,͞ Na͠s͏r͟ ̸no͢ds.҉

Th̀e D̨ark̷n͞e̶s̷s̀ ͏p̵a҉t͠s̨ ̧h͠im ҉on ͡t̶h̷e he̛ad.́

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Go̡od̷ boy.͢

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: No̧w g̵o h̶ǫm͘e, Nasr̢.͏ S͠ee ͠y͟o̷u͘r ͡wi͢fe̴. S̛p̸eńd ţi͞me̡ with yoųr̕ ̛kìd̸s̨.͢ ͟F̷i̶n҉d̶ a͏ ne͞w ̀job.

He̴ st̡arts ͟to̶ fĺo͘át҉ a̡way.

T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: O͘h, an͘d ͘if͏ y͞ou t̶e͞l̨l ąnyon̡e t̶h̵at I̕ tam̡per͏e҉d͞ witḩ t͝he c̕ommu͟nic͘àti̛o̧ns̸ ͜a̵rr͡ay be͝f͠ơre de̸s̛tro̡yin̢g̷ i͠t̵, ͡I'll ͟ki҉l͟l ̨yo̡úr fu҉ck̨i͏ng ́f͜am̶ily. What was, will be. What will be, was.
T̴͢͝h̀́͘e̸ ̕D̡͏͜a͝r͜k̸̸͘nes̛s̸̛̀: Bardes everywhere are in your debt, Annette.

H̀e d͟ríf̸ts ̸awa̷y t͟owa̵r͠d̸s҉ the ͠h̀o͠r҉iz̛o̸n.̴ ̸Ǹasr ̕r͘e͞mains wh͡er̴e͜ ͏he ̶i̸s, too͠ ̵a̧fr͡a͘id̨ to ̨mov̨e͢.͢
̛
͢A͏ f̕ew̷ ̸m͞i̛n̡ute̸s͢ lat̷e͟r҉,͢ the̕ I̢m͞pe̸r͟i̕a҉l Guar̶d ́su҉rr͠o̵u͟ńd͘s͡ th͜e̢ ҉t͏ow͜e҉r. ͡T̨hr͝e҉e̢ g͏u̷ar̨ds͏m̵e̴n͡ ẃith̢ j͞e̷t̡packs enter̀ t͢hrou̵g̡h͞ the h́ole̛ iǹ ͠the ̡wa͢l͝l. ́N͏ąs̨r̛ ͞s͟ees̵ ͢hel̶p̵ a҉n̵ḑ ͠fin̵aĺlỳ ̛brea͞ks̷ ͏d̵o̕wn in͘t͠o̸ ̸so͝b̷s.

Annette: Nasr, honey, it's over. I've got you.
Nasr: Annette! Oh, thank Zun. Where are we?
Annette: In a bathroom of our local theare. Don't worry, I locked the doors. No one saw anything.

Nasr: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to space out like that. I -
Annette: Hon, it's ok. You've been through a lot. We'll get through this. Together.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

What did I tell y'all about blasphemies? We could have just been a harmless genocracy DNA-editing our way to perfect caste-based harmony but noooo, y'all had to open up the door to the Abyss. :colbert:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
To be fair, everything except the Whisperers causing people to go insane was part of entirely unrelated event chains.

Though the simultaneous cascade of at least 3 of them at once is pretty much the most Stellaris.png thing i've ever seen.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

What...what just happened?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Jossar posted:

To be fair, everything except the Whisperers causing people to go insane was part of entirely unrelated event chains.

Though the simultaneous cascade of at least 3 of them at once is pretty much the most Stellaris.png thing i've ever seen.

What's the third? I've got the void, the worm that was and?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Erd posted:

What's the third? I've got the void, the worm that was and?

I was personally thinking of the Infinity Machine, although I guess you could also count the subterranean exploration stuff. Not quite as dramatic in scale though. The Infinity Machine also has some neat possible conclusions to it, though it's a matter of RNG as to what you get.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

And we still have half the galaxy to colonize :downs:

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
So Kayten, what's the current status of humanity? Were we all converted into Messengers for the glory of our new god? Are our vassals affected by our pacts with various dark gods?

Also, Zun might be the justice giver, but the Worm loves us. What will be, was.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
In hindsight, I feel pretty silly for once thinking that it would get a little boring to just have a human empire and its offshoots.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
sooo, short form of what has just happened:

1. time is a labyrinth, the worm is the labyrinth and the labyrinth's monster, desire is gravity, the worm loves us, and one day we might learn to love the Worm. also an incalculable heresy may have just transpired/always been on Imperial grounds. let's not worry about that.

2. in better news humanity is all psychic now, and we've made contact with an entity that dwells in Realms Beyond who is willing to make us a lot smarter at the cost of increasing the incidence rate of mental illnesses

3. we found an orb in space. it's asking us for help on what the deal with this "infinity" nonsense is

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So how much of this is widely known and how much has the suicide rate grown? 1000%?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Sinner Sandwich posted:

So Kayten, what's the current status of humanity? Were we all converted into Messengers for the glory of our new god? Are our vassals affected by our pacts with various dark gods?

Also, Zun might be the justice giver, but the Worm loves us. What will be, was.

First of all, officially, the Worm IS Zun.

Everything that just happened with species altering only happened in the territories directly controlled by the Solars (Sapadans? Black Holans?). Betelgeuse March was settled after the Messenger-related transformation, but before the Gaia-related transformation. That's the purple Humans there. The big Gaia-related transformation only affected the pops on Gaia. That's the blue tomb world Humans. Everyone else is the regular blue Humans. Humans in our vassal states remain similar to Earth-based Humans from 2200, with the exception of the two self-modified populations that live on Tomb and Arctic worlds, respectively.

Oh, and we have a genetically modified slave xeno population now. That used to live underground. Do those count as Humanity?

The rest of the empire reacted to this chain of events in abject horror. However, having learned from the lessons of Treadway, they know that the Empire's greatest strength is its fleets. So they're waiting for an opening to be able to get as far away from this shitshow as possible.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I suggest Blackholeians.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Did you edit your save/the event to make the underground aliens Goatmen? Or was that just always a possible result that could come from invading them?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Hiveminded posted:

Did you edit your save/the event to make the underground aliens Goatmen? Or was that just always a possible result that could come from invading them?

They're originally called Igarians, but since we genetically modified them to be better slaves, we got to rename them. Zunbils are assholes, news at 11.

Yvonmukluk posted:

What...what just happened?

ZunLP: Jesus Christ, Kayten

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Did you allow for primitives at all this game? Could be interesting for a space civ on the other side of the map to pop out and expand a little bit only to be met with the overwhelming assholery of the Zunbils

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I was hoping for a more... "fun" covenant than the one we got, but that could have really derailed the LP. Maybe this one is for the best.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 2, 2018

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Rawkking posted:

I was hoping for a more... "fun" covenant than the one we got, but that could have really derailed the LP. Maybe this one is for the best.

There are other Chaos Gods to venerate. We can worship them all.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
~♫ Black Hole Sun, Won't You Come, And Wash Away The Rain ♫~
~♫ Black Hole Sun, Won't You Come, Won't You Come, Won't You Come ♫~

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sinner Sandwich posted:

...but only if we will bring about The End.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Anticheese posted:

...but only if we will bring about The End.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Unfortunately, agreeing to a covenant locks you out of the other ones.

Though I must admit, Zunbils causing the destruction of all sentient life in the galaxy out of greedy short-sightedness would have been very appropriate.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Kayten posted:

Unfortunately, agreeing to a covenant locks you out of the other ones.

Though I must admit, Zunbils causing the destruction of all sentient life in the galaxy out of greedy short-sightedness would have been very appropriate.

Oh. Lame. Well, maybe one of our successor states/vassals can end all life. Also, I guess we already have a god. One who loves us.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Did you allow for primitives at all this game? Could be interesting for a space civ on the other side of the map to pop out and expand a little bit only to be met with the overwhelming assholery of the Zunbils

For the Greater Good!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Also, I guess we already have a god. One who loves us.

It was proven mathematically.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Update 1.3.3 - The End is the Beginning is the End

Annette: Come on, hun, Vanya's got our tickets already. Keep up!
Nasr: Coming, dear. I know you don't like to miss the trailers.

Ivan: Ma! Dad! We're over here!
Annette: Aw, sweetie, we haven't see you guys in ages! How are things?
Nasr: Hi, Vanya. Margaret.

And where's my favourite grandson?
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Her͞e̴ I a͢m̨,͏ ̀gr̸a̸n̷d̢m̛a͏!

Ivan: Where's Wei?
Annette: He couldn't make it, said something a group project he has to work on with this girl.
Ivan: Oh, one of those!
Nasr: Your brother works on a lot of projects with a lot of girls.
Annette: Boys! Behave!

Annette: How are things at home, Maggie?
Margaret: Oh, you know, keeping busy. You know how tiring young boys are.
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: I'm̵ ̴no̧t͘ ̶t͠įri̕ng,͡ ҉I̸'m̧ ̵jus͡t sm͞a̷r͏t͟!̸

Ivan: So dad, you doing alright?
Nasr: Eh, same old, same old, you know. The back's been acting up lately.

H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Gŗandm͡a,̵ ́w͏h͠y d̴oe̵s g̕randp͞a̴ Na̸sr ̨a͜lw̡ay̷s ͜l̴o͜ok̶ so̸ ̛t͠ir̡e͏d̵?͝
Grandpa Nasr has bad dreams, sweetie. Do you ever get bad dreams?
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Ỳe͢ah͝,͜ bu̸t͠ I͝ alw̶a͡y̴s ͞co͟me҉ talk͡ t͞ò mommy͝ ̡and s̕hè ͞sings̨ me͡ back̀ ̵to̕ s͟lée̕p̵.̢

That's what I do for your grandpa, too. Only my singing is a little bit m͘͢à͢҉g͜͜͝͠i̡̡͘̕͜c̷͏̛͟a̴͞l̢

Ivan: You sleep ok?
Nasr: Most nights are pretty good, you know. Can't complain.

Nasr: How's the house coming along?
Margaret: Oh, please, don't get him started about the house, Mr. Marzhan. We'll never get to the movie.
Nasr: Now, Margaret. We've talked about this. You've been married to my son for six-
F̛̛͞͏͞i̶̡̢͞͝v̧͘͝e̴̢͘͢
Nasr: Five years. You have a son together. You're allowed to call me Nasr.

Ivan: The restaurant holding up?
Annette: Absolutely! Your father re-did the specials this week, they've been selling like hotcakes.
Nasr: That's because they are!
Ivan: drat it, dad.
Annette: Vanya, language!

Ivan: Sorry, ma. Wei still helping out?
Nasr: You know, he's got his school now, and the girls -
Annette: Never you mind the girls. Wei helps out when he can, he's a good boy.
Ivan: Ma, please don't start.

Annette: I'm not starting anything. It's just that you never just swing by anymore-
Nasr: Dear, come on, the trailers are starting soon, you don't want to miss the trailers. They're the best part.
Annette: Alright, alright, let's go watch the movie.

It's been a long day. Time for you to lay back, relax, and get pampered. Forget housework. Let the new Robo-Maid PMR2 take care of you.
Robo-Maid. We clean up so you don't have to. A subsidiary of the Zaibatsu Conglomerate

Ivan: Yeah, dad, you should get a Robo-Maid. Help out around the restaurant, let ma take some time off.
Annette: I don't want to take any time off, Vanya. Besides, have you seen what those monstrosities cost? And they're so loud!
Ivan: Just trying to help, ma, sorry.

H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Da͏dd̸y̵ t̶hi̶nk̀s͢ a̢bo͞ut̢ ̴t́he͢ re͝staur͏aņt ̨a l̴ot͏, gr͏an͢d҉ma. ͜H͝is thou͘gh̀ts g͠et͜ ̨sa̷d̡, b̨u͜t ͟hi͠s fa͟ce ͜doe̡s͢n'̸t͢.̶
I know, sweetie. Grandma just misses you all very much.

Autos 27. This time they're mining probes or something. Your kids are going to watch it anyway. Coming soon.

Ivan: Zaibatsu Entertainment is losing its Zun-damned mind.
Annette: Ivan Nasrovich Marzhan, there are children present! I don't know where I went wrong with raising such a child.

Ivan: Ma, I'm thirty years old. And no one cares about the world "drat" anymore, it's not the 2200s.
Margaret: Vanechka, please. We're in public.

Annette: If my mother was alive to see this...
Nasr: Dear, please, let's just watch the movie.

Ivan: You know what, ma? This is it. This is why I don't come around anymore. Every time we talk, you just have to find something to nag me to death about.
Nasr: Ivan, you watch your mouth when you talk to your mother!

Patron: Would you people please just shut the gently caress up?!
Ivan: Whoa there, buddy, don't tell my mother to shut up, who do you think you are? You want to step outside?
Annette: Vanya, stop it, just sit down.
Ivan: Did you hear how he talked to you, ma?

Margaret: Vanechka, you're embarassing me.
Patron: How are you people still talking?

H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: G̷ran̷dma̸,̛ i͝s daddy ǵoing̛ t̡ó fįghţ th͠e̶ f҉a̕t ͞man?
Not if I have anything to say about it.
Y͞͏ǫu̶͏̨ will ̨l̀ea̕v͢͜e̡ ̀͘r̡i͞g͡͏̕h̢̀t̢̧͜ n҉ow̨
Patron: gently caress this, I'm leaving. Assholes.

Nasr: Can we please just watch the movie now?
Ivan: Fine.
Annette: Fine.

H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Gra͏n͞ḑm͜a̢, d̀ơn̛'̷t ́b͞e ͜mad a̕t͏ d̨a͞d, he̴ ļov͠és ̸you ͏ve͝r̸y͡ ͡muc̴h̷.͘
I'm not mad.
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Yes y͡ou҉ ̢a҉ŗe. Yo̸ú l̀ook͏ red̕.͡ ͢No̕t on ͘your ͘f͡àc̀e̕, ̛ins͢i͠de.̡

It's complicated, sweetie. Sometimes people you love say really hurtful things to you. Even if they don't mean them, it still hurts.
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: But I̕ don'̛t͝ want̶ y̧òu ͞ţo͏ figh̸t!̡

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! PLEASE STAND BY FOR A MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNMENT

Ivan: What's going on?

Mountbatten: Hello. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Fatima Mountbatten, acting CEO of Zaibatsu Conglomerate. Precisely thirty minutes ago, Count Jean of Zulei Cro has been placed under arrest for sedition against our great country. Chief among the many charges laid against him is collaboration with the Solar Government in their many crimes against humanity.

Mountbatten: For too long, the Solar Empire has been committing horrific acts to Humans on an immense scale. The Human race can take no more. Thus, there now exists a state of war between Zulei Cro County and the Solar Empire. But fear not, for we are not alone. We are joined in our fight for freedom by our brothers in the Grand Duchy of Earn and Hagawa County.

Mountbatten: In order to ensure the continuation of stable governance, the Zaibatsu Conglomerate has assumed the role of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of administration. I have been granted full power necessary to prosecute this war by the authority of the Zaibatsu Board of Directors. I have no doubt in my mind that we will be victorious, and earn our freedom!

Mountbatten: In the interest of national security, I hereby declare all Gaia-class and New Earth-class Humans, as well as all psychic Humans, to be enemies of the state to be arrested immediately. Specially-trained clone trooper squads have been diverted to major population centers in order to weed out this threat. Please report any suspicious activity to them as soon as possible.

Mountbatten: We rely now on you, our beloved consumers, to build a better future for Humanity under our steady guiding hand. Please go about your business. Further updates will be provided to you as the situation develops. Thank you.

Nasr: It's finally happening, isn't it?
Annette: I'm afraid so, dear.
Henri: Dad? What's going on?
Ivan: Nothing is going on, Henri, we just need to go home straight away, ok?
Margaret: Come on, Henri, let's get your jacket back on. Don't worry, daddy's going to carry you.

W͠ei!͝ ͏Thi͝s ̧is ̴y̵our m͘oth́e͢r.͞ ̷Do͟n'͜t as̴k̶ ͢q̡ueşt̷io̸n͡s.͏ I͏ ̷ne̕ed̢ y̵ou̵ ͡t͡o immed̛iat̡e͠ly͘ ͏go͏ ͞to͝ ͡the͏ ͝r̴ès̕tau̶r̕a̴n͏t.̨ ̶R҉ig̢h̴t̕ n̨ow̕! ͞Yo̕u'r͘e͘ go̷ińg̀ ̨to̶ sta̵ŗt ̀cov̕e͜r̕i͡n̸g ͡a͟ll t̶h̛e w͘i̛ndow͝s͜ ̕wi̶th͏ ͠àn͝y̶thing y̛ou ̛c̵an.͝ Ẃe a̧re ͡bar̕ríc͏a̴d͞i҉n̷g ͡ou͢rse̸l͝v̧e͞s̢ ̶a̶t́ t͟h͝e r͝es͏táur̨a͠n͏t.̶ ̕Ta̧lk͘ t̷o̧ ̴no on͡e, ́j̡ưs̵t go҉.̷ We are͞ ̸o̴n͘ t͡he͜ ̷ẃa҉y. Pl͝e͘as̕e ̸be̡ s͠afe͜.
Annette: Vanya, Maggie, we're going to the restaurant to hole up and wait this out. Please, for the love of Zun, come with us.
Ivan: gently caress it, let's go, ma.

Darn it, the clone troopers are here already. Henri, can you hear me?
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: W̡e're r̡ig͠h̢t b͏e͏h̡ind y̧oư, gra͢n͞d̴ma̛.́

Do you see those tall men with the same face? The ones without colour? Don't look them in the eye. Don't try to look at them. Just focus on my voice.
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Gr͞and̴ma,͝ ̷I'm ͢s̵ca̷r҉ed̀.

I know, sweetie, it's going to be ok, we're family, we take care of each other. I promise.
H̷̡en̛̕r̀͏̵i: Th͜e͞ ta͢ll ͝m͏en ̨are ͝gr̸a̸b͘b͏in̡g͡ the͝ ṕur̸p̡le ̴pe͟o͜p̕ĺe̛,̕ ͞g͝r̴a҉nd҉m͢a!͠ ́A͡re th͠ey ̶goįn͝g t͟ò ̵gr͜a͠b́ us ţoó?

RX-71: You there, halt. Stand by for psycho-spectrometer analysis.
Nasr: We're not psychics, officer, we're restaurant owners. The Marzhans, that's us. We run The Red Irassian.
RX-63: It's alright, '71. I know them. Mr. Marzhan, Mrs. Marzhan, long time no see.
Nasr: '63! I haven't seen you in months!

RX-71: Sir, I'm getting strange readings off the small Human with them.
RX-63: It's a scared cub, '71. But, fine, I'll talk to it. Hello, child. What's your name?
Henri: H-henri, sir.
RX-63: My vatmate here thinks you're a psychic. Are you a psychic, H-henri?
Say no. SAY NO.

Henri: N-no, sir.
RX-63: And do you know any psychics?
Say no, Henri!
RX-63: Please stop looking at your grandma, H-Henri. Just answer the question. Do you know any psychics?

Henri: I don't know, sir.
RX-63: Good boy. See, '71, and you were worried. It's just a human cub. Let them through.
RX-71: But sir!

RX-63: Am I going to need to assign disciplinary duties to you, '71?
RX-71: No sir. Marzhan family, go on through.

RX-63: Go on, Mr. Marzhan. Mrs. Marzhan. We still have to process thousands of people today.
RX-63: I'll stop by the restaurant and talk about this later.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
The Choice of 2394

The Solar Empire has lost its grip on its vassals. The Sun Throne no longer reigns over most of Humanity, in its myriad forms. New powers rise in the Galactic West. Which one will we shepherd?

A. Earn Free State. Following the conclusion of the Imperial Wars of Independence, the Duke of Earn was gently escorted out of the Ducal palace by troops under the command of General Salazar. He was executed by firing squad at Independence Square (formerly Imperial Square) in New Jakarta on Broadleaf.

The military has assumed control of government operations, riding a wave of popular disgust with recent Imperial policies. A council of prominent Admirals and Generals maintains day-to-day administration of the planets, with a single Consul appointed to represent the State in Galactic matters.

The caste system has been abolished for those the State recognizes as Human. All citizens that are willing to serve the State will be provided for by the State. The results of Imperial meddling with The Worm are regarded as abominations against all that Humanity stands for, and are considered undesirable.

Note: Earn Free State will pursue Large-Scale Construction Projects.

B. The Zaibatsu Conglomerate. The arrest of the Count of Zulei Cro is arguably the event that started the Imperial Wars of Independence. The Zaibatsu Conglomerate, originally an auto manufacturer, has grown so large as to encompass almost every aspect of commerce within Zulei Cro County. In 2388, the clone troops created by Helix Solutions, Ltd. (a subsidiary of Zaibatsu Conglomerate) turned on the Count, who relied on their protection. Under the command of Fatima Mountbatten, the acting CEO of Zaibatsu Conglomerate, the Count was declared a collaborator with the Imperial Government and a traitor to Humanity, and later publicly executed.

The Board of Directors of the Conglomerate has taken over government duties. The massive Zaibatsu resources have been put to use to address gaps in the former Imperial bureaucracy. The Board immediately voted to grant Fatima Mountbatten sweeping powers necessary to maintain stability during this delicate transition of power.

In order to smooth the process, social frameworks remained largely unchanged for moment, including the caste system. Any Conglomerate clients that demonstrate psychic abilities are clearly spies for the Imperial government, and are thus declared enemies of the Conglomerate. However, since the Board is not without vision, the psychic "Humans" are given the option to work off their debt to society in one of the many Zaibatsu Loyalty Centres.

Note: The Zaibatsu Conglomerate will pursue Forced Evolution.

C. Nusakan Border Regions. At the end of Imperial Wars of Independence, the Imperial Core Worlds were completely cut off from the recently-settled colonies of Inferno, Keresia, Tartarus and High Ground. Since direct administration was essentially impossible due to Earn and Zaibatsu territorial gains blocking access to the rest of Solar territory, the Sun Throne has spun off the new colonies into a loose association that can govern itself.

In return for pledging undying loyalty to the Sun Emperor, the Sun Priest Council representatives on the planets were granted control over the Border Regions. However, in a moment of miscalculation on the part of the Imperial government, the distance from Terra Nova has damaged the pan-Human psychic connection. Instead, the Human population of the Border Regions, overwhelmingly psychic, has developed empathy. Empathy for all Humans. Even Bardes.

Thus, the first action of the Sun Priest Council was to abolish the caste system. This reform was met with rage from the Sun Throne, but both Zaibatsu Conglomerate and Earn Free State refused to grant Imperials access to their colonies. This lack of any armed response from Terra Nova has taught the Nusakans that while the Imperials are technically their overlord, in practice, their power to enforce policy was very, very limited.

Note: Nusakan Border Regions will pursue Mechanization and try to build Fully Automatic Luxury Gay Space Communism.

:siren: Vote now! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space

Communism