Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The credits are pretty great too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I must have missed Ray Romano's scene. I knew I shouldn't have gone to take a leak while Strange was being tortured

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Demi is a hero

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not sure the Heart Shaped Herb is completely gone, there's probably some in the jungles, it was just easier to have some in the temple so they could get it at a moments notice.

I figure that Tony and nebula will get to earth on the Milano, even if it got gorked by the moon strike, it probably can be fixed. it was torn in half in Guardians 2 and Rocket fixed that with a hose. Though I could see them not going directly to earth after what happens, maybe they go somewhere else first, so Tony can get new tech for a new suit to take on Thanos, or maybe they'll use A4 to introduce a Nova or some other cosmic hero. Hell, maybe Kraglund and the Ravagers will join them? Stallone kicking rear end in space would be great.

Friends of mine were complaining that the Wakanda armies didn't fight in formation, but I tried to explain formation only works when you fight against armies that are going to behave certain ways. A army of leaping suicidal aliens is going to make short work of a square formation, as that only works because horses won't charge pointy things. The monsters were shown they were more than happy to just overwhelm everyone with their numbers and bodies. I do like that the Black Order was all defeated, it gave you the hope that yes, they might pull this off. I loved how Proxima Midnight was not easily able to beat Nat and Okoye, showing that these are probably the two most skilled fighters on the planet that are not enhanced (assuming that Widow doesn't have any russian knock off SS syrum in her), and they match one of the most dangerious warriors in the galaxy. But Banner vs Black Dwarf was the best, this is not Banners skillset at all, but he was able to out think a brute force attacker.

Also did anyone else notice the Jabari were fighting the POINTED STICKS? How loving bad rear end do you have to be to to to war with a group of genocidal aliens with just a giant toothpick? Not to mention the balls. I'm glad M'Baku was not dusted though, I would not be surprised to see him get a less racist White Gorilla armor in the 4th one.

I've seen a lot of people speculating about why people survived, but Thanos is pretty clear its all at random. He isn't choosing who lives and who vanishes, he didn't decide that because Cap and Iron Man were such worthy opponents they were to live, it was just luck of the draw. While I'm sad Wanda got dusted, being one of my favorites, Bucky going is brutal. Steve gets back his old buddy, and the last thing he says is "Steve?" before poof. Harsh, really harsh.

Though all the Space crusade that could happen can be done via the Bifrost which Thor seems to have complete control over now. They can pick Tony up any time.

While Torture is terrible, and I the screams were terrifying, the way Nebula was all pulled apart was really cool.

Also Groot totally worthy, he was able to lift Stormbringer before anyone else. That scene was great. I also liked that no, Thanos himself cannot control all the stones, he needs a catalyst to go through, that gives the heroes hope, but holy poo poo unless Captain marvel is like Golden Age Superman level strong, i don't know how she'll be able to help that much.

Now that IW is out, I'm sure we'll be getting a bunch of stuff for Captain Marvel. They don't want to hype to far ahead, but there's only Ant Man and the Wasp left before CM, so i'd not be surprised to see some official shots of her, and maybe even a teaser released during comic con.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lost it at Keenan Ivory Hemsworth

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I loved the part of the charge on the enemy forces where Cap and BP just smoked everyone else. Really supports the idea that the SS is derived partially derived from that source.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The only thing I'd say might be deliberate and wind up as hubris, is Iron Man living. Thanos wouldn't let him live because he respects him, but he MIGHT have allowed him to live because he gave Strange his word that Stark would be spared.

Also, didn't Feige say they're not doing anything at Hall H this year?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're doing a 10th anniversary panel, but no hall H one.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Some of the writers finally commented on the THANOS thing last week and said it's stupid and would be a lame, amateurish way to write a movie.

But it's a brilliant way to write a comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

The only thing I'd say might be deliberate and wind up as hubris, is Iron Man living. Thanos wouldn't let him live because he respects him, but he MIGHT have allowed him to live because he gave Strange his word that Stark would be spared.

Also, didn't Feige say they're not doing anything at Hall H this year?

Oh yea, that makes sense, also why Nebula was left alive too because she was the only one of his "family" left alive.

I find it hard to believe Marvel films will have no presence at at ComicCon. Maybe no Hall H thing, but there has to be something.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
hey i may get to see avengers this week but i gotta little babby bladder, can anyone give me a good scene near the middle when i should run to the john

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soul Glo posted:

hey i may get to see avengers this week but i gotta little babby bladder, can anyone give me a good scene near the middle when i should run to the john

Pee into a cup ya wussy.

Edit: Decided to start an MCU re-watch post IW. As cool as Tony's armor has gotten in the last 10 years his original build, test and suit up in the red & gold is still incredibly bad rear end.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 29, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Soul Glo posted:

There are two potential scenes, imo

The one I would suggest is one where (mild spoilers) Iron Man and Doctor Strange are talking to each other onboard an alien spaceship. There's one joke in it that the trailer already spoils (it's the one with Spidey and Strange), and otherwise the discussion is not super duper extra important. They just establish that they're gonna go fight Thanos on his home turf instead of on Earth.

The other one is (more mild spoilers) one where Gamora and Thanos converse at Thanos' throne. I quite like the scene, and there's something that happens later in the fairly long scene that'll be important, but for the most part it simply (though skillfully) reinforces things we already know about the two of them.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
underrated moment from IW i just remembered is Rocket eying up Bucky’s arm. his whole obsession with body parts is a fantastic runner.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

There are two potential scenes, imo

The one I would suggest is one where (mild spoilers) Iron Man and Doctor Strange are talking to each other onboard an alien spaceship. There's one joke in it that the trailer already spoils (it's the one with Spidey and Strange), and otherwise the discussion is not super duper extra important. They just establish that they're gonna go fight Thanos on his home turf instead of on Earth.

The other one is (more mild spoilers) one where Gamora and Thanos converse at Thanos' throne. I quite like the scene, and there's something that happens later in the fairly long scene that'll be important, but for the most part it simply (though skillfully) reinforces things we already know about the two of them.

cool thanks

ive read the comic book and correctly guessed the ending to my buddy who's seen it, i just don't wanna miss something rad is all

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea, that makes sense, also why Nebula was left alive too because she was the only one of his "family" left alive.

I find it hard to believe Marvel films will have no presence at at ComicCon. Maybe no Hall H thing, but there has to be something.

Nebula surviving is not shocking to me if you have read the original Infinity Gauntlet story

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WHOOPS posted:

underrated moment from IW i just remembered is Rocket eying up Bucky’s arm. his whole obsession with body parts is a fantastic runner.

It's just insane and wonderful in every way.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Soul Glo posted:

Get the "RunPee" app.

Yes, this is real.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Not very surprising, but there’s definitely mo-cap type dots on his face for de-aging cgi. Last I heard, Fury was going to be a fairly major character in the film, so it’ll be interesting to see that tech really tested beyond the 5-10 minute scenes they’ve done already. They might be able to be subtle about it since Sam Jackson has aged so well in the last twenty years.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

they shoulda just had fury show up looking exactly as he does in the other movies

he came out of the womb with an eyepatch in my head canon

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

WHOOPS posted:

I love the way Bucky entertains him on the gun and just cannot when it comes to the arm. Another underrated moment from earlier is Rhodey getting Bruce to bow and then giving him poo poo for it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Not spoilering this cause it was in the trailers, though there's more of it in the movie, but I loved RDJ's reacting in his scenes with Star-Lord, cause they're such similarly mouthy characters and you can kind of read Tony's face like 'poo poo, is this what I come across like when I'm talking to people?'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

Not spoilering this cause it was in the trailers, though there's more of it in the movie, but I loved RDJ's reacting in his scenes with Star-Lord, cause they're such similarly mouthy characters and you can kind of read Tony's face like 'poo poo, is this what I come across like when I'm talking to people?'
The scenes between Tony and Dr. Strange worked better than I expected.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked when Bucky picks Rocket up and they're spinning around shooting.

Also I think when Ned goes "we're all going to die!" he wasn't making a distraction for Peter, but his honest belief.

I literally did not drink anything for 4 hours before I went to see the movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kind of bummed that we didn't get to see Ned disintegrate

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nothing can kill Ned. He's more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

agreed. Strange was very good across the board.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

They don't want to announce anything until after Avengers 4. The only thing we know for sure is coming out and scheduled is another Spidey movie next July, but I imagine that's because it's Sony's movie so they can't tell them to not market it or hide it or anything.

Part of it is probably to hide story details, some of it is probably negotiating with actors to see who wants to stay. Part of it might even be waiting to see when the Fox merger is completed. But I think they want to make a pretty clear line with Avengers 4 being the end of this era of Marvel films.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

I liked when Bucky picks Rocket up and they're spinning around shooting.

IW is so jammed full of good moments that I had honestly forgotten about this one even though I laughed like a loon.

I really need to see it a second time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

When Thanos told Thor "You should have aimed for my head," what he really should have said was, "Nothing can kill the Grimace."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Codependent Poster posted:

They don't want to announce anything until after Avengers 4. The only thing we know for sure is coming out and scheduled is another Spidey movie next July, but I imagine that's because it's Sony's movie so they can't tell them to not market it or hide it or anything.

They've already said Guardians 3 is happening, but it doesn't have an official release date, though it's probably one of the several "untitled Marvel" films in Disney's release slate between now and 2020.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Has anyone written a think piece about how Thanos is a leftist folk hero because his Malthusian genocide plan is completely random to ensure that the rich and powerful cannot buy their way out at the expense of the poor and their resources will be redistributed to the remaining 50%?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

howe_sam posted:

They've already said Guardians 3 is happening, but it doesn't have an official release date, though it's probably one of the several "untitled Marvel" films in Disney's release slate between now and 2020.

We also know Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2 are happening but don't have release dates. All that's known about Strange 2 is that apparently the villain is going to be Nightmare.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cythereal posted:

We also know Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2 are happening but don't have release dates. All that's known about Strange 2 is that apparently the villain is going to be Nightmare.

And from everything that's happened since Thor 3 it's clear that Hemsworth is planning on returning to the role.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cythereal posted:

I think Cumberbatch said they actually didn't have plans for Dr. Strange 2. Could just be playing it coy, though. GOTG 3 is for sure happening, there's a lot going around about a Black Widow movie, and I think everyone expects Black Panther 2 and probably another Thor focused movie with Waititi directing.

But they haven't officially announced those with release dates or anything. So yeah, they'll all probably happen, but we won't get titles or specific dates until after Avengers 4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They probably have something bonkers coming, like how we were all WTFing over the GotG announcement.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC there was some recent noise about doing a Scarlet Witch movie. Also depending on how well Captain Marvel goes I could see them finally moving forward on an A Force movie.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are both supergeniuses at the top right of their field. If it weren’t for the circumstances, they would probably be close collaborators, if not friends.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Has anyone written a think piece about how Thanos is a leftist folk hero because his Malthusian genocide plan is completely random to ensure that the rich and powerful cannot buy their way out at the expense of the poor and their resources will be redistributed to the remaining 50%?

his plan probably won’t work in any way, though, and he’s just latched on to it because he thought it would save Titan. At best, it’s a delaying action.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC there was some recent noise about doing a Scarlet Witch movie. Also depending on how well Captain Marvel goes I could see them finally moving forward on an A Force movie.

Yeah I saw the bit where Olsen is pushing for it hard. They did say the next phase would be a little looser so they could easily do a bunch of stuff without worrying about connection other than silly credit scenes. I think they said Moon Knight somewhere as well?

But finally moving on an A-Force film? Hasn't A-Force existed for like three years? It's not like we've been waiting three decades on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

Also Groot totally worthy, he was able to lift Stormbringer before anyone else. That scene was great. I also liked that no, Thanos himself cannot control all the stones, he needs a catalyst to go through, that gives the heroes hope, but holy poo poo unless Captain marvel is like Golden Age Superman level strong, i don't know how she'll be able to help that much.

He might have been worthy anyway but Mjolnir was enchanted. I figure anyone can pick up Stormbreaker.

• Locked thread